PDA

View Full Version : Inaugural Indiana State Chapter Meeting

indianabacklog
10-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I would like to suggest that anyone in Indiana who can make it meet at the Starbucks coffee location in Westfield this Saturday.

This is at US31 and 146th Street north of Indianapolis.

I propose 11am.

Even if there are only half a dozen of us surely we can achieve more than as individuals.

usirit
10-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Thank you for taking the lead on this.... I'll be @ 11:00 am

dpp
10-25-2007, 02:22 PM
I would like to suggest that anyone in Indiana who can make it meet at the Starbucks coffee location in Westfield this Saturday.

This is at US31 and 146th Street north of Indianapolis.

I propose 11am.

Even if there are only half a dozen of us surely we can achieve more than as individuals.

Ok, count on me and will be there at 11:00 am.

indianabacklog
10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Thank you for taking the lead on this.... I'll be @ 11:00 am

Excellent. Will be there. I suggest we meet outside first so we do not look stupid wandering in aimlessly.

My name is Lynne and I am from the UK.

Looking forward to meeting you.

indianabacklog
10-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Ok, count on me and will be there at 11:00 am.
See you Saturday, please see the previous reply to USIRIT as I suggest we meet outside.

walking_dude
10-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Indiana, wake up and smell coffee. Your neighbors in MI wish you good luck.

paskal
10-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Hi,

I suggest you guys bump this thread periodically and keep it on the front page.
Lynne, I can provide you some help with info on IV members in IN.
Please pm/e mail me. Thanks for your effort!

walking_dude
10-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Pakal, you just made an offer no state chapter can refuse :)

Trust me, IN guys, it will get you more members. I got a couple of members to attend by calling them. Not all the members are active on the forums, though they are interested in doing the volunteer work. Even if the numbers that add up after those 30-40 calls is small, it does publicize the existence of the chapter to other members; who most probably will join once they start seeing the chapter stable and working for a few months (think of it as a publicity campaign ).

You guys followup with Paskal, he can help you run a Newsletter to reach all registered IN members. Keep it supplemental to calling the members (and not as a subsitute).

We ( MI chapter) recently had our meet. If you guys are interested PM me. I can provide you more details on what worked, and how we did preparations for it.

Hi,

I suggest you guys bump this thread periodically and keep it on the front page.
Lynne, I can provide you some help with info on IV members in IN.
Please pm/e mail me. Thanks for your effort!

dpp
10-27-2007, 01:16 PM
See you Saturday, please see the previous reply to USIRIT as I suggest we meet outside.

I have searched for US 31 and 146st intersection for 1 1/2 hours, it is very confusing. Actually, there is no 146st and US 31 intersection as such. It is actually Greyshound pass and 146 st intersection. Finally i went to one Starbucks at 11:45, but nobody was there. Also there are so many Starbucks in and around that area. Please post the exact location with address next time onwards.

indianabacklog
10-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I have searched for US 31 and 146st intersection for 1 1/2 hours, it is very confusing. Actually, there is no 146st and US 31 intersection as such. It is actually Greyshound pass and 146 st intersection. Finally i went to one Starbucks at 11:45, but nobody was there. Also there are so many Starbucks in and around that area. Please post the exact location with address next time onwards.

Sorry you had trouble finding the location. The intersection of roads was the nearest I could suggest.

Two of is. infact three including Ulises wife Dana were there. The Starbucks we were at was next to Panera Bread on the corner near a large Kohls store and Walmart.

Once again I am sorry not to have had the chance to meet you today.

Please feel free to send me a PM, give me a telephone number and I will call you.

chanduv23
10-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Our first New York meet started with a small meet at a Starbucks in Manhattan. After that we have been having frequent meetups and the attendence is considerably increasing.

So for you all in IN it is a good start. Good luck

usirit
10-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Sorry you had trouble finding the location. The intersection of roads was the nearest I could suggest.

Two of is. infact three including Ulises wife Dana were there. The Starbucks we were at was next to Panera Bread on the corner near a large Kohls store and Walmart.

Once again I am sorry not to have had the chance to meet you today.

Please feel free to send me a PM, give me a telephone number and I will call you.

Hey DPP...

I am sorry you didn't make it... meeting with Lynne was so enriching, I am sure we'll have more meetings to keep setting up our Chapter to promote solutions for all of us.

Lynne:
Thanks again for taking the lead of this campaign... Let me know if there is something that I ca do to assist you. I'll get back to you later if there is something in my end.

indianabacklog
10-28-2007, 12:03 PM

DPP once again, I am sad that we did not get to meet yesterday.
Where are you based in Indiana, maybe you work in Indianapolis? I work in downtown Indy and can always find time to talk to a fellow sufferer.

Lynne

dpp
10-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Lynne,

I live in Fishers (126st), but work on West side of Indy (US 36 road towards Avon).

I will make it next time for sure. I am not familiar with Carmel roads, but after yesterday's confusion, i have got some idea.

DPP

DPP once again, I am sad that we did not get to meet yesterday.
Where are you based in Indiana, maybe you work in Indianapolis? I work in downtown Indy and can always find time to talk to a fellow sufferer.

Lynne

nkavjs
11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Lynne,

I live in Fishers (126st), but work on West side of Indy (US 36 road towards Avon).

I will make it next time for sure. I am not familiar with Carmel roads, but after yesterday's confusion, i have got some idea.

DPP

Hello : Pls. include me too. I am from Indypls.. (from Fishers)
Thanks
RPH