PDA

View Full Version : Experience-Infopass Appointment for I131 - Dallas

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Guys,

I had INFOPASS appointment today. We reached 15 minutes before scheduled time. 8101 N Stemmns Fwy - Building does not have visible number "8101" but large "Department of Homeland Security" board is easily visible. At the entrance we showed our infopass appointment letter and Guard told us to stand in a queue behind racks. I saw 2 different queues nearer to Window so curiously I asked the fellow who was right ahead of me and he told me that the queue where we stand is meant for people who have not taken appointment and other queue right across the window is meant for people who have taken an appointment. There are no sign boards for these 2 different queues. Guard misguided us so all in all we wasted 5 to 7 minutes I came out from that queue and stand in the right queue again. At the window I was asked for Driving license and purpose of the appointment. I showed driving license and told we filed AP in July, 1* but have not received it. He demanded I-131 receipts and I represented them. Then he gave us tag numbers for all family members including myself. Then we moved towards the main entrance of the bulding. Guard instructed us to remove wallet,pen, anything we had in our pockets, purse,belt etc (Cell phones are not allowed inside the building) and put in one bucket which was scanned through the machine like available on airports. We had to walk through metal detector and then took possesion of our belongings and then waited in the waiting room for approximately 15 minutes. As our tag number appears on the electronic board with assigned counter number, we went to the counter. Lady officer greeted us and asked the purpose of the appointment and again I represented infopass appointment letter and I-131 receipts and told her that I have not received our advanced parole yet although we filed on July 1*. She dived into her computer and said your all Advanced parole are already approved on 10/1*/07 (Which was the date of first (And only one) LUD on our APs) and already mailed to you so she can not issue either "Original" or "duplicate" Advanced parole. According to her I should be receiving them any day now. She herself wanted me to give me the info about EAD status without myself asking so I told her that we already received our EADs and then she asked me, do I have any question for her and I said yes, what would be our name check status and she again digged into computer.According to her my Name check is still pending and I should inquire again after 4 months by taking another infopass appointment. Upon my further digging she told me that if everything is "generally clean" then 4 months is a standard period to get name check clear so she suggested me "inquire after 4 months". According to her my family has already cleared name check.

Thanks.

snhn
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks bro for great information.

however, I have some questions. You say that the officer told you that your AP was approved on Oct 1, 2007. Did you see a LUD change that day in your status. If you did, what did it say. I ask because I got a LUD change on our AP on Nov 2 but the message is still the same as it was when i got the receipt notice. No mention of AP approved.

My recetip date is August 14, and NOtice date is Oct 2, 2007. SO the TExas website states 3 months. Is it 3 months after notice date or receipt date.

I have heard people getting their AP without their online status being changed. Is this true. Anyhows, I have yet to go and do my finger prints. It is scheduled for Nov 21. Maybe they need to wait for finger print to before the AP is approved. or is this not the case.

Anyhows, comments are appreciated.

Thanks

uslegals
11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks bharatpremi - thats a pretty comprehensive scenario.! Very helpful indeed.!
My Infopass appt. is next week in baltimore. My EAD & AP are still pending for both me and my wife. 90 days was y'day.! USCIS recd. our EAD & AP applications on 8/7.

I have scheduled my appt. for tuesday morning. I could provide only my info (A# and receipt #) online - can i take my wife along too although she hasn't officially scheduled a appt for tuesday with me.? Do you know if they may object when we have filled ii only 1 person online but 2 show up for the appt.?
Thanks.!

siravi
11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
for sharing your experience. I have an infopass appointment in NY later this week, will post information.

logiclife
11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Guys,

I had INFOPASS appointment today. We reached 15 minutes before scheduled time. 8101 N Stemmns Fwy - Building does not have visible number "8101" but large "Department of Homeland Security" board is easily visible. At the entrance we showed our infopass appointment letter and Guard told us to stand in a queue behind racks. I saw 2 different queues nearer to Window so curiously I asked the fellow who was right ahead of me and he told me that the queue where we stand is meant for people who have not taken appointment and other queue right across the window is meant for people who have taken an appointment. There are no sign boards for these 2 different queues. Guard misguided us so all in all we wasted 5 to 7 minutes I came out from that queue and stand in the right queue again. At the window I was asked for Driving license and purpose of the appointment. I showed driving license and told we filed AP in July, 1* but have not received it. He demanded I-131 receipts and I represented them. Then he gave us tag numbers for all family members including myself. Then we moved towards the main entrance of the bulding. Guard instructed us to remove wallet,pen, anything we had in our pockets, purse,belt etc (Cell phones are not allowed inside the building) and put in one bucket which was scanned through the machine like available on airports. We had to walk through metal detector and then took possesion of our belongings and then waited in the waiting room for approximately 15 minutes. As our tag number appears on the electronic board with assigned counter number, we went to the counter. Lady officer greeted us and asked the purpose of the appointment and again I represented infopass appointment letter and I-131 receipts and told her that I have not received our advanced parole yet although we filed on July 1*. She dived into her computer and said your all Advanced parole are already approved on 10/1*/07 (Which was the date of first (And only one) LUD on our APs) and already mailed to you so she can not issue either "Original" or "duplicate" Advanced parole. According to her I should be receiving them any day now. She herself wanted me to give me the info about EAD status without myself asking so I told her that we already received our EADs and then she asked me, do I have any question for her and I said yes, what would be our name check status and she again digged into computer.According to her my Name check is still pending and I should inquire again after 4 months by taking another infopass appointment. Upon my further digging she told me that if everything is "generally clean" then 4 months is a standard period to get name check clear so she suggested me "inquire after 4 months". According to her my family has already cleared name check.

Thanks.

Arent you concerned that if its approved on Oct 1, and you didnt get it, then where is it? Did you ask them as to why you havent gotten it in mail even though it has been approved a month ago? Also, did you check with your lawyer if he got anything?

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Thanks bro for great information.

however, I have some questions. You say that the officer told you that your AP was approved on Oct 1, 2007. Did you see a LUD change that day in your status. If you did, what did it say. I ask because I got a LUD change on our AP on Nov 2 but the message is still the same as it was when i got the receipt notice. No mention of AP approved.

Ans: Yes, I already mentioned that in my write up. First (and only)LUD change happened for me on 10/1*/2007 and that is the approval date as per lady officer in USCIS. During LUD change message content never changed for me and still it is the same which is as under. so currently I have not received physical AP papers yet and on line status still does not show our AP aaproved yet I found our APs are approved during this infopass appointment.
Receipt Number: LIN*******

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT

Current Status: Case received and pending.

September 1* we received your application .....

My recetip date is August 14, and NOtice date is Oct 2, 2007. SO the TExas website states 3 months. Is it 3 months after notice date or receipt date.

I have heard people getting their AP without their online status being changed. Is this true. Anyhows, I have yet to go and do my finger prints. It is scheduled for Nov 21. Maybe they need to wait for finger print to before the AP is approved. or is this not the case.

Anyhows, comments are appreciated.

Thanks

:)

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Arent you concerned that if its approved on Oct 1, and you didnt get it, then where is it? Did you ask them as to why you havent gotten it in mail even though it has been approved a month ago? Also, did you check with your lawyer if he got anything?

It was approved on 10/1*/2007 not exactly on 10/1/2007. I was concerned and I asked her. What she told me is that once case is approved it generally takes around one week to get that mail out from mailroom and once it is out of mail room then generally it takes 2 weeks to get the mail for you. So calculating that I thought I should get that within a day or two. ANd another thing she told me is that once mail is out from USCIS mailroom then USCIS does not have any control or tracking mechanism so I do not have any choice other than waiting for mail...And yes I have just shooted an email to my lawyer. What do you advise?

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks bharatpremi - thats a pretty comprehensive scenario.! Very helpful indeed.!
My Infopass appt. is next week in baltimore. My EAD & AP are still pending for both me and my wife. 90 days was y'day.! USCIS recd. our EAD & AP applications on 8/7.

I have scheduled my appt. for tuesday morning. I could provide only my info (A# and receipt #) online - can i take my wife along too although she hasn't officially scheduled a appt for tuesday with me.? Do you know if they may object when we have filled ii only 1 person online but 2 show up for the appt.?
Thanks.!

I think you should not face any problem. I went alongwith my wife (Although I took appintmnet for 4 but my children did not come for obvious reason - school day) and Guard, Guy at window or lady at the counter none of them asked a single question to my wife. So I believe if your wife come alongwith during an appintment, you should not face any problem. All in all for me total process was not more than 30 -40 minutes. So in case if they hesitate to let her in she can wait outside either in a car or in waiting room (Assuming Baltimore has same facility as Dallas)

map_boiler
11-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I think EADs are sent to the applicant and AP to the attorney...had the same in my case...plus seen lots of folks here say the same thing...

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 01:07 PM
I think EADs are sent to the applicant and AP to the attorney...had the same in my case...plus seen lots of folks here say the same thing...

According to the lady officer all AP approvals were mailed to my home address and she verified my home address as well to make sure whether USCIS has sent them to appropriate address or not.

ddeka
11-06-2007, 01:09 PM

EAD, AP & FP notice are sent directly to the applicant. If you see the status of AP as document mailed then you should get within 2/3 days as they send by DHL. I got mine in 2 days, my wife also got in 2 days

mn1975
11-06-2007, 01:25 PM
gives good insight about the infopass

ita
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
When you set up the infopass appntmt do select the option
'EAD Inquiry Appmt' even when you are going with AP question.

Thank you.

satdal
11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
For me, my AP was approved (along with my wife and daughter) on Oct 1st 2006. My Notice date is Sept 10th. The LUD on AP was 10/04, which said that the approval was "mailed" on 10/02. Hwoever I recd it on 10/20 and I could see that it was mailed on 10/19 from USCIS office. So, atleast for APs, even the status shows that it's been approved and mailed as well, it seems that it's not the case. It's been taking couple of weeks to get them in hand. Hopefully this info helps some people who are still waiting for APs.
I also took an Infopass appt, as we didn't recv FP notices yet. I opened a SR, but nothing so far. It looks that I may not get before I go to infopass next week.

roseball
11-06-2007, 01:47 PM
EAD, AP & FP notice are sent directly to the applicant. If you see the status of AP as document mailed then you should get within 2/3 days as they send by DHL. I got mine in 2 days, my wife also got in 2 days

If your attorney filed your case, then:

EAD is sent directly you
FP is sent to you and your attorney
AP is sent to your attorney.....

All these are sent by USCIS via regular mail.....

Your attorney might have sent the AP documents to you via DHL...

ddeka
11-06-2007, 01:56 PM
If your attorney filed your case, then:

EAD is sent directly you
FP is sent to you and your attorney
AP is sent to your attorney.....

All these are sent by USCIS via regular mail.....

Your attorney might have sent the AP documents to you via DHL...

No - It came to me directly from Texas Service Center. My Lawyer didn't even know - I informed them. All three EAD/AP/FP directly came to me except receipt notice which were sent to my Lawyer

diptam
11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
This "AP already approved" so no interimAP(even for emergency) audiotape started since Middle of OCT from NSC IO and local IO's. My AP got LUD on Oct 11th and they said that your AP approved so dont bug us for a duplicate. Wait ... Wait .. Wait ... But how long ??

What do i do now ? I cant travel without this piece of sheet ( i mean paper)

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
This "AP already approved" so no interimAP(even for emergency) audiotape started since Middle of OCT from NSC IO and local IO's. My AP got LUD on Oct 11th and they said that your AP approved so dont bug us for a duplicate. Wait ... Wait .. Wait ... But how long ??

What do i do now ? I cant travel without this piece of sheet ( i mean paper)

According to my lawyer one should contact USCIS in case of non receipt of AP (Physical Papers) within a month from first LUD. During that call one should ask USCIS whether USCIS get AP papers back or not ( For whatever reason address change and/or wrong address etc.. not delivered to you). If USCIS receive those papers back then it will resend it upon verifying correct address with you and that is without any extra cost. To make this happen certainly you will have to either make frequent calls to USCIS or take frequent infopass appointments.Down the road if USCIS does not get AP papers back and you simultaneously do not get them, meaning if paper lost during transit, then you do have 2 choice..(1) forget about receipt of AP approval papers this time (2) Refile AP with new fee as USCIS did not get mail (papers) back.

ita
11-06-2007, 03:49 PM
When you set up the infopass appntmt do you have to select the option

Thank you.

r_mistry
11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi Guys -

I filed my I485/EAD/AP at Nebraska on July 24th, 2007. Got receipts for all of them on September 19th. Done FP on October 23rd for myself and my wife and saw a LUD on I-485 a day after. EADs were approved and received on October 10th. But i have not received AP yet. Looks like my application is still with NSC. Never got a transfer notice or anything and online status also shows "Case received and pending at Nebraska".

There is only one LUD on AP and that was on September 21st. Nothing after that.

Anybody in the same boat? Do i need to make an infopass to get more information on this. I need to travel in December and want to make sure i get AP before that.

Many thanks in advance for your responses

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
When you set up the infopass appntmt do you have to select the option

Thank you.

You should do following for Advanced Parole related appointment if you are arranging the first appointment.

http://www.infopass.uscis.gov/

Select

- You need Service on a case that has already been filed

On next screen select

-Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

InTheMoment
11-06-2007, 05:22 PM
That was a good account for those who haven't been to an Infopass. The procedure is near about the same where I usually go too.

I think that the AP info that you got is good...but the serendiptious (!) info of your and your family's NameCheck status bears good info/benefit in the longer term.

As for the 4 months thing, she is right if we go by FBI stat papers and testimonies given over the past few years; but what I find most interesting is that 7 out of the 8 people who I personally know, and who filed with me in June still have their NC pending as of this week. That does not include me whose NC is pending for past 4.5 months (since my info was sent to FBI!).

So the dataset is small but challenging. I am sure there are many like me. Wonder why I find many whose NC is pending in the 4-6 month range and very few (of the 68% - per FBI) whose have got it cleared in the so called 48-72 hours (after the info is sent to FBI) ! :confused:

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys -

I filed my I485/EAD/AP at Nebraska on July 24th, 2007. Got receipts for all of them on September 19th. Done FP on October 23rd for myself and my wife and saw a LUD on I-485 a day after. EADs were approved and received on October 10th. But i have not received AP yet. Looks like my application is still with NSC. Never got a transfer notice or anything and online status also shows "Case received and pending at Nebraska".

There is only one LUD on AP and that was on September 21st. Nothing after that.

Anybody in the same boat? Do i need to make an infopass to get more information on this. I need to travel in December and want to make sure i get AP before that.

Many thanks in advance for your responses

If you got first LUD on AP within last month .. Just wait for some days to complete the month from the day of first LUD. If it is more than 1 month, I believe you should take infopass appointment.

virald
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM

This isn't neccesarily true for AP. I saw the same status, but my lawyer got AP approvals.

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 05:29 PM
That was a good account for those who haven't been to an Infopass. The procedure is near about the same where I usually go too.

I think that the AP info that you got is good...but the serendiptious (!) info of your and your family's NameCheck status bears good info/benefit in the longer term.

As for the 4 months thing, she is right if we go by FBI stat papers and testimonies given over the past few years; but what I find most interesting is that 7 out of the 8 people who I personally know, and who filed with me in June still have their NC pending as of this week. That does not include me whose NC is pending for past 4.5 months (since my info was sent to FBI!).

So the dataset is small but challenging. I am sure there are many like me. Wonder why I find many whose NC is pending in the 4-6 month range and very few (of the 68% - per FBI) whose have got it cleared in the so called 48-72 hours (after the info is sent to FBI) ! :confused:

Yes, I am not taking her words as unwritten law as we all know that NC is killing many people for years. So I would request to take that as a guide line.

Another meaning I can extract is if today you took infopass for NC and got nothing or "pending" do not bother yourself next 4 months for inquiry.

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
gives good insight about the infopass

Thanks buddy.

ita
11-06-2007, 06:37 PM
You should do following for Advanced Parole related appointment if you are arranging the first appointment.

http://www.infopass.uscis.gov/

Select

- You need Service on a case that has already been filed

On next screen select

-Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

I don't have any update on AP .
Should I still select the below mentioned option ?
'Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing' is what I should select for AP inquiry?

I have EAD approval notice but no card yet. SO I need to get another infopass for EAD eslecting'EAD inquiry Appoinmetn' option ?

Thank you.

roseball
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Yes, I am not taking her words as unwritten law as we all know that NC is killing many people for years. So I would request to take that as a guide line.

Another meaning I can extract is if today you took infopass for NC and got nothing or "pending" do not bother yourself next 4 months for inquiry.

On a side note, I was wondering what happens to derivative/secondary beneficiaries 485 applications if the primary beneficiary is stuck in name check.....If secondary beneficiaries are cleared and primary is not, then does USCIS approve GCs for secondary beneficiaries..

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 08:42 PM
On a side note, I was wondering what happens to derivative/secondary beneficiaries 485 applications if the primary beneficiary is stuck in name check.....If secondary beneficiaries are cleared and primary is not, then does USCIS approve GCs for secondary beneficiaries..

No.. They are also stuck till primary gets clear.

BharatPremi
11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't have any update on AP .
Should I still select the below mentioned option ?
'Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing' is what I should select for AP inquiry?

Ans: Did not you read my previous post?

I have EAD approval notice but no card yet. SO I need to get another infopass for EAD eslecting'EAD inquiry Appoinmetn' option ?

Ans: You can ask all questions for all stages in one session after questions related with main topic over.

Thank you.

!!

GCNaseeb
11-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Though I have signed G28, I have received both AP and EAD. Attorney did not even know that I received my AP and EAD.

BharatPremi
11-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Surprisingly today I got second LUD on AP. Content is changed as under.

Receipt Number: LIN****

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On November 7, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service

tnite
11-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Surprisingly today I got second LUD on AP. Content is changed as under.

Receipt Number: LIN****

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On November 7, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service

I received my AP on Nov 3 and looking at the AP doc it had an approval date of Oct 10 whereas I had "Document mailed to applicant" message on Oct 31.
I am not sure what happened between Oct 10 and Oct 31st.

yadav
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
For me, my AP was approved (along with my wife and daughter) on Oct 1st 2006. My Notice date is Sept 10th. The LUD on AP was 10/04, which said that the approval was "mailed" on 10/02. Hwoever I recd it on 10/20 and I could see that it was mailed on 10/19 from USCIS office. So, atleast for APs, even the status shows that it's been approved and mailed as well, it seems that it's not the case. It's been taking couple of weeks to get them in hand. Hopefully this info helps some people who are still waiting for APs.
I also took an Infopass appt, as we didn't recv FP notices yet. I opened a SR, but nothing so far. It looks that I may not get before I go to infopass next week.

Whcih center you filled your application texas or somewhere else

BharatPremi
11-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I received my AP on Nov 3 and looking at the AP doc it had an approval date of Oct 10 whereas I had "Document mailed to applicant" message on Oct 31.
I am not sure what happened between Oct 10 and Oct 31st.

I am sure nothing happened between that period to your papers except eating dust in USCIS mailroom.

trump_gc
11-07-2007, 03:50 PM
How do we know what the status of Name check is, or even if your case is submitted for NC?

siravi
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I had an infopass appointment in NY to get information on my case (specifically concerning the FP/Name check status, have received my EAD, AP). Although the officer was very courteous and seemed patient, he thought I had come there too soon for the inquiry. I got very sketchy information. He said one should wait at least 6 months after the 485 RD (mine is June 2007) before beginning inquiry (shoot me, I went a month too soon), and that it usually it takes a year (or more) after FP to get the GC, so I should not worry too much about my case for at least one more year.

He said there is nothing to worry about and that there are “many small small things” that have to be taken care of after FP and FBI name check clearance before one gets the GC. I asked him what are the other “things” that need to be taken care of following the clearance on name check, but didn’t get an answer (“just small small things” is what he said again). I had to repeat my question about the status of FBI name check on my case three times during the conversation before I got an answer which was vague anyways (nothing’s been done yet). I was hoping to get some kind of information with regards to the status in terms of the search results (no record/hit etc.) but I didn’t get any information at all, so it was a disappointing meeting for me.

Some pointers:

*Have your print out of the appointment confirmation ready before you enter the building-the security officer outside the building checks it to verify that you indeed have an appointment there.
*The queue at the entrance for security check was long, so make sure you reach there well ahead of the scheduled appointment.
*There is one more counter in the lobby (and one more queue) where you get your token number for the infopass room. They asked to see the appointment confirmation receipt here as well.
*The infopass interviews are held on the third floor. I waited for 30-35 mts. before my number was called.

P.S. Received EAD card at home address and AP documents at the law firm address.

BharatPremi
11-08-2007, 05:16 PM
I had an infopass appointment in NY to get information on my case (specifically concerning the FP/Name check status, have received my EAD, AP). Although the officer was very courteous and seemed patient, he thought I had come there too soon for the inquiry. I got very sketchy information. He said one should wait at least 6 months after the 485 RD (mine is June 2007) before beginning inquiry (shoot me, I went a month too soon), and that it usually it takes a year (or more) after FP to get the GC, so I should not worry too much about my case for at least one more year.

He said there is nothing to worry about and that there are “many small small things” that have to be taken care of after FP and FBI name check clearance before one gets the GC. I asked him what are the other “things” that need to be taken care of following the clearance on name check, but didn’t get an answer (“just small small things” is what he said again). I had to repeat my question about the status of FBI name check on my case three times during the conversation before I got an answer which was vague anyways (nothing’s been done yet). I was hoping to get some kind of information with regards to the status in terms of the search results (no record/hit etc.) but I didn’t get any information at all, so it was a disappointing meeting for me.

Some pointers:

*Have your print out of the appointment confirmation ready before you enter the building-the security officer outside the building checks it to verify that you indeed have an appointment there.
*The queue at the entrance for security check was long, so make sure you reach there well ahead of the scheduled appointment.
*There is one more counter in the lobby (and one more queue) where you get your token number for the infopass room. They asked to see the appointment confirmation receipt here as well.
*The infopass interviews are held on the third floor. I waited for 30-35 mts. before my number was called.

P.S. Received EAD card at home address and AP documents at the law firm address.

When did you get your First LUD on AP and When did you get physical AP?

eb3_nepa
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM

AP is sent to the lawyer if you filed the G328

siravi
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
When did you get your First LUD on AP and When did you get physical AP?

The first and only LUD on AP was 10/26th and was received by the law firm on 10/30th.

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Guys,

During my Infopass appointment, Lady Officer told me that your approved advanced parole is mailed to your home address and she verified my home address with me as well. Now my AP was approved on Oct 1*. I had a Infopass on 6th Nov. According to officer AP was "mailed" on the same day as "approval". That was not sufficient, so to add that, I got an email from lawyer yesterday mentioning the receipt of our all approved APs at his office.

So conclusion: Do not trust USCIS officer whatever they say during Infopass.

gc_check
11-14-2007, 11:11 AM
AP is sent to the lawyer if you filed the G328

Not always true, I've filed G-28 in my case, but received the AP at my residence address. Have friends/colleagues who had received AP at the attorney address. So it is kinda random. No logic behind this.

It is important we get the document.

BharatPremi
11-15-2007, 01:18 AM
BharatPremi,

Congrats that you got it somehow. I also took a Infopass on Nov 7th and status changed to "Doc Mailed" within 2 Hrs of Infopass Appt ( spooky :eek:)and we both discussed about meeting Senator's office if it doesn't come in 7 days.

Looks like time has come for me to meet Senator/Congressman... Today is Nov 14th and in 7 days the mailed doc didn't come. I dont have any lawyer.

Shall i go waste a day and meet Senator or wait for some more - Kind of in a dual doubt and confusion :confused:

I would wait for one more week. Since you do not have lawyer, USCIS has to send you the papers. If within one week nothing happens, Go for one more infopass.. Best Luck.

sunny1000
11-15-2007, 01:43 AM
I applied for I-140, I-485, AP and EAD on 8/15/07. I got my EAD and the case status online got updated accordingly. But, for my other three applications I get the following errors:

-----------
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* Case Status Retrieval Failed
* This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
----------------------

I got receipt notices for all 4 applications on 10/16/07 and have double-checked my receipt notices for case # for typos.

Is anybody else in the same boat?

Thanks.