PDA

View Full Version : Dec Bulletin is OUT !

FinallyCurrent
11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
All
Charge-ability
Areas
Except
Those
Listed
CHINA-
mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIP-PINES
Employ-ment
-Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C 01JAN03 01JAN02 C C
3rd 01SEP02 15OCT01 01MAY01 22APR01 01SEP02
Other
Workers 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01 01OCT01
4th C C C C C
Certain Religious Workers C C C C C
5th C C C C C
Targeted Employ-ment Areas/
Regional Centers C C C C C

I cant believe EB2 retrogressed !!!!!!!!

ImmInd
11-14-2007, 05:39 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3841.html

leo2606
11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I can't believe :mad:

webm
11-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Oh boy!!

EB2 retrogressed..
EB3 just moved 1month only...:mad:

somma
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM
EB2 very bad.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ilikekilo
11-14-2007, 05:42 PM

look under archived

mambarg
11-14-2007, 05:43 PM
What more can we say.

vdlrao
Its tooo bad! No wonder if it takes 10 years to get the GC!!! No matter whether its EB2 or EB3. FYI: after perm many have been filed in EB2 than EB3.

lkapildev
Why they have to retrogress, they can close the complete GC process. They received so many applications and overloaded with work. People will not get the papers when they needed.

Before publishing the july VB, did they do the planning?

Also Clock changes backward for babu's and we are becoming old day by day.

grupak
Ouch!

Time to work harder with the state chapters. Otherwise, we will be checking visa bulletins for a very very long time.

ilikekilo
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
holy crap.....eb2 all the way back

coolvigo
11-14-2007, 05:44 PM
I believe it.....US govt wants all legal/educated immigrants to go back to their countries.......

$$$ is depreciating anyway.....there is nothing left in US anymore....lets start thinking about going back !!!

rongha_2000
11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
This is mentioned in the VB

E. IMMIGRANT VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

The following projections are based on the demand patterns which are currently being experienced. Fluctuations in demand could alter such projections at any time. Therefore, they should only be used as a guideline of what might occur. Under no circumstances should they be used as a basis for making any formal plans prior to the announcement of the monthly cut-off dates.

Employment Preferences - Worldwide and Philippines:

First: Will remain “Current”

Second: Will remain “Current”

Third: Slow forward movement should be possible while demand patterns are established.

Third “Other Workers” (All Countries): Little if any forward movement is expected at this time. Should the current demand pattern continue, it may be necessary to retrogress the cut-off date at some point later in the fiscal year.

CHINA-mainland born and INDIA:

Employment Preferences:

First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out.

leo2606
Checkout under Section D and E, possible retrogression further for EB1 and EB2 in future, here they are not talking anything about EB3 in Section E.

D. CHINA-MAINLAND BORN AND INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATES RETROGRESS FOR DECEMBER

It has been necessary to retrogress both the China-mainland born and India Employment Second preference cut-off dates. This is a direct result of extraordinarily heavy applicant demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services offices for adjustment of status cases. Additional retrogressions cannot be ruled out during the second quarter of the fiscal year.

The following projections are based on the demand patterns which are currently being experienced. Fluctuations in demand could alter such projections at any time. Therefore, they should only be used as a guideline of what might occur. Under no circumstances should they be used as a basis for making any formal plans prior to the announcement of the monthly cut-off dates.

Family Preferences - Worldwide: Movement consistent with that of recent months can be expected for the foreseeable future.

Third: Slow forward movement should be possible while demand patterns are established.

Third “Other Workers” (All Countries): Little if any forward movement is expected at this time. Should the current demand pattern continue, it may be necessary to retrogress the cut-off date at some point later in the fiscal year.

Employment Preferences:

First: Continued heavy demand may require the establishment of a cut-off date at some point during the fiscal year.

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out

Ram_C
Holy cow, I can't believe this

arnab221
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
The more highly skilled you are , the less they need you here .

gconmymind
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Holy crap...I was expecting it to move fwd by at least a few months...I guess we have to stop looking for futher bulletins now for all of 2008 at least. Maybe dates will move forward in 2009... :(

immi_seeker
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
I cant believe there are still PDs out there with PD of EB2 2002 that is there to be approved..:confused:

sapota
11-14-2007, 05:54 PM
D. CHINA-MAINLAND BORN AND INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATES RETROGRESS FOR DECEMBER

It has been necessary to retrogress both the China-mainland born and India Employment Second preference cut-off dates. This is a direct result of extraordinarily heavy applicant demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services offices for adjustment of status cases. Additional retrogressions cannot be ruled out during the second quarter of the fiscal year.

God Bless America

sapota
11-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Its a dung hole any way you look at it.

vdlrao
11-14-2007, 05:56 PM
This is mentioned in the VB

Employment Preferences:

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out.

So is that means that EB2 category is going to be current soon!!!!! please clarify me.

johnnybhai
11-14-2007, 05:57 PM
:)

humdesi
I cant believe there are still PDs out there with PD of EB2 2002 that is there to be approved..:confused:

You've forgotten about labor substitutions, and PD conversions. This was bound to happen.

rongha_2000
It means retrogression for EB2 is likely in future..!

So is that means that EB2 category is going to be current soon!!!!! please clarify me.

vallabhu
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM
2. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

I though it was a maximum of 140,000 since last visa bulletin they have changed this to at least 140,000.

So technically they can give as many as they want to but give a minimum of 140,000.

walking_dude
11-14-2007, 06:01 PM
"Every object in a state of rest tends to remain in that state unless an external force is applied to it" - Newton's First Law of Motion

What did you guys expect?!

Visa Bulletins will continue to remain bleak and retrogressed as long as members don't work with IV to join the State chapters, meet the Lawmakers and work to fix the system.

Fight or Flight, you choice. Don't keep hanging in the middle!

natrajs
11-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Ouch!

Time to work harder with the state chapters. Otherwise, we will be checking visa bulletins for a very very long time.

Dear Friends

Be Active and get involved with your State Chapters Now

sunny1000
11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
2. Section 201 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) sets an annual minimum family-sponsored preference limit of 226,000. The worldwide level for annual employment-based preference immigrants is at least 140,000. Section 202 prescribes that the per-country limit for preference immigrants is set at 7% of the total annual family-sponsored and employment-based preference limits, i.e., 25,620. The dependent area limit is set at 2%, or 7,320.

I though it was a maximum of 140,000 since last visa bulletin they have changed this to at least 140,000.

So technically they can give as many as they want to but give a minimum of 140,000.

If that is the case, why do we need cut-off dates?

sammyb
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
USCIS is indeed doing a great job ... as someone said they should scrap the GC process altogether ... EB2 back by 2 years :eek: :eek: :eek:... what a game :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

somma
11-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Dear Friends

Be Active and get involved with your State Chapters Now

I think thats right. We need to start doing something else nothing will ever happen and no one will ever change our situation unless we help ourselves.

chakdepatte
11-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Xx

techskill
11-14-2007, 06:13 PM
I think we should have another big rally.

vallabhu
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
If that is the case, why do we need cut-off dates?

That is my question?

Ramg
11-14-2007, 06:17 PM

It's look like, New attorney general showed his power to High Skilled workers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walking_dude
11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
First let's meet the Lawmakers locally and try to make them understand our issues. Even after doing local action, if nothing happens IV may think about another rally.

Let's take the easier steps first!

venky08
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM

yes for Worldwide and Philippines not for india or china

Alien
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
"Every object in a state of rest tends to remain in that state unless an external force is applied to it" - Newton's First Law of Motion

Visa Bulletins will continue to remain bleak and retrogressed as long as members don't work with IV to join the State chapters, meet the Lawmakers and work to fix the system.

Newtonian physics is being replaced by Quantum Physics.

Quantum leap can be triggered by a lot of reasons.We just need to find a way to pop the Quantum Wave Function the way we want.

Go figure! :)

EB2_Jun03_dude
11-14-2007, 06:26 PM
I believe it.....US govt wants all legal/educated immigrants to go back to their countries.......

$$$ is depreciating anyway.....there is nothing left in US anymore....lets start thinking about going back !!!

I think we should not change our personal and career plans based on USCIS processing dates. If you are being promoted and are asked to leave US go for it. Don't base your plans on this process. Atleast I am planning that way ...

Maverick1
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
"Additional retrogressions cannot be ruled out during the second quarter of the fiscal year. " :(

Leo07
11-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Vdlrao,

I know you were in the same left-over wagon as I was in Atlanta Backlog center...and you are obviously shocked with the outcome as I'm.

How in the world did you infer that EB2 will become current?( Although I want it to be current as well )

Regards,

reachtoravi
11-14-2007, 06:30 PM
1) Hope more ppl will contribute to IV
2) And many more will act on work items ..

And ultimately we all get GC :-)

CADude
11-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Oct VB EB3 was retrogressed to 6+ years so don't be mad on EB2's 2 year. :rolleyes:

USCIS is indeed doing a great job ... as someone said they should scrap the GC process altogether ... EB2 back by 2 years :eek: :eek: :eek:... what a game :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

nfinity
11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Is this for real? 5 Year retrogression? So If I came here in 2002 and wont get my GC for another 4 years atleast. Thats 9+ Years!

sreedhar
11-14-2007, 06:33 PM

Please...Please...Please Please Stop the Useless Predictions...!!!

GotGC??
11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
It's terrible news, but here could be the silver lining - couple of years back they had thrown back EB2 and EB3 dates way back in an attempt to "sweep" the backlogs and make sure that they don't go overboard with the number usage and also make sure that everybody with very early PD is accounted for. Both EB2 and EB3 saw some progress in the following months.

I have a feeling it is the same this time. We may not see EB2 as C anytime soon, but it may jump some hoops in the months to come.

Regardless, time to fight for an increase!

Oct VB EB3 was retrogressed to 6+ years so don't be mad on EB2. :rolleyes:

Eternal_Hope
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
It looks like for Indians & Chinese, Family Based dates are now better than EB2 and EB3. This is preposterous.

needhelp!
11-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Become active and DO something about it. Join the Texas Chapter if you are from Texas:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

CADude
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
I am here with 8+ year (H1B) with EB3 PD:July 2001(Auto remand, PBEC). It will take approx 2+ years to get GC(if I am lucky and no NC stuck). So I will be in double digit. Don't kill yourself. I tried that too but didn't work out. :D:D:D:D
Some help will come for legal also in 2009 with illegal relief. :)

Is this for real? 5 Year retrogression? So If I came here in 2002 and wont get my GC for another 4 years atleast. Thats 9+ Years!

joydiptac
11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
came here in 2000.
Applied GC 2002.
Its almost 2008!!!
Extremely frustrating.
Hoping to move to Canada before Candian:USD becomes 1.5 :rolleyes:

bobzibub
11-14-2007, 06:46 PM
I was just emailing a Kiwi friend of mine now living in Canada.

As he put it: "INS or whatever is completely odd. I had great experience with Canadian Immigration - once married, soup to nuts in 90 days."

Here, it would take almost six years.

mhtanim
11-14-2007, 06:49 PM
It's a shame.

I remember someone once mentioned that according to his own calculation, he will get his green card through his newly U.S. born daughter while his employment based green card application will still be pending. I guess he was right!

neoneo
11-14-2007, 06:49 PM
It's terrible news, but here could be the silver lining - couple of years back they had thrown back EB2 and EB3 dates way back in an attempt to "sweep" the backlogs and make sure that they don't go overboard with the number usage and also make sure that everybody with very early PD is accounted for. Both EB2 and EB3 saw some progress in the following months.

I have a feeling it is the same this time. We may not see EB2 as C anytime soon, but it may jump some hoops in the months to come.

Regardless, time to fight for an increase!

Sure ! .. if it moves back to 2004 in next year thats awesome movement but useless ! we'll back to where it was last month.:eek::eek:

manderson
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I agree.

Ask not what Visa Bulletin can do for you but ask what you can do for Visa Bulletin!

Eternal_Hope
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I know this has been discussed before, but if we as a community cannot make a BIG NOISE consistenetly there will be no relief. Smaller local level efforts will, if any at all, lead to benefits only in the very distant future.

We as a community have to show signs of being agitated, for example, full page ads. in newspapers, larger lobbying, etc. Since, this requires massive funds, we should all ask ourselves whether we are ready to do this or not.

I am sure IV core has looked at these options, but it may be time to re-consider these options again. It may be worthwhile to let the IV community know the costs vs. benefits of such a strategy.

The way things are looking at the congress, it will be a miracle if anything ever passes.

satishku_2000
11-14-2007, 07:00 PM
How come EB3 mexico is more retrogressed than india?

vdlrao
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
That might be due to the H2A workers. But I am not sure.

chanduv23
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Please join your State chapters. Let us not ignore the task ahead of us. Together we have to work for our cause.

EkAurAaya
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=182908#post182908

Lot of people were optimistic and I was hoping things work out for all of us, but based on the calculations (unless its majorly flawed) it will take 4-5 years to clear EB3 India (PD less then 2003) :mad:

But you never know :D immigration is not a perfect science (neither a predictable one)

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Guys,

This pattern moving EB3-India ahead versus making EB2-India slowed down was predicted as per following link (POINT NO: 7). The intensity of slowing down EB2 is severe with comparision to what was I thinking.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=182626&postcount=68

Anyway, if at all you guys have not been serious for our grass root level efforts please please join now ... This is the ring bell just heard on "Bose Speakers" loud and clear...

Thanks.

bhatt
11-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Sure ! .. if it moves back to 2004 in next year thats awesome movement but useless ! we'll back to where it was last month.:eek::eek:

DOS and USICS want another july fiasco in 2008. Simply they want to waste the visa numbers. Thats all for this retrogression.:(

rfarkiya
11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
This is simply a crap.

I think i might get reincarnate by the time i will get green card :)

Are you kidding me, Jan 02 for EB2, this is the end of my passion for getting green card.

Frustrating as hell, that they don't care for skills immigrants are bringing and giving economy a boost.

Time to retrospect who is smarter legal or illegal once......

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 07:18 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=182908#post182908

Lot of people were optimistic and I was hoping things work out for all of us, but based on the calculations (unless its majorly flawed) it will take 4-5 years to clear EB3 India (PD less then 2003) :mad:

But you never know :D immigration is not a perfect science (neither a predictable one)

What is important is the pattern.. The thread what yoiu are refering to, in which I tried to establish and advocate the main pattern EB3-India moving forward and EB2 slowing down.That pattern is firmly established with this December bulletin. Yes, agree month to month basis what I might have predicted does not seem to be holding the water with this Dec bulletin but hey that is o.k and I already mentioned that due to lack of kwoledge of inner workings of USCIS there is always a risk of wrong prediction. But the main theme marching of EB3-India and slowing down of EB2-India is happened and will continue to happen (Point No: 7 in the link mentioned in my another post above.)

cs.0
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi friends,

Please give a suggestion, to apply for Canada immigration (PR).
Also pls emntion any good consultants are avaliable for processing the Canada Immigration. :):):):)

regards,
cs

eb3retro
11-14-2007, 07:21 PM
What is important is the pattern.. The thread what yoiu are refering to, in which I tried to establish and advocate the main pattern EB3-India moving forward and EB2 slowing down.That pattern is firmly established with this December bulletin. Yes, agree month to month basis what I might have predicted does not seem to be holding the water with this Dec bulletin but hey that is o.k and I already mentioned that due to lack of kwoledge of inner workings of USCIS there is always a risk of wrong prediction. But the main theme marching of EB3-India and slowing down of EB2-India is happened and will continue to happen (Point No: 7 in the link mentioned in my another post above.)

i kind of agree with u there, especially with more and more EB3 india either converted to EB2 or directly they applied EB2 thinking that it will be much faster.

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
i kind of agree with u there, especially with more and more EB3 india either converted to EB2 or directly they applied EB2 thinking that it will be much faster.

Yes, that was one of the fundamental factor which shows its teeth (Effect) now.

kalyan
11-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Hi Guys,

Take a proposition to the US. Since US diplomats also don't want to Work in Iraq and cost of Iraq war is becoming huge and humongous, put a proposal to this White house and its administration

Since IT is soft and soft platform, we cannot participate in Iraq as a Military.

But when time comes, They can give us Green Card, provided,

1. If we spend our quality time in Iraq educating the Iraqi's on Math, Science, Information Technology, .etc.

either by going there or through Remote Education,

2. Participate in some of the remote services to Iraqi's , Afghanis,

Then the administration can provide us a Green Card.

Other Green Card with Consulting and full time openings will be a NightMare.

I would suggest getting together is a good and writing emails is good but with aiming in the dark.

Unless we address some of the Problems of US white House and address through the community and collaborative effort,

we will be as we are .

Give it a thought guys, No offense or offending any one in this forum

iol_joh
11-14-2007, 07:28 PM
The only way out of this predicament is to lobby for removing the 7% country limit. This seems to be the path of least resistance. With elections around the corner, the only change that might have lower resisitance is not to change the annual quota of 140,000 but to remove the country limits.

sroyc
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I would rather go back to India and educate kids there.
I'm not willing to give my life for a GC.

Hi Guys,

Take a proposition to the US. Since US diplomats also don't want to Work in Iraq and cost of Iraq war is becoming huge and humongous, put a proposal to this White house and its administration

Since IT is soft and soft platform, we cannot participate in Iraq as a Military.

1. If we spend our quality time in Iraq educating the Iraqi's on Math, Science, Information Technology, .etc.

I would suggest getting together is a good and writing emails is good but with aiming in the dark.

Unless we address some of the Problems of US white House and address through the community and collaborative effort,

we will be as we are .

sreedhar
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
DOS and USICS want another july fiasco in 2008. Simply they want to waste the visa numbers. Thats all for this retrogression.:(

Any proof for this...? Please do not make flase hope.

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 07:31 PM

The truth is not all really high skilled people get filed under EB2 and nor all filed under EB3 are of low skill.. It is all paper game .:)

sreedhar
11-14-2007, 07:34 PM
The truth is not all really high skilled people get filed under EB2 and nor all filed under EB3 are of low skill.. It is all paper game .:)

Exactly....Every one know how much skilled they have....

iol_joh
11-14-2007, 07:38 PM
maybe more people sitting on the sidelines can now join IV:

The only way out of this predicament is to lobby for removing the 7% country limit. This seems to be the path of least resistance. With elections around the corner, the only change that might have lower resisitance is not to change the annual quota of 140,000 but to remove the country limits.

bhatt
11-14-2007, 07:39 PM

History is the proof!!!

sroyc
11-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I suspect that the EB2 retrogression might be to ensure the FIFO ordering. Quite a few of my colleagues are EB2 with PD's in the 2001-2002 range and managed to get out of the BEC's only last year. Moving the EB2 PD's back to 2002 and then steadily moving it forward will ensure that these applications are taken care of first. It's unreasonable to move EB2 PD to 2005 March when PDs from 2001 and 2002 haven't been approved yet.

I have a feeling that at least EB2/EB3-India will move forward by a few months at a time in the following VBs.

GC08
11-14-2007, 07:41 PM

They should remove the visa lottery first and give the numbers to employment-based applications.

gumpena
11-14-2007, 07:45 PM
What do they mean by stating that already 38% of annual limit have been used up?

somegchuh
11-14-2007, 07:46 PM
This is unf**** believable!! For those of us who have been waiting for years this is like a slap in your face. It seems like I am somehow never at the right place at the right time!
Until last month I was waiting for my 485 RD to become current. Before that could become current the PD is retrogressed. And yes, am much as some ppl think predictions are useless, I want to hear opinions from ppl as to when PD of Sep 02 might become current? Since Oct 2005 when retrogression started my PD has been swinging between current and not current.

somegchuh
11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
I can only hope that you are right and they will move the PD's a few months at a time because honestly I am getting tired of RD/PD/NC issues ....
I suspect that the EB2 retrogression might be to ensure the FIFO ordering. Quite a few of my colleagues are EB2 with PD's in the 2001-2002 range and managed to get out of the BEC's only last year. Moving the EB2 PD's back to 2002 and then steadily moving it forward will ensure that these applications are taken care of first. It's unreasonable to move EB2 PD to 2005 March when PDs from 2001 and 2002 haven't been approved yet.

I have a feeling that at least EB2/EB3-India will move forward by a few months at a time in the following VBs.

iol_joh
11-14-2007, 07:47 PM
What would anyone in the Congress lose if they vote "yes" for removing country limits? Zilch
This will ensure that India and China can catch up to other countries.

Can we push this agenda?

saibabu_d
11-14-2007, 07:51 PM
can labor substitutions cause this? Some people with later priority dates got unfair advantage with labor sub... loophole.

GC08
11-14-2007, 07:53 PM
What would anyone in the Congress lose if they vote "yes" for removing country limits? Zilch

Can we push this agenda?

Visa lottery should be eliminated too and give the visa numbers to employment based applicants.

sroyc
11-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I doubt it. Their I-140's would have to be approved for them to have older PD's.
At the current rate of I-140 approvals, I doubt that the LC sub cases filed close to July 16th have been approved.

can labor substitutions cause this? Some people with later priority dates got unfair advantage with labor sub... loophole.

mallu
11-14-2007, 07:55 PM

First got screwed by Phily BEC. Now getting the same with FBI name check.

CADude
11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I got out from PBEC in end of May 2007. Many of my freinds who filed around me (April-July 2001) and survived CA auto remand/BEC are in process of file Citizenship. I am not kidding here.

If USCIS follow FIFO then god bless them. But after waiting so long I am sinical. :D

WeShallOvercome
11-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Please don't get stressed up on this.
Even if they had moved the dates to 2007, would it have mattered to you if you've already filed your I-485?

As one of the polls showed, a huge majority of us have a PD later than 2005.
Even if they had made your date current, could you expect an approval?

My PD is Dec 2003, EB2, I'm not expecting approval in the next 1-2 years atleast even if my date is current.

They will still approve your case at their own sweet pace.

I would rather have my dates retrogressed than being current keeping myself in a 'hopeful' state for ever.

Hey, We can now get 3 year extensions on our H1s instead of 1 if the dates had been current :)

Enjoy

vdlrao
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM

This is exactly right.

WeShallOvercome
11-14-2007, 08:07 PM
I know someone who is a graduate from IIT and PGDBM from IIM, filed under EB-3 ----Company policy!

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
What do they mean by stating that already 38% of annual limit have been used up?

It means be ready for more retrogression and at least big time slow down in that category.

hazishak
11-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Then they loose the "Vibrant Immigrant Flavor"

Can we push this agenda?

vdlrao
11-14-2007, 08:13 PM

38% of the aannual limit which is 7% of the 1,40,000 visa numbers. =>

=> 38% of 9,800 visa numbers => 3,724 out of 9,800 have been used up already for this year.

If there are no ammendments to the current Employment Based system, then theres no wonder if it takes more than
10 years to get G.C . It doesnt matter whether its EB2 or EB3(I am taking about people who already have applied).
And there would be no visibility of G.C for the people who will apply in near future in EB category.

chanduv23
11-14-2007, 08:14 PM
I am sure Senthil1 will be happy about this. I am surprised he is still not here with his opinion

smartboy75
11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Trend from past

Look at the Sept 2005 to Jan 2006 visa bulletin...same thing happened with EB2..went from being C...to 99 to 2000 ..finally settled at 2001......I see something similar happening here....but the only problem in making that statement is the 38 % usage of visa numbers..if that is the case ...EB2 is going to stay there till Oct 2008 visa bulletin is out...USCIS does not have any visa numbers to allocate...

Bye Bye GC dreams...

hazishak
11-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I just posted one reply at 6:35 CST and it shows 9:05 PM. I don't get it?

meridiani.planum
11-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi Guys,

we will be as we are .

ha ha. good one. I knew it. This long wait, these dates all retrogressed to days before christ, the emotional, stressful, roller-coaster ride of visa bulletins, RFEs, will slowly take its toll on our brains. The first casualty is already here. You want to go to Iraq because US diplomats dont want to go there, and by doing that you want them to give you a GC?? Tomorrow you will say that you are ready to clean dung from stables and farms because no one else wants to do it or clean public toilets with a toothbrush if they are willing to give you a GC for that.

You are a high-skilled immigrant. Act like one. You are needed by this economy, you are needed by this country. The richest man in the world has gone to the senate of the most powerful country in the world to argue your case. Grow a spine. Get some self-confidence. Fight for what you want. Dont beg.

hazishak
11-14-2007, 08:22 PM
EU is planing for a Blue Card inspired by US's green card. The immigration will be quicker and you can choose any of the 27 countries of EU to live and work. Not to mention the Dollar VS EURO rate difference.:D

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 08:24 PM
ha ha. good one. I knew it. This long wait, these dates all retrogressed to days before christ, the emotional, stressful, roller-coaster ride of visa bulletins, RFEs, will slowly take its toll on our brains. The first casualty is already here. You want to go to Iraq because US diplomats dont want to go there, and by doing that you want them to give you a GC?? Tomorrow you will say that you are ready to clean dung from stables and farms because no one else wants to do it or clean public toilets with a toothbrush if they are willing to give you a GC for that.

You are a high-skilled immigrant. Act like one. You are needed by this economy, you are needed by this country. The richest man in the world has gone to the senate of the most powerful country in the world to argue your case. Grow a spine. Get some self-confidence. Fight for what you want. Dont beg.
Perfect reply.

sroyc
11-14-2007, 08:28 PM
well said

xela
11-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I know many of you are from India, but for the ones in the same boat as I, here is my take on this:

Last year until May 2007 we did not see any movement, it was stuck in Aug 02, in May it jumped by a year to Aug 03, and in June to 04 and in July to current.

So taking this pattern a slow forward movement is better than nothing, still I believe they will do the same thing all over again. Hopefully by June some of us got through NC and everything else, so we get the GC next year when they move the dates forward in May.

Yeah I am optimistic, but I refuse to give in to pessimism.

Good luck everyone:)

badrishdavey
11-14-2007, 08:30 PM

here is the link for DEcember 2007 VB

serg
11-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Not to mention the Dollar VS EURO rate difference.:D

... just mention gas price in UK is about $6/gallon.

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah I am optimistic, but I refuse to give in to pessimism. Good luck everyone:)

Way to go brother/sister (?) :):)

GCWhru
11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
This was posted under the title thread Quit America movement..

What you guys think about this now.. How many would change your mind and thinking about going back to India?

Posted by Gjoe:

Let us all have a rally to move back to our countries on 4July2008 to symbolically show that we want our Freedom and Independence and never return back.
If all the articles about reverse brain drain we are reading about is true they would do something to solve this GC situation. Otherwise the anti-immigrants will come to see us off while we depart this country and never to return back as H1B's trying to get GC's and live here. This will go into history, 30yrs from now and our grandchildren will read about it. And may be we will get some special pension at our home countries for returning back and helping it to do better.

hazishak
11-14-2007, 08:40 PM
6 US Dollar = 4 Euro. So whats the big deal?

... just mention gas price in UK is about $6/gallon.

xela
11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Way to go brother/sister (?) :):)

sister :D

when
11-14-2007, 08:50 PM
When:confused:

senthil1
11-14-2007, 08:52 PM
I am supporting the increase of green card with reference to H1b numbers. My main concern is abuse in H1b should be eliminated/minimised. Also H1b numbers should be based on Market(that is based on shortage in jobs) not based on the Corporations are asking My previous posts reflect that.Really there is no impact in immigration numbers when they increase green card. Anyhow when they increase or decrease gc 90% of H1b persons are going to stay here by extending indefinitely. So it is good to increase GC for pro immigrants as well as anti immigrants. So no displacement of american jobs because of GC increase. Even most anti immigrants are opposing H1b program than GC program.

I am sure Senthil1 will be happy about this. I am surprised he is still not here with his opinion

mambarg
11-14-2007, 08:54 PM
In next two weeks of Nov, INS can still request the numbers and get 485 approved. Only in Dec they cannot request visas.
I think INS has already requested visas for all the receipted guys ???????????

irock
11-14-2007, 09:02 PM
As long as USCIS consumes all 140K visas, retrogression is not bad. That ensures FIFO based on PDs rather than random GC approvals.
As long as USCIS doesn't waste yearly visas, we need to worry more about -- how we can work together to increase visas/remove country quotas rather than worry about retrogression (and hoping to get GC bypassing guys with older PDs)

btw, My PD is Aug-2004 EB2. I know I need to wait for a long time to become my PD current & get my GC.

gc_in_30_yrs
11-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I forgot who said this in IV forum in the past.

"GC is a scandal. No one gets GC"

ohhho... Wait a second, its not me who said this today or in the past. dont throw all the stones at me :) :confused:

sathishkrish
11-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Just one work word to describe this madness - F****** S***

chanduv23
11-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Join your State Chapters and start getting active. We have a big task ahead of us.

Channelize all your frustrations into positive energy by working towards IVs grassroots efforts

BharatPremi
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
As long as USCIS consumes all 140K visas, retrogression is not bad. That ensures FIFO based on PDs rather than random GC approvals.

Yes, It seems that USCIS is now ready to honour FIFO but how long it would stick to this newly choosen gun, I have doubt... I was anticipating EB2-India slowdown and little bit retrogression but USCIS kicked it to the hell so in addition to FIFO something USCIS is working on... At least, right now I can not sense it.

raymund_mdc
11-14-2007, 09:20 PM
In Your Face!!!!!!

rb_248
11-14-2007, 09:21 PM
I am fed up of this Sh#&. I am moving back to India.

immi2006
11-14-2007, 10:20 PM
I am one of those who was stuck in BEC for 5 years nearly. many many folks in my company got BEC LC from 2001/2000 been on H1 for nearly 9 years.

Was able to file 140 and 485 in July as the BEC LC from march 01, got cleared in June.
I am hoping that the old folks are not forgotten by USCIS at this time. I also hope the system will be fair in the future, since at least now USCIS knows probably how many folks are waiting for GC, since the elimiation of BEC centers with old LCs.

asdfgh
11-14-2007, 10:38 PM
that the retrogression in VB is due to USCIS ordering significant numbers for applications received during the July fiasco? The trend seems to indicate that existing petitions are being cleared and numbers being used up, based on C during the July fiasco [irrespective of PD], resulting in USCIS being unable to accept any new aplications.

They had 2 options - either to go U on EB2 & Eb3 for India and China which would have caused another uproar relating to non-usage of prior years numbers..or to go with a "soft" U, which is essentially move the date back to a period such as Jan 02 where not many people are expected to be waiting to apply. Looks like they opted for Option 2 based on the fact that 38% of numbers have already been used up for this year per VB.

If this is true, expect GC approvals for folks who got in during the July-Aug eriod in the next couple of months, irrespective of their PD.

Just a thought.

immi2006
11-14-2007, 10:40 PM
I think folks who have joined the line from BEC :-) a new line is getting formed.

that the retrogression in VB is due to USCIS ordering significant numbers for applications received during the July fiasco? The trend seems to indicate that existing petitions are being cleared and numbers being used up, based on C during the July fiasco [irrespective of PD], resulting in USCIS being unable to accept any new aplications.

They had 2 options - either to go U on EB2 & Eb3 for India and China which would have caused another uproar relating to non-usage of prior years numbers..or to go with a "soft" U, which is essentially move the date back to a period such as Jan 02 where not many people are expected to be waiting to apply. Looks like they opted for Option 2 based on the fact that 38% of numbers have already been used up for this year per VB.

If this is true, expect GC approvals for folks who got in during the July-Aug eriod in the next couple of months, irrespective of their PD.

Just a thought.

prom2
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM

And screw up ROW? I think this is a selfish answer. We should work towards a global solution that benefits everyone, not one group harming another, p.e., not including dependents into the annual quota.

Good luck

s_r_e_e
11-14-2007, 10:56 PM
EB3 moved 8 days :) from april 22 to may 1st .. what a jokers!
________
Wireless Vaporizer (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

sapota
11-14-2007, 11:02 PM
In next two weeks of Nov, INS can still request the numbers and get 485 approved. Only in Dec they cannot request visas.

So you too (like me) are one of those that dig up manure in the hopes of finding diamonds :) i.e eternal optimist.

wahwah
11-14-2007, 11:46 PM
i agree with you man...i started my gc process in october 2001 and have a pd of jan. 2003. its been a really long wait, it sometimes feels like i'll never get it.

I am one of those who was stuck in BEC for 5 years nearly. many many folks in my company got BEC LC from 2001/2000 been on H1 for nearly 9 years.

Was able to file 140 and 485 in July as the BEC LC from march 01, got cleared in June.
I am hoping that the old folks are not forgotten by USCIS at this time. I also hope the system will be fair in the future, since at least now USCIS knows probably how many folks are waiting for GC, since the elimiation of BEC centers with old LCs.

nozerd
11-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I am EB3 India PD August 2001. I will be happy with steady EB3 India progress of 1 week per month that would meen my wait would be 1 yr more. As long as the dates dont get stagnant again or move back for EB3 India I have accepted my destiny - after waiting nearly 6 plus yrs after filing for labor.

pansworld
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
With the amount of extra load that USCIS inherited I was cautiously optimistic that something good might happen.

IV is right. Without legislation this mess will get messier. We need to set our goals for the next two years and prepare an action plan for the next year. The goals I think are pretty much set but need to be enunciated again. What has been missing is an action plan (maybe it is there but I am unaware of it) that tells IV members where we are headed in the long term. We have had impromptu rallies and media communications which have short term benefits but no long term impacts.

To that end I propose that we establish the following points:
1. Our goals for the next two years. We have a lot of that in place.
2. Our action plan for the next year. The action plan should help us:
a. Establish and publish financial targets for the next year
b. Focus our energies as far as lobbying is concerned
c. Plan rallies with dates a year in advance so that committed people can arrange for finances and will give us ample time for organization and co-ordination
d. Communication plan to establish media channels and outlets for spreading our word
e. I have been a proponent of online rallies for people who cannot "afford" to make it to rallies and yes there are people like that out there.

Make a concerted effort through continuous commitment.

seahawks
11-15-2007, 12:09 AM
We need to join state chapters and get busy, bring awareness with friends, family, co workers, media, spend time talking to law makers and getting more and more people in to the fold to be active. Together we can make a difference

prioritydate
11-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

meridiani.planum
11-15-2007, 12:43 AM
I am supporting the increase of green card with reference to H1b numbers.

Thats the most idiotic thing I have read all week. First of all that sentence makes no sense: what has H1-B got to do with increase of GC? Half of all EB-improvement bills have failed because H1-B got needlessly tacked onto it., and protectionists jump onto that. Last thing we want is immigrants themselves linking the two.

So no displacement of american jobs because of GC increase. Even most anti immigrants are opposing H1b program than GC program.

The GC process by definition has documented proof (LC) that no american is being displaced.

What are you smoking man? Seems to be pretty strong stuff...

TUnlimited
11-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I DON'T GET IT!!!

Why you all crying here? It is better than U, isn't it? :D

Moreover, everyone with PD's on or before July 2007 got their benefits: AP's, EAD's. 180 days and with AC21 you are free, well, virtually. Better than nothing, though. What else do you need?

sreedhar
11-15-2007, 01:08 AM
I DON'T GET IT!!!

Why you all crying here? It is better than U, isn't it? :D

Moreover, everyone with PD's on or before July 2007 got their benefits: AP's, EAD's. 180 days and with AC21 you are free, well, virtually. Better than nothing, though. What else do you need?

GC...:)

sreedhar
11-15-2007, 01:19 AM
This was posted under the title thread Quit America movement..

What you guys think about this now.. How many would change your mind and thinking about going back to India?

Posted by Gjoe:

Let us all have a rally to move back to our countries on 4July2008 to symbolically show that we want our Freedom and Independence and never return back.
If all the articles about reverse brain drain we are reading about is true they would do something to solve this GC situation. Otherwise the anti-immigrants will come to see us off while we depart this country and never to return back as H1B's trying to get GC's and live here. This will go into history, 30yrs from now and our grandchildren will read about it. And may be we will get some special pension at our home countries for returning back and helping it to do better.

Oh S***....Why don't you go to India man...why you make other people frustrating....? We all already have frustration with DEC 2007 VB...Now you start again digging with useless topics. Please …..Stop this useless topic. If you do not want to wait until your PD is current...Then Better you go to India without any further message. Please.....!!!

gcnoteasy
11-15-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi all:
Now that December bulletin is out, it is extremely clear that without reform we will be here for next 5-8 years or so depending on your priority dates. Please join state chapters and contact lawmakers. I am meeting my Congressman today.

humdesi
11-15-2007, 01:25 AM
With all due respects to everyone who thinks it might be possible to increase the quotas, a few things need to be considered.

It's almost election year. Forget about any change till 2009. If a bill passes in 2009 it might be 2010 before we actually get to see any benefits. Most Americans are at most lukewarm to increased immigration. Some very vocal and rabid groups (like FAIR) are staunch against it. Even if the quota is increased, it won't be by a huge amount. So a very optimistic estimate is atleast 3 years before we can hope for seeing GC. A more realistic estimate is many many more years. Given this there are two things we can do.

1. Plan to go back to home country or third country, or
2. Plan to stay in this state of suspended animation for a looooong time.

Point is, I don't think it's worthwhile spending huge amount of time or money trying to persuade congress to change the laws - it won't happen.

All of above is my personal opinion - I am not asking anyone to stop suporting IV or other immigration groups, infact I have supported legal immigration reform myself, but I think it's time to step back and take a look at the bigger picture - it ain't pretty.

meridiani.planum
11-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Oh S***....Why don't you go to India man...why you make other people frustrating....? We all already have frustration with DEC 2007 VB...Now you start again digging with useless topics. Please …..Stop this useless topic. If you do not want to wait until your PD is current...Then Better you go to India without any further message. Please.....!!!

exactly my thoughts. Its like we are all on a ship, heading out to some far off land. We are running short of food, and instead of trying to find a way to fix that problem, one little whiner keeps sitting there and complaining about why we are here, things are better at home, we should be going home and all that.
Pisses everyone off, we feel like throwing the whining bugger off the ship...

bhatt
11-15-2007, 01:34 AM

Today I happend to call the usics to check the status of my FP and NC,
being told that it has been cleared. And IO told me that he think that there is no visa number available to process my case.:mad:

PBEC/ DOS/USICS Victim
PD->EB2 OCT 03
LC Approved Jan 2007
I-140 Approved Mar 2007
I-485 Receipt Date-> July 30 07
FP ->Sept 28 07

bestia
11-15-2007, 01:40 AM
Few days ago I told my friend "come on, dates will not progress, they might even retrogress" - unfortunately I didn't post it here. Here is why:

Come on, guys. Christmas is coming, government folk will be taking weekends, holidays, combined with sick days, etc. to go on vacation. There will be no much people left to process new applications. If they would progress the dates, then new folk from BEC would apply. Then they would be calling every day CIS "where is my receipt?" "where is my FP appointment?" "why no LUD?" "where is my EAD/AP?" "did I pass namecheck?", etc. etc. CIS just wanna have a vacation for December/January. You will see, guys. February dates will progress. ;)

sweet23guyin
11-15-2007, 01:44 AM
http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/entrelaw/2007/07/02/immigration-india-china-ent-law-cx_kw_0703whartonimmigration.html

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Point is, I don't think it's worthwhile spending huge amount of time or money trying to persuade congress to change the laws - it won't happen.

Point is, if you persuade one friend to support IV, and they in turn can persuade one more, and when we have all of them then we each DONT have to spend a huge amount of time or money.. WHEN WE ACT TOGETHER, WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

humdesi
11-15-2007, 01:54 AM
Few days ago I told my friend "come on, dates will not progress, they might even retrogress" - unfortunately I didn't post it here. Here is why:

Come on, guys. Christmas is coming, government folk will be taking weekends, holidays, combined with sick days, etc. to go on vacation. There will be no much people left to process new applications. If they would progress the dates, then new folk from BEC would apply. Then they would be calling every day CIS "where is my receipt?" "where is my FP appointment?" "why no LUD?" "where is my EAD/AP?" "did I pass namecheck?", etc. etc. CIS just wanna have a vacation for December/January. You will see, guys. February dates will progress. ;)

Are you suggesting dates were retrogressed because they didn't want USCIS to work during December? Visa cutoff dates is set by DoS. The processing is done by USCIS. DoS doesn't care if CIS staff is busy during holidays.

humdesi
11-15-2007, 01:57 AM
Point is, if you persuade one friend to support IV, and they in turn can persuade one more, and when we have all of them then we each DONT have to spend a huge amount of time or money.. WHEN WE ACT TOGETHER, WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Every one of my freinds is aware of IV, most probably they're all members. That's probably the situation with most of us. What WOULD make a difference is if we can persuade large number of citizens (with voting power) to support us. I don't know how to do that.

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 02:00 AM
I hope your friends fall into the following definition:
MEMBER = Contributing time and money and willing to ACT on an ACTION ITEM.

Every one of my freinds is aware of IV, most probably they're all members. That's probably the situation with most of us. What WOULD make a difference is if we can persuade large number of citizens (with voting power) to support us. I don't know how to do that.

matreen
11-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Team

I am loosing hopes on GC, we are screwed up, honestly the efforts what we are putting here in past years if we would have done it for our home coutry; at least that woule have given you a self satisfaction.

Now this is the time forget about GC progress, be a king as long as you want to be in this country "you got your EAD" find good jobs on contract Or full time make money, make yourself stable and get the hell out of here.......

my 2 cents advise......that is what I am thinking to do.....

Note: I have my Canadian immigration and got my PR card and medical and everything but it's hard to leave their. Company's don't give you a job if you do not have local experiece and other hassels....overall I am not 100% satisfied.

M

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 02:36 AM
Our efforts are not in vain. There is self-satisfaction when we work the best we can in the place we are put in. We can DO IT even though this is not our comfort zone, not our country of origin. For us it is here, and NOW. Its not an easy battle, but hope is not lost.

I urge all bystanders, onlookers, fencesitters, critics.. join your state chapters.

Team

I am loosing hopes on GC, we are screwed up, honestly the efforts what we are putting here in past years if we would have done it for our home coutry; at least that woule have given you a self satisfaction.

M

bestia
11-15-2007, 02:42 AM
Are you suggesting dates were retrogressed because they didn't want USCIS to work during December? Visa cutoff dates is set by DoS. The processing is done by USCIS. DoS doesn't care if CIS staff is busy during holidays.

Ow, yeah. I think after July scandal, they came into agreement not make such headache for each other and not to cause various investigations, rallies, etc. etc. It could be just a favor DOS doing for CIS - giving them quiet vacation after summer headache.

matreen
11-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Our efforts are not in vain. There is self-satisfaction when we work the best we can in the place we are put in. We can DO IT even though this is not our comfort zone, not our country of origin. For us it is here, and NOW. Its not an easy battle, but hope is not lost.

I urge all bystanders, onlookers, fencesitters, critics.. join your state chapters.

I understand what you say but CIS getting wrost and wrost everyday they do not bother about skilled labor here...indirectly they are saying leave this country.

I agree with you we have to fight even though this not our confort zone but really it is frustrating by seeing no results....people are waiting in Q past 8-10 years for GC and there is nothing CIS doing about it. What all I mean to say GC is not only our destiny and at the same time one should think about the future.

Even if you struggel and wait for couple years and got your GC that's good if they denied your GC the hopes you kept so many years will be gone into dust bin.....I am not saying leave this country but be happy keep hopes as long as you're here and fight hard; make yourself financially sound to face any result out of GC end point.

M :)

bsbawa10
11-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Most st*d, most i*t, most inefficient, most unpredictable , most inresponsive, most insensitive organization that I have seen so far. Guess what ? it is USCIS

sroyc
11-15-2007, 04:33 AM
It's possible. If someone's PD is current he/she will continue to call USCIS, take InfoPass appointments, etc. This way they are discouraging too many inquiries.

Ow, yeah. I think after July scandal, they came into agreement not make such headache for each other and not to cause various investigations, rallies, etc. etc. It could be just a favor DOS doing for CIS - giving them quiet vacation after summer headache.

meridiani.planum
11-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Most st*d, most i*t, most inefficient, most unpredictable , most inresponsive, most insensitive organization that I have seen so far. Guess what ? it is USCIS

* visa bulletins are published by DOS, not USCIS.

* root cause of our problems is the very low 140K limit and the 7% country-cap on top of that. Congress is responsible for fixing that, not USCIS. Its not USCIS/DOS's fault that there are 40K Indian applicants per year when the country limit (including dependents) is 9k.

bsbawa10
11-15-2007, 06:10 AM
WHY not blame USCIS ? They are the ones which jump the dates. The dates are so unpredictable that only "God" can tell what the future is. They can become current any time , they can retrogress for years any time without any logic. They may move one year in 1 day and they may not move 1 day for years. Is there any logic to that ? I think they are random acts being done by USCIS/DOS on the pretext of the quotas. Really speaking there is no logic at all. I think rather than sending flowers or doing rallies in Washington DC, the demonstrations should be in front of USCIS or DOS office.

There is no transparency in their actions at all.

tb2904
11-15-2007, 06:28 AM
My calculation -

Total Employment based visa: 140K
Country Limit: 9800 (7% of 140K)
EB2: 28.8% of total; for India it would be 2822 (28.8% of 9800)
Quarterly quota for India: 706 (assuming they distribute visas equally to all four quarters

USCIS have already used 38% of the visa for India and China i.e., 1072. It means that they have used the full quota for first quarter and about half quota for second quarter.

According to USCIS "It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out. "

It means that there are still some pre-Jan 2002 cases that have not been assigned visa number. It doesn't look too good for second and third quarter either -- I think our hope is again the last quarter where they may distribute the unused visas to the oversubscribed countries.

mariner5555
11-15-2007, 06:54 AM
there was/is a way. say there are half million immigrants with high paying jobs and if we were all united then we could have made a difference. for eg - talk to builders / car dealers and say - if we had green cards then we would have purchased this and that. the simple fact is money talks in usa

EB2_Jun03_dude
11-15-2007, 07:43 AM
According to this survey article most of the US engineers do not want foreign engineering students to stay here for a long time :(

http://www.techcareers.com/articles/i/ad3509/blogs/information-technology/state-of-the-engineer-immigrationthe-reactionary-side-of-engineering.htm

badrishdavey
11-15-2007, 10:46 AM
exactly my thoughts. Its like we are all on a ship, heading out to some far off land. We are running short of food, and instead of trying to find a way to fix that problem, one little whiner keeps sitting there and complaining about why we are here, things are better at home, we should be going home and all that.
Pisses everyone off, we feel like throwing the whining bugger off the ship...

Well said ...I will say it again..Just do your duty ..fate is not in our hands.. If the dharma is on our side..we would definetly get victory some how...thats what krishna said in mahabharat...and trust me guys ..positive attitude will definetly get us better results for us....

vjkypally
11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
For last few years there are thousands of Indians in US going back to India. Why don't we all find out atleast a few and ask them to talk to media and say it is due to December bulletin and the hopeless situation of GC process.I am fed up of this Sh#&. I am moving back to India.

humdesi
11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
What happened was a "October bulletin fiasco". They had the EB-2 dates way up in 2004. So hundreds of people with PD in 2003 and 2004 took away visa numbers. Add to that labor substitution and PD conversion cases. This retrogression was bound to happen.

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Visa bulletin is DEAD [for all practical purposes]. Long Live IV.

Don't fret over what can't be changed (Dec VB), work for better results by contributing to IV, joining your State Chapters, meeting the Lawmakers.

Don't waste more space over a dead cow, start working for a better tommorrow - a bulletin with all 'C's.

vjkypally
11-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Friends,

How about fasting on thanksgiving day? The day Americans feast. Another Gandhian way of protest!!!We could all get together across different cities across the country and fast. I hope media will be around though on Thanksgiving.

neoklaus
11-15-2007, 11:31 AM
They should remove the visa lottery first and give the numbers to employment-based applications.

Exactly!

eeezzz
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I guess USCIS has found out that is pretty common for China/India borned H-1 holders have either Master degree or 5+ yrs working experiences with BS degree. And they may also found that many EB-3 cases have filed EB-2 again. So that is not too surprised for EB-2 to cut back. It might become the trend that EB-2 cut off date will be close to EB-3 date for China/india borned in the future.

"Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out."

From this explaination, I think USCIS focus on fair quota to every country than specific countries, instead of always wait until AC21 kicks in. So it is possible/going to be ROW EB-3 be current faster than EB-2 for China/India in the future.

BharatPremi
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Friends,

How about fasting on thanksgiving day? The day Americans feast. Another Gandhian way of protest!!!We could all get together across different cities across the country and fast. I hope media will be around though on Thanksgiving.

:):):):):) I am for it.

anilsal
11-15-2007, 11:36 AM
people started filing in EB2. When EB2 slowed down, they started filing in EB1. Now EB1 is challenged. DOS says that there may be cut off dates for EB1 soon. I am wondering where this will all end. :(

The answer seems to be in increasing the visa numbers, visa recapture and eradicate retrogression.

Take a look at this thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15436

nomorelogins
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Since this quarter ends in Dec, is is that bad? Wont new numbers be available in Jan?
Of course all those numbers may get used up in Jan itself.
Movement in dates, however i guess will continue to be slow...

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I have a EB1 person who wants to join MI chapter - anticipating Retrogression.

God Save America

people started filing in EB2. When EB2 slowed down, they started filing in EB1. Now EB1 is challenged. DOS says that there may be cut off dates for EB1 soon. I am wondering where this will all end. :(

The answer seems to be in increasing the visa numbers, visa recapture and eradicate retrogression.

eeezzz
11-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Since this quarter ends in Dec, is is that bad? Wont new numbers be available in Jan?

huh? What new number available in Jan. ?

If applicatants from two countries on EB-2 already used up 38% of quota, that is over the 7% country limit.

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes I am in for it too!
:):):):):) I am for it.

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 12:00 PM
Please update your signature if you have joined your state chapter.

BharatPremi
11-15-2007, 12:05 PM

Yes that oppertunistic and escapism based attitude has added a lot in the already worsened misery and not to forget labor substitution based black market...Fence hoppers never realized that USCIS has made such a system that no matter where you go, you will have to end up spending 6 to 7 years.
And still people just want to vomit frustration but not realizing the dire need of real action against this suffering. I hope people understand the need of bringing this into streets to get the solution otherwise this circle of misery wil go on and on and on.

Now, in coming future months people will see EB3-India moving fast and you will see lot of new filings under EB3.... It is like stock market..

Life2Live
11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
How about fasting and protest in front of Governor office based in their state on Thanksgiving day?

ita
11-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Checkout under Section D and E, possible retrogression further for EB1 and EB2 in future, here they are not talking anything about EB3 in Section E.

Family Preferences - Worldwide: Movement consistent with that of recent months can be expected for the foreseeable future.

Employment Preferences:

Second: Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit. It is hoped that the December retrogressions will return monthly number use within the target range. If not, further retrogressions cannot be ruled out

what does this mean for EB3?

BharatPremi
11-15-2007, 12:18 PM
How about fasting and protest in front of Governor office based in their state on Thanksgiving day?

Very Good Idea.. Add to that I may suggest to keep fasting going on for at least 7 days in all states at Governor's office/USCIS's office/Local courts etc.. Everyday particular member group go on fasting. For example on Monday Group1 at Texas and Group A in New York and Group 'Ka' in California. Tuesday at same places different groups. Though we may need to take care of keeping Medical facility etc in case somebody may have problem. More suggestions are welcome.

sreedhar
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Team

Now this is the time forget about GC progress, be a king as long as you want to be in this country "you got your EAD" find good jobs on contract Or full time make money, make yourself stable and get the hell out of here.......

my 2 cents advise......that is what I am thinking to do.....

Note: I have my Canadian immigration and got my PR card and medical and everything but it's hard to leave their. Company's don't give you a job if you do not have local experiece and other hassels....overall I am not 100% satisfied.

M

Please do not hate America just because of Delay with your GC. Tell me sir what efforts we are putting for this country....Nothing...We are all (Excuse me....Most of us) We just came here for $$$$$...Not for serve this country...Expect GC Delay what else we get pain with this country...? GUYS DO'T THINK TOO MUCH...ANSER IS NOTHING. Please remember one thing...GC Delay because of PEOPLE LIKE US. Every one wants be here for earn big money... Not for serve the country.

You said you have Canada Immigration...Then why you are not going to Canada...? Life style, Freedom and Money almost equal there too...But you said you will not...That’s the Power of USA. That’s the reason we all here. So in frustration we can say lot more things...But no use Sir...Be patience there is one day for us to get our GC.

btumati
11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
tb2904,

There is a big chance that EB2 (Per Country) can get unused EB1 (Per Country) at the end of the 2008 fiscal year (because all EB1s are current now). That means EB2 (Per Country) will get 2822 + some/most of 2822 from EB1 (Per Country).

I have an impression that no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined. If that hypothesis is wrong, then all 2004 PD EB2 applicants for that country should wait until 2009 fiscal year quota opens in October, 2008.

HereIComeGC
11-15-2007, 04:07 PM
tb2904,

There is a big chance that EB2 (Per Country) can get unused EB1 (Per Country) at the end of the 1008 fiscal year (because all EB1s are current now). That means EB2 (Per Country) will get 2822 + some/most of 2822 from EB1 (Per Country).

I have an impression that no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined. If that hypothesis is wrong, then all 2004 PD EB2 applicants for that country should wait until 2009 fiscal year quota opens.

Just asking not challenging....

Where do you get that information "no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined"?

rakesh_one
11-15-2007, 04:58 PM
There is a big chance that EB2 (Per Country) can get unused EB1 (Per Country) at the end of the 1008 fiscal year (because all EB1s are current now). That means EB2 (Per Country) will get 2822 + some/most of 2822 from EB1 (Per Country).

I have an impression that no one country has more than 5000 EB2 cases in 485 stage with priority dates in 2002 and 2003 combined. If that hypothesis is wrong, then all 2004 PD EB2 applicants for that country should wait until 2009 fiscal year quota opens.

EB1 is fully utilized for India. It is current because EB4 and EB5 are not using their visa numbers. So, dont have any hopes of EB1 numbers flowing down to EB2.

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Good idea, except Governors office will be closed on Thanksgiving Day!

Now that the idea of Fasting is catching up fast, how about donating the money saved on food to IV funds? :)

It will be win-win. IV gets funds for lobbying. Our fasting will provide publicity.

freakin_gc
11-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Yeah I agree with you sreedhar....

Please do not hate America just because of Delay with your GC. Tell me sir what efforts we are putting for this country....Nothing...We are all (Excuse me....Most of us) We just came here for $$$$$...Not for serve this country...Expect GC Delay what else we get pain with this country...? GUYS DO'T THINK TOO MUCH...ANSER IS NOTHING. Please remember one thing...GC Delay because of PEOPLE LIKE US. Every one wants be here for earn big money... Not for serve the country.

You said you have Canada Immigration...Then why you are not going to Canada...? Life style, Freedom and Money almost equal there too...But you said you will not...That’s the Power of USA. That’s the reason we all here. So in frustration we can say lot more things...But no use Sir...Be patience there is one day for us to get our GC.

iol_joh
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Ok. Visa bulletin for December gets published. We are all shocked or surprised by the cut off dates. So, we decide to bash USCIS, run all possible permutations on visa numbers (how many different ways are we going to continue analyzing 140,000 visas), some have even proposed fasting and there are some who are threatening to move to Canada or India (I am not sure who is stopping them).

Let us analyze all the proposed solutions and see if they will really get us anywhere:

1. Bash USCIS: I am not sure if anyone at USCIS or the administration would care. You can stand at the top of Washington Monument and scream and not a single soul will care.
2. Analysis/Paralysis of available visa numbers and the possible movements: USCIS, the department that has access to all the required data is struggling to forecast visa availability, but, I see my friends here with very limited access to data trying to forecast Visa movement. I can bet, even with all the smart PHD’s here that we will not be able to forecast visa availability even, if we built the most complex model and continue to have limited access to data. So, this is just an exercise in futility.
3. Fasting in front of Governor’s office: Great idea! We can work off all the excess weight that we may have put on that we have gained due to over eating (one of the symptoms of stress or depression). I think we are choosing the wrong time of the year to do this. It is cold outside and I am not sure if anyone would even stop by the poor souls to pour us a hot cup of coffee. However, we may gain some publicity. Better than idea 1 and 2.
4. Moving to Canada or India: Please do and USCIS will be glad that they have one less case file to deal with and Numbers USA or Lou Dobbs will pay for the ticket.

Unless we stop these frivolous discussions over pathetic suggestions to fix the problem we will continue ignoring real solutions.

We need to think and execute with a sound long term strategy (12-18 months). Let us not try to eat the elephant in one bite. Let us fix this problem with small, manageable and doable steps.

I hope I do not offend anyone. I think it is time to be serious about the road we take from here.

maristella61
11-15-2007, 06:13 PM
:( a very sad moment.

lkapildev
11-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I heard USCIS officers are bulling people on FBI name check. They are doing it to make sure people they donot call again and again.

You can only get the truth when you talk to an officer on your local USCIS center. Do an eye contact and ask them.

meridiani.planum
11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
people started filing in EB2. When EB2 slowed down, they started filing in EB1. Now EB1 is challenged. DOS says that there may be cut off dates for EB1 soon.

EB0 :cool:
once that also gets retrogressed then -1, -2 and so on. the possibilities are infinite :)

meridiani.planum
11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
huh? What new number available in Jan. ?

If applicatants from two countries on EB-2 already used up 38% of quota, that is over the 7% country limit.

read the text in the VB again, they have used up 38% of their 7% limit. So ROW should atleast move, until the last quarter they are not going to eat into the numbers from ROW.

meridiani.planum
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Very Good Idea.. Add to that I may suggest to keep fasting going on for at least 7 days in all states at Governor's office/USCIS's office/Local courts etc..

:eek: no food for 7 days???? egads...

Everyday particular member group go on fasting. For example on Monday Group1 at Texas and Group A in New York and Group 'Ka' in California. Tuesday at same places different groups.

:rolleyes: whew. ok, thats what you meant...

humdesi
11-15-2007, 09:14 PM
2) Because majority of 2002, 2003 PD BEC labors were approved in 2006 and gotten their I-140 approvals in no time using premium processing, they would have filed their I-485s from October, 2006 through June, 2007 and gotten their I-485 approvals in 2007 fiscal year quota.

You wish. Most of them are stuck in namecheck or some USCIS shelf. I485 approvals don't come that easy.

americandesi
11-15-2007, 09:43 PM

humdesi
11-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Please refrain from making racist comments on this forum.

americandesi
11-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Please refrain from making racist comments on this forum.

Take it light bud. That was meant for fun. Let's not loose our sense of humor at this moment of doom :)

anilsal
11-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Take it light bud. That was meant for fun. Let's not loose our sense of humor at this moment of doom :)

Honestly, there are people from various governmental agencies, lawmakers' offices and media browsing our forums because IV is a premier grass roots organization working for Skilled Legal Immigration. They come here for the latest information.

Our sense of humor may not play very well with our visitors. :)

Almond
11-15-2007, 10:44 PM
janilsal-saw your messge, deleted my post. Sorry, thanks:)

Aah_GC
11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Guys, Let's make this an issue, as it one hell of a big one.. Let's plan a rally and let lawmakers and congress know about this sh**. Please let's do something.. its time to act.

pnjbindia
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Guys,
CAN someone please tell me what will happen to EB3 ROW? Is that going to move in the next 3-4 months....? What do you think the EB3 ROW PD will be in April 2008?

gc_chahiye
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Tell me sir what efforts we are putting for this country....Nothing...

Speak for yourself. I have been contributing in many ways:

- paying into social security and medicare so that Americans have something for their retirement (unless I can live here for 10 years I am not going to see any of the social security money). This is tens of thousands of dollars.

- filing patents that become the property of my US employer. they can potentially go after companies in India because of that patents.

- paying rent, hiring a housekeeper, travelling around, shopping. Returning part of my salary to the US, creating more jobs here.

& so on...

lacrossegc
11-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Hey Seinfield fan

EB3 ROW is going to totally depend on the soup nazi.
If you stand in line and ask no questions, you are going to get the soup, else .... dare you to guess what will happen ...

Fu##$K the VB bulletin and take things into your own "hands" ;)

Seriously ... in the next 3-4 months do you really think that you will have your 140 adjudicated, name check cleared and 485 ready to assign a visa number? if yes .... i dare say that all EBs are a real real optimistic S$Bs ..

I "dare" a lot ... Im in Tancredo's camp ... build a berlin wall (only for mexico .... easiest to get H2B labor) and pretend we are the greatest around although we are deep in debt and cant even count it (fortunely we lack math skills hence the unfortunate need for highly skilled immigrants...which we really dont need ...... but we do)

I have a lot more to "dare" about .... so take (c)"dare" and please dont take this post seriously ...... unless you want to ....

Vote for Seinfield as ex-president and I endorse this message

Guys,
CAN someone please tell me what will happen to EB3 ROW? Is that going to move in the next 3-4 months....? What do you think the EB3 ROW PD will be in April 2008?

claudia255
11-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Guys,

The December bulletin further proved that visas bulletins are as unpredictable as a win at the lottery. Do not try to predict when you will receive your green cards based on those bulletins; and no one can predict if and when there will be any movement.

If you want any change to happen, please talk to your state chapter leader on how you can help IV to help you.

lacrossegc
11-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Are you telling me that you are doing this all of your own accord ????
Wow ... get real ...
until we get representation... I cant truly believe that anyone will shell out a penny unless they have to ....
We do that only out of necessity and our own aim to get a foot down and get a right to build our future in this great country.

- paying into social security and medicare so that Americans have something for their retirement (unless I can live here for 10 years I am not going to see any of the social security money). This is tens of thousands of dollars.

- filing patents that become the property of my US employer. they can potentially go after companies in India because of that patents.

- paying rent, hiring a housekeeper, travelling around, shopping. Returning part of my salary to the US, creating more jobs here.

& so on...

mallu
11-16-2007, 12:30 AM
You wish. Most of them are stuck in namecheck or some USCIS shelf. I485 approvals don't come that easy.
That is true.

iptel
11-16-2007, 12:37 AM
December VB is nothing less than disappointment but is it worth beating ourselves up with frustraion, outrage. We will get GC in 2, 5 may be even15 years but will never get back moments of our life we are loosing by beating ourselves up. So take deep breath, relax and shed all worries. Enjoy time with your family for remaing of the days of 2007 and dont even think of I140/485, EAD.

With turn of 2008 lets make a plan to rendezvous some where in the middle of country lets say in Texas may be Nebraska :D so it is easy for members from either coast and else where to be the part of rendezvous. Lets do brain storming and come up with strategy how we want to move forward in handling the "heart burn" and what kind of resource we need. It will be an opportuity to network among the members.

This is just a suggestion from myside of course core member and other members has to agree.

sreedhar
11-16-2007, 12:42 AM

& so on...

paying into social security and medicare so that Americans have something for their retirement (unless I can live here for 10 years I am not going to see any of the social security money). This is tens of thousands of dollars.

You are earning…That’s why you paid SSN. They are not taking from your Pocket or from your Property back home in your Country. People who turns to 80's they are still working and paying SSN to US GOVT. They are real Heros. If you are feel this is ridicules…Who is going to ask you stay here…You are free Bird man….You do not need GC to Go back to your home country.

You get paid for that…Do not forget that. If you are not…. someone else can do the same what you have done.

Paying Rent…God...You have to…or else are you going to be on platforms….?
Hiring a housekeeper…We are lazy to do our works…That’s why.
Travelling around: For ours and our family enjoyment, Vacations and see the beauty if USA.
Shopping…They are not ask you shop. We need some stuff for our life. That’s why we do shopping.

sreedhar
11-16-2007, 12:46 AM
Are you telling me that you are doing this all of your own accord ????
Wow ... get real ...
until we get representation... I cant truly believe that anyone will shell out a penny unless they have to ....
We do that only out of necessity and our own aim to get a foot down and get a right to build our future in this great country.

Hello Boss...Hats off...!!!

Kumbakonam
11-16-2007, 12:54 AM
paying into social security and medicare so that Americans have something for their retirement (unless I can live here for 10 years I am not going to see any of the social security money). This is tens of thousands of dollars.

You are earning…That’s why you paid SSN. They are not taking from your Pocket or from your Property back home in your Country. If you are feel this is ridicules…Who is going to ask you stay here…You are free Bird man….You do not need GC to Go back to your home country.
[/COLOR]

I am afraid you are missing the core point here, Sreedhar. If a H1B holder doesn't work for 10 continuous years in USA and leaves the country forever before 10 years, all his/her Socity Security funds are taken away by US government. Especially, this rule doesn't apply to all countries, but to few countries, including India and China. The employees must be given back their Social Security benefits, no matter how many years they work in USA. Have you heard of PF in India?

gc_chahiye
11-16-2007, 01:01 AM
You are earning…That’s why you paid SSN. They are not taking from your Pocket or from your Property back home in your Country.

What? I am earning, so I pay an income tax. Income Tax != Social Security. Read up a bit on what social security is, before you equate it to taxes and assume that just because you get a salary it is ok to pay social security. Social Security is essentially a federal old-age insurance program. There is a reason that some countries have managed to get totalization agreements with the US for social security contributions that their citizens make. india unfortunately is not one of them. So yes, all my social security deduction are essentially "help" from my side to future American generations. I get nothing out of them.
It is taken from my pocket and I am not getting anything in return. For my taxes I get roads, libraries, bridges etc.

If you are feel this is ridicules…Who is going to ask you stay here…You are free Bird man….You do not need GC to Go back to your home country.

cant have a proper discussion can you? Have to always bring up "if you dont like the way things are, go home". "Dont criticize anything, because if you dont like it, go home" "dont say anything against US policies because if you dont like them, go home". No Sir, if I dont like something I work for finding ways to either change them, or learn to live with them. I dont run from problems. Please dont demean yourself by suggesting that running away from a problem is an acceptable solution to it.

You get paid for that…Do not forget that. If you are not…. someone else can do the same what you have done.

Irrelevant that I get paid for filing a patent. the point is that if I had done this for my employer in India, US companies would have had to pay royalties (or more realistically companies in India could get access to lots of licenses from companies here, on the cheap, as cross-licensing agreements). I

Paying Rent…God...You have to…or else you are going to be on platforms….?
Hiring a housekeeper…We are lazy to do our works…That’s why.
Travelling around: For ours and our family enjoyment, Vacations and see the beauty if USA.
Shopping…They are not ask you shop. We need some stuff for our life. That’s why we do shopping.

I think you have completely missed the point of discussion here. Its not whether we get compensated for what we do, or whether what we do here helps us. Its whether the US gains from us. Go read your original comment. Especially the part I quoted in my first response. You feel you have contributed nothing to the US, I beg to differ and point out that atleast I have contributed in many ways to this country.

sreedhar
11-16-2007, 01:03 AM
I am afraid you are missing the core point here, Sreedhar. If a H1B holder doesn't work for 10 continuous years in USA and leaves the country forever before 10 years, all his/her Socity Security funds are taken away by US government. Especially, this rule doesn't apply to all countries, but to few countries, including India and China. The employees must be given back their Social Security benefits, no matter how many years they work in USA.

I know this point sir….But some of our friends are feeling like we are paying SSN just like that. They not remembering how much money sit in their Bank A/c and Back Home in their countries.

* Here all my Point is Just simple...Because of small issue...we should not abuse this Great Country. Most of all of us getting good life after step down here. Will you agree...?

gc_chahiye
11-16-2007, 01:07 AM
I know this point sir….But some of our friends are feeling like we are paying SSN just like that. They not remembering how much money sit in their Bank A/c and Back Home in their countries.

what has how much money in my back account in my home country got to do with teh fact that I am forced to pay social security here which I will not see anything of in return?
Just because you have a million dollars in your bank account do you let someone take 100K and throw it away?

* Here all my Point is Just simple...Because of small issue...we should not abuse this Great Country. Most of all of us getting good life after step down here. Will you agree...?

OMG. Who "abused" the US? Grow up man. Pointing out whats wrong with something is not "abusing" it.

sreedhar
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
What? I am earning, so I pay an income tax. Income Tax != Social Security. Read up a bit on what social security is, before you equate it to taxes and assume that just because you get a salary it is ok to pay social security. Social Security is essentially a federal old-age insurance program. There is a reason that some countries have managed to get totalization agreements with the US for social security contributions that their citizens make. india unfortunately is not one of them. So yes, all my social security deduction are essentially "help" from my side to future American generations. I get nothing out of them.
It is taken from my pocket and I am not getting anything in return. For my taxes I get roads, libraries, bridges etc.

cant have a proper discussion can you? Have to always bring up "if you dont like the way things are, go home". "Dont criticize anything, because if you dont like it, go home" "dont say anything against US policies because if you dont like them, go home". No Sir, if I dont like something I work for finding ways to either change them, or learn to live with them. I dont run from problems. Please dont demean yourself by suggesting that running away from a problem is an acceptable solution to it.

Irrelevant that I get paid for filing a patent. the point is that if I had done this for my employer in India, US companies would have had to pay royalties (or more realistically companies in India could get access to lots of licenses from companies here, on the cheap, as cross-licensing agreements). I

I think you have completely missed the point of discussion here. Its not whether we get compensated for what we do, or whether what we do here helps us. Its whether the US gains from us. Go read your original comment. Especially the part I quoted in my first response. You feel you have contributed nothing to the US, I beg to differ and point out that atleast I have contributed in many ways to this country.

INDIA Really Need kind of people like you sir....Because you have to change Indian Politics...I can't say more than This...I agree sir..You will fight for the problems. But there is No problem with them...Our population is increasing Day By Day...How can they distribute Just Like that....?

lacrossegc
11-16-2007, 01:12 AM
"There is a reason that some countries have managed to get totalization agreements with the US for social security contributions that their citizens make. india unfortunately is not one of them."

Exactly .... now lets turn the tables .... you think that if you had contributed the same in india to the govt you would would have got something in return .... dream on ....
atleast here you have a "chance" albeit a minor with a little bit of risk factors like staying for 10 yrs with the same occupation.... God bless politicians in the "home" country ... they would have "c(h)ast(e)"ised the hell out out of it

Kumbakonam
11-16-2007, 01:21 AM

Again, Sreedhar, I am reluctant to accept your school of thoughts. How did you conclude we are ABUSING this country? There is a huge difference between blaming a country and abusing a country:-)

Regards,
Kum

lacrossegc
11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
"Irrelevant that I get paid for filing a patent. the point is that if I had done this for my employer in India, US companies would have had to pay royalties (or more realistically companies in India could get access to lots of licenses from companies here, on the cheap, as cross-licensing agreements)."

So where do your loyalties lie? If you are so committed to settling in US ... you better be prepared for some trade off ( dont tell me you shouldnt have to).... or hold back on promotions (based on your patent filings) till you can open your own company and file patents for yourself ...(much better option you know ... who knows... you can be the next Larry Page and I'll be rooting for you)
your choice .... democracy you know ....

lacrossegc
11-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Amazing discussion ....

But I think things are way out of hand right now ....and off track...
ALL said and done .. we are guests ... it is a privilege to be in US.... a privilege to have the right even with the tag as a visitor to voice our pain .... Thats ALL we should do and hope that common sense prevails .... (let me finish ....) so that it is a win-win for both. NO demands .... WE can only appeal to the human side of our hosts

So tone down the rhetoric and be grateful for where you are, who you are.

sayantan76
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
"There is a reason that some countries have managed to get totalization agreements with the US for social security contributions that their citizens make. india unfortunately is not one of them."

Exactly .... now lets turn the tables .... you think that if you had contributed the same in india to the govt you would would have got something in return .... dream on ....
atleast here you have a "chance" albeit a minor with a little bit of risk factors like staying for 10 yrs with the same occupation.... God bless politicians in the "home" country ... they would have "c(h)ast(e)"ised the hell out out of it
Pl pardon me - i digress from the main topic of this thread.......

i dont know why people get a great sense of pride in defaming India......even unjustifiably....

social security and medicare does work in india...

1. have you heard of provident fund, old age pensions etc??????have you ever heard that the govt takes away what you contribute into provident fund?........exactly like SS tax here - its is a pre-tax contribution, earns interest and you can withdraw from it after a certain no of years....unlike SS - its not in the risk of being bankrupt. PF is not comparable to 401k or IRA because the individual does not decide on investments - every penny goes into a general bucket like SS and its managed centrally.......all residents can take advantage of it.....besides the federal and state govts which are big employers - have generous pension benefits and so do most large corporates.....

2. Medicare:.......Govt hospitals in india may be dirty, there may be long queues - but when a patient walks in ......the hospital does not ask one for insurance or money?? one may question the quality - but then a country of 1.1 billion does have its constraints...

3. "c(h)ast(e)"ised = affirmative action.......every country has it in some form or other...so why blame "home country"????btw, if you are refering to India......what is worse - reserving some jobs for socially and economically weaker sections or lead a country into a unpopular, unjustified war against public opinion and costing trillions of dollars? at least in India - democracy works.....majority of population wants reservations - hence politicians fight for reservations.......here majority does not want war - govt does not listen.........

4. If anything - the so called "broken down" system in India has produced hundreds of thousands of capable people who are competing in a global market for labor and if you look at it from a different angle......it is the quality and quantity of well qualified people that India has to offer that is the causing the people from that country to suffer the maximum delays in the US immigration queue........

5. There is no special privilege in being here lacrossegc....US wants the countries around the world to open their markets for US companies........US better reciprocate by opening up its labor market......all said and done - US is a perfect free market economy where everything is decided by market forces........so if immigrant labor is here - they are here because the market forces want them and not because of a privilege being extended to them............

the point is - pl dont try to glorify US at the cost of making other countries look bad needlessly....

willwin
11-16-2007, 09:52 AM
the point is - pl dont try to glorify US at the cost of making other countries look bad needlessly....

Well Said!

Immigration is not for people who cannot accept globalisation. We are not at the mercy of the US nor the US at the mercy of us. This is if you are viewing everything as a trade. US need our skills and we need their $. PERIOD. And, in any trade, bottomline is ethics/fairness.

The voice from thousands of people in this forum is about this 'fairness'. We can argue in length on this.

But, if you (Sridhar) are not viewing this as a trade and seeing that US is favoring us, I would like to strongly differ on that.

US is as much dependent on other countries as other countires are relying upon the US. This country is not only land of immigrants but also land of imports. Go to any shop; grocery, dress, entertainment, health, automobile. Its flooded with products from other countries. And you call that as favor the US is doing to those countries??? It's trade. PERIOD. Will China continue to export goods if their import-export policies were humiliated?

India is exporting skills. That's our trade. We have not sneaked through the borders but legally hailed by officers at POE.

Sridhar, I have no problems if we love the US so much. That happens in a trade. But, in the process let us not loose our self respect.

GCcomesoon
11-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi

I see that we are discussing the SSN money we contribute to every year. As per my knowledge , its either 40 points or you have to work for 10 years to get to the point where you can claim SSN benefits after certain age

My question is what if some one leaves the country after working for 10 year or accumulating those 40 points ? Can he after xx no of years claim SSN benefits from US gov from his/her home country ?

Honest replies please

Thanks
GCcomesoon

needhelp!
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Your suggestion is good. I assume you are a member of a state chapter. Please update your signature with a link to your state chapter so that others can see and join.

December VB is nothing less than disappointment but is it worth beating ourselves up with frustraion, outrage. We will get GC in 2, 5 may be even15 years but will never get back moments of our life we are loosing by beating ourselves up. So take deep breath, relax and shed all worries. Enjoy time with your family for remaing of the days of 2007 and dont even think of I140/485, EAD.

With turn of 2008 lets make a plan to rendezvous some where in the middle of country lets say in Texas may be Nebraska :D so it is easy for members from either coast and else where to be the part of rendezvous. Lets do brain storming and come up with strategy how we want to move forward in handling the "heart burn" and what kind of resource we need. It will be an opportuity to network among the members.

This is just a suggestion from myside of course core member and other members has to agree.

lkapildev
11-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Guys Cooldown.. I'm one of the sufferer like you.

England has banned Indian's to apply GC, US is aleast processing our papers. They are atleast taking our calls.

We have done sequence of protests.. Whats the outcome..

Did any one fired USCIS Director? No
Did any one sued Dubb? No
Did USCIS accepted the I-485 application? Yes, because of lawsuite threat and some protest also changed their mind.
Did USCIS processed your papers quickly? No.. Many people are still waiting for Receipt#, FP Notice.

What would be the agenda of futher protest. They have clearly told that the Visa's would not be available for MANY MANY Years.

Now your call: Take or Leave.

It's is a new defination maslow hiearchy of needs. The new law should be Accept our I-485 --> Give EAD --> Need AP --> Give GC --> Give CZ.. Then

Further protest would kill everyones dream. Who know USCIS may reject all applications like UK did to Indian's. GC is a privilage not a demand.

About paying tax. This country was always did well before Indian's, Jew's and chinese arrived. We only helped to take away MANY jobs from here. Mfg jobs are eaten away by chinese and HiTech jobs are grabbed by Indians.

Where American's will go. Remember American's have a bigger heart than any other country.

You will get GC and CZ, if some of our desi brothers takes away your job @ 18$ per hour.. How will you feel.

grupak
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Contributions of immigrants is well documented. Look up how Chinese workers helped build the railways in this country. I am not stealing anybodies job. My employers hired me because I was the best qualified candidate. They pay me the same they would have paid a US citizen.

USCIS is guided by the law. They can't just get pissed at everyone because we want things to improve. We are trying to change thing for the better by the tools that the democracy in this great country offers.

If we can't stand up and fight for ourselves than we don't deserve a chance at better life.

England has banned Indian's to apply GC, US is aleast processing our papers. They are atleast taking our calls.

Did USCIS accepted the I-485 application? Yes, because of lawsuite threat and some protest also changed their mind.
Did USCIS processed your papers quickly? No.. Many people are still waiting for Receipt#, FP Notice.

What would be the agenda of futher protest. They have clearly told that the Visa's would not be available for MANY MANY Years.

It's is a new defination maslow hiearchy of needs. The new law should be Accept our I-485 --> Give EAD --> Need AP --> Give GC --> Give CZ.. Then

Further protest would kill everyones dream. Who know USCIS may reject all applications like UK did to Indian's. GC is a privilage not a demand.

About paying tax. This country was always did well before Indian's, Jew's and chinese arrived. We only helped to take away MANY jobs from here. Mfg jobs are eaten away by chinese and HiTech jobs are grabbed by Indians.

Where American's will go. Remember American's have a bigger heart than any other country.

You will get GC and CZ, if some of our desi brothers takes away your job @ 18$ per hour.. How will you feel.

sayantan76
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM

Yes - that was because the Irish, Italians, Dutch and other communities preceded the ones mentioned by you.....do you know New York was known as New Amsterdam at one point in time? No one grabs jobs from anyone - its a question of right skill at right price

Where American's will go.
Core US population does not have enough population growth rate to sustain the country in terms of tax base, welfare funding and other expenses like unwanted wars - so they need new productive people for whom the country did not have to invest 20 years of gestation costs (education etc) - its the best of all worlds for US - "all taxation no representation"

Remember American's have a bigger heart than any other country.

What about Jordan and other Iraq neighbors which are harboring millions of refugees in far smaller countries? Incidentally - those iraqis are displaced in the first place because of policies of the country which has the biggest heart. What about India which assimilates hundreds of thousands of immigrants from neighbousing countries

It is driven by market forces - if you continue to work in a space and in a position where the only advantage you have is labor cost arbitrage - then you deserve to become unemployed when someone new comes along with a cheaper way of doing that job - nothing wrong in it

humdesi
11-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi

I see that we are discussing the SSN money we contribute to every year. As per my knowledge , its either 40 points or you have to work for 10 years to get to the point where you can claim SSN benefits after certain age

My question is what if some one leaves the country after working for 10 year or accumulating those 40 points ? Can he after xx no of years claim SSN benefits from US gov from his/her home country ?

Honest replies please

Thanks
GCcomesoon

I think it's 40 points AND 10 years employment. Not sure whether benefits are availabale if you return to India even if you have accumulated 40 points + 10 years.

indyanguy
11-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I think it's 40 points AND 10 years employment. Not sure whether benefits are availabale if you return to India even if you have accumulated 40 points + 10 years.

Does part time work while studying in the univ count as well?

GCcomesoon
11-16-2007, 11:51 AM

I believe part time work is also counted , if you are getting regular pay checks.
Does any one in the forum have idea about this question ? Gurus please share if you guys know anything about the SSN benefits claim from home country

Thanks
GCcomesoon

gc_chahiye
11-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi

Honest replies please

Thanks
GCcomesoon

from what I know, as things stand today you will become eligible for them even if you return. You basically need 40 points and the simplest way to earn them is to for for 40 quarters (10 years).

The problem is that with the social security system possibly heading for bankruptcy there have been talks of making people ineligible for them so that the others cna still get something. The ones they pick on for ineligibility are:
- ones who are no longer in the US.
- ones who are in the US but not citizens.
So there is also a good chance that by the time most of us retire either social security is bankrupt, or unless we are citizens of US by then, they might make us ineligible for the benefits.

meridiani.planum
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
INDIA Really Need kind of people like you sir....Because you have to change Indian Politics...I can't say more than This...I agree sir..You will fight for the problems. But there is No problem with them...Our population is increasing Day By Day...How can they distribute Just Like that....?

the latter half of your posting makes no sense. What are "they" "distributing" "just like that"?

People like you are the second biggest cause of problems in India:
- first set is the ones who cause all the trouble (corruption, discrimination)
- second set is the ones who either tolerate it, or actively encourage it.

meridiani.planum
11-16-2007, 12:08 PM

I know you. I really do. You are the kind that:

- puts on an accent after being in the US for one week. "EEENDEEYA!! YEEEAAHH I HEARD OF THAT COUNTRY! ITS IN ASIA SOMEWHERE RIGHT?"

- pour scorn on your own country just because some other country accepted you as temporary guest workers: I can almost hear you say "INDIANS HAVE NO SENSE I TELL YOU! THE COUNTRY IS A DISASTER! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE". Whenever you see anything nice in the US "SEE, SEE CANT SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT BACK IN INDIA, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN YAAR, THE COUNTRY ITSELF IS SCREWED UP"

- when someone posts on a Forum that the third most powerful supercomputer in the world was built in India, you will say one of:
a. they might have copied the US, India is not capable of this
b. why are they building supercomputers when there is so much poverty there, Indians should try to feed their hungry first
c. the top two are still American computers. America rules.

- wish to God your skin was white. Its the one thing you still hate India(?) for, irrespective of however long you live in the US.

I have seen a lot of folks like you, and you guys make me sick.

with a little bit of risk factors like staying for 10 yrs with the same occupation

no self-respect right? You will do anything to stay in this country. When staying in same job for 10 years, is "little bit of risk factor" I think you are in dire need of some introspection. In about 8 years you'll be back on these forums bitter that this country has destroyed your youth by keeping you in the same job for 10 years. At that point it will be too late.

YOU DONT NEED TO DEMEAN INDIA TO SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE US.
THE TWO DONT HAVE TO GO HAND-IN-HAND. YOU LIKE IT HERE, STAY AND ENJOY; DONT TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR HOME COUNTRY

StuckInTheMuck
11-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Ain't we sliding off the rail here? I thought the agenda for this thread is GC implications based on Dec VB.

meridiani.planum
11-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Does part time work while studying in the univ count as well?

not sure, but dont you get an annual letter from SSA telling you how many points you have accumulated so far, and what benefits you'll get if youw ere to retire right now?

lacrossegc
11-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Whatever dude ... Im just glad that I pissed you off :)

I know you. I really do. You are the kind that:

- puts on an accent after being in the US for one week. "EEENDEEYA!! YEEEAAHH I HEARD OF THAT COUNTRY! ITS IN ASIA SOMEWHERE RIGHT?"

- pour scorn on your own country just because some other country accepted you as temporary guest workers: I can almost hear you say "INDIANS HAVE NO SENSE I TELL YOU! THE COUNTRY IS A DISASTER! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE". Whenever you see anything nice in the US "SEE, SEE CANT SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT BACK IN INDIA, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN YAAR, THE COUNTRY ITSELF IS SCREWED UP"

- when someone posts on a Forum that the third most powerful supercomputer in the world was built in India, you will say one of:
a. they might have copied the US, India is not capable of this
b. why are they building supercomputers when there is so much poverty there, Indians should try to feed their hungry first
c. the top two are still American computers. America rules.

- wish to God your skin was white. Its the one thing you still hate India(?) for, irrespective of however long you live in the US.

I have seen a lot of folks like you, and you guys make me sick.

no self-respect right? You will do anything to stay in this country. When staying in same job for 10 years, is "little bit of risk factor" I think you are in dire need of some introspection. In about 8 years you'll be back on these forums bitter that this country has destroyed your youth by keeping you in the same job for 10 years. At that point it will be too late.

YOU DONT NEED TO DEMEAN INDIA TO SAY SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE US.
THE TWO DONT HAVE TO GO HAND-IN-HAND. YOU LIKE IT HERE, STAY AND ENJOY; DONT TAKE A DUMP ON YOUR HOME COUNTRY

bhatt
11-16-2007, 12:53 PM

There is good book to read in these time
"Practicing the Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

:cool:Only the present moment exists.
:cool:Accept the present moment.

meridiani.planum
11-16-2007, 04:02 PM

sadism:
gratification gained through causing pain or degradation to others.
(http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sadistic)

raj3078
11-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Not a good thing man....We are not here to piss people off but to work towards common goal....If you get satisfaction by pissing people off then this might not be place for you

GCwaitforever
11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Very sorry to see the dates retrogress. Let us focus on life instead of the endless wait for GC.

Some of these personal fights are useless. For the sake of others, please fight through PMs if you are itched to do it.

needhelp!
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
If you are still going to be here for the following year, then please join your state chapters! Lets work to make things better.