PDA

View Full Version : recurring contributions

sweet_jungle
11-15-2007, 02:30 PM
After yesterday's VB, I am all fired up and ready to contribute.
However, 50 dollar reucrring contribution is a bit too high. Can IV decrease the minimum recurring contribution to 20 dollars? I think we will attract way more people.

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
You can make a $100 one-time contribution every 4 months. Where there is a will there is a way.

texanmom
11-15-2007, 03:55 PM
If you want to do smaller/ larger amounts, you can also set it up on paypal....

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
For a time, I thought the same way like you. Then I realized thats the difference between 20 and 50, a mere 30 dollars. I'm sure we spend more than that over a dinner at a restaurant.

I've started skipping an outside dinner and the junk food. It's helping our cause and good for my health too :)

After yesterday's VB, I am all fired up and ready to contribute.
However, 50 dollar reucrring contribution is a bit too high. Can IV decrease the minimum recurring contribution to 20 dollars? I think we will attract way more people.

walking_dude
11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Everyone planning on fasting on Thanksgiving day, please donate the money saved to IV funds.

It's a win-win. It may give us publicity. Good for our health. Gives IV funds for lobbying

sweet_jungle
11-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Ok, I went ahead and made an one time contribution of 100 dollars.

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
thank you sweet_jungle.

See this thread for why they don't have lower denominations (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10633&highlight=Aman)

abhijitp
11-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Except for those still living in denial, we know that if anyone actually "DID" anything to cause the reversal of July VB... it was Hon. Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren, Ms Gabriela Ptasinska who filed a lawsuit from Chicago, and Immigration Voice!

Now, simply calculate the amount of money YOU saved by not having to re-apply for your I-485 under the new fee structure (and who knows after how many years into future?). Look at the amount of money your spouse can now bring home as he/she is eligible to work with the EAD benefit.

And this is just the money we are talking about, hope folks have not forgetten about the long queues outside doctors' offices, and just the peace of mind people suddenly found as they came closer to the much coveted AC21.

Uh-oh... that means you also got closer to getting a better salary with your newly acquired "almost free" status! So in fact the number of ways in which you earned or saved money is just countless, and it's largely due to the efforts of Immigration Voice!

And even after saving so many $$, people think $50 a month is too much to ask for?? And that too, when this is going to bring you even closer to the one document that you think about everyday?

That sounds like "penny wise pound foolish"!

It's not too late, please sign up for monthly contributions and get active... and help IV to help you see your Green Card sooner than later.
Thanks!

needhelp!
11-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Make your July savings grow. Invest in your future. Invest in IV!