PDA

View Full Version : Processing times are not posted yet

sreenivas11
11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Nov' 07 Processing times are not posted yet

wandmaker
11-16-2007, 12:38 PM
FYI - While I was talking to CSR regarding my AP. There was discussion about processing times, she told me that the new processing times will be posted this Friday.

Pawankalyan
11-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Don't worry about processing dates..

In a brief all centers will move 1 month forward and NSB with move 15 day forward....

The good thing regarding the processing date is we don't have retrogation..

vnsriv
11-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Nov' 07 Processing times are not posted yet

USCIS is always slow

Munna Bhai
11-16-2007, 03:02 PM
what is the difference between visa bulletin and processing dates, how they are related.

Thanks,

Appu
11-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Don't worry about processing dates..

In a brief all centers will move 1 month forward and NSB with move 15 day forward....

The good thing regarding the processing date is we don't have retrogation..

Some tables (e.g., Nebraska, I-140 NIW) show retrogression of processing times. from 6 months to 15 months.

mbartosik
11-16-2007, 05:13 PM
To answer Munna Bhai's question:

Visa bulletin:
This determines which priority dates USCIS may accept applications for (I485). It is also used to determine which applications by priority date USCIS may issue GC for.

Processing times:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
Shows when you can expect that USCIS gets round to processing an application once they have received it. This is meant to be based on receipt date for that application. They may randomly process it sooner. They many complete processing later if there is a problem. Most applications with receipt dates stated in the processing times page should have completed most processing.

To get GC, visa bulletin date must be current, AND USCIS must have processed paperwork, AND there be no problems or outstanding RFE.

Oh, I nearly forgot, AND pigs must fly!

sammyb
11-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh, I nearly forgot, AND pigs must fly!

yes thats true .... but I guess only pig is not enough ... we need the whole animal kingdon fly before ....:D

lonedesi
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I sent in my I-140,I-485,EAD & AP applications to Nebraska Service Center which was the nodal agency to receive all I-140 applications during July -August 2007. They then would transfer some of the cases to TSC for processing. Due the visa bulletin fiasco, my applications were transferred to VSC for data entry and all my receipts have an EAC number. I received my EAD & AP and also a transfer notice informing that my I-485 was transferred to TSC as my job is in a state that comes under TSC's jurisdiction. But I did not hear anything about my I-140 being transferred to TSC. So we called up USCIS to check on it. We were informed that VSC would process my I-140 application and it was not necessary for it to be transferred to TSC unlike I-485.
My concern is VSC is taking for ever to process I-140's and currently are processing Apr 06 applications. I believe the dates have remained like that for a while now. Atleast TSC says clearly that they will process I-140 in 6 months, but VSC has no such processing times mentioned. Due to no fault of mine, my application ended up in VSC and is stuck there until some kind folks pick them for reviewing..which may take more than a year going by the current processing times. Is there anything I could do to have it transferred to TSC? Are there other members in the same situation? There is no likelihood of PPS starting anytime soon....what are my options to fix this problem? I thought under the new bi-specialization procedures only NSC & TSC processed I-140 applications...

abhijitp
11-16-2007, 07:44 PM
I sent in my I-140,I-485,EAD & AP applications to Nebraska Service Center which was the nodal agency to receive all I-140 applications during July -August 2007. They then would transfer some of the cases to TSC for processing. Due the visa bulletin fiasco, my applications were transferred to VSC for data entry and all my receipts have an EAC number. I received my EAD & AP and also a transfer notice informing that my I-485 was transferred to TSC as my job is in a state that comes under TSC's jurisdiction. But I did not hear anything about my I-140 being transferred to TSC. So we called up USCIS to check on it. We were informed that VSC would process my I-140 application and it was not necessary for it to be transferred to TSC unlike I-485.
My concern is VSC is taking for ever to process I-140's and currently are processing Apr 06 applications. I believe the dates have remained like that for a while now. Atleast TSC says clearly that they will process I-140 in 6 months, but VSC has no such processing times mentioned. Due to no fault of mine, my application ended up in VSC and is stuck there until some kind folks pick them for reviewing..which may take more than a year going by the current processing times. Is there anything I could do to have it transferred to TSC? Are there other members in the same situation? There is no likelihood of PPS starting anytime soon....what are my options to fix this problem? I thought under the new bi-specialization procedures only NSC & TSC processed I-140 applications...

How did you know your I-140 went to VSC?
I am curious because a lot of I-140's from my office (all filed in March 2007) are still pending approval with TSC. When we called USCIS for the status they asked us to call back after a couple of weeks (they need 30 days past the 6 months processing timeline). I am curious if these apps in fact got re-routed to some other service center. I hope they would send out a notification if they decided to do that!

BTW, to answer your question, I think there is no way out, except to wait for VSC processing timelines to show up! (I assume you are saying they are not showing a processing timeline for I-140's at VSC.)

drirshad
11-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Guys whoever planning to use EAD going forward get ready for $700- per head out of pocket every year. That is the cost of renewal for EAD & AP without attorney involvement. Add additional family members and you can understand why was July bulletin made current.

Lots of revenue at our expense .......

karl65
11-17-2007, 01:37 AM
yes thats true .... but I guess only pig is not enough ... we need the whole animal kingdon fly before ....:D

Well...at least most of the Animal kingdom can fly.....the problem is if USCIS knows it!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

sammyb
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
did the whole NSC USCIS team when for TG turkey hunt :D... no update till now .. any info from anyone here...

pappu
11-19-2007, 12:11 PM
They posted it sometime back: But this does not talk about applications like II40 that were filed last year and still pending for some people in NSC. I140 for EB2 NIW is as late as August 01, 2006.
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=67257de128ce5110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D

Advisory on Processing Times

In the past few months, USCIS has received a significant increase in the number of applications filed. As a result, processing times will likely become longer for applications filed after June 1, 2007.

USCIS is working hard to address the increased volume and will continue to provide additional information on application processing times as it becomes available. For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions on receipt delays.

Gravitation
11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

mbartosik
11-19-2007, 01:14 PM
For Nebraska:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC

For Texas:

Summary for I485:
Nebraska has processed most applications that it has had for 7 months (filed on or before April 14 2007).
Texas has processed most applications that it has had for 6 months.

Since 6 months is the target, Texas can be considered to be caught up, and Nebraska will likely have caught up next month.

For I485 that makes the visa bulletin the main issue.

xmmx10
11-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Damn...I saw it was Apr 2007 for NSC and when I rechecked its back to Oct bulletin. What the hey...

For Nebraska:
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC

For Texas:

Summary for I485:
Nebraska has processed most applications that it has had for 7 months (filed on or before April 14 2007).
Texas has processed most applications that it has had for 6 months.

Since 6 months is the target, Texas can be considered to be caught up, and Nebraska will likely have caught up next month.

For I485 that makes the visa bulletin the main issue.

sammyb
11-19-2007, 01:21 PM

because of page cache or they posted it today ... just wondering ... anyway thanks for the info ...

eb3_2004
11-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Check now...It is updated