PDA

View Full Version : Creative members for Movie/Documentary

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Dear IV Members,

First of all, this is not an official request from IV Core team.

Any one interested in participating in making Movie/Documentary please let me know.

I would like to gather a group of individuals who are local to Bayarea and are creative in writing, acting etc.

Even you are non local if you want to join with us you are most welcome.
PM me for more details.

We need more characters and also members for pre-production & post-production work.

Any creative ones with musical skills are highly required.

Thanks

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 05:05 PM
bump

GoGreen
11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Dear IV Members,

First of all, this is not an official request from IV Core team.

Any one interested in participating in making Movie/Documentary please let me know.

I would like to gather a group of individuals who are local to Bayarea and are creative in writing, acting etc.

Even you are non local if you want to join with us you are most welcome.
PM me for more details.

We need more characters and also members for pre-production & post-production work.

Any creative ones with musical skills are highly required.

Thanks

you may want to get in touch with IV Core, I am sure they will like your idea and direct you in the right path.

abhijitp
11-20-2007, 05:33 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=194660#post194660

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Well I was in touch with Pratik. They have same plans and I am working with them. We will be discussing about this sometime in next week.

Meanwhile this post is just to gather the creative minds together before making any plans.

siravi
11-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Dear IV Members,

..... movie/documentary on what/subject?

siravi
11-20-2007, 05:42 PM
got it--just followed abhijitp's thread. Thanks.

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 05:48 PM
My plan is making the following

Movie - A full length feature with characters that represent our life (includes H1 to GC process) in US with humor

Documentary - A professional documentary on our issues like H1 problems, GC backlog processing etc.

Any other thoughts from your side would help.

I am an ex NYFA student in digital film making. I would like to make the above two things by end of this year. Any of you are interested can participate. Again I don't need any money contributions. Just need your participation as actors, script writers and as other team members.

nihar
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi All ,

Im trying frantically to post this as a new thread but in vain . I would be ogliged if any1 of u can guide me through the process . Also not wasting further time i would like some info which is purely based on my discretion , but suggestion is well appreciated from u end .I would like to know wat r the things to be followed in h1 . Currently im facing issue with my h1 ie , my h1 was approved from this year lottery and it had a query which i have sent a letter to ins through my consultant , in aug but i have not recd any update so far . Im all confused as to what is my status coz at time im told that im on student visa and at time on h1 . Also if i find a job i will be paid only wen its valid . currently i stand on a crossroad of confusion , agony , pain and frustation . pls some 1 guide me thrgh this and if reqd i would apprecciate if u can also mail me . Trust me this info will be only confidential . i have loads of queries and from the time ie if my so called h1 is approved then i have still not got a job and my employer is done nothing much to market it . wat time frame do i require to be on job . pleaseeeeeeeeee help .email me at niharika.das13@gmail.com

thanks a zillion for ur patience

siravi
11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=194660#post194660

Kindly answer question posted--does IV endorse this??

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 05:56 PM
No. It is not from IV Core again. Once Core team makes their decision on this they will post it separately.

nihar
11-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi All ,

Im trying frantically to post this as a new thread but in vain . I would be ogliged if any1 of u can guide me through the process . Also not wasting further time i would like some info which is purely based on my discretion , but suggestion is well appreciated from u end .I would like to know wat r the things to be followed in h1 . Currently im facing issue with my h1 ie , my h1 was approved from this year lottery and it had a query which i have sent a letter to ins through my consultant , in aug but i have not recd any update so far . Im all confused as to what is my status coz at time im told that im on student visa and at time on h1 . Also if i find a job i will be paid only wen its valid . currently i stand on a crossroad of confusion , agony , pain and frustation . pls some 1 guide me thrgh this and if reqd i would apprecciate if u can also mail me . Trust me this info will be only confidential . i have loads of queries and from the time ie if my so called h1 is approved then i have still not got a job and my employer is done nothing much to market it . wat time frame do i require to be on job . pleaseeeeeeeeee help .email me at niharika.das13@gmail.com

:mad:

abhijitp
11-20-2007, 06:06 PM
:mad:

You may use the new thread button here:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

siravi
11-20-2007, 06:06 PM
nihar, is this "consultant" your attorney? You should contact an immigration attorney with your concerns; not familiar at all with "lottery" H1B, so have no information.
Good luck.

abhijitp
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
No. It is not from IV Core again. Once Core team makes their decision on this they will post it separately.

This is confusing.

In the meantime, IVMovies, please update your IV profile as Pappu requested in that thread.

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I have updated my details and also I have discussed with Pratik who is a core member. I have given all my concerns to Pratik. If you are a core member and would like to know more of my details please contact Pratik Dakwala.

jthomas
11-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't know how to start a new thread

send your comments on

http://power.elecdesign.com/Articles/index.cfm?articleid=17564&StyleName=maroon

IEEE Agrees with SIA on H-1B Visas for Foreign Engineers, Scientists

another one
11-20-2007, 06:30 PM

Movie - A full length feature with characters that represent our life (includes H1 to GC process) in US with humor

Documentary - A professional documentary on our issues like H1 quota problems, GC backlog processing etc.

I am an ex NYFA student in digital film making. I would like to make the above two things by end of this year. Any of you are interested can participate. Again I don't need any money contributions. Just need your participation as actors, script writers and as other team members.

There is nothing funny about our state in US. Unless the humor is very dark the relevance will be lost. The idea can't bee to make another Monsoon Wedding.

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 06:53 PM
There is nothing funny about our state in US. Unless the humor is very dark the relevance will be lost. The idea can't bee to make another Monsoon Wedding.

There are many ways of telling a story. It can be either with humor or sentiment or any thing else. If we are presenting a story that was meant for telling problems (like h1b/GC process) presenting only problems will not achieve our goal in publicity. Show something that audience like (most of people like healthy humor I think) and include your concept/problem in that so that it will get in to people. Otherwise it will be so called award movie with lot of tears and sadness. Even that would work if it was presented with lots of creativity.

Any way problems are not only in US and they are there everywhere. I am also struggling with these Visa issues (GC waiting since 2002), but that doesn’t mean I haven’t had any humor in my life here in US. I didn’t understand your comment against movie like monsoon wedding. Please elaborate.

another one
11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
It's important to have the goal clear. Trouble with "Truth based Stories" is that they deviate very soon from the truth & start focussing more on the aspect of entertainment (American Gangster as a recent example). I don't like the idea of diluting the subject to make it more entertaining.

Entertainment means different things to different people. There has to be a target audience in mind before making a movie. The larger the target audience you focus on, the lower the common denominator becomes. This is the reason Lou Dobbs has a bigger audience than Bill Maher.

I think the idea of documentary is more true to our purpose even if it may reach fewer people.

abhijitp
11-20-2007, 07:21 PM
I have updated my details

Please don't take this personally. I am not a core team member, and I have nothing against your idea!

However, your IV profile is still incomplete (no name, no phone number), please take a moment to update it.

On that note, please also join the North California state chapter (please find link in my signature) once you update your profile.
Thanks!

grupak
11-20-2007, 07:46 PM

Documentary - A professional documentary on our issues like H1 quota problems, GC backlog processing etc.

Suggestion: Let Corporate America handle H1B quota. They don't need our help. Tying up H1B with GC is only hurting us. We are in IV for GC issues.

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
It's important to have the goal clear. Trouble with "Truth based Stories" is that they deviate very soon from the truth & start focussing more on the aspect of entertainment (American Gangster as a recent example). I don't like the idea of diluting the subject to make it more entertaining.

Entertainment means different things to different people. There has to be a target audience in mind before making a movie. The larger the target audience you focus on, the lower the common denominator becomes. This is the reason Lou Dobbs has a bigger audience than Bill Maher.

I think the idea of documentary is more true to our purpose even if it may reach fewer people.

Well said. Thatís what I am expecting from all other members, more ideas to make it success.

Documentary achieves our purpose and also I would like to make movie either it is diluted with humor or only focused on problems will decide at the time of story discussions & script preparation.

But target audience are general public includes law makers.
And motto is to achieve our goal in change in legal immigration laws.

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Suggestion: Let Corporate America handle H1B quota. They don't need our help. Tying up H1B with GC is only hurting us. We are in IV for GC issues.

Movie is not focused on H1b quota. It would tell common public the real side stories of H1 people as they are focused now as job stealers (is wrong). The odds of that and how they struggle on H1 etc.

americandesi
11-20-2007, 08:05 PM

As most Americans are not aware of employment based GC, I think a professional documentary makes more sense than a full length movie. (I wonder why Michael Moore didn't attempt this before :rolleyes:)

Portraying the GC limbo of skilled immigrants to Americans on a full length comedy movie would be like explaining Einstein’s “Theory of Relativity” in cartoon to a bunch of ditsy blondes. Infact, a few movie critics who might have vaguely understood the movie would comment like "Two thumbs up for an honest, emotional, funny and deeply moving portrait of ILLEGAL immigration” :)

abhisec
11-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Movie is not focused on H1b quota. It would tell common public the real side stories of H1 people as they are focused now as job stealers (is wrong). The odds of that and how they struggle on H1 etc.

IV Movies,

I can help with story line, some dialogues, acting as well as post production. I'm not a professional by any stretch of imagination but i'm definitely willing to contribute.

- AK

IVMovies
11-20-2007, 08:30 PM
IV Movies,

I can help with story line, some dialogues, acting as well as post production. I'm not a professional by any stretch of imagination but i'm definitely willing to contribute.

- AK

I have sent you PM please check and let me know.

Maverick1
11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
First of all articulate your questions and concerns. That gives any one with an insight to try to help you. Not using the SMS language should help too :) because you may not be conveying clearly what you intended to.

Where are you located now ? Your home country or USA ?
Did you see your Visa papers at all ? What visa do you have ?
Did you go to school in USA ?
Did you get ANY visa stamping on your passport ?

Hi All ,

chmur
11-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I was excited and I am really interested in this idea.

alas I am not from Bay Area ...Good Luck anyway

IVMovies
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
I was excited and I am really interested in this idea.

alas I am not from Bay Area ...Good Luck anyway

You can participate even you are not from bay area. Send me PM for more details.