PDA

View Full Version : strategy: Baby steps to end retrogression

rakesh_one
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
More or less few things are clear. Comprehensive immigration reform is due after 2009. God knows the priorities in 2009.

Only hope is to get small changes as add-on to large bills like defence bills. No doubt one such add-on will happen to increase the H1 quota or make F1 EAD valid for 3 years or both. Push is very high from Business.

Between now and 2009, we should lobby for smaller benefits.
>Dependents not counted towards the quota
>3 year EAD & AP
>Dream benefit would be to get un-used visa released.

What you say folks ?.

svr_76
11-20-2007, 05:36 PM
I think this is a persuable options. Atleast if we can get dependent's visa number not counted within the annual/country quota, it should provide definite benefit.

paskal
11-20-2007, 07:07 PM
More or less few things are clear. Comprehensive immigration reform is due after 2009. God knows the priorities in 2009.

Only hope is to get small changes as add-on to large bills like defence bills. No doubt one such add-on will happen to increase the H1 quota or make F1 EAD valid for 3 years or both. Push is very high from Business.

Between now and 2009, we should lobby for smaller benefits.
>Dependents not counted towards the quota
>3 year EAD & AP
>Dream benefit would be to get un-used visa released.

What you say folks ?

we are addressing each and every one of these issues.
but we are hampered by lack of participation. we are very rich in people giving ideas on the forum and very poor in contribution- of time, effort and money. without those we may as well give up the fight, because our opponents have plenty of power and clout.
since you feel that these issues are important can we count on you to do one or more of the following?

join your state chapter
go to lawmaker meetings
contribute money
help recruit active members
motivate current members to do all the above

if yes...great...get going...there is no time to waste. if no, well as i said we have plenty of ideas and talk. hopefully you will be in the yes crowd!

techskill
11-20-2007, 07:23 PM
we are addressing each and every one of these issues.
but we are hampered by lack of participation. we are very rich in people giving ideas on the forum and very poor in contribution- of time, effort and money. without those we may as well give up the fight, because our opponents have plenty of power and clout.
since you feel that these issues are important can we count on you to do one or more of the following?

join your state chapter
go to lawmaker meetings
contribute money
help recruit active members
motivate current members to do all the above

if yes...great...get going...there is no time to waste. if no, well as i said we have plenty of ideas and talk. hopefully you will be in the yes crowd!

Paskal,

I sent an email to you also to the group to join in the MN state chapter.I never got any reply.I am willing to participate in the activities and help in achieving our goal.

paskal
11-21-2007, 12:15 AM
i got a little backlogged with the group- my apologies
i will catch up and get you in soon...and welcome!

permfiling
11-21-2007, 07:17 PM
My suggestion is that USCIS make a change for people whose 140 was approved to get EAD's rather then waiting for visa numbers.