PDA

View Full Version : This site has become the AP/EAD bulletin board

Jaime
11-27-2007, 09:38 PM
That's why I seldom visit anymore

akhilmahajan
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
buddy its ok.
We need to keep on doing what we have to do.

So lets not loose focus and keep on working on the long term goal.

Come on man, we need u back.

hopefully will see ur positive and encoraging messages soon again.

GO IV GO.
TOGETHER WE CAN.

arnab221
11-27-2007, 09:55 PM

Please do not hang me for this . I am hard working and a dedicated member but I cannot agree more with Jamie !!

1) People seem to be depressed with the latest visa bulletin and the cold and dark winter outside.

2) Moderators have reduced / stopped posting . Do not post confidential information, but posting some MORALE BOOSTERS WILL SURELY HELP .

3) People are just predicting and and everybody just wants other members to support a predictions that the Visa bulletin dates will move to their respective priority dates + 1 day .

4) Everybody is content in getting their EAD's and AP's .

5) There is no concern for people who just came out BEC or for people who missed the July bus .

Recommendations
I agree that state chapters are a VERY crucial part of IV and everybody MUST join them .

But it would be great if Moderators post things that will build Morale of the gereral populace . Moderators and founders , my recommendation would be for you to put in some morale boosters . Lets NOT neglect the website while building state chapters .

anilsal
11-27-2007, 10:18 PM
any sensitive strategy information. The best way to do this is to talk to your local state chapter leaders over phone or such. Many of you do not want to join the state chapters but want information on what IV is doing. :)

One of the main reasons to strengthen the state chapters was also to enable frequent passage of information/developments etc from the IV core to the chapters. This is what we do at the chapter meetup(s). Also developments change often that frequent updates cannot be given or become obsolete.

I have talked to the IV leadership and I am assured that they are working diligently behind the scenes on multiple possibilities. Success will be ours. :)

How can we support IV?
- Join your local state chapters. ;)
- Contribute monetarily. If you really want an online forum to track receipts/EAD/AP etc, go to . IV forums is not for receipt tracking.
- Be ready for IV action items which may need swift actions.
- Participate in local law maker meetings.

Jaime, we need you to be active. :)

pappu
11-27-2007, 11:22 PM
You are correct in your views.
However IV site will be what its members want it to be. If members talk about EAD/APs and notices, then that is all it will be on the site.

FYI IV has already posted its plan on the main homepage as a top most link after the Dec visa bulletin was announced. If members do not show interest in working towards getting something added in the year end bills and do not want to contribute in the funding drive thread then this site will only be for EADs and AP problems.

This effort is driven and supported by each and every member. Members need to decide what they want. IV leaders are more than wiling to go an extra mile and continue to make sacrifices towards this effort.

rajuram
11-28-2007, 12:47 AM
I agree with what you say. But, at the same time, I believe that the members need leadership and direction.....

You are correct in your views.
However IV site will be what its members want it to be. If members talk about EAD/APs and notices, then that is all it will be on the site.

FYI IV has already posted its plan on the main homepage as a top most link after the Dec visa bulletin was announced. If members do not show interest in working towards getting something added in the year end bills and do not want to contribute in the funding drive thread then this site will only be for EADs and AP problems.

This effort is driven and supported by each and every member. Members need to decide what they want. IV leaders are more than wiling to go an extra mile and continue to make sacrifices towards this effort.

santb1975
11-28-2007, 01:02 AM
but we shouldn't be loosing dedicated members like you.

I have been watching my So. Cal state chapter. We have less than 15 people who are really active. By active I mean to say meeting congressmen, donations, organizing IV events, distributing flyers, spreading awareness about the issue etc. We have over 200 people in our chapter watching us and talking about EAD's and AP's etc. I hope we dont stay as a portal for discussing EAD's, AP's etc.

NO_Free_Rider
11-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Please do not hang me for this . I am hard working and a dedicated member but I cannot agree more with Jamie !!

4) Everybody is content in getting their EAD's and AP's .

5) There is no concern for people who just came out BEC or for people who missed the July bus.

Hope IV has this on the agenda, My labor was approved from PBEC (PD May 2003-EB3 India) on Aug 20 :mad:

anilsal
11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
I agree with what you say. But, at the same time, I believe that the members need leadership and direction.....

This week I requested you to identify yourself with your state chapter. You have not yet done it. :)

Can you please update your signature with your affiliation with your state chapter?

For others,
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15438

paskal
11-28-2007, 04:02 AM
Hope IV has this on the agenda, My labor was approved from PBEC (PD May 2003-EB3 India) on Aug 20 :mad:

this is very much on the iv agenda
we are working right now as i speak (just read an update in case you are wondering about the late night!) to get some administrative fixes and bring relief to those that missed the july bus- and to everyone stuck on AOS for prolonged periods. these kinds of measures and recapture need support across the board and it's important to engage lawmakers at the state level. so please join your state chapter- consider starting one if it does not exist- and meet legislators and their staff over the next few days.

swamy
11-28-2007, 09:03 AM

I hope so too - and I also hope once you get your green card you don't forget those behind you

BMS1
11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
In my opinion, the difficulties in mantaining H1-B status and Employment ineligibility of H4 are really kind of too much to bear for long. Those in that status for a year or two start feeling quite frustrated and their support for immigration reform is quite emotional and from the bottom of the heart. That frustration was the true origin of IV in my opinion. Once one reaches I485 adjustee status, the frustration is much less for majority of the people due to AC21 (one true reform) and their support becomes less emotional and more mature, moral and social in nature. And the participation in forum also goes down with reduced frustration. In another one/two years a lot of H1-B people will understand the issues of H1-B and join this forum and IV may become what it used to be before. That is, if the ability to file for I-485, is not administratively resolved by then.

deardar
11-28-2007, 10:16 AM
I hope so too - and I also hope once you get your green card you don't forget those behind you

I pray after us no one should ever waste their valuable short life thinking about getting GC .I pray GC should be something that should be the last thing on the list to worry about.

sriramkalyan
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I totally agree with Jaime ...

i see " 150 days no ead"
"H1B expIRED "
crap crap crap .

Very Soon we will see " My wife leaving me ...what will happen to my GC"

Most of them are from weak minds & heart ..& Selfish ..

sam_hoosier
11-28-2007, 11:51 AM

Good for you ;)

Members have a variety of issues that they want to discuss and after the flood of I-485 filings in July/August, EAD/AP is something that a lot of us are dealing with. Just because people are concerned about EAD/AP does not mean they have abandoned IV's bigger goals.

Seriously, chill out ! You can always choose which section of the forum you want to visit :)

lazycis
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
There are little problems and there are big ones, but the view regarding the size is always subjective. If person cannot get EAD in time and get fired+loses GC, it will be a big problem for someone. I think people can discuss what they want. Maybe IV can create a FAQ for EAD/AP questions as a lot of them are the same? People who want to focus on the big issues will be able to make big changes, but we cannot force people to focus on the issue we think are the most important to us.

buckeye123
11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
I totally agree with Jaime ...

i see " 150 days no ead"
"H1B expIRED "
crap crap crap .

Very Soon we will see " My wife leaving me ...what will happen to my GC"

Most of them are from weak minds & heart ..& Selfish ..

What about this post ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=198830#post198830

Tolerance is imporant... Tolerance is important for a vibrant society...

sam_hoosier
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
What about this post ?
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=198830#post198830

Tolerance is imporant... Tolerance is important for a vibrant society...

Thats exactly the kind of hypocrisy & double standards we want to avoid. People dont care about H1Bs just because it does not affect them anymore :(

Leo07
11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
...relates to each and everyone of us.

I myself feel alienated by 98% of the posts on this forum. That is because I don't fit into the AP/EAD discussions.Having said that, it would be my ignorance if I try to relate myself to every single post.

I feel that I should contribute what ever I could to the common goals...without obstructing anyone.

needhelp!
11-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Dear Jaime.. I called the number I was given by DallasBlue and left a message few weeks back, but no one called me back. Would have loved to have someone enthusiastic like you at Diwali Mela.

Please PM/email me your updated contact info...