PDA

View Full Version : Check this out! sort of funny and sad

HereIComeGC
11-28-2007, 05:14 PM
So....I logged on to USCIS website to check status of my I485. After
checking (No change :mad:) I hit Logoff link on the left side. THEN I hit back button on browser by mistake and I am back to all my case listings. I click on each case just for fun and it lets me in with each case details!

So, next, I get curious further. I click on a case to view its details. And then Bookmark case details page. I logoff and close the browser. I paste the DIRECT link to the case in the browser and whola! I am right in there. Link on left says 'Login'!

Its funny and sad the kind of system we have to depend on!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

:D:(:mad:

another one
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
checking (No change :mad:) I hit Logoff link on the left side. THEN I hit back button on browser by mistake and I am back to all my case listings. I click on each case just for fun and it lets me in with each case details!

So, next, I get curious further. I click on a case to view its details. And then Bookmark case details page. I logoff and close the browser. I paste the DIRECT link to the case in the browser and whola! I am right in there. Link on left says 'Login'!

you should join the state chapter (if not already done) to make sure you not doing this for next 10 years

techskill
11-28-2007, 05:23 PM

Did u see any of the cases approved? (Just kidding)

rkat
11-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Ohhh come on...are u freakin' kidding me..!! how the hell do you get to fly with a post like this..?? What the hell are u talking about man..?? makes no sense.!

anilsal
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM

Thanks for sharing this information. :)

It is both funny and sad.

leo2606
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
The URL contains the Reciept number in the query string that is why you see the case details eventhough you log off.It is equivalent to searching for a Case without log in.

Notice at that time you are in case details from bookmark if you click My Portfolio you get following message.
Access To Selected Resource Not Authorized.
You have not Logged In or Your Session has Timed Out.

jsb
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, there is nothing unusual about it. It is like getting status based on a receipt number. Note that the status page has no personal details, just general information on status