PDA

View Full Version : Priority Date - Current

gevgelija50
11-28-2007, 08:59 PM
As I understand the process, if your date is current, the USCIS will accept your application - meaning they ARE processing applications with a priority date matching or exceeding yours.

During the July 2007 fiasco, the cut-off dates were current, allowing everyone to apply. If we submitted our application and the date is current at the time, why do we have to wait until our date becomes current again? Shouldn't they process the application within 6 months or less?

sathishkrish
11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
As I understand the process, if your date is current, the USCIS will accept your application - meaning they ARE processing applications with a priority date matching or exceeding yours.

During the July 2007 fiasco, the cut-off dates were current, allowing everyone to apply. If we submitted our application and the date is current at the time, why do we have to wait until our date becomes current again? Shouldn't they process the application within 6 months or less?

You application will continue to be processed when it is within the processing time - visa allocation happens only when your PD is current, which apparently is not. Moreover - Visa Bulletin is just a Forecast based on current demand so, actuals can vary at any time. There is so much to read about this in many forums including this, so you may want do more research before asking - I have a reason to tell you this because your poor soul will soon be hounded by GURUS for not researching enough :-) Hope you understand!

Cheers

Green.Tech
11-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Welcome to retrogression! :)