PDA

View Full Version : Change of jobs after EAD

shishya
06-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Folks,
While I could search for a straight case scenario of changing jobs after EAD -- my case is a little different and hence the question.

So here's the deal: I am EB2-I category with PD of May 2006. I applied for I-485 September 2008 before I was married (I got married Feb 2009) and have EAD in hand for more than a year that I've not been using since my wife is a dependent H4 on my H1.

Now, it looks like I *might* have my dates current in the next 2-4 months when I'd be applying for my wife's EAD.

My question is, assuming we apply for my wife's EAD in the next 2-3 months, what would happen if I were to change my job?

(i) Is there a waiting requirement enforced?
(ii) Does my new employer need to file for my GC again? (I think they might not given they are a startup).
(iii) The new company would be in the same area (Bay area) and will have mostly similar job roles.

I am not yet sure if there are any issues to be concerned about -- and perhaps I will have more questions to ask to be able to understand if I can make the job change or not at this point.

Appreciate any responses/directions/advise!
Cheers!

shishya
06-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Folks,
Would really appreciate if there is any advise/any pointers that will help me get an answer to the question. Thanks!

reddymjm
06-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Folks,
While I could search for a straight case scenario of changing jobs after EAD -- my case is a little different and hence the question.

So here's the deal: I am EB2-I category with PD of May 2006. I applied for I-485 September 2008 before I was married (I got married Feb 2009) and have EAD in hand for more than a year that I've not been using since my wife is a dependent H4 on my H1.

Now, it looks like I *might* have my dates current in the next 2-4 months when I'd be applying for my wife's EAD.

My question is, assuming we apply for my wife's EAD in the next 2-3 months, what would happen if I were to change my job?

(i) Is there a waiting requirement enforced?
Once u get the receipts numbers u r gud to go.
(ii) Does my new employer need to file for my GC again? (I think they might not given they are a startup).
No it is just a AC21
(iii) The new company would be in the same area (Bay area) and will have mostly similar job roles.
Does not matter.

I am not yet sure if there are any issues to be concerned about -- and perhaps I will have more questions to ask to be able to understand if I can make the job change or not at this point.

Appreciate any responses/directions/advise!
Cheers!

See above