PDA

View Full Version : Removing some experience

uma001
06-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi,

I would like to remove some of my experience from resume. Will it create problem for labor processing?. I have 12 years of experience. I do not want to show all years of experience. I would like to show just 5 years of experience . Also I have MS. I cannot gather all the experience letters for all the years. That's the reason why I do not want to show few years of experience.

Any suggestions???

sanju_dba
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I would like to remove some of my experience from resume. Will it create problem for labor processing?. I have 12 years of experience. I do not want to show all years of experience. I would like to show just 5 years of experience . Also I have MS. I cannot gather all the experience letters for all the years. That's the reason why I do not want to show few years of experience.

Any suggestions???

I would say....

if job ad description says 5years experience, then you need to show 5 years with all necessary letters, and anything beyond 5years can be upto your choice. If you cannot produce letters, can you get any of your old collegues references that can support your statement. Again more than what job ad says is irrelevant.

topman123
06-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Its not that easy to get experience and if you want to remove it from your CV then i think this is not a good thinking..

hebron
06-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Its not that easy to get experience and if you want to remove it from your CV then i think this is not a good thinking..

I have a question regarding this. Can USCIS deny a PERM or I-140 application stating a person is over qualified? Suppose a job requires 5-7 years of experience and the applicant has 12 years of experience and file an EB2 PERM and I-140, would USCIS deny this application stating the applicant is over qualified?

kumar1
06-21-2010, 09:29 AM
No, they should not deny it. It is process of meeting the minimum requirements. Once you meet the minimum requirements, you are fine. It is like prevailing wage, if you make 1 million above prevailing wage, DOL would not have any issues.

uma001
06-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a question regarding this. Can USCIS deny a PERM or I-140 application stating a person is over qualified? Suppose a job requires 5-7 years of experience and the applicant has 12 years of experience and file an EB2 PERM and I-140, would USCIS deny this application stating the applicant is over qualified?

Thats is one of the reasons I dont want to show all of my exp. Getting exp letters with exact description as mentioned in position description from prev managers/HRs is pain in the neck. I have worked with 6 companies in past. This is my second H1. Also I am not sure if they want my experience in US from the day I landed in US for the first time or only for those years , the exp mentiones in position description

sathyaraj
06-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Please show all your experience and only the facts. My friend was audited based on prior EB3 petition and they found some discrepancies and denied his petition. It is always better to say the facts so it will be easier to prove later incase of a RFE.

frostrated
06-21-2010, 02:36 PM
you cannot take out any experience. when you file your labor, you have to certify that all that you entered is correct. and when you are entering your experience, you will reach a point which says no more experience.
rather than get denied due to a technicality, it is better to show what you have as you have to meet min qualifications. there is no such thing as over qualified when it comes to USCIS.
If that were the case, then my labor and 140 should have been rejected as I have a Masters and yet filed in EB3, as the position required a Bachelors and not a Masters.