PDA

View Full Version : How do I find my priority date?

speddi
07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I applied for I-140 in July 2007 using a substitute labor EB2 (from a different company) with a priority date of Nov 2005 and it got approved in May 2008.

During the same July fiasco, my employer at that time applied for I-485 with a priority date of August 2006.

I didn't apply for priority date porting after the substitute labor I-140 got approved because I didn't have the approval notice.

I read somewhere that even though I didn't apply for porting of the date, USCIS will consider the earlier date. How far is this true? How can I find out my correct priority date?

Thank you

Note: I already posted this in 'August Bulletin Out - EB2 India 01MAR06' but discussion there is totally different. So, posted a new thread.

ski_dude12
07-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Another substitute case...

Any reason you went for substitute labor instead of your own?

I applied for I-140 in July 2007 using a substitute labor EB2 (from a different company) with a priority date of Nov 2005 and it got approved in May 2008.

During the same July fiasco, my employer at that time applied for I-485 with a priority date of August 2006.

I didn't apply for priority date porting after the substitute labor I-140 got approved because I didn't have the approval notice.

I read somewhere that even though I didn't apply for porting of the date, USCIS will consider the earlier date. How far is this true? How can I find out my correct priority date?

Thank you

Note: I already posted this in 'August Bulletin Out - EB2 India 01MAR06' but discussion there is totally different. So, posted a new thread.

speddi
07-13-2010, 03:44 PM
I was in the process of job change and the July fiasco happened and I was forced to stay with the company that filed my 485 (cannot change company for 6 months).