PDA

View Full Version : How many years of employment required before Deloitte sponsor your GC?

jyc
07-20-2010, 10:22 PM
I am thinking about going to Big 4 accounting firms, but I don't know how many years of employment required before Deloitte sponsor green card? What about other three?

Anybody knows?

Thanks!

kumar1
07-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Only way to get them file GC is to get it in writing. I was promised by another big 5 that they would file my GC after one year.....they flipped. I ended up changing employer and losing 18 months.

Whatever it is, get it n writing. Good Luck.

jyc
07-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Only way to get them file GC is to get it in writing. I was promised by another big 5 that they would file my GC after one year.....they flipped. I ended up changing employer and losing 18 months.

Whatever it is, get it n writing. Good Luck.
Thank you, Kumar. That's very helpful.

Do you know how long of employment is the common rule for these big accounting firms to do GC filing?

uma001
07-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Thank you, Kumar. That's very helpful.

Do you know how long of employment is the common rule for these big accounting firms to do GC filing?

I heard that deloitte is not doing H1s.In that case how can they do green cards.

India_USA
07-21-2010, 10:48 AM
From what I know....all top accounting firms are going to get rid of all temp employees including H1B and Eads when US moves to Universal Accounting practices by end of the year. All jobs are going offshore.

Who is your source? Or is this one of the whispers you hear in your head?

uma001
07-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I heard that deloitte is not doing H1s.In that case how can they do green cards.

One of my friends' friend was promised that Deloitte will do green card, but they never did and he was offered manager's job in India after he completed 6 years in US. He left and joined Deloitte India.

gc_on_demand
07-21-2010, 11:55 AM
One of my friend was working for deloitte and they promised 12 months and they started to get approval for GC. Internal approval process took 6 more months so it was total 18 months before actual GC process started and they withdraw all GC paper & H1b when End Client terminated project and he was laid off in 2009. Poor guy since his labor was just approved but I 140 was n't filled and approved. Thus lost almost 24 months. Also he had MS from US and over 15 years of exp in India and US but they filled under Eb3.