PDA

View Full Version : Only 5K-10K spillover this year in September

imh1b
07-29-2010, 03:21 PM
My lawyer says there is going to be about 5-10K spillover from Family to employment based. Gurus can you estimate how much dates will move if that happens. I am hoping nothing for EB3 though :(

He said end of year for spillover from family. So I understood as September,
I also asked how many visas a left. He said only about 9 thousand for EB2 in total. They approved a lot this month. Next month more approvals will happen. For EB3 India he said only a couple of hundred are available till end of September.

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
07-29-2010, 03:25 PM
My lawyer says there is going to be about 5-10K spillover from Family to employment based. Gurus can you estimate how much dates will move if that happens. I am hoping nothing for EB3 though :(

Please READ EB2/EB3 Prediction rather Calculation thread.
Q on his first post has explained it so clearly what might happen.

gcgonewild
07-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Spillover from Family to Employment will occur for FY 2010-2011. Not for September.

Family spillover for 2009-10 is approximately 10500, and is already allocated.

We wouldn't know this number until DOS publishes Immigration Statistics for 2010.

imh1b
07-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Spillover from Family to Employment will occur for FY 2010-2011. Not for September.

Family spillover for 2009-10 is approximately 10500, and is already allocated.

We wouldn't know this number until DOS publishes Immigration Statistics for 2010.

You are right. He said end of year for spillover from family. So I understood as September,
I also asked how many visas a left. He said only about 9 thousand for EB2 in total. They approved a lot this month. Next month more approvals will happen. For EB3 India he said only a couple of hundred are available till end of September.

imh1b
07-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Please READ EB2/EB3 Prediction rather Calculation thread.
Q on his first post has explained it so clearly what might happen.

The calculations have a huge margin or error there because it is based on 2 wrongs. USCIS data is not fully accurate and tracker data is small. 2 wrongs do not make a right. It is better to trust information directly from people talking to Department of State and USCIS. Lawyers know better as they do this everyday for many years.

tanu_75
07-29-2010, 03:53 PM
The calculations have a huge margin or error there because it is based on 2 wrongs. USCIS data is not fully accurate and tracker data is small. 2 wrongs do not make a right. It is better to trust information directly from people talking to Department of State and USCIS. Lawyers know better as they do this everyday for many years.

Interesting so you're willing to acccept information from your lawyer who you think gets his information from USCIS but not willing to trust USCIS's information which we use here that USCIS makes itself available freely now. Hmm, not saying don't trust your lawyer but you would be surprised how inefficient some of the lawyers can be. None of them predicted the movement for the past two months which was pretty much spot on based on analysis by Q and others on the thread. I would rather trust analysis which I can see and test myself rather than take the word of a lawyer just because he's a lawyer.

TeddyKoochu
07-29-2010, 04:26 PM

I must correct the following facts for you.
- Last year FB to EB was 10K approx so this year the expectations are similar according to your attorney. All these numbers are distributed proportionately amongst all categories, refer demand data document.
- The confusion seems to in the administrative language, spillover means FB to EB.
I think you should read atleast a few pages or posts on the predictions calculations thread before being judgmental. The calculations have been done from all possible sources a) Inventory b) USCIS processing volumes and from large samples from other sites. If you have better sources with facts and figures please let us know. Somebody merely saying something will happen has no meaning. With regards accuracy said what is happening months back and many people believe that his predictions are accurate and very close to reality. I believe you should read atleast the post on page 1 it may clear many of your misconceptions.

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
07-30-2010, 09:51 AM
I must correct the following facts for you.
- Last year FB to EB was 10K approx so this year the expectations are similar according to your attorney. All these numbers are distributed proportionately amongst all categories, refer demand data document.
- The confusion seems to in the administrative language, spillover means FB to EB.
I think you should read atleast a few pages or posts on the predictions calculations thread before being judgmental. The calculations have been done from all possible sources a) Inventory b) USCIS processing volumes and from large samples from other sites. If you have better sources with facts and figures please let us know. Somebody merely saying something will happen has no meaning. With regards accuracy said what is happening months back and many people believe that his predictions are accurate and very close to reality. I believe you should read atleast the post on page 1 it may clear many of your misconceptions.
Leave them ted, they will never understand

MDix
07-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Your lawyer (and most of them including some famous on wwww) are DHAKKAN. They have no clue what's going on with VB. They just know how to fill some some form , that also they screw lot of time.

He said end of year for spillover from family. So I understood as September,

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
07-30-2010, 11:47 AM
your lawyer (and most of them including some famous on wwww) are dhakkan. They have no clue what's going on with vb. They just know how to fill some some form , that also they screw lot of time.

you are so right. I had to sit with my lawyer to file my i-140.
He is a b****. They do not know anything because their main motive is to get
customers and apply.
What will happen they can neither predict, nor bothered about it.
They just check the bulletin and tell you as if they know inside information.

bu*** shi****