PDA

View Full Version : PERM Through BIG Companies

paulinasmith
08-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Hi All,

I am from India and I have a question regarding PERM. Have anybody applied for PERM and I-140/I-485 through Verizon or Verizon Inc ?

How much time does PERM approval normally takes when applied through Verizon?Any Eb-2/EB-3 green card experience with this employer?

Please suggest and advise?

Cheers,

go_guy123
08-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi All,

I am from India and I have a question regarding PERM. Have anybody applied for PERM and I-140/I-485 through AT&T or AT&T Inc ?

How much time does PERM approval normally takes when applied through AT&T?Any Eb-2/EB-3 green card experience with this employer?

Cheers,

Do you even hope to get a GC after being born in India. Are you not aware of the situation ?
All depends on on whether they audit the PERM or not. EB2 tends to be audited a lot lately

GC20??
08-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Hi All,

I am from India and I have a question regarding PERM. Have anybody applied for PERM and I-140/I-485 through AT&T or AT&T Inc ?

How much time does PERM approval normally takes when applied through AT&T?Any Eb-2/EB-3 green card experience with this employer?

Cheers,

PS: Since I have Australian Citizenship (By Naturalization) therefore after 6 years of H1B I can switch to E-3/TN Visa
In the current situation this might be a quicker way to get GC rather than waiting in empoyment based queue for India

1. Deliver a child in US
2. Wait till the child turns 18
3. Have child sponsor your GC

kumar1
08-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Or marry an American woman/man.

Your Australian citizenship would not help you in GC process. They go by country of birth. Once you are born in India......you are done as far as GC is concerned.

Big companies are kind of pain@ass while going through the GC hoop.

In the current situation this might be a quicker way to get GC rather than waiting in empoyment based queue for India

1. Deliver a child in US

DSLStart
08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
that door would be closed soon too, if republicnas have it their way by changing the 14th amendment and abolishing birthright citizenship to anyone.

1. Deliver a child in US

paulinasmith
08-05-2010, 11:17 AM
One of my friend was born in Sri Lanka.He is also working for Verizon and he is still waiting for PERM to be applied.He is in his first year of H1B.Are there any chances of his green card under EB-3?

vishwak
08-05-2010, 11:21 AM
One of my friend was born in Sri Lanka.He is also working for AT&T and he is still waiting for PERM to be applied.He is in his first year of H1B.Are there any chances of his green card under EB-3?

Forget working with big companies.

They may throw you out any time and all your time and money invested in GC wil be gone.

paulinasmith
08-05-2010, 11:25 AM
They started the GC procedure through big lawyer last year in December 2009. Its already August 2010 and still they haven't submitted the PERM (Applicant review process) ......

GC20??
08-05-2010, 11:32 AM
They started the GC procedure through usabal lawyer last year in December 2009. Its already August 2010 and still they haven't applied for PERM......
I heard that Yahoo recently got around 100 perm denials. Most of the people whose perm got denied were in 5th or 6th year of their H1.