PDA

View Full Version : New Perm approvals in current economy

MrSmith
08-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I am considering to change job in few months after getting 3 year H1B extension. Its my 7th year on H1B, Perm and I140 are approved with my current employer. I would like to port my priority date to a new employer after filling new Perm and I140.

My concern is how much does current high unemployment and slow economy affect new Perm applications. Are there any possible changes in immigration laws that I should be aware of.

Thanks for taking time, please share your thoughts on subject.

-----------------------
PD: Feb, 09
I140 Approved Dec, 09
EB2

paulinasmith
08-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I am considering to change job in few months after getting 3 year H1B extension. Its my 7th year on H1B, Perm and I140 are approved with my current employer. I would like to port my priority date to a new employer after filling new Perm and I140.

My concern is how much does current high unemployment and slow economy affect new Perm applications. Are there any possible changes in immigration laws that I should be aware of.

Thanks for taking time, please share your thoughts on subject.

-----------------------
PD: Feb, 09
I140 Approved Dec, 10
EB2

Unemployment amoung US Citizens and Green Card Holders are currently highest in six months:

US jobless claims jump to highest level since February - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100812/ts_alt_afp/useconomyunemployment_20100812132659)

Unless you are highest in ur luck.Unemployment increases DOL random audits and PERM RFE chances.DOL audit means 3 years wait.DOL audit is the second name of EB-3 category in terms of its wait :)

furiouspride
08-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Why are you considering a change of job? As it is your priority date is so recent.

MrSmith
08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
I am in a dead end job from last 2 years and couldn't move due to bad economy. Though things haven't improved drastically IT job market is looking quite decent.

I would wait few more months and decide based on which way market goes from here.
3 year extension is good enough if I can still apply for Perm with out any new restrictions etc.

I plan to apply for new perm from a company with clean reputation and not too many h1 visa people on payroll. Do you guys see any major hurdles getting this perm approved next year.

paulinasmith
08-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I am in a dead end job from last 2 years and couldn't move due to bad economy. Though things haven't improved drastically IT job market is looking quite decent.

I would wait few more months and decide based on which way market goes from here.
3 year extension is good enough if I can still apply for Perm with out any new restrictions etc.

I plan to apply for new perm from a company with clean reputation and not too many h1 visa people on payroll. Do you guys see any major hurdles getting this perm approved next year.

In the current situation the economy is not doing very good.In high unemployment DOL random audits increase.In 2008-2009 each and every case was randomly auditted by DOL.PERM and DOL random audits normally takes 2-3 years for the first step to clear. It takes 6-9 months to reach upto the stage to apply for new PERM (which includes PWD,Advertisements,recruitment etc.) Therefore consider all these factors before making any decision v/s the time you have on your plate.