PDA

View Full Version : All EB3 people should unite now and fight for the change in spill over

maveric979
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I heard many times in this form that USCIS consider EB1,2 or 3 as one category i.e EB then why EB3 dont get any share in spill over share its so unfairness in part of USCIS.

The spill over should go to oldest PD's rather than for one category in EB if the game is played fair. I think we all need to fight for this, I know i am not a leader or a best person to handle this job but i can be a good supporter if some one is willing to lead.

Amitdon
09-10-2010, 01:09 PM
EB3 has such a big back log that, it will take decade to clear after spill over, if it happens.
Better option would be Visa recapture, Not counting derivatives for visa numbers etc.

I think we can win if we stand togeter not by dividing ourself into 2 and 3 category.

reddymjm
09-10-2010, 01:33 PM
I doubt it Amitdon. We will be fighting to get that recapture and family counting till 2014 and EB2 will be current and getting their GCs in 2014 and EB3 will be in 2003 some where.

Atleast fight not to bring in another July 2007. Fight not to make EB2 and EB3 ROW current until the backlog is cleared for EB3 or until USCIS really clears all EB2 till JUL 2007 as per the country quota limits.

immigrant2007
09-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Please pardon me from interrupting but here is what i think.

I thinkThis year will be good for EB3.
With 700 per queter going to EB2I and EB2C, this means that EB2I will go only upto few months by Jul-2011 before the spill kicks IN.
Once the spill over kicks in EB2 will move by atmost Jul-2007 (as there are won't be any 485 filed for India / China post 2007. Even if they are it is unlikely that they will be processed in 1 or 2 months). So I expect EB3 to use most of the spill over this year.

CATCH is: IF USCIS allows filing of 485 before July-2011 (till May 2011) for POST all those who missed 2007 or had thier Labor -I140 approved after that, then the above doesn't hold true.

ALSO
WE NEED COMPLETE TRANSPARENCY is NUMBER RIGHT upto all the cases per country per month per category for:
485s (pending and approved)
140s (pending and approved)
any other suggestions.
We need these numbers becuase its our ******** life is at stake here.

Also I think USCIS is not being starightforwad to us on the usage and the numebrs relased earlier.
We need to check check how many cases are pending in Jan-02, Feb02 (monthwise for India EB3), the approvals does not indicate that

maveric979
09-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Question is can USCIS stop taking new applications in EB2 once the all the July filers are allocated GC's. I dont think so they need new green bills flowing and any way they have a EB3 slaves whom they can milk ever year for EAD and AP. This is going to be never ending story EB2 getting all the spill over and EB3 filers watching for some left overs.

Guys we will never get those left overs, unless we fight for our share and get it or wait in Que for 30 years. Any way my PD is may 1st 2002 and i should be getting my GC at some point this year or worst case early next years quota and all i want to do is support my brothers waiting in Q and getting frustrated like me.

andycool
09-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Question is can USCIS stop taking new applications in EB2 once the all the July filers are allocated GC's. I dont think so they need new green bills flowing and any way they have a EB3 slaves whom they can milk ever year for EAD and AP. This is going to be never ending story EB2 getting all the spill over and EB3 filers watching for some left overs.

Guys we will never get those left overs, unless we fight for our share and get it or wait in Que for 30 years. Any way my PD is may 1st 2002 and i should be getting my GC at some point this year or worst case early next years quota and all i want to do is support my brothers waiting in Q and getting frustrated like me.

I doubt this ...EB 2 will keep moving ..But there is a chance that spill over goes to EB3 once EB2 Becomes current ..But it will still be very minimum....EB3 People try to port to EB2 thats the only hope for now ...

Suva
09-10-2010, 04:06 PM
I am in for any movement here.

snathan
09-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Why and whats the basis for this...because you are suffering?

vbkris77
09-10-2010, 05:55 PM
More appropriate help would be to go and tell as many newcomers as possible not to file in EB3. For folks who are really serious about getting GC, you have 2 options,

1. Reapply in EB2

2. Work actively and organize people for a legal reform.

Just venting and lip service in blogs don't get green cards to anyone.

Unless things really change a lot,

EB2 I/C are destined to clear the backlog till 2007 by end of this year, when it happens, DoS by law will advance the dates and accept more applications next year.

EB3 ROW will advance to middle of 2006 this year and by end of 2012 they will advance beyond July 2007. Most likely EB3 China, Mexico follow ROW. This would leave India and Philippines.

CIS has more clarity on the inventory now than ever. So another fiasco may not happen.

Your recommendations are not in-line with INA, So I consider this as just a lip service and nothing more.

maveric979
09-10-2010, 08:01 PM
How will EB3 will move to 2006 by the end of year? Man don't do a managerial talk, you guys are scared that if we come fore a share you will get delayed. every day i hear so much white trash i dont need any more from you. sorry if i sound harsh

maveric979
09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
EB2 guys writing on this blog are with PD2008, this people are scared how will they understand our frustration, most of us came here between 1998-2001 and applied GC and waiting in line for 8-10 years and now this guys come in 2006 and apply for GC in 2008, 9 or 10 and lecturer us. how USCIS should work and why EB2 is is privilege club. what is this s...t

deepimpact
09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
How will EB3 will move to 2006 by the end of year? Man don't do a managerial talk, you guys are scared that if we come fore a share you will get delayed. every day i hear so much white trash i dont need any more from you. sorry if i sound harsh
I guess by EB3 he meant EB3 ROW. They have about 44K pending till July 2007. So with their 30K Quota (42K- 4*2800) they will move to 2006.

srgadi
09-10-2010, 09:44 PM
There is understandably a lot of frustration for EB-3 folks. But the idea cannot be and should not be to fight between who gets spillover (EB2 or EB3). Visa recapture is the way to go and we should concentrate all our energy there.

They will never treat EB2 equal to EB1 and EB3 equal to EB2. There is a reason why these categories exist, and EB1 gets the highest priority followed by EB2 and then followed by EB3.

maveric979
09-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Yayayaya we will fight for Visa recapturing and EB2 current filers + Future files and super future files will benefit from that because they hold the priority over eb3.
Current 30/40K filers + 2007-2010 app 70 or 80K filers this is just India think about china, mexico ... so who will get those recaptured visas?????

We fought in 2007 along with you and who gets the 5 course meal now again you are asking to join you for the 7 course meal. EB3 guys you need to understand one thing "That you are not the solder who fight the battle and eb2 kings share the glory. The day when you guys become a kings then only you can expect a share",

For example we see this stuff every day in office you manager come and say like this "Guys this is very critical project we need you help we need to fight this battle together within time and budget so that our team (Me) will be recognized by sr.management then we will work hard day and night and complete the project in time within the budget and what will be get a thanks email for the manager and what will the manager get a promotion and fat bonus" guys wake up fight for your self at-least now so far we fought for others not any more

gc_check
09-10-2010, 11:46 PM
EB3 has such a big back log that, it will take decade to clear after spill over, if it happens.
Better option would be Visa recapture, Not counting derivatives for visa numbers etc.

I think we can win if we stand togeter not by dividing ourself into 2 and 3 category.

EB2 - India / China was never current since July 2007 VB fiasco. So many EB2 folks from India / China with PD July 07 or later (some might be even from early '07 due to delay in labor) are waiting to file AOS. Once the date reaches '07, the demand for Visa could reduce and VB could become current for EB2, but there are too many EB2 I/C's waiting to file 485 and dates could immediately retrogress and the current status most likely is temporary, and if that happens, no Spill over to EB3. Looking at the data, EB2 I/C could never become current for some time though things were slow in '08, '09 and 2010, still there will be more people. If EB2 is not current for all categories, then no spill over to EB3 (all countries including India / China). Only option that would give a relief is to recapture unused #'s or increase Visa #'s, but these are very difficult and has to happen through congress. But also EB3 people waiting from 2002/2003 etc is painful, when new EB2 folks from recent past getting approved. We can argue, EB2 skill are higher, etc.. but only a few, a lot are through EB2 labor cert, and not always it is the job or the skill, but the Attorney's make it happen especially if one is working for a consulting company (which is now not that easy now). In general, for any relief or assist, it should reach out to the most affected, in this case EB3, but the world or system is not fair to all and EB3 - only time will tell - what will happen.

I have been following IV since the time, it was formed both as a Donor and also as a non-Donor member, since I an not a recurring contributor, IV is done a lot, with few successes, but due to few reasons, not much success in getting anything done through congress. Things will change, only through CIR, if at all it happens. Else one fine day, few years from now, EB3 people might start seeing some progress. The wait at the moment, seems infinite.....

greyhair
09-11-2010, 12:05 AM
I doubt it Amitdon. We will be fighting to get that recapture and family counting till 2014 and EB2 will be current and getting their GCs in 2014 and EB3 will be in 2003 some where.

Atleast fight not to bring in another July 2007. Fight not to make EB2 and EB3 ROW current until the backlog is cleared for EB3 or until USCIS really clears all EB2 till JUL 2007 as per the country quota limits.

So you are saying that because recapture will not happen until 2014, for now lets find ways to stop advancement of Eb2 and Eb3 ROW.

Although I share your sense of loss with the delayed system but I am afraid my conscience does not allow me to stand with you in blocking the way of others. Our sense of loss is such a tricky one, because we always feel like our worth is tied up into stuff that we have lost, not that our worth can further greatly diminish from things we are willing to lose.

vbkris77
09-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Don't be emotional. I never disagreed with you on a necessity of help for EB3 India. By just venting your frustration you are actually dividing the community. Just by yelling and writing on the blogs doesn't give you share of the visas..

It would require INA changes. Those changes doesn't come easy. It requires lot of patience and persistence to see a bigger picture. If you have them, lead an IV effort, Otherwise, take a hike. You will get your GC this year. So you can later go and join numbers usa and start complaining about immigrants stealing jobs and lowering wages.

If thats not what you are, then don't divide community. There is no Fellow EB3I, Just think like a fellow immigrant.

EB3 India specifically will benefit from removal of country limits in CIR. There is also an admin fix to work on removal of same of similar occupation requirement (for admin fix).

In 2-3 days this thread will die and most EB3 guys forget this issue until next visa bulletin.

What a pity!!!!

EB2 guys writing on this blog are with PD2008, this people are scared how will they understand our frustration, most of us came here between 1998-2001 and applied GC and waiting in line for 8-10 years and now this guys come in 2006 and apply for GC in 2008, 9 or 10 and lecturer us. how USCIS should work and why EB2 is is privilege club. what is this s...t

Yayayaya we will fight for Visa recapturing and EB2 current filers + Future files and super future files will benefit from that because they hold the priority over eb3.
Current 30/40K filers + 2007-2010 app 70 or 80K filers this is just India think about china, mexico ... so who will get those recaptured visas?????

We fought in 2007 along with you and who gets the 5 course meal now again you are asking to join you for the 7 course meal. EB3 guys you need to understand one thing "That you are not the solder who fight the battle and eb2 kings share the glory. The day when you guys become a kings then only you can expect a share",

For example we see this stuff every day in office you manager come and say like this "Guys this is very critical project we need you help we need to fight this battle together within time and budget so that our team (Me) will be recognized by sr.management then we will work hard day and night and complete the project in time within the budget and what will be get a thanks email for the manager and what will the manager get a promotion and fat bonus" guys wake up fight for your self at-least now so far we fought for others not any more

greyhair
09-11-2010, 12:31 AM

Why do I get a feeling that I know you? Your soldier eb3 and king eb2 analogy is so twisted that it makes me ask myself that why do I read such posts on immigration forms.

Regardless, I know that, "we must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately". It seems to want us all hang separately.

dummgelauft
09-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Why not USCIS just deny ALL EB3?
Instead of making asinine suggestions like this, suggest something positive. I myself was languishing in EB3 since 2003, and I saw that it is only going to get worse. So, I found a new job, where the employer was willing to file in EB2. I lost 3 years of my priority date since my previous labor was paper filed and had not been approved yet. So I had to start all over again.

Let me tell you another fact. A few hundred or even a few thousand spill over from EB2 will not make a noticeable difference in EB3 movement. There are simply too many applications. According to one estimate that I remember reading here, the are close to 125,000 consular processing cases for EB3 India ALONE!!

There are many other constructive things that IV is working on, but I get the feeling that you will gave an issue with all of those. If some members mention STEM grad exemption, people pounce upon on that guy, because THEY do not benefit directly from it, without realizing that queue will get shorter for those who are NOT US STEM grads. It is simple twisted mentality at work, " na khayenge, na khaney denge".

By making such suggestions you will only serve to divide the EB community and invite wrath of others.

happy Saturday

chmur
09-11-2010, 02:00 PM
USCIS is not wasting any numbers , they will work through the backlog in next 5-6 years. @ 140K quota and 100K new applicants each year from now on.

Recapture, CIR if it happens we can contribute . Notwithstanding IV core's effort , there has been very positive done for EB3. So EB3's enthusiasm for another effort to mobilise opinion is understandably very low.

However, greater focus on USCIS in efficiencies (By IV and others) has now lead to a more streamlined processing within USCIS. That in itself is huge benefit.

EB3-I - wait for 1-6 years depending on your PD . Prepare yourself mentally for that.

I think decade long (from now) wait fears are overblown and is not rooted in facts.

kishorek111
09-12-2010, 01:18 PM

why can't EB2 be current... might be then you should fight for EB1 not to be current... instead of worrying about other categories, look for ways to get EB3 better. As long as you try to compare with other categories... you get very little support.

kishorek111
09-12-2010, 01:27 PM

If you agree or not, atleast for US govt, EB1 is the most privileged club, then comes EB2 and then EB3...

kishorek111
09-12-2010, 01:32 PM

Hope u understand this..

US govt will never treat EB2 equal to EB1 and EB3 equal to EB2. There is a reason why these categories exist, and EB1 gets the highest priority followed by EB2 and then followed by EB3.

abhishek101
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Why is whenever some one talks about helping EB3 all EB2's jump in and start talking about not splitting the effort. When they are getting all the spillover why do they not talk about supporting EB3 and changing the interpretation of spillover ?

So EB2 people SHUT UP.

Also I am very clear the IV core is not going to help EB3 I also, because to help EB3 we need legistlative changes that cannot be brought till we play SLAVES to ILLEGALS

so it is on only EB3 guys to help themselves out. Start visiting your legistlators to talk about how the change in interpretation is affecting EB3 adversly.

I am sure a lot of EB2 and some from IV core will step in to say that legistlators do not do anything for EB3 specifically but if you take this approach from the begining then you will be suffering for a longtime.

IndiaBULL
09-12-2010, 11:21 PM
If you really want to help yourself. you shall consider PORTing to EB2. It is hard for USCIS to think that EB3 job can not find a US citenzn during this downturn

kishorek111
09-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Why is whenever some one talks about helping EB3 all EB2's jump in and start talking about not splitting the effort. When they are getting all the spillover why do they not talk about supporting EB3 and changing the interpretation of spillover ?

So EB2 people SHUT UP.

Also I am very clear the IV core is not going to help EB3 I also, because to help EB3 we need legistlative changes that cannot be brought till we play SLAVES to ILLEGALS

so it is on only EB3 guys to help themselves out. Start visiting your legistlators to talk about how the change in interpretation is affecting EB3 adversly.

I am sure a lot of EB2 and some from IV core will step in to say that legistlators do not do anything for EB3 specifically but if you take this approach from the begining then you will be suffering for a longtime.

would you share your cake with others especially if it is very difficult to get?? the answer is simple NO unless you are some......

the same here. Why would EB2 want to lose their share to EB3? How do you think the interpretation can be changed without changing the law?? Whatever is there in the law, USCIS is following it... Might be you should also talk about EB1 being current with your legislators. Hope you understand this - US govt will never treat EB2 equal to EB1 and EB3 equal to EB2. There is a reason why these categories exist, and EB1 gets the highest priority followed by EB2 and then followed by EB3.

Anyway all the best..

ashkam
09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
All this talk about "not dividing the community" is from people who will probably get their green cards within a year or two. Face it, there is no community any more. There is an EB2 community and there is an EB3 community. EB2s do not need IV anymore. It's time to stop this pretense.

TeddyKoochu
09-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Friends regardless of all things we all deserve to get our GC's in a timely manner whether we are EB2 or EB3. Since we talk of spillover in all fairness there should not be any country limits in the EB System if that were the case EB3-I would race ahead. We the folks from retrogressed countries are atleast 4 years behind our ROW counterparts (PS - I have nothing against ROW friends). Another fact that most of know is that if at all spillover does go to EB3 it goes to EB3 ROW like what happened in 2008 it does not benefit EB3 I/C and with the current demand that EB3 ROW has, it is significant even in the midst of a recession it would never be literally current in the next 5 years, EB3 ROW demand till today’s date may well be 100K. So whether we are EB2 or EB3 from a retrogressed country the real issue that needs to be addressed in all fairness is the per country limits. With Eb2 moving there is a chance for EB3 with later PD's to port, I agree that the situation is bad for EB3 the only good option is to port by all means if PD is beyond mid 2002. All the best.

dummgelauft
09-13-2010, 10:27 AM

So EB2 people SHUT UP.

Look up profiles of IV core. Pappu himself is in EB3, so are a few others.

I know exactly how it feels to be EB3, because I myself was in EB3 earlier and could not convince my employer (a very well known Europe based company), to file in EB2.

You are exactly right when you say 'Slaves to Illegals..." that is the root of all problems faced by EB. Your average American "low information voter" equates immigration relief legislation with "opening the borders with Mexico", "amnesty" and other such stuff propagated my right wing media. EB3 has no hope with current administration's stance, the political and economic climate and political makeup of both the houses of congress.

In fact, we might be able to bring CIR opponents on board with us if we support their agenda of sealing the border with Mexico and tougher enforcement of Immigration laws and e-verify system. None of this is going to harm EB, but it might convince the opponents of CIR to support an EB specific legislation.

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Friends regardless of all things we all deserve to get our GC's in a timely manner whether we are EB2 or EB3. Since we talk of spillover in all fairness there should not be any country limits in the EB System if that were the case EB3-I would race ahead. We the folks from retrogressed countries are atleast 4 years behind our ROW counterparts (PS - I have nothing against ROW friends). Another fact that most of know is that if at all spillover does go to EB3 it goes to EB3 ROW like what happened in 2008 it does not benefit EB3 I/C and with the current demand that EB3 ROW has, it is significant even in the midst of a recession it would never be literally current in the next 5 years, EB3 ROW demand till today’s date may well be 100K. So whether we are EB2 or EB3 from a retrogressed country the real issue that needs to be addressed in all fairness is the per country limits. With Eb2 moving there is a chance for EB3 with later PD's to port, I agree that the situation is bad for EB3 the only good option is to port by all means if PD is beyond mid 2002. All the best.

I totally agree with you Teddy.
Let us EB2 and EB3 come together and fight for removal of per country limit.

ImmiRam
09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
If you really want to help yourself. you shall consider PORTing to EB2. It is hard for USCIS to think that EB3 job can not find a US citenzn during this downturn

Logic is flawed. If that was the case, LC & I140 would not be approved. Same holds good for EB2.

TeddyKoochu
09-13-2010, 10:40 AM

I know exactly how it feels to be EB3, because I myself was in EB3 earlier and could not convince my employer (a very well known Europe based company), to file in EB2.

You are exactly right when you say 'Slaves to Illegals..." that is the root of all problems faced by EB. Your average American "low information voter" equates immigration relief legislation with "opening the borders with Mexico", "amnesty" and other such stuff propagated my right wing media. EB3 has no hope with current administration's stance, the political and economic climate and political makeup of both the houses of congress.

In fact, we might be able to bring CIR opponents on board with us if we support their agenda of sealing the border with Mexico and tougher enforcement of Immigration laws and e-verify system. None of this is going to harm EB, but it might convince the opponents of CIR to support an EB specific legislation.

Very true facts, also the fact that EB3-I has been languishing in 2001 is not that Eb2-I started getting spillovers since the last 2 years there are 2 broad reasons 1) 245I cases with PD of 2001 eating up all numbers 2) EB3-I not getting even its regular share of numbers in the last 2 years.

StarSun
09-13-2010, 11:11 AM

So EB2 people SHUT UP.

Is IV not working on legislative changes? Why not ask the members from your state chapter - there were a few who came to DC advocating for the very changes in the Congress!!

This has been an issue that IV has been pushing for with its members for a while now. However, members are not willing to do it even once, let alone do it on a regular basis as IV recommends!! I know you have met with the congressman and senator, and I personally helped the group with the materials and talking points, and you helped out with the powerpoint presentation - that was used by other members as well, who met with legislators. However, such efforts are too few and far apart to have the necessary impact.

You are WRONG. IV has been consistently advocating for legislative fixes as that is the only way the backlogs for countries such as India will be cleared - therefore the push for country cap elimination!! To answer your question specifically, Congress is unwilling to take up any immigration reform (illegal or legal) - and you think it is realistic to expect reform for EB3? Please do not consider that IV is against this group - I am only stating a fact.
The skill bill was introduced - where is it now?

Once again to reiterate, IV recommends for each of our members (irrespective of the category) to meet with the legislators (Representatives and Senators) in their local districts every month. Our advocacy and lobby efforts will greatly benefit if we can have an active and willing grassroot participation. However, this is not so.

Unless each of you take the time and effort to meet with legislators consistently, the wait continues...

Last week I called for members to lead the state chapters - ZERO RESPONSE. I rest my case.

regacct
09-13-2010, 11:18 AM

Unfortunately, you are not seeing the bigger picture.
Legal Immigration is sandwiched between anti-immigration and illegal immigration.

Suppose legal immigrants do align themselves with CIR opponents, what do you think the powerful Hispanic caucus is going to do?

pappu
09-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Once again to reiterate, IV recommends for each of our members (irrespective of the category) to meet with the legislators (Representatives and Senators) in their local districts every month. Our advocacy and lobby efforts will greatly benefit if we can have an active and willing grassroot participation. However, this is not so.

Unless each of you take the time and effort to meet with legislators consistently, the wait continues...

Last week I called for members to lead the state chapters - ZERO RESPONSE. I rest my case.

I agree with you.

A lot of us in EB3 are stuck because we have allowed ourselves to be stuck. Most in IV core are in EB3 and we can easily relate to the pain of EB3. However we have felt that the desperation to get greencard is not in everyone. Many are happy with their EADs. Many who do not have EADs are not really desperate to get EAD. It shows through in the action items and campaigns we run. Unless people suffer professionally or in personal life due to not having green card they do not really bother working hard for their green card. The desperation of some is only reflected as far as writing on the forum. We need more hands to actually do some meaningful work to fix this situation. Writing on the forum that you are waiting for 10 years or you are 50 years old now without a greencard does not do anything. You should be willing to do what is expected from you. The least you can do meet your lawmakers. How many of you actually came to DC in June 2010 advocacy days? We did such advocacy days after 3 years and if people cannot take 2 days off for their own cause, then I seriously doubt their so called desperation for green card they write on the forums.

Fixes for EB3 greencard quota/approvals are only legislative. There is no shortcut admin fix. If someone tells you fixes like recapture can happen just by USCIS director wanting to do so, then not only that person is ignorant, you too are naive to believe in his BS. Misguided people have tried to come up with all kinds of ideas, but once you put each idea through the microscope you will be able to assess its feasibility and if qualifies as an admin/legislative fix. The path to legislative fix is extremely tough and calls for greater activism from every member. Lets hope more EB3 folks get desperate and decide to make trips to lawmaker offices. IV is always willing to help such people and we are open to doing more lobbying days in DC. But people need to show up.

jumanji4u
09-13-2010, 02:11 PM
"United we stand, divided we fall". Lets stayed united for the real reason and purpose here and fight for the Green Cards rather than fighting against the unreasonable causes among ourselves with silly egos....Jai Ho

maveric979
09-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Why not USCIS just deny ALL EB3?
Instead of making asinine suggestions like this, suggest something positive. I myself was languishing in EB3 since 2003, and I saw that it is only going to get worse. So, I found a new job, where the employer was willing to file in EB2. I lost 3 years of my priority date since my previous labor was paper filed and had not been approved yet. So I had to start all over again.

Let me tell you another fact. A few hundred or even a few thousand spill over from EB2 will not make a noticeable difference in EB3 movement. There are simply too many applications. According to one estimate that I remember reading here, the are close to 125,000 consular processing cases for EB3 India ALONE!!

There are many other constructive things that IV is working on, but I get the feeling that you will gave an issue with all of those. If some members mention STEM grad exemption, people pounce upon on that guy, because THEY do not benefit directly from it, without realizing that queue will get shorter for those who are NOT US STEM grads. It is simple twisted mentality at work, " na khayenge, na khaney denge".

By making such suggestions you will only serve to divide the EB community and invite wrath of others.

happy Saturday
dummgelauft definitely we all will wish for your green card denial if not your citizenship is denied for sure. Every one call me sure tongue good luck with it. you are such a big AH

h1techSlave
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Why "ZERO RESPONSE" ?

EB2 does not need IV any more. If IV got dismantled today, are they going to loose any thing?

EB3 folks do not see any hope in IV. The perception among EB3 folks is that nothing good is going to come by doing every thing that IV is recommending. So why waste time and money? All IV leaders keep writing that IV is every body, but the perception among EB3 folks is not changing.

Question to you, StarSun: think how IV core can change the perception among EB3 folks? (Provided, IV core feels that they need the support of EB3 folks).

belmontboy
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Why "ZERO RESPONSE" ?

EB2 does not need IV any more. If IV got dismantled today, are they going to loose any thing?

EB3 folks do not see any hope in IV. The perception among EB3 folks is that nothing good is going to come by doing every thing that IV is recommending. So why waste time and money? All IV leaders keep writing that IV is every body, but the perception among EB3 folks is not changing.

Question to you, StarSun: think how IV core can change the perception among EB3 folks? (Provided, IV core feels that they need the support of EB3 folks).

IV is for everybody. Here are some items that IV has been involved for the benefit of entire EB community:
1.) July 2007 Fiasco. EB2 & EB3 could file for 485
2.) Two year EAD.
3.) Currently working on providing relief for folks who are waiting to file 485.
4.) work on elimination of country caps
5.) excluding dependents from numerical limits

You know rest of the action items...

Can u point to the above items that favored EB2 over EB3????

It's a shame that few folks have lost sense of IV's vision and trying to create disparity within the larger group.

SGP
09-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I sure do agree with your suggestion to increase Visa#.

h1techSlave
09-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I am not trying to say IV never did any thing. StarSun commented that when she requested for participation, there was none. So I pointed out two things, which I feel are the reasons for non-participation of members.

Do you have any other ideas, why people are not participating in IV initiatives?

IV is for everybody. Here are some items that IV has been involved for the benefit of entire EB community:
1.) July 2007 Fiasco. EB2 & EB3 could file for 485
2.) Two year EAD.
3.) Currently working on providing relief for folks who are waiting to file 485.
4.) work on elimination of country caps
5.) excluding dependents from numerical limits

You know rest of the action items...

Can u point to the above items that favored EB2 over EB3????

It's a shame that few folks have lost sense of IV's vision and trying to create disparity within the larger group.

boldm28
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
how many eb2 - eb3 volunteers or visitors are on this site after they get green cards
"ZERO" or may a few .. just going by the analogy We should have more volunteers from Eb2- green category than eb3 green cards .. something to think about . I can count atleast 50 poeple in the last 3 months getting their green cards and that last day the visit IV to gloat and wish everybody else good luck. Also the Indian mentality of "please close the door after me " reflects

maveric979
09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Lots of EB2 guys from 2007 and 2008 voted me negative because they are scared and they dont like EB3 community interfere with what is going on now but i dont care.
The main reason for this blog is to come with idea How EB3 people can benefit in long run and see if we all can start a movement to achieve the cause

1. Is EB3-I getting all their allocated Visas? for year 2009-2010 i felt they under-alloted
2. How will visa recapture help EB3 with out clearing EB2 first
3. I think removing the country limit and allocating visas to oldest PD's should help India to some extend
4. excluding dependents from numerical limits should help but still guys filed in 2007 or 2008 would take 10+ years (still down from current projection 29 years)

What is the best for EB3 in long run??

immigrationmatters30
09-14-2010, 07:46 PM
While we fight among EB2 Vs EB3. Dream act(illegal immigrants under 35) moves ahead for voting in Senate. Let us hope someone will fight for us to attach the recapture bill while we can continue with our EB2 Vs EB3 fight.

DREAM Act will be voted on by the Senate! - In The Aggregate – Arizona's political blogs (http://tucsoncitizen.com/in-the-aggregate/2010/09/14/dream-act-will-be-voted-on-by-the-senate/)

deepimpact
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Lots of EB2 guys from 2007 and 2008 voted me negative because they are scared and they dont like EB3 community interfere with what is going on now but i dont care.
The main reason for this blog is to come with idea How EB3 people can benefit in long run and see if we all can start a movement to achieve the cause

1. Is EB3-I getting all their allocated Visas? for year 2009-2010 i felt they under-alloted
2. How will visa recapture help EB3 with out clearing EB2 first
3. I think removing the country limit and allocating visas to oldest PD's should help India to some extend
4. excluding dependents from numerical limits should help but still guys filed in 2007 or 2008 would take 10+ years (still down from current projection 29 years)

What is the best for EB3 in long run??

Excluding dependents from numerical limit will actually remove all backlog within next 2-3 years. EB3-I will not see substantial movement the 1st year as most of spillover will go into making EB2-I/C and EB3-ROW current. But from FY2012 EB3-I will start seeing huge spillovers.

The 1st effect of excluding dependants from numerical limits is the backlog becomes about 40%(1/2.4). So adjusted Backlog till Aug 2007 for ;
EB2 I/C = 14K
EB3ROW = 18K
EB3-I= 24K

The 2nd effect will be spillover will get much larger:

In FY2010 EB2 I/C got about 25K from EB1,4,5 and EB2 -ROW. Assuming same demand for FY2011, the actual no. of Visas need for the categories which are current is equal to 0.4* (42K+10K+10K+35K-25K)=28.8K.
So the spillover for FY2011 will be 97K-28.8K= 68.2K

Lets assume the demand for EB2I/C per year fom 2007 to 2011 =20K.
So the total adjusted demand post Aug 2007= 4*20K*0.40 = 32K.
Total demand for EB2 I/C = Backlog till 2007 + New demand from 2007-2011 = 46K. As Spillover available is > Demand, EB2 I/C will be current.
So spillover available for EB3=22K.

So total Visa available for EB3 = 42K+22k=64K.
Since EB3-ROW is still not current, EB3-I just gets 7% of 64K~ 4.5K
Lets assume new demand for EB3-ROW post Aug2007=15K per anum.
So total adjusted demand for EB3 ROW = 18K + 4*15K*0.4 = 18K +24K=42K
Total Visa avaiolbe for EB3-ROW = 64K * 0.72= 46K

So By this calculation EB3 ROW becomes current by Sep 2011 and retrogressed EB3 countries start seeing some spillover ~4K

Since India and Mexic0 are most retrogressed lets assume both get 2K from this.
So Total Visa available for EB3-I = 6.5K. This will take PD to mid 2003.

But in FY2012 all other categories are Current. As a result EB3-I will start getting huge spillovers. EB2 I/C will still take away some spillover. Demand = 8K(20K*0.4) and supply is 5.2K.
But EB3-ROW will provide some spillover. Demad = 6K and supply is 35K.
So total visa available for EB3-I(and other retrogressed countries) ~ 68K(Spillover from EB1,4,5 &2-ROW) - 3K (used by EB2I/C) + 29K (from EB3-ROW)= 94K

Now demand for EB3 I till Sep 2012 = 24K (current backlog)- 6.5K(cleared in 2011)+ 5*15K(assuming 15K demand per year from 2007-2012)= 92.5K

Demand for China+Mexico+Phillipines = 0.4*32K(backlog till Aug2007)+ 5*10K(demand from 2007-2012)*0.4 - (4.5K+4.5K+6.5K) (cleared in 2011)= 17K

So there will be a backlog of around 16K in EB3 retrogresses countries making their PD about 2 year retrogressed.

And with spillover of 2013 all categories will be current.

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
09-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I have never ever seen IV working for only one community(Eb2 or Eb3). They are working to get relief to the whole community.

I do not know why maveric, abhishek, indianbull things that IV cannot do anything for Eb3.

IndianBull writes why is the PD movement so slow, What is IV doing?
Is IV controlling PD movement. Do you understand what you are saying here.

H1Tecslave writes that he know that IV has done something for the community in the past but questions IV why no one is comming forward to accept leadership.I ask you why don't you take leadership. No one is taking the leadership is because of the same reason as yours.

WHAT IV HAS DONE RECENTLY FOR THE COMMUNITY .... Just few months back
Read the first post on EAD RENEWAL UPDATES - TRACKING DELAYS THREAD
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum14-members-forum/1598938-ead-renewal-updates-tracking-delays.html

Then Read the post by Pappu on the 128th page. From now on everyone can work with the receipt notice of I-765 application even if their EAD's have expired.

Do not say anything to dummgelauft if you do not understand what he is saying. He is giving you the facts of this system.

Maveric, Abhishek,h1techslave, indianbull why dont you start your own "Eb3organization". You will see how difficult it is to get your voice to the congress.

I don't care if anyone says anything to me because I have already got my GC and nothing will effect me. I am here to help the community
(Eb3, Eb2 .. bla bla whoever) everyone.

immigrant2007
09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Excluding dependents from numerical limit will actually remove all backlog within next 2-3 years. EB3-I will not see substantial movement the 1st year as most of spillover will go into making EB2-I/C and EB3-ROW current. But from FY2012 EB3-I will start seeing huge spillovers.

The 1st effect of excluding dependants from numerical limits is the backlog becomes about 40%(1/2.4). So adjusted Backlog till Aug 2007 for ;
EB2 I/C = 14K
EB3ROW = 18K
EB3-I= 24K

In FY2010 EB2 I/C got about 25K from EB1,4,5 and EB2 -ROW. Assuming same demand for FY2011, the actual no. of Visas need for the categories which are current is equal to 0.4* (42K+10K+10K+35K-25K)=28.8K.

Total demand for EB2 I/C = Backlog till 2007 + New demand from 2007-2011 = 46K. As Spillover available is > Demand, EB2 I/C will be current.

So By this calculation EB3 ROW becomes current by Sep 2011 and retrogressed EB3 countries start seeing some spillover ~4K

But in FY2012 all other categories are Current. As a result EB3-I will start getting huge spillovers. EB2 I/C will still take away some spillover. Demand = 8K(20K*0.4) and supply is 5.2K.
So total visa available for EB3-I(and other retrogressed countries) ~ 68K(Spillover from EB1,4,5 &2-ROW) - 3K (used by EB2I/C) + 29K (from EB3-ROW)= 94K

Now demand for EB3 I till Sep 2012 = 24K (current backlog)- 6.5K(cleared in 2011)+ 5*15K(assuming 15K demand per year from 2007-2012)= 92.5K

Demand for China+Mexico+Phillipines = 0.4*32K(backlog till Aug2007)+ 5*10K(demand from 2007-2012)*0.4 - (4.5K+4.5K+6.5K) (cleared in 2011)= 17K

So there will be a backlog of around 16K in EB3 retrogresses countries making their PD about 2 year retrogressed.

There is a very big variable factor in your calculations.
A lot depends on when the dates of Post July-2007 filers will become current....If they become in last quarter I doubt anything would happen. I see another backlog here for Post July-2007 filers.

immigrant2007
09-14-2010, 09:52 PM
BTW nothing is going to change. Therer is no hope except wait and watch.
no one is going to UNITE and fight for this cause.
USCIS is going to keep fooling and hiding numbers from us.
So either Port to EB2 and damage chances of EB2 guys, before USCIS bans porting like labor substitution.
Pray May be There is some GOD of its dept for GCs

vicg100
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
It looks like you have got drunk with your green card. Try to be polite in forums, it will help you to in your life. People have emotions and they spit it out here. If you were in that boat you would be one of them.

vicg100
09-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I have never ever seen IV working for only one community(Eb2 or Eb3). They are working to get relief to the whole community.

I do not know why maveric, abhishek, indianbull things that IV cannot do anything for Eb3.

IndianBull writes why is the PD movement so slow, What is IV doing?
Is IV controlling PD movement. Do you understand what you are saying here.

H1Tecslave writes that he know that IV has done something for the community in the past but questions IV why no one is comming forward to accept leadership.I ask you why don't you take leadership. No one is taking the leadership is because of the same reason as yours.

WHAT IV HAS DONE RECENTLY FOR THE COMMUNITY .... Just few months back
Read the first post on EAD RENEWAL UPDATES - TRACKING DELAYS THREAD
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum14-members-forum/1598938-ead-renewal-updates-tracking-delays.html

Then Read the post by Pappu on the 128th page. From now on everyone can work with the receipt notice of I-765 application even if their EAD's have expired.

Do not say anything to dummgelauft if you do not understand what he is saying. He is giving you the facts of this system.

Maveric, Abhishek,h1techslave, indianbull why dont you start your own "Eb3organization". You will see how difficult it is to get your voice to the congress.

I don't care if anyone says anything to me because I have already got my GC and nothing will effect me. I am here to help the community
(Eb3, Eb2 .. bla bla whoever) everyone.

It looks like you have got drunk with your green card. Try to be polite in forums, it will help you to in your life. People have emotions and they spit it out here. If you were in that boat you would be one of them. :D

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
09-14-2010, 11:55 PM
It looks like you have got drunk with your green card. Try to be polite in forums, it will help you to in your life. People have emotions and they spit it out here. If you were in that boat you would be one of them. :D

You are saying
If I take IV's side it makes me impatient. If I am trying to tell people that IV is also facing the same frustration then I am impatient.

I think you have not understood what I wrote.

dummgelauft
09-15-2010, 12:43 AM
dummgelauft definitely we all will wish for your green card denial if not your citizenship is denied for sure. Every one call me sure tongue good luck with it. you are such a big AH

I am on AH, okay. You are the stuff that comes out of an AH. And since when YOU represent "all of us", scheizekopf..

maveric979
09-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Here question is not about who is on IV side and who is not. We all are the part of IV family, I dont know why people from Eb2 getting so emotional and taking it personal. Just we are saying EB3 is been looked down by USCIS and we are not getting fair quota either in Visa Allocation or Spill over or we wont be getting any thing from future changes like Visa Recapturing or dependent exclusion for many years/ until never ending EB2 filers are cleared.

People can say to change to EB2, remember its not possible for many EB3 filers even though they are well qualified for EB2 due to Employer, Economy, Financial Situation .....

IV should layout an agenda to show some light for EB3 community, We are not in fight with some EB2 greedy people and i believe they had their share.

I think some changes should happen like visa recapturing or change in spill over interpretation to get some share to eb3 or dependents exclusion .... some thing man, we can't be in limbo for ever

ronhira
09-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I think some changes should happen like visa recapturing or change in spill over interpretation to get some share to eb3 or dependents exclusion .... some thing man, we can't be in limbo for ever

and u think u can get recapture, dependents exclusion by first dividing the whole group, turning off large of people.....

i agree that eb3 dates should advance but some immature folks continue to rant turning off a sizable number..... i'm not saying this because i'm eb2...... i'm saying this becoz this approach is not helping anyone..... instead it is driving away people who would want to assist.....

generally, i stay away from this senseless discussion..... the only reason y i'm saying this is because u'r again driving away people u need to create a critical mass to cause a change....

TeddyKoochu
09-15-2010, 09:44 AM

EB2 I/C = 14K
EB3ROW = 18K
EB3-I= 24K

Excellent analysis, excluding the dependents from the cap is the sure way to have everybody approved by 2013 worst case by 2014.

maveric979
09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Why people from EB2 say we are dividing the group? we are not dividing. we are saying how can EB3 people get a fiar share of visas to get moving the PD's. At present rate to clear 2002 and 2003 will take 7-10 years. Guys understand we are bleeding bad and we need from first aid but few people saying that we need get a police complaint before we get a first aid.

In 2007 when IV community fought for the cause the PD's for EB2-2003 and EB3-2001 where are we now? why few people is getting more benfit than others? we are not asking their orginal quota of 2700 visa's we are asking a share in spill over but why do people cry for that.

sareesh
09-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Can we request USCIS to distribute Spill Over visas evenly to all Categories?
can this come under administrative change?

smuggymba
09-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Why people from EB2 say we are dividing the group? we are not dividing. we are saying how can EB3 people get a fiar share of visas to get moving the PD's. At present rate to clear 2002 and 2003 will take 7-10 years. Guys understand we are bleeding bad and we need from first aid but few people saying that we need get a police complaint before we get a first aid.

In 2007 when IV community fought for the cause the PD's for EB2-2003 and EB3-2001 where are we now? why few people is getting more benfit than others? we are not asking their orginal quota of 2700 visa's we are asking a share in spill over but why do people cry for that.

Have you emailed Senators, congressmen?

Have you talked to and visited these senators and explained your pain?

Have you donated for this cause?

Why do you hate EB2 and not EB1?

PPl want IV to use their magic wand to get GC and also don't want to contribute. IV is not god who can create magic and do wonders. If IV has done anything, it's only good for EB. Free mein kuch nahi milta, kaam karna padta hai aur kaam nahi karna to keep quiet, don't blame IV. IV has not anything bad for EB.

sareesh
09-15-2010, 10:26 AM
are you guys insterested in requesting USCIS to distribute spill over visas evenly to all EB categories?
I can talk to my lawyer regarding format and we can submit it to USCIS?
we can individually email to USCIS and see what USCIS has to say about it?

Positive
09-15-2010, 10:29 AM
It took almost 10 years for me to complete Green Card Process. A journey that started as a graduate student. - IV has always been a tremendous source of information and encouragement throughout this tough period.

I understand the frustration - infighting is NOT the solution. The best course of action would be to stay united and try to make partnerships. Here is what I think we should do.
1. IV leadership to suggest one or two Key pathways to help the community (May be visa recapture)
2. All of us take time to visit congressman's office in person (Internet activism will not help) with family or a friend who is a voter and explain what this one solution is about and how it can help us personally and the local community at large.

The objective is to stay focused on a single message and get it delivered to all stakeholders.

Good luck and stay united

immigrationmatters30
09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
What if USCIS says lets us share equally but let us start with other workers as well as they are part of the EB visas?

are you guys insterested in requesting USCIS to distribute spill over visas evenly to all EB categories?
I can talk to my lawyer regarding format and we can submit it to USCIS?
we can individually email to USCIS and see what USCIS has to say about it?

sareesh
09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
I said equally. you are not following. there is no first or last. Everyone gets a piece of cake.

immigrant2007
09-15-2010, 11:07 AM
IV is not to be blamed for not looking into our issues. They are doing thier part infact more than their part. Infact if all of us would have done even 25% of what IV does then the results would have been different. It's us who are failing ourselves and not IV. So stop blaming IV for your inactions you imbeciles, and good for nothing backloggers (including myself)

maveric979
09-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Have you emailed Senators, congressmen?
Yes sir i wrote to
Congressmen: Kenny Marchant
Senator: Kay Bailey Hutchison
Have you talked to and visited these senators and explained your pain?
No Sir i have not visited, but defnitly will see them

Have you donated for this cause?
No Sir, Have you

Why do you hate EB2 and not EB1?
I dont hate EB2 infact i have nothing to do with EB2 nor i have said any thing against EB2. All i ask is a fair share in spill over for EB3 (Guys spill over visas are unused visas from EB1 those are not EB2)

PPl want IV to use their magic wand to get GC and also don't want to contribute. IV is not god who can create magic and do wonders. If IV has done anything, it's only good for EB. Free mein kuch nahi milta, kaam karna padta hai aur kaam nahi karna to keep quiet, don't blame IV. IV has not anything bad for EB.

I am confused why should i hate EB1, they are only getting their fair share and those people are not even using them that's the reason EB2 is getting all those spill over visas.

GUYS WE ARE NOT ASKING USCIS TO GIVE ANY VISAS FROM EB2 ORGINAL ALLOCATION. WE ARE ONLY SAYING SPILLOVER FROM EB1 SHOULD BE EQUALLY DISTRIBUTED OR THE OLDEST PD'S SHOULD GET THEM

cool19403
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Dear Senetor Reid ,

Please attach EB Visa recapture bill to Dream act Or Defence bill

Please all EB2 and EB3 people send email to Reid to consider our Visa recapture bill

Here is the Email link .

E-mail Senator Reid (http://reid.senate.gov/contact/).

maveric979
09-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Dear Senetor Reid ,

Please all EB2 and EB3 people send email to Reid to consider our Visa recapture bill

Here is the Email link .

Sent an email to Senetor Reid i hope every one do that

eastindia
09-15-2010, 11:59 AM

Perfect. Now Sen. Reid will read your email and quickly change the DREAM act to include your provisons.

BTW does Sen. Ried even know what RECAPTURE means? Have you ever met him and explained it? :D:D:D:D:D

A lot of people in greencard are no good than illiterate undocumented folks. These illiterate undocumented folks are better than dumb folks like yourself. At least they got their Dream act by rallying in every city. What have you got till now by your useless emails?

satyasrd
09-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Dear Senetor Reid ,

Here is the Email link .

This sounds like a really good opportunity to get our voices heard. Could we please make this a separate thread with some common guidelines ? Like a subject line etc.

Please let's everyone unite and help ourselves out of this mess.
Thanks.

Edison99
09-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Done!
Thanks for the link...
Dear Senetor Reid ,

Here is the Email link .

willigetgc?
09-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Most of the legislators don' even know there are problems with legal immigration let alone the meaning of recapture!! Besides, sending 100 letters in a span of 100 days is like adding a drop of water to the ocean....

First, do what IV says, meet with lawmakers (many of them and many times)

Dear Senetor Reid ,

Here is the Email link .

This sounds like a really good opportunity to get our voices heard. Could we please make this a separate thread with some common guidelines ? Like a subject line etc.

Please let's everyone unite and help ourselves out of this mess.
Thanks.

seeker999
09-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I fail to understand what exactly did IV do for EB3 except treating as some kind of indirect benificiery ? I do not see any action from IV to help EB3 except treating them as someone needed to show the strength.
Part of the blame is definetly all EB3 candidates. However, till now did IV come forward with any proposal for EB3 ?

I was on the verge of donating and taking active participation. I stoped this after realizing EB3 is going nowhere with IV.

I maybe ignorant but this is my honest opinion.

anantc
09-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Sent reply To Senator.
Thanks for the Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool19403 View Post
Dear Senetor Reid ,

Here is the Email link .

E-mail Senator Reid.

smuggymba
09-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I fail to understand what exactly did IV do for EB3 except treating as some kind of indirect benificiery ? I do not see any action from IV to help EB3 except treating them as someone needed to show the strength.
Part of the blame is definetly all EB3 candidates. However, till now did IV come forward with any proposal for EB3 ?

I was on the verge of donating and taking active participation. I stoped this after realizing EB3 is going nowhere with IV.

IV's goal is not to help EB3 or EB2. Their goal is to help EB community. Most of ppl in IV core are in EB3 so think before you speak.

smuggymba
09-16-2010, 12:11 PM
EB2 is being helped because of the recession and visa spillover, which EB3 does not have.

IV works for all, EB3 is just unlucky and if we work together we will hopefully soon all benefit.

blacktongue
09-16-2010, 12:25 PM

Of course you are not only ignorant, but a stupid person who thinks he is not having his greencard because of IV. May I ask you what have you done for EB3 or even for yourself? Tell me one Senator you have talked to face to face till now? I bet you have not even had the courage to talk to your company CEO by now.

smuggymba
09-16-2010, 02:03 PM
IV does not have millions of dollars lying in its accounts to do lobbying. I would blame IV for this situation if they had millions of dollars and many lobbyists working for them and still did not get anything done. That is not the case.

go_guy123
09-16-2010, 02:05 PM

yes...skilled immigranst have better future with GOP...you see from the past history itself.

superdesi2100
09-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I understand the frustration of EB3 folks - but a similar question was asked to Ron Gotcher in October 2009 and this is what he responded:

"The rumor that you report is nonsense. The way the law works is that if there are unused numbers in a worldwide preference classification, then those numbers fall across and become available to people in the same preference classification who could not otherwise use them because of the single state limit. Numbers are not "allocated" to applicants from a specific country. Rather, all of the people in the pool of applicants who are limited by the single state limitation - in that same preference - are given access to the unused numbers. Those with the oldest priority dates, irrespective of country of birth, are given first shot. If all of the numbers go to people from the same country, then that's just how it works out.

The only transfer from one preference classification to another that is permitted by law is the situation where unused numbers from a higher preference classification "fall down" into a lower preference classification. This happens routinely between EB1 and EB2.

The only way that EB3 numbers will be made available to people from single state limited countries will be when worldwide EB3 becomes "current." There is absolutely no other way for EB2 numbers to fall down into EB3 single state limited countries. "

Rumour of: EB3 and Eb2 India and china will distribute spill over (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/pending-immigration-legislation/9486-rumour-eb3-eb2-india-china-will-distribute-spill-over.html)

This tells you that law is pretty clear on how the spillover can happen. If there is need to regroup, it is to push for all EB Categories relief, such as visa recapture.

seeker999
09-16-2010, 03:16 PM
:confused:I do not intend to degrade myself by answering to personal and derogatory comments made by some presumed elites in this thread. So, I am skipping those accusations.

To those who are in EB3, finally what’s the action item…

pappu
09-16-2010, 03:37 PM
:confused:I do not intend to degrade myself by answering to personal and derogatory comments made by some presumed elites in this thread. So, I am skipping those accusations.

To those who are in EB3, finally what’s the action item…

There is no mass action item for public right now for Dream Act/CIR/any other bill. But you can do a lot as an individual. Contact IV ImmigrationVoice.org - Contact Us (http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=76&Itemid=65) and we will guide you and include you in our ongoing current efforts.

pappu
09-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I understand the frustration of EB3 folks - but a similar question was asked to Ron Gotcher in October 2009 and this is what he responded:

"The rumor that you report is nonsense. The way the law works is that if there are unused numbers in a worldwide preference classification, then those numbers fall across and become available to people in the same preference classification who could not otherwise use them because of the single state limit. Numbers are not "allocated" to applicants from a specific country. Rather, all of the people in the pool of applicants who are limited by the single state limitation - in that same preference - are given access to the unused numbers. Those with the oldest priority dates, irrespective of country of birth, are given first shot. If all of the numbers go to people from the same country, then that's just how it works out.

The only transfer from one preference classification to another that is permitted by law is the situation where unused numbers from a higher preference classification "fall down" into a lower preference classification. This happens routinely between EB1 and EB2.

The only way that EB3 numbers will be made available to people from single state limited countries will be when worldwide EB3 becomes "current." There is absolutely no other way for EB2 numbers to fall down into EB3 single state limited countries. "

Rumour of: EB3 and Eb2 India and china will distribute spill over (http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/pending-immigration-legislation/9486-rumour-eb3-eb2-india-china-will-distribute-spill-over.html)

This tells you that law is pretty clear on how the spillover can happen. If there is need to regroup, it is to push for all EB Categories relief, such as visa recapture.

Nice one.

Who was that dumb guy that asked that question? His motive was to malign the organization that is actually trying to help his cause. But he is still ignorant and thinks by writing a post on a forum and getting a reply he can solve retrogression problem.

It is good that this lawyer replied correctly. People worship posts written by a lawyer. We tell the same thing and our naive community does not get it. Misguided EB3 folks blame their problems on IV or spend days analyzing INA and spillovers. But they will never take out few hours and meet their lawmaker or come to DC to join us in our advocacy event. This is a bitter truth and the community will continue to suffer. We need to start believing in ourselves and become more aware about advocacy. If you think someone else will do some miracle for you then you live in illusion. Most in IV core come from EB3 and understand the pain. But when I see posts from such crazies who do not really know what they are saying, I begin to wonder if our community deserves to be in this retrogression because of such inactive and ignorant folks.

seeker999
09-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Surething, thank you Pappu.

I can definetly contribute more than keyboarding ;)

I shall start with local chapter and will contact IV this week.

maveric979
09-16-2010, 03:48 PM
EB 3 Community Lets start our campaign for VB movement
Agenda should be Educating Congressman & Senators on topics like
1. EB Spill over: Request for considering a change in Spillover Interpretation, Spillover should help the Oldest PD’s rather than EB2 or EB3 ….
2. Removing Per country Limit: Within a EB category there shouldn’t be any per country limit, oldest PD ‘s should be cleared first and any unused visas in any EB Categories should flow to the oldest PDs
3. Recapturing unused Visas: Recaptured should be used to clear the oldest PD’s pending rather than distributing them from top to bottom (EB1-Unused-EB2-Unused-EB3-Unused-EB…)
All recaptured should be used to clear 1999, 2000, 01, 02, 03…..) first than clearing 2007 or 08 0r 09 …10 from EBx
4. Excluding Dependents: This should also help our EB3 community, Instead of using 2 or more visas for family then them only use 1 visa this way we will be clearing the Queue at 100 to 150% more numbers.
By achieving one or more we all can benefit. Don’t care about some jealous people crying or negative comments but let concentrate what should we do to get relief for EB3.

Step 1: email to every congress man and senators
• Can someone come with a good campaign letter explaining how eb3 is suffering and how congress man can help us my promoting any of the above suggestions
Step 2: Post a Letter with Charismas & New Year Greeting card to every congress man and senators
Step3: Send Flowers for congress man on their Birthdays with a message”Help Legal Immigration”

If someone comes with better ideas they are welcome

TeddyKoochu
09-16-2010, 04:13 PM
1. EB Spill over: Request for considering a change in Spillover Interpretation, Spillover should help the Oldest PD’s rather than EB2 or EB3 ….
2. Removing Per country Limit: Within a EB category there shouldn’t be any per country limit, oldest PD ‘s should be cleared first and any unused visas in any EB Categories should flow to the oldest PDs
3. Recapturing unused Visas: Recaptured should be used to clear the oldest PD’s pending rather than distributing them from top to bottom (EB1-Unused-EB2-Unused-EB3-Unused-EB…)
All recaptured should be used to clear 1999, 2000, 01, 02, 03…..) first than clearing 2007 or 08 0r 09 …10 from EBx
4. Excluding Dependents: This should also help our EB3 community, Instead of using 2 or more visas for family then them only use 1 visa this way we will be clearing the Queue at 100 to 150% more numbers.
By achieving one or more we all can benefit. Don’t care about some jealous people crying or negative comments but let concentrate what should we do to get relief for EB3.

• Can someone come with a good campaign letter explaining how eb3 is suffering and how congress man can help us my promoting any of the above suggestions
Step 2: Post a Letter with Charismas & New Year Greeting card to every congress man and senators
Step3: Send Flowers for congress man on their Birthdays with a message”Help Legal Immigration”

Very well compiled post and nice thoughts, I can feel your pain my friend. If even 4 is achieved that’s the least controversial it unites everybody EB2, EB3, I/C, ROW the entire backlog till today’s date will get cleared in 3 - 4 years. Friends I believe this point really needs to be moved to the top this will unify our group of legal immigrants.

seeker999
09-16-2010, 04:17 PM
There was a similar attempt made before. However, IV turned down saying this is not IV effort and will not be supported. How is this different now?

On the contrary, I believe IV should support EB3 efforts in this regard. Support for Point 1 'EB spill over’ will be good enough and easy to fight. One or two page simple and straight letter might be more effective.

smuggymba
09-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Very well compiled post and nice thoughts, I can feel your pain my friend. If even 4 is achieved that’s the least controversial it unites everybody EB2, EB3, I/C, ROW the entire backlog till today’s date will get cleared in 3 - 4 years. Friends I believe this point really needs to be moved to the top this will unify our group of legal immigrants.

would excluding dependents cause the yearly quota of GC to overflow. I mean they can only allocate a certain number as per the law, so if the dependents are not counted in EB, are you suggesting that they be counted in FB or some other quota?

If it's FB, it fine as we will be within the limit, if not FB - how will this be possible?

TeddyKoochu
09-16-2010, 04:30 PM
would excluding dependents cause the yearly quota of GC to overflow. I mean they can only allocate a certain number as per the law, so if the dependents are not counted in EB, are you suggesting that they be counted in FB or some other quota?

If it's FB, it fine as we will be within the limit, if not FB - how will this be possible?

What Iam saying hypothetically is that if they choose not to count dependents the current EB demand which maybe 600K range will collapse to say 240K range. With 140K annual allocation everybody (Who has filed labor till today’s date) gets approved in 2 years (Likely 2 years) worst case (Extreme and most pessimistic) 3 years. My definition of excluding dependents would be to count 1 family as 1 EB cap number.

However even if they try to move the dependents to FB it is still better than the current situation, atleast all dependents will be able to have EAD / AP sooner. The FB2 date is April 2010 which is almost current.

This is the only way to unify our community otherwise there will be a never ending heartburn of EB2 V/S EB3, I/C V/S ROW. Also there is no other less controversial way to clear the backlog in its entirety and to ensure that it does not happen again.

deepimpact
09-16-2010, 04:34 PM

For dependants to be excluded from count another change is necessary. Counting FB2A beneficiaries(Spuses and children of LPRs) under immediete relative category along with spouses,children and parents of USCs, since they are excempt from annual quota.
In such a case dependants of EB can be directly counted as immediate relatives without the EB primary applicant actually wait to get his GC and then file for his dependants under FB2A.

jumanji4u
09-16-2010, 04:39 PM

Very Nice My Friend

smuggymba
09-16-2010, 04:57 PM
For dependants to be excluded from count another change is necessary. Counting FB2A beneficiaries(Spuses and children of LPRs) under immediete relative category along with spouses,children and parents of USCs, since they are excempt from annual quota.
In such a case dependants of EB can be directly counted as immediate relatives without the EB primary applicant actually wait to get his GC and then file for his dependants under FB2A.

would that be an admin change or a legislative change?

baba2s
09-16-2010, 05:07 PM

Very good points .
But as Teddy said , move the points as per the possibility..
Exclude dependent in EB quota need to be the first and recapture as second because one of both may possible.

US govermnent/senators will not abolish EB categories for regular or spillovers. they want to give GC for best jobs/higher EB category first.
Yes when the demand for EB1 goes above 60K, they will/can change the law for regular quota to 60K/30k/30K..

I feel the waiting pain too. in my team too i have EB3 friends, EB2-ROW and two EB1. We saw new guys from EB1/EB2-ROW just came and enjoying the GC in less than 6 months and me and few of my friends are waiting from last 10 years. Thanks god this is my Eb2 job.

Law maker will not go by emotions.. Friends lets unite here.. Talk to your lawyer for above four options ... I am sure they will also say what may possible and what not.
Hope all my friends get green soon

abhishek101
09-16-2010, 07:10 PM

Few things for StarSun and Pappu, to get their head around.

If I am complaining in open forumn it does not mean I am stuck in any way, I am complaigning because it seems that any effort from EB3 people put in for IV is a waste. The complaing is to show that IV even after long effort by people from EB3 never goes out and talks specifically about EB3.

IV's plan is simple put Eb3 numbers in powerpoints but talk supporting EB category. And that has resulted again and again EB3 getting relegated to the last and never getting any help.

Now to answer your responses and please try to give something more than the canned responses you have:

1. Last year we at Northern CA chapter were trying to meet the Senators and after waiting for 2 weeks the IV core (or whatever it is) could not even provide a single power point. If you have done so much advocacy why not even a single document that we could use?

2. You talk about legistlative fixes ( I have to not seen a single one from you) but can you tell a single one that has helped specifically EB3 to reduce backlog (Actual backlog not mainitaining the status). No you cannot (Making generic statements like we have tried and advocated does not meen any results it just means BS)

3. Last week two of us in Eb3 in North CA tried to meet senator but no Eb2 or anybody stepped up and neither did IV core.

Now let's get DC bug out of way, I did not go there (My MBA was starting the same week), but I saw the agenda and the paperwork and it did not get me excited because in the end it would not have done anything for EB3. It is called a dog and pony show politicians do it and IV core does it, both are equally useless for EB3.

My problem with IV is simple whenever someone from EB3 says anything to help the category there are two standard responses from IV CORE

1. While EB2 has been helped by various fof our efforts we cannot do anything to help EB3 till you all agree to climb Mount Everest.

2. Since you are not climbing Mount Everest stop complaigning and go away ( but do contrubute the money).

What I would love is for IV core to step up and say we understand that EB3 is more of a problem and lets sit down and fix it first, more so that other Eb categories.

(please no standard response like legistlators do not understand Eb categories or a variation of those)

reddymjm
09-16-2010, 07:22 PM
I second Abhishek.

maveric979
09-16-2010, 07:38 PM

If I am complaining in open forumn it does not mean I am stuck in any way, I am complaigning because it seems that any effort from EB3 people put in for IV is a waste. The complaing is to show that IV even after long effort by people from EB3 never goes out and talks specifically about EB3.

IV's plan is simple put Eb3 numbers in powerpoints but talk supporting EB category. And that has resulted again and again EB3 getting relegated to the last and never getting any help.

Now to answer your responses and please try to give something more than the canned responses you have:

1. Last year we at Northern CA chapter were trying to meet the Senators and after waiting for 2 weeks the IV core (or whatever it is) could not even provide a single power point. If you have done so much advocacy why not even a single document that we could use?

2. You talk about legistlative fixes ( I have to not seen a single one from you) but can you tell a single one that has helped specifically EB3 to reduce backlog (Actual backlog not mainitaining the status). No you cannot (Making generic statements like we have tried and advocated does not meen any results it just means BS)

3. Last week two of us in Eb3 in North CA tried to meet senator but no Eb2 or anybody stepped up and neither did IV core.

Now let's get DC bug out of way, I did not go there (My MBA was starting the same week), but I saw the agenda and the paperwork and it did not get me excited because in the end it would not have done anything for EB3. It is called a dog and pony show politicians do it and IV core does it, both are equally useless for EB3.

My problem with IV is simple whenever someone from EB3 says anything to help the category there are two standard responses from IV CORE

1. While EB2 has been helped by various fof our efforts we cannot do anything to help EB3 till you all agree to climb Mount Everest.

2. Since you are not climbing Mount Everest stop complaigning and go away ( but do contrubute the money).

What I would love is for IV core to step up and say we understand that EB3 is more of a problem and lets sit down and fix it first, more so that other Eb categories.

(please no standard response like legistlators do not understand Eb categories or a variation of those)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To solve the EB3 problem all we need is guidance and willingness from other EB3 fellows to participate in the movement. If IV core help us this would become little easy.

I always believe when one person start its beginning and when other person join it will become discussion and when third person join it becomes a team when fourth and fifth person join it becomes a community discussion when whole community join it will become a movement.

Here we need a EB3 movement with tight agenda, unless we start we can't achieve the goal. I believe at this time still we are in the beginning. We need more EB3 people come with Ideas and start it as a movement.

"Can some one come up with a good 1 or 2 pages letter to start a email campaign" Can some do this???????

Nothing we get blaming IV Core for not helping EB3, but they have done some great things we should appreciate their effort. If they come up and lead this that would be great news for all of us.

smuggymba
09-16-2010, 08:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To solve the EB3 problem all we need is guidance and willingness from other EB3 fellows to participate in the movement. If IV core help us this would become little easy.

I always believe when one person start its beginning and when other person join it will become discussion and when third person join it becomes a team when fourth and fifth person join it becomes a community discussion when whole community join it will become a movement.

Here we need a EB3 movement with tight agenda, unless we start we can't achieve the goal. I believe at this time still we are in the beginning. We need more EB3 people come with Ideas and start it as a movement.

"Can some one come up with a good 1 or 2 pages letter to start a email campaign" Can some do this???????

Nothing we get blaming IV Core for not helping EB3, but they have done some great things we should appreciate their effort. If they come up and lead this that would be great news for all of us.

god job, keep up the good work. Do only email and letter campaigns, that would help a lot.

eb3retro
09-16-2010, 08:48 PM
very well written abishek. excellent points. Here is where I disagree with you, all said and done, I do not know of one single organisation here in the US who can help alleviate the issues faced by Legal employment based immigrants other than IV. Thats one of the reason I have hopes on IV more than anyone else. Personally for me (being stuck with Jan 03) PD, IV helped me in 2 ways..

1) July 07 fiasco which helped me get EAD and kick start my career after rotting for full 6 years in a single stagnant position where the employer knew that I was waiting for GC and was exploiting it to the fullest meanest way.

2) Any immigration related questions - I can get answers here in IV. Like for eg, I file my EAD renewal or AP renewal myself all with the help of good people here in IV.

Every time people tell me to go meet the lawmakers (which I did in the past), I feel like its a useless task especially with we (legal immigrants) being in the mercy of CIR and illegal immigrants. Here is a classic example, when I was in DC couple of years ago, attending the rally conducted by IV, there was a congressman (I don't remember his name) who came on to the stage and started talking about immigration reform (read it as illegal). Even after such a big rally, even after so much of meeting with the lawmakers IV (ie we all) are not able to clearly articulate the issues faced by legal immigrants to the lawmakers. Either they don't understand or they don't WANT to understand. I am not sure what is it. I strongly don't feel meeting lawmakers single handedly will make any change. As someone said here, it should be a movement. Screaming baby gets attention, same is the case here. Illegal immigrants make a lot of noise and they get all attention. And thats why this needs to come as a movement and not a single person task item. Hope it makes sense. Sorry if I offended anyone here. My intention is not that. I am just a damn EB3 candidate rotting in the GC queue after almost 9 years of starting this process.

Chris Rock
09-16-2010, 09:14 PM

Last September, I started a thread "EB3 India only need IV help". Many people did not agree with me. Here we are and we still talk the same thing.

One thing for all EB3 India guys to remember:

Any measure that benefit the whole EB community either involves increasing visa or country cap removal. These are tough to pass in this climate. EB3 India problems can be solved without those controversial law changes.

This is just my thinking. I am not advocating anything. Take it or leave it.

Discalimer: I am mentally prepared for GC in 2015. I have nothing to loose.

Administrator2
09-16-2010, 09:34 PM
First things first, we have said it before and we will say it again. There is nothing called change in "spillover rule". Spillover issue is a myth stirred by some lawyer. We live in the world where we tend to look for simple answers to explain complicated problems. So it is easy to blame all our problems of backlogs on "spillover rule", which is not true.

We have verified it from other lawyers and they have told us that the current allocation is within the legal boundary and discretion of DOS. If anyone feels otherwise, please go and get your own paid consultation or file your own lawsuit. IV will not be part of such a lawsuit because we have already done our homework and we know that there is no standing for such a lawsuit. It’s a tough economy. Therefore, if by chance a lawyer tells you that he is willing to file a lawsuit, it doesn’t imply that there is merit to the case. Lawyer taking up a case just means that the specific lawyer is trying to make an extra buck or maybe the lawyer would get some publicity, which could help increasing the business. Lawyers are in the business of filing lawsuits and there is nothing bad about that. But we have to protect ourselves and be smart about picking up our fights which we can win.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. If anyone here feels violated by “spillover rule change”, which frankly doesn’t exist, then why don’t you file a lawsuit on DOS/USCIS? Based on what we know, it is not hard to figure out the outcome. IV understands and shares the pain of everyone in the backlogs and that we stand with everyone stuck on the backlog. This is not just a pretty slogan. Each day a group of good men stand together with everyone in backlog. Instead of working with IV in meeting with the lawmakers, it is not just unwise but wrong to find ways to blame these men for the backlogs and for the more severe situation for Eb3. We give clear and unbiased answers about the situation on the ground. You may not like our answers but it is what it is. We share with you the way it is rather than sugarcoating the situation.

IV continues to have direct communications/discussions with DOS regarding visa allocation. Each time we push DOS about fair visa allocation. DOS has repeatedly confirmed (multiple times) that the current application of the visa allocation is within the law and allocation is happening as it should. “Spillover” issue is like a wild goose chase and IV will discourage all its members not to waste their time on this.

Administrator2
09-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Last September, I started a thread "EB3 India only need IV help". Many people did not agree with me. Here we are and we still talk the same thing.

One thing for all EB3 India guys to remember:

Any measure that benefit the whole EB community either involves increasing visa or country cap removal. These are tough to pass in this climate. EB3 India problems can be solved without those controversial law changes.

This is just my thinking. I am not advocating anything. Take it or leave it.

Discalimer: I am mentally prepared for GC in 2015. I have nothing to loose.

Thanks Chris Rock. Please share your ideas to solve EB3 problems without controversial law changes. Maybe there is a way. We are always looking for practical ideas.

seeker999
09-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Does this mean no spilover or that the spilover helps the oldest PD’s.

My only wish is to get my greencard earlier than the just out intern whom I helped drop off at work and mentor for his first job search and at work...not a too big thing to ask I guess..:)

mxh72c
09-16-2010, 10:01 PM
I agree we cannot ask USCIS to go against the law. But on the flip side we can definitely ask them to enforce the laws on the books. There is a major abuse going on in EB2 category. Majority of the I-140s being certified as EB2 are really not EB2 jobs. DOL and USCIS need to ensure that the job really requires Masters degree. They need to check the credentials of all the employees in the applicant's company doing the similar type of job. The spill over is not coming to EB3 as per the law due to abuse of the EB2 rules. Even if half the people are correctly restated from EB2, it will go a long way in ensuring the spillover to EB3. Are we ready to talk about this? After all we want the laws to be followed. As somebody has said earlier, that there is a reason the EB categories have been stipulated by Congress.

Administrator2
09-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Does this mean no spilover or that the spilover helps the oldest PD’s.

My only wish is to get my greencard earlier than the just out intern whom I helped drop off at work and mentor for his first job search and at work...not a too big thing to ask I guess..:)

I don't think you are for real. Did you not read what I wrote in my post above about spillover? Repeating it again will not make any difference, will it?

No, it’s not too much to ask for fairness. So did you ask your lawyer whom you have paid thousands of dollars? Did you ask you employer for whom you create wealth? Please do ask them and tell them that it’s not too much to ask, will you? I'm sure everyday you ask these these questions from your lawyer and employer.

Why do you think you are entitled to ask anything from IV? Just because a group of good men stand together in their sincere work on this issue, you think you have license to throw mud at them? Is that what it is?

Obnoxious post doesn't entitle you to anything. Generally, we ignore such posts, but sometimes it’s necessary to respond to folks such as yourself.

Please do keep us posted with you speak with President Obama to fix the problem for everyone here.

Administrator2
09-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I agree we cannot ask USCIS to go against the law. But on the flip side we can definitely ask them to enforce the laws on the books. There is a major abuse going on in EB2 category. Majority of the I-140s being certified as EB2 are really not EB2 jobs. DOL and USCIS need to ensure that the job really requires Masters degree. They need to check the credentials of all the employees in the applicant's company doing the similar type of job. The spill over is not coming to EB3 as per the law due to abuse of the EB2 rules. Even if half the people are correctly restated from EB2, it will go a long way in ensuring the spillover to EB3. Are we ready to talk about this? After all we want the laws to be followed. As somebody has said earlier, that there is a reason the EB categories have been stipulated by Congress.

Again, we understand and share the pain with long wait times, but its not fair to pass blanket statements that majority of Eb2 applications do not merit approval. I understand your frustration but I hope you understand that CIS adjudicators are applying the same scrutiny and the applicable law on applications before approving. There is a standing law. CIS is tasked to apply that law. How can anyone claim that "majority of eb2 certifications are not really eb2 jobs" without looking at majority of the applications. Again, we feel your pain but please do not let your frustration impair your judgment. Because your application is pending for long time doesn't mean that those getting approvals are all fraud. Please get a grip on your emotions because this is not helping anyone.

Some folks are arguing the spillover to Eb3 is is not happening because more numbers are allocated to Eb2, which is illegal. Now you are saying that there is Eb2 abuse the majority of people in Eb2 don't deserve to be in Eb2, which is preventing spillover to Eb3. I am sure some folks can come up with 100 different reasons or combinations that are preventing "spillover".

Even if you don't want to listen to this, but for the millionth time, there is no problem with the spillover. You may not like someone telling you this, but it is what it is. Running after an issue which doesn't exist in the first place, this "spillover theory" is not going to solve the problem. You can talk and think about it for as long as you want, but this will not solve anything.

seeker999
09-16-2010, 10:25 PM
I do have good regard for IV. No question there is some effort in all directions. However, overall I feel there can be much done for EB3.

Ok forget my opinion. I have a straight question for existing EB3 members maveric979,abhishek101.

Do you want me to donate my $100 to IV now or save it ?

NOTE: This is by all means taking opinion of existing EB3 members only and no intent to insult anyone.

Administrator2
09-16-2010, 10:32 PM
I strongly don't feel meeting lawmakers single handedly will make any change. As someone said here, it should be a movement. Screaming baby gets attention, same is the case here. Illegal immigrants make a lot of noise and they get all attention. And thats why this needs to come as a movement and not a single person task item. Hope it makes sense.

eb3retro,

You are absolutely correct. Even a mom feeds milk to the crying sibling. Meeting lawmakers and telling about out issues is the only way to tell our problems. Bad economy further complicate our issues. But we have to stand up for ourselves, each one of us, and we have to meet with the lawmakers. That is how the democracy works. There is no easy way out, there is no silver bullet. But even when its a slow process, the system actually works as long as each one of us in sincere in doing our share in the movement.

Administrator2
09-16-2010, 10:40 PM
I do have good regard for IV. No question there is some effort in all directions. However, overall I feel there can be much done for EB3.

Ok forget my opinion. I have a straight question for existing EB3 members maveric979,abhishek101.

NOTE: This is by all means taking opinion of existing EB3 members only and no intent to insult anyone.

Contribution is an expression of support of ideas. seeker999, save your $100 and keep it with you. We don't need your money. We know who you are. We also know that you are simply taking advantage of the frustration of the people in Eb3.

Just passing blanket statement like "overall I feel there can be much done for EB3" doesn't mean anything. Why don't you say preciously what more can be done?

abhishek101
09-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Now again we are back to spillover and all, I was not talking this at all I was talking an EB3 agenda. Let me explain:

For the kids of Illegal immigrants there are two paths one get everybody a path to legalization or find a new solution. People found a DREAM act and that specifically handled the kids of illegals nothing to do with the parents.

With IV in leadership approach would be talk to legistlators get path to legalization , something like DREAM will never come out.

Similarly for EB3 lets see let me propose few creative solutions:

1. If your 485 is pending for 5+ years (you automatically qualify to get a GC number)
2. if you have been in country for 10 years on workpermit and been in GC process for 5 years (you get ahead of line for visa numbers)
3. One time releif for people in EB category that have been in GC process for more than 6-7 years.

These are different solutions may be not all very smart but they think outside the spillover and all or nothing approach. If children on illegals can get considerate treatement why not legals stuck in limbo, it is about highlighting the story.

IV always dilutes EB3 pains by mixing it with EB and hence nothing happens.

I was hoping that IV core can understand but ALAS all waste, because as I said before they will do nothing to help EB3.

maveric979
09-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Contribution is an expression of support of ideas. seeker999, save your $100 and keep it with you. We don't need your money. We know who you. We also know that you are simply taking advantage of the frustration of people in Eb3.

Just passing blanket statement like "overall I feel there can be much done for EB3" doesn't mean anything. Why don't you say preciously what more can be done?

seeeker999 its a good thing donating $100 to IV, they are going to use it for the good purpose of this community. In fact i encourage every one to donate, these people are the reason at-least lots of us are enjoying EAD. They have done some great things till today and they will continue to do it. I have no question about it.
The reason i started this blog is not to fight with IV core, to work with them and with you all participants to come out with good solution to help ourself achieve the dream card.

Administrator2, Pappu, Anu ... can you all help in planning the agenda that can help EB3 visa movement? what do you guys think that would work? what can we all do?

deepimpact
09-16-2010, 11:53 PM
seeeker999 its a good thing donating $100 to IV, they are going to use it for the good purpose of this community. In fact i encourage every one to donate, these people are the reason at-least lots of us are enjoying EAD. They have done some great things till today and they will continue to do it. I have no question about it.
The reason i started this blog is not to fight with IV core, to work with them and with you all participants to come out with good solution to help ourself achieve the dream card.

Administrator2, Pappu, Anu ... can you all help in planning the agenda that can help EB3 visa movement? what do you guys think that would work? what can we all do?

For a starter take a look at the STRIVE Act sponsored by Rep Jeff Flake some time ago. It had more or less same items as the SKIL Act bill like Exemption for STEM/dependants not being counted/increase Quota to 290K. But it proposed a distribution of the 290K EB visa which was more favorable for EB3. According to it EB1 and 2 will get 15% of 290K whereas EB3 will get 35% of 290K (more than double of what it gets).

Administrator2
09-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Now again we are back to spillover and all, I was not talking this at all I was talking an EB3 agenda. Let me explain:

For the kids of Illegal immigrants there are two paths one get everybody a path to legalization or find a new solution. People found a DREAM act and that specifically handled the kids of illegals nothing to do with the parents.

With IV in leadership approach would be talk to legistlators get path to legalization , something like DREAM will never come out.

1. If your 485 is pending for 5+ years (you automatically qualify to get a GC number)
2. if you have been in country for 10 years on workpermit and been in GC process for 5 years (you get ahead of line for visa numbers)
3. One time releif for people in EB category that have been in GC process for more than 6-7 years.

These are different solutions may be not all very smart but they think outside the spillover and all or nothing approach. If children on illegals can get considerate treatement why not legals stuck in limbo, it is about highlighting the story.

I was hoping that IV core can understand but ALAS all waste, because as I said before they will do nothing to help EB3.

abhishek101,

Please be patient. I was writing response to your previous post. Just because you wrote a post doesn't mean that someone must respond to you within few minutes or else, the only inference you must derive is that no one has the brains to understand your post. Please be respectful towards others. When I'm responding to your post, I'm not selling my service. We are all volunteers so please be patient or take this attitude somewhere else.

One more thing, if I can be as blunt as your post, your creative ideas offer nothing new. If you think your creative ideas are so good then why didn't you get them done till now? This concept of Eb3 v/s Eb is not only flawed but it’s completely dumb. Did it ever occur to you that movement of dates could be by design and not because CIS/DOS doesn’t know the law or they don’t know the size of the backlogs? CIS/DOS is using their legal discretion in the system. Everyday we see folks here finding "loopholes" in INA, or trying to analyze INA to file lawsuit on DOS or some folks are busy with half baked numbers to prove that DOS is not doing their job. You cannot threaten someone when asking for relief. If you are so smart, can’t you see that in a bad economy with high unemployment, will the majority Congress pass fixes only for bachelors degree holders i.e. Eb3? Given the situation, it is suicidal to go with differentiation strategy for Eb3 when all along the pitch has been that everyone Eb is highly skilled with higher education etc. And the EB pitch of high skilled and highly educated works to the advantage of Eb3, doesn't it? Just because you are in pain doesn’t mean you can go on rampage.

Now don't give the crap that you are doing MBA or you have masters but your employer filed in Eb3. I'm writing considering most pending applications in Eb3, which is how decision makers/Congress would look at things. Getting smart with me will not help you a bit.

Before I forget, IV core is not going to baby feed you. You are a grown up man. Why do you want IV core to accompany you to speak for you with the office of the Senator. You had marked in red that no one from IV core accompanied you for the meeting. IV core have had more than 3000 meetings with the lawmakers. Where were you during those 3000 meetings when we were speaking for issues affecting you? Take this attitude somewhere else.

baba2s
09-17-2010, 08:34 AM

Again very good points but not a smart move..
Think and decide.
In this bad economy and high unemployment rate, above will only week our cases more. EB don't have political support like illegals.

Whatever you demand must be for all EB community.. US govt. least care about lower categories. They are happy that all VISA# are getting used for HIGHER category first..
Ask for
1. Double EB visa quota from 140K to 280K ( eventually all excesses will come to EB3 )
2. Recapture to eliminate the backlog ( will indirectly help EB3)
3. Remove country limit.. it causing delay for few countries . ( In same category some are getting GC in 6 months and some are waiting for 5-8 years)
Also Remember there is no country limit in H1B. Country limit need to be in FB and not in EB.

Administrator2
09-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Think and decide.
In this bad economy and high unemployment rate, above will only week our cases more. EB don't have political support like illegals.

Whatever you demand must be for all EB community.. US govt. least care about lower categories. They are happy that all VISA# are getting used for HIGHER category first..
Ask for
1. Double EB visa quota from 140K to 280K ( eventually all excesses will come to EB3 )
3. Remove country limit.. it causing delay for few countries . ( In same category some are getting GC in 6 months and some are waiting for 5-8 years)
Also Remember there is no country limit in H1B. Country limit need to be in FB and not in EB.

There is no higher or lower category. Neither is it true that the entire US government is sitting in one room to conspire against Eb3. Anybody can post anything on a open forum. It doesn't mean anything more than the expression of frustration of that one individual. Sometime we get a feeling that a select few who pose as Eb2 and sometimes as eb3, deliberately fan the frustration of those stuck in long waits. The world would function just fine without your post. But you had to poke fun at others with this lower and higher class. Such characterization is very much insensitive. Stop this mentality of "I'm better than everyone else", because the reality is that no one is better than anyone. All men are created equal and we are all in this together.

If you cannot digest honest and frank conversation, then at least act in a manner which the reflection of the higher education you seem to posses when you applied for Eb2. The concept of expression of unity does not start from your post, it starts from your thinking. There is no need to list the provisions saying that recapture or exemption is just one line of no-nonsense easy provision. Nothing is easy. If anybody out there thinks anything is easy then we suggest you please get it done for the rest of us. And please, please be sensitive to the feelings of each others. Instead of hiding behind the anonymity of please at least try to behave as normal humans behave towards each other.

reddymjm
09-17-2010, 10:26 AM
First things first, we have said it before and we will say it again. There is nothing called change in "spillover rule". Spillover issue is a myth stirred by some lawyer. We live in the world where we tend to look for simple answers to explain complicated problems. So it is easy to blame all our problems of backlogs on "spillover rule", which is not true.

We have verified it from other lawyers and they have told us that the current allocation is within the legal boundary and discretion of DOS. If anyone feels otherwise, please go and get your own paid consultation or file your own lawsuit. IV will not be part of such a lawsuit because we have already done our homework and we know that there is no standing for such a lawsuit. It’s a tough economy. Therefore, if by chance a lawyer tells you that he is willing to file a lawsuit, it doesn’t imply that there is merit to the case. Lawyer taking up a case just means that the specific lawyer is trying to make an extra buck or maybe the lawyer would get some publicity, which could help increasing the business. Lawyers are in the business of filing lawsuits and there is nothing bad about that. But we have to protect ourselves and be smart about picking up our fights which we can win.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. If anyone here feels violated by “spillover rule change”, which frankly doesn’t exist, then why don’t you file a lawsuit on DOS/USCIS? Based on what we know, it is not hard to figure out the outcome. IV understands and shares the pain of everyone in the backlogs and that we stand with everyone stuck on the backlog. This is not just a pretty slogan. Each day a group of good men stand together with everyone in backlog. Instead of working with IV in meeting with the lawmakers, it is not just unwise but wrong to find ways to blame these men for the backlogs and for the more severe situation for Eb3. We give clear and unbiased answers about the situation on the ground. You may not like our answers but it is what it is. We share with you the way it is rather than sugarcoating the situation.

IV continues to have direct communications/discussions with DOS regarding visa allocation. Each time we push DOS about fair visa allocation. DOS has repeatedly confirmed (multiple times) that the current application of the visa allocation is within the law and allocation is happening as it should. “Spillover” issue is like a wild goose chase and IV will discourage all its members not to waste their time on this.

SPILL OVER LAW NEVER CHANGED then why only the spill is going to EB2 only from 2008. Before that EB3 was also getting the spill. Did we irritate USCIS or some of them went and sat under the Bodhi tree.

cool19403
09-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Think and decide.

Ask for
T All,

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has scheduled a vote on the Dept. of Defense Authorization bill for Tuesday afternoon, and it's likely the DREAM Act Amnesty will be attached to it as an amendment. Call Your SENATORS NOW and urge them to Add visa recapture. The number for the Capitol switchboard is (202) 224-3121. Ask for your Senator's office extension and tell them Add VISA Recapture bill to Defence bill
(Un used Green cards for Emploment based leagal immigrants)

iak1973
09-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Sent below text...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir;

Sub: Add H.R.5882 Employment Based VISA recapture bill to DREAM ACT or Defence Bill

I am seeking permanent residency in United States thru employment based immigration visa (H1B) and applied for Green card.

With the current backlog dates, this process going to take substantial amount of time (more than 10 years in some cases), and hurting families, small business owners, and economy.

I would urge you to consider adding bill H.R.5882 to DREAM ACT or Defence Bill.

Regards
xxxx

Bill Text - 110th Congress (2007-2008) - THOMAS (Library of Congress) (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.5882:)

(H.R.5882 -- To recapture employment-based immigrant visas lost to bureaucratic delays and to prevent losses of family- and employment-based immigrant visas in the future. (Introduced in House - IH)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator2
09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
SPILL OVER LAW NEVER CHANGED then why only the spill is going to EB2 only from 2008. Before that EB3 was also getting the spill. Did we irritate USCIS or some of them went and sat under the Bodhi tree.

Your question is framed as a setup. Its like asking – why do you steal from the grocery store? The basic assumption in your question is that all the visa numbers are going to Eb2. If you have already made this assumption then you will not listen to whatever I’ve to say to you. Then what is it that you want me to tell you to convince you? I’ve already explained this above. Asking the same question again will not change my answer. You may not like my answer, but facts are not governed by our liking and disliking.

Just because we are sincerely working to fix the flawed system doesn’t give anyone a license to bullshit around. Why are you asking IV about so called “spillover”? If you feel so strongly then why don’t you ask your employer and lawyer about fixing this so called “spillover issue” for you? You are creating wealth for your employer, aren’t you? You have paid thousands of dollars to your lawyer, haven’t you? Why not ask them to this fantasy issue of “spillover” for you. Why not ask the legal opinion from your lawyer? I’m sure in this bad economy you can easily find a lawyer willing to file a lawsuit on CIS and be interested in making lot of money and publicity from your pain.. Please go right ahead. If you feel violated by CIS, why are you simply posting anonymously on the web? Why don’t you file a lawsuit? The thing is that most people here already realize that filing a lawsuit will not fix anything because there is no violation of the existing law. We all may not like the long delays but the delays are because of the existing laws. We have explored every option and we know that the court will side with CIS. That is why we ask for change in the law. Now you can continue to ask me the same question for as many times as you want, but you will get a consistent response.

Administrator2
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Sent below text...

Dear Sir;

Sub: Add H.R.5882 Employment Based VISA recapture bill to DREAM ACT or Defence Bill

I am seeking permanent residency in United States thru employment based immigration visa (H1B) and applied for Green card.

With the current backlog dates, this process going to take substantial amount of time (more than 10 years in some cases), and hurting families, small business owners, and economy.

I would urge you to consider adding bill H.R.5882 to DREAM ACT or Defence Bill.

Regards
xxxx

Bill Text - 110th Congress (2007-2008) - THOMAS (Library of Congress) (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.5882:)

(H.R.5882 -- To recapture employment-based immigrant visas lost to bureaucratic delays and to prevent losses of family- and employment-based immigrant visas in the future. (Introduced in House - IH)

Please stop posting these unorganized untargetted badly worded messages, as if you are writing to your buddy next door. Nothing gets done by sending such unorganized emails at the last minute. You cannot continue to talk about spillover and argue about who is better, eb2 or eb3, for most part of your time here and in the end send totally unorganized messages expecting something in bill. This is a recipe for disaster because in their mind most people would think that sending such unorganized messages will be enough to fix their problem. And when nothing will get done, this same lot of spillover crowd will come back blaming IV for not getting them green cards. Please, please stop acting like bunch of kids in kinder-garden.

Don't think that Senator Reid or someone simply forgot to include recapture or exemption provision when they were working to include DREAM act. And now, just because someone will send couple of random emails, Sen. Reid will realize his mistake ending up including recapture, exemption or country limits removal provision. That is not how things work.

If you like talking about spillover, lawsuits and who is better, I can tell you with fair degree of confidence that we will all be stuck here for many many years of our lives. It is your choice. Don't blame us for things most people are not willing to do for themselves.

pallavan
09-17-2010, 12:40 PM

GreenCard for 100$ ? Boy thats crazy cheap !!

immigrant2007
09-17-2010, 01:30 PM

bodhi tree is a good one

ImmiRam
09-17-2010, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Administrator2;1986021] Nothing gets done by sending such unorganized emails at the last minute. QUOTE]

How do you know this? Did you just 'assume' that? Your posts has a attitude of 'i-know-everything' and 'everyone-else-is-crap'

I had started a new thread yesterday urging people to send message to Whitehouse/Obama. Someone removed the Thread without sending me a mesasge or letting me know why. The seniors folks here/admins are acting like Babus from Govt office. I see a pattern where if someone talks about EB3, most of the Senior folks gang up on them. This is a shame, I am really having thoughts about what IV stands for. I know what will be response to this post " If you dont lke IV , then dont bother" or " we dont need you" .

cin45220
09-17-2010, 03:21 PM
From this thread, it’s evident that most of the IV members are Indians...

Not doing anything and criticizing people who are attempting to do something for the cause….

I just luv maverick’s comments (that’s a cool username buddy! Where did you find that? So unique)

Moreover, there is Administator2 – the guy who knows everything under the sun regarding immigration and the process to reform it ..

Both of you guys will make a great team.

I think both of you guys should attend Jon Stewart/Colbert rally in DC – Rally to Restore Sanity. This will help IV....

(Come on, no expletives please! We are all EB2 & EB3 here - well educated & adding VALUE to US economy)

-CinBoy

chmur
09-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I appreciate the work IV has done in the past ...and I am sure whatever IV is planning now is good for this community at large.

It is also a fact that EB3 is feeling the pain acutely and it's frustration may be misdirected at IV core . Probably it is what it is ..just wait for 2-5 years more for EB3...life is not fair

But please appreciate where there frustration is coming from and especially since IV core is held to higher standard than rest of us , please refrain from the brow beating rest of them . Why cannot you ignore messages that in IV's opinion are noise .

IV's power in the circles of "power-that-be" is it being considered true grassroot organization..this kind of alienation and attitude may damage that.

green_mile
09-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Your question is framed as a setup. Its like asking – why do you steal from the grocery store? The basic assumption in your question is that all the visa numbers are going to Eb2. If you have already made this assumption then you will not listen to whatever I’ve to say to you. Then what is it that you want me to tell you to convince you? I’ve already explained this above. Asking the same question again will not change my answer. You may not like my answer, but facts are not governed by our liking and disliking.

Just because we are sincerely working to fix the flawed system doesn’t give anyone a license to bullshit around. Why are you asking IV about so called “spillover”? If you feel so strongly then why don’t you ask your employer and lawyer about fixing this so called “spillover issue” for you? You are creating wealth for your employer, aren’t you? You have paid thousands of dollars to your lawyer, haven’t you? Why not ask them to this fantasy issue of “spillover” for you. Why not ask the legal opinion from your lawyer? I’m sure in this bad economy you can easily find a lawyer willing to file a lawsuit on CIS and be interested in making lot of money and publicity from your pain.. Please go right ahead. If you feel violated by CIS, why are you simply posting anonymously on the web? Why don’t you file a lawsuit? The thing is that most people here already realize that filing a lawsuit will not fix anything because there is no violation of the existing law. We all may not like the long delays but the delays are because of the existing laws. We have explored every option and we know that the court will side with CIS. That is why we ask for change in the law. Now you can continue to ask me the same question for as many times as you want, but you will get a consistent response.

By reading the above post I got a sense that spill over is just a myth? is it?
If there is no spill over and no change in visa allocation(what ever from 2008) what unfair EB3 folks are talking about?
Also few things can be done by lobbying not just by law suits, it is my humble opinion if IV core thinks if they are willing to lead another effort of reaching the law makers/USCIS , I am sure most of the members might support it.

correct me if I am wrong.

xyzgc
09-18-2010, 05:28 PM
EB3-I - a practical suggestion is to considering porting your PD by changing employers- while continuing to work for the greater good. . Got my gc pretty quickly that way - almost 2 yrs back. Initially got lot of criticism for jumping the line - now many have become expert long jumpers :)

Look at Sep approvals thread.
You'll find many "porters" then, no pun intended. Its no use discussing "spillover" vs "no spillover" and annoying the IV leads unnecessarily.

ArkBird
09-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Let's put it this way, we don't have the critical mass to support our efforts. Politicians don't have to worry that if they don't fix the legal immigration problem, all the geeks, nerds & academicians will stop voting for them but in the case of illegals, if they don't use the word CIR every 2-3 sentences, they will lose the powerful Latino vote bank.

What we have here is "compound fracture" of the legal immigration system. We cannot just concentrate on healing the fracture without worrying about the immediate pain and at the same time treating short term pain should not distract us from the ultimate goal i.e. healing the fracture hurting legal immigration system.

Things like:

- Multi Year EAD and AP
- Official clarification on AC21 rule. What we can and can't do.
- Ability to file I-485 and get the benefits of EAD/AP if it has been X months/years since your I-140 was approved.
- Removal of same/similar job condition after X months/years of pending I-485

Most of these are administrative fix which Babus in DC can do and don't need politicians' blessing. While we visit the doctor (Law makers) on a regular basis to get the "fracture" fixed. and this wait will be less painful/stressful.

green_mile
09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
You are wrong.

Did you even read what administrator2 wrote?

Again, let me repeat you are wrong.

oops ... my post must have caused you severe pain some where, i can judge it by your reaction exactly where it is.
did you even read my post before you replied?