PDA

View Full Version : GC APPROVED - finally!!!

immihelp2
12-31-2007, 01:22 PM
My green card finally got approved today. A great new year's gift. My EB-2 India PD is current as of today but will be retrogressing from tomorrow. Phew!

Good luck to all IVians. I'll post a detailed message later, but for now, I just want to go out and celebrate. The whole process sucked the life out of me and I want my life back!

I appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. May this new year bring relief to all.

greensignal
12-31-2007, 01:26 PM
My green card finally got approved today. A great new year's gift. My EB-2 India PD is current as of today but will be retrogressing from tomorrow. Phew!

Good luck to all IVians. I'll post a detailed message later, but for now, I just want to go out and celebrate. The whole process sucked the life out of me and I want my life back!

I appreciate all your kind words and encouragement. May this new year bring relief to all.

Excellent! Good Luck and Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

go_guy123
12-31-2007, 01:30 PM

Creers and enjoy....u are as free as bird.

gc_kaavaali
12-31-2007, 01:31 PM
what is your PD?

aadimanav
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
From his following post his PD is 2001 (month ?)

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=206763#post206763

what is your PD?

gcformeornot
12-31-2007, 01:56 PM
what a beautiful New Year's Gift!!!

sunny1000
12-31-2007, 01:59 PM

Congrats and a very Happy New Year!!

hpandey
12-31-2007, 02:17 PM

Congrats Man !!

I guess the USCIS guys finally saw your " GC Related Depression Thread " and decided that you deserve a gift :D

Just kidding

Enjoy the new year with your new found freedom ;)

Aah_GC
12-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Many congratulations! Have a great life ahead..

trueguy
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
Plz mention your PD on this thread.

Thanks and congrats.

immihelp2
12-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks to all for your wishes. My PD is 11/01 original labor. I'll write a note in a few days on how things finally started moving. Happy new year!

GCcomesoon
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
From his following post his PD is 2001 (month ?)

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=206763#post206763

Hi

I'm glad to see people with 2001PD , getting approved.As the per the current bulletin the dates for EB2 show Jan- 2000 , does that mean we can expect to see dates move forward significantly in next few months like ( 1-2 years at least )

Any thoughts

Thanks
GCcomesoon

meridiani.planum
12-31-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi

I'm glad to see people with 2001PD , getting approved.As the per the current bulletin the dates for EB2 show Jan- 2000 , does that mean we can expect to see dates move forward significantly in next few months like ( 1-2 years at least )

Any thoughts

Thanks
GCcomesoon

did'nt you read the note in the visa bulletin? EB2 India is likely to become "unavaialble" for the rest of the year, soon...

immihelp2
12-31-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi

Any thoughts

Thanks
GCcomesoon
The Jan visa bulletin kicks in only from tomorrow. EB-2 India is at Jan 1st, 2002 as of today (December bulletin).

All I can say is, 'just made it'.

natrajs
01-01-2008, 12:16 AM

Good Luck and Best Wishes

capriol
01-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Dear Friends:
May be my query has been addressed or discussed here previously, but please someone explain to me in simple words my question here:

I continue to hear that the immigrant visa quota has exceeded for India and thus all the retrogression etc. But please help me understand that if the EB1 category for India is current (which also means that visa numbers remain unused for that category), then should'nt those EB1 visa numbers be used every month for the EB2 category? Then why must the EB2 become retrogressed and also perhaps unavailable for the rest of FY 2008.

Please explain, and when explaining please don't call me "dood" etc (because somebody did while answering my last question).

iad2ead
01-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Please let us know if you changed the job after getting GC and the percentage
hike you got. This will motivate us to prepare for the new job.

cheers
Iad

like_watching_paint_dry
01-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Please let us know if you changed the job after getting GC and the percentage
hike you got. This will motivate us to prepare for the new job.

cheers
Iad

I don't think you can change jobs for at-least 6 months after you get your GC. Your GC can be revoked for fraud if you do that.

hpandey
01-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I don't think you can change jobs for at-least 6 months after you get your GC. Your GC can be revoked for fraud if you do that.

What you say is true but I don't think the USCIS or DOL has time to go after approved GC people to see if they are still with the same company after their GC is approved. They are too busy going through the applications already pending with them.

One must be really unlucky to get caught up like this. So for practical purposes one is a free person when they get a GC but as per the law you are right that the GC holder has to stay with the same company for some time through which they got their GC.

iad2ead
01-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I thought changing job is one of the motive in getting GC. working for the same
employer after getting GC doesn't make sense unless untill you get 20-25K hike.

Its always better to check out one's market value. It doesn't mean one will land with new and/or better job after trying... but nothing wrong in trying.. I heard from my
GC friends that their hourly rates went up from $55/hr to $112/hr after getting
GC. Also the luxary of working from home, permanent offer, medical/dental benefits, and lots of leave will add feather in the cap.

Also when mkt is bad.. who cares.. you can pack up and move to places where there are jobs...

my 2 cents...

cheers
Iad

like_watching_paint_dry
01-01-2008, 11:10 PM
What you say is true but I don't think the USCIS or DOL has time to go after approved GC people to see if they are still with the same company after their GC is approved. They are too busy going through the applications already pending with them.

One must be really unlucky to get caught up like this. So for practical purposes one is a free person when they get a GC but as per the law you are right that the GC holder has to stay with the same company for some time through which they got their GC.

I agree with you that they may not have the time or the resources to look over their shoulder and observe what every single EB applicant they gave a green card to is doing this week or month. But there are two possible points (aside from the GC holder getting into serious trouble with the law) for USCIS to be put in a situation where they would review your PR status:

1. At the time a EB green card holder applies for citizenship (N-400 citizenship application form ask for last 5 year employment information as well)
2. If the employer gets really ticked off and asks USCIS to revoke the underlying approved I-140

It's probably wise to stay another 6 months and chill out even if the employer has been a demon of sorts

like_watching_paint_dry
01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I thought changing job is one of the motive in getting GC. working for the same
employer after getting GC doesn't make sense unless untill you get 20-25K hike.

Its always better to check out one's market value. It doesn't mean one will land with new and/or better job after trying... but nothing wrong in trying.. I heard from my
GC friends that their hourly rates went up from $55/hr to $112/hr after getting
GC. Also the luxary of working from home, permanent offer, medical/dental benefits, and lots of leave will add feather in the cap.

Also when mkt is bad.. who cares.. you can pack up and move to places where there are jobs...

my 2 cents...

cheers
Iad

I'm with you on trying to get a better reward for all the hard work. If you land something which can't wait a short while, say something like another pre-IPO google going IPO in the next two months making you a job offer, I'd say go for it. If not, I think there's no reason to take a risk.

shozee
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Help me understand this please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im july 5th filer .Filed I140 and I 485 conc .Opened SR for FP because didnt recieve it till NOV .In NSC_CSC_NSC.next day after opening SR i got Fp notice .Obvously nothin to do with SR .Got reply for SR after a month which says " Status I-485 USCIS is waiting boimetrics info to produce permanent residency card "
Any idea what would this statement mean ?
I_140 & 485 fild July 5th 2007
PD curent

eeezzz
01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Dear Friends:
May be my query has been addressed or discussed here previously, but please someone explain to me in simple words my question here:

I continue to hear that the immigrant visa quota has exceeded for India and thus all the retrogression etc. But please help me understand that if the EB1 category for India is current (which also means that visa numbers remain unused for that category), then should'nt those EB1 visa numbers be used every month for the EB2 category? Then why must the EB2 become retrogressed and also perhaps unavailable for the rest of FY 2008.

Please explain, and when explaining please don't call me "dood" etc (because somebody did while answering my last question).
There's no EB-1 RoW quota or EB-1 India quota or EB-1 China quota. There's only EB-1 quota. Unused EB-1 quota goes to EB-2.
When enough Indian applicants hit the country limit for the year. The door is closed for India for the year. Therefore, even EB-1 is current for every country, as long as the country limit is hit, the quota won't be used by the applicants for that country in EB-2 or EB-3. Therefore, the quota for EB-1 will flow to EB-2 for those countries that have not hit counrty limit.

Sunx_2004
01-02-2008, 06:31 PM
You are one lucky dude. Enjoy the freedom

capriol
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
There's no EB-1 RoW quota or EB-1 India quota or EB-1 China quota. There's only EB-1 quota. Unused EB-1 quota goes to EB-2.
When enough Indian applicants hit the country limit for the year. The door is closed for India for the year. Therefore, even EB-1 is current for every country, as long as the country limit is hit, the quota won't be used by the applicants for that country in EB-2 or EB-3. Therefore, the quota for EB-1 will flow to EB-2 for those countries that have not hit counrty limit.

Thank you, eeezzz,
One more question:what is RoW quota which you mentioned above? Thanks.

eb3_nepa
01-02-2008, 06:39 PM

I dont think this is true to be honest. There is a "per-country" quota in EACH of the 3 employment based categories. If that was not true ALL EB1 categories would have the SAME cut off Prioroty date. We have seen the dates being different on previous VBs.

To answer the previous question, from what I have understood, the unused visas can only be used at the END of the year, when USCIS, DOS and DHS are sure that there are no more EB1 candidates from India who can get the unused EB1 India visas. However, how the unused EB1 visas are used and who gets how much is not 100% crystal clear.

Some core members who have a better understanding of the process can shed more light on this, coz my knowledge on this is not as good as theirs.

trueguy
01-02-2008, 06:42 PM
What happens if you already changed your parent company (who sponsored your GC) after 2years of filing your I-485 and you start working on EAD under AC21 clause. Does it mean you have to stay with your current (new not parent) company for another 6 months after your GC is approved?

Could somebody clarify that please?

I'm with you on trying to get a better reward for all the hard work. If you land something which can't wait a short while, say something like another pre-IPO google going IPO in the next two months making you a job offer, I'd say go for it. If not, I think there's no reason to take a risk.

eeezzz
01-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I dont think this is true to be honest. There is a "per-country" quota in EACH of the 3 employment based categories. If that was not true ALL EB1 categories would have the SAME cut off Prioroty date. We have seen the dates being different on previous VBs.
I don't see what I said has conflict with your point. I beleive there's country limit in percentage and it is likely the percentage is in each category. I also think it divides the quota into four quarters so there's movement each quarter, rather than movement for first two months and than unavailable for the rest of the year. For example, if annual quota is 1000, each quarter is 250. EB-1 will be around 70 (28.1%) then each country is around 5 (7%?). If the country limit is hit, cut off date for that country shows up. That doesn't mean there's reserved Indian EB-1 quota of 5. It is more likely Indian applicant hit the country limit earlier than the quota is used up and so you will there are always 5 Indian case approved here. Even if there's only 3 Indian applicants for this quarter, that doesn't mean there are 2 reserved Indian quota to flow to EB-2 India. Those are still EB-1 quota, and will flow to EB-2 at 4th quarter. And then again, base on the country limit rule to use the quota.

To answer the previous question, from what I have understood, the unused visas can only be used at the END of the year, when USCIS, DOS and DHS are sure that there are no more EB1 candidates from India who can get the unused EB1 India visas. However, how the unused EB1 visas are used and who gets how much is not 100% crystal clear.
Some core members who have a better understanding of the process can shed more light on this, coz my knowledge on this is not as good as theirs.
I agree the unused visa seems to be processed at the end of fiscal year, more like the start of 4th quarter. If the core members can detail this will be nice.

eeezzz
01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Thank you, eeezzz,
One more question:what is RoW quota which you mentioned above? Thanks.
I assume you are asking what is RoW. Rest of the World.