PDA

View Full Version : NSC-CSC-NSC July transfer case issue!

EndlessWait
01-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Its been 5 months , I'vent recieved the FP for myself. My case status still shows "The case has been transferred to Nebraska etc etc.."

Anybody in the same shoes?

hariswaminathan
01-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Its been 5 months , I'vent recieved the FP for myself. My case status still shows "The case has been transferred to Nebraska etc etc.."

Anybody in the same shoes?

Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.

Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)

took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.

good luck to you!

EndlessWait
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Applied July 23rd NSC. Receipt notice July 23rd and again another receipt September once my case went to CSC and back to NSC.

Got AP and EAD issued from CA (laguna Niguel USCIS) though not without headaches (RFE on AP)

took infopass appointment last week and officer said FPs havent been issued because Background check still not cleared for me (wife cleared but she will not get FP notice until mine is cleared). This is possibly the same reason you have not received yours. looks like i am stuck for the long haul in name check clearance.

good luck to you!

even mine is 23rd july case..and is ur case status still showing "transferred to NSC blah blah..." ?

namm80
01-10-2008, 05:42 PM
So, this would mean anyone stuck in name check should never receive FP--correct? I don't think that's the case...i know of a lot of people who get FP notices every 15 (or is it 18?) months or so and are stuck in name checks forever.

The two processes Name check & FP are parallel, not sequential.

I have myself not rcvd FP - July 2nd filer NSC-CSC-NSC transfer victim :-). My way of looking at things is that CSC transferred I-485 to NSC in late September. So my I-485 is queued after an August 17th filer. August 17th filers have rcvd their FPs recently (Bay Area, CA), so it should not be that far away. (BTW, I am not dying to get FP done, i just want to shorten my stay-alert-for-FP window and get it over with it)

USCIS works in strange ways...i may be using logic that's beyond their IQ :)

Take it easy...

good luck to you!

EndlessWait
01-10-2008, 05:45 PM
So, this would mean anyone stuck in name check should never receive FP--correct? I don't think that's the case...i know of a lot of people who get FP notices every 15 (or is it 18?) months or so and are stuck in name checks forever.

I have myself not rcvd FP - July 2nd filer NSC-CSC-NSC transfer victim :-). My way of looking at things is that CSC transferred I-485 to NSC in late September. So my I-485 is queued after an August 17th filer. August 17th filers have rcvd their FPs recently (Bay Area, CA), so it should not be that far away. (BTW, I am not dying to get FP done, i just want to shorten my stay-alert-for-FP window and get it over with it)

Take it easy...

just exactly what ur case status says ...mine hasn't changed ever since it transferred to nebraska..it still says "the case has been transferred to NSC becoz they've jurisdiction over it etc. etc '

thanks

hariswaminathan
01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
I prefer your theory to Infopass officer. Sincerely hope you are right because Name check is not where i want to be stuck in.

Take it easy...

kannan
01-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Mine is still in CA only.no transfer and no FP

gcformeornot
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
please

ssss
01-10-2008, 07:43 PM
My husband's case was transferred from CSC to TSC. We haven't received the FP notice yet. USCIS status "The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office". when we called customer service cust service rep informed that we need to wait 180 days after the transfer for FP

namm80
01-10-2008, 09:43 PM
prout02: You mind sharing if you are in the Bay Area, CA or elsewhere? It seems to me there are 2 variables to this FP scheduling:

a) When USCIS receipts and begins processing (For Xfr applicants, this would apparently be the date when the new center receives the case).

b) Center where FP is to be scheduled. A more crowded place might mean longer waits.

Just a thought....

My attorney opened two SRs and nothing happened for two months. When I had given up all hope...there comes the FP notice for 1/3/08. I don't know what did the trick. But I am off of that daily USPS mail checking business for now.

Also, the case status remains the same with two updates to the LUD!

namm80
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
This rep is pretty much saying what i said in my previous posting. But don't rely too much on what any rep says....call again and u will get a different unrelated reasoning that will confuse the hell out of u....:)

It's a sad state of affairs.

My husband's case was transferred from CSC to TSC. We haven't received the FP notice yet. USCIS status "The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office". when we called customer service cust service rep informed that we need to wait 180 days after the transfer for FP

avi
01-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Me (and two of my colleagues are) in the same boat!
July first week filer -
Receitps /EAD/AP received for both me and my wife
No FP for either of us .. same is the case with the others

kannan
01-11-2008, 12:04 PM
please

Hi gcformeornot

Is yr case still in CA?Mine is still in CA..........