PDA

View Full Version : EB3 ROW in Rain

Asian
09-13-2006, 02:42 PM
It is raining now. After seeing the visa bulletin, it depresses my mind terribly in this gloomy weather.

Two month movement is not enough. Per my calculation, it should move at least five months per month. There is some part in the picture, which I don't see.

Counting from today, May 1, 2002 is almost 4 years and 5 month apart. It means it takes at least 4 and half years plus the third stage processing time whatever it may be.

Four and half years is just too long in this modern world. You go through changes in your personal life, family, and work situations in four and half years. You develop your new talent and equipped with new skills. Sitting in a same job without promotion for over four and half years is just too long. As our current job is the life line that is linked to our spot in the que, we tend to panic over minor matters at work and it is hard to defend ourselves. When your whole family is depending on it, it is more so. Professionals with bright minds like us cannot be kept stagnant and status quo for such a long time. It is same as killing.

Well, I cannot go back to my home country. I have invested everything I have in this country. I have developed skills that better fit to U.S. I don't fit to my home country any more. I can contribute much better to American economy. My kid even cannot speak the language from my home country. My child is so young that she doesn't know that she does not have even a social security number. (All of my family are in legal status. Never illegal in a single day. For children, they can have SSN only after issuance of GC. ) Nevertheless, my kid is 100% American in her substance.

I understand it is taking so long because of the gap in supply and demand. And I also understand that we are imposed of various restrictions in our life before getting the green card. However, just a little more flexibility will save so many people and rescue them from their tremendous daily pain. For example, if they could allow us to change our job in the same category after first stage and then allow us to change our job without restriction after I-140 approval and be able to process the application in continuance without causing any break. I think the method in U.K. and Canada are close to this and causing less restriction to stick to one employer or the same kind of employer. The current U.S. system is just feeding immigration lawyers because many of us have to do the process over and over again from the beginning with a different employer.

Two month is not just good enough and it is raining.

willgetgc2005
09-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I agree with you. You think 2 months movement is not enough ? Thisnk One week movement for India.

This is pathetic lifestyle for us here in the US.

It is raining now. After seeing the visa bulletin, it depresses my mind terribly in this gloomy weather.

Two month movement is not enough. Per my calculation, it should move at least five months per month. There is some part in the picture, which I don't see.

Counting from today, May 1, 2002 is almost 4 years and 5 month apart. It means it takes at least 4 and half years plus the third stage processing time whatever it may be.

Four and half years is just too long in this modern world. You go through changes in your personal life, family, and work situations in four and half years. You develop your new talent and equipped with new skills. Sitting in a same job without promotion for over four and half years is just too long. As our current job is the life line that is linked to our spot in the que, we tend to panic over minor matters at work and it is hard to defend ourselves. When your whole family is depending on it, it is more so. Professionals with bright minds like us cannot be kept stagnant and status quo for such a long time. It is same as killing.

Well, I cannot go back to my home country. I have invested everything I have in this country. I have developed skills that better fit to U.S. I don't fit to my home country any more. I can contribute much better to American economy. My kid even cannot speak the language from my home country. My child is so young that she doesn't know that she does not have even a social security number. (All of my family are in legal status. Never illegal in a single day. For children, they can have SSN only after issuance of GC. ) Nevertheless, my kid is 100% American in her substance.

I understand it is taking so long because of the gap in supply and demand. And I also understand that we are imposed of various restrictions in our life before getting the green card. However, just a little more flexibility will save so many people and rescue them from their tremendous daily pain. For example, if they could allow us to change our job in the same category after first stage and then allow us to change our job without restriction after I-140 approval and be able to process the application in continuance without causing any break. I think the method in U.K. and Canada are close to this and causing less restriction to stick to one employer or the same kind of employer. The current U.S. system is just feeding immigration lawyers because many of us have to do the process over and over again from the beginning with a different employer.

senthil1
09-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I think main reason is from 1999 to 2002 195k h1s were approved each year. Atleast 20% of those might be waiting. Still heavy lobbying for increasing H1s but not strong support for gcs because they are justifying that h1 is temporary(Actually it is not). I think even if they double the green card but h1 is doubled then another 2 years same situation will come. But if you lobby just for gc you may not get strong support from companies. Also permanent increase of any immigration category will have strong scrutiny in House and Senate. It is better to get fast compromise instead of trying for tough long term solution. Also we have to realiize that now inflow from India is too much in past 3 years. Waiting list in Consulates tell the situation. Visa appointment in Madras Cosulate is at March 2007. Other countries like china are much better than India.

ufo2002
09-13-2006, 03:01 PM
Don't worry. I just sold my house and now living in apt. I am ready and willing at any time to return to original country if PDs don't progress fast enough. That's mainly cause I am single and have no family to worry about. I have been working in my line of work for 10 years, of which about 5 1/2 in the US. I would like to try something else but without GC it's easier said than done. There is nothing much we can do except wait month to month, and re-analyse our own needs and whether we want to wait one more day for that GC. We made a conscious choice to come here in the first place, and likewise, if we leave, it will be another conscious choice.

perm2gc
09-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Well Said..Everyone of us are in the same boat..

anilsal
09-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Friends, think of this way:
In life, if everything was given on a platter - with zero struggle, you would never understand the value of anything.

The bulletin has bad news for the retrogressed (plus the weather looks gloomy and winter is fast approaching in the US). How do we fight it?

a) Create local chapters and target the local media. Garner support via local libraries, newspapers etc. Just view the world as infinite possibilities and make the push. Drops make a Ocean.
b) Have faith in democracy. (Ironic???)
c) Do not put your life on hold because of GC. There are tons of things to learn (various culture, food, books, movies etc).

Cheer up!

I know the feeling of having obtained a GC would be very good compared to what we feel now, but we have something to look forward to and fight for.

Personally, no matter what the IV core is doing, I am thankful to them for having atleast created a website that allows me to empathize and share the agony with others. Don't you think the same?

sbabunle
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Well said janilsal.

Friends and folks there is always opportunity in adversity.
I think the opportunity here we have is to make a change in law.
If we all do what we can really do, we will be surprised to see the outcome.
So what do we do?

1) Organize more people and let them join IV
2) Spread the word all over the globe.
3) Contribute money to IV

If god bring it to us, god will bring us through it.

Good luck to all
babu.

Friends, think of this way:
In life, if everything was given on a platter - with zero struggle, you would never understand the value of anything.

The bulletin has bad news for the retrogressed (plus the weather looks gloomy and winter is fast approaching in the US). How do we fight it?

a) Create local chapters and target the local media. Garner support via local libraries, newspapers etc. Just view the world as infinite possibilities and make the push. Drops make a Ocean.
b) Have faith in democracy. (Ironic???)
c) Do not put your life on hold because of GC. There are tons of things to learn (various culture, food, books, movies etc).

Cheer up!

I know the feeling of having obtained a GC would be very good compared to what we feel now, but we have something to look forward to and fight for.

Personally, no matter what the IV core is doing, I am thankful to them for having atleast created a website that allows me to empathize and share the agony with others. Don't you think the same?

GCanyMinute
09-13-2006, 04:36 PM
:eek:

njdude26
09-13-2006, 06:56 PM

This is sooooooooo true... but again we made the choice of coming here and i dont have regrets about that because obviously i would have never dreamt of making the money i made here back home !

but again after 5 years of waiting and 8 years with the same job it sucks !!

whatamidoinghere
09-13-2006, 09:27 PM
1. We are a small minority, we cant vote anyway, so we cant influence the politicians
2. We are misers, we dont contribute enough money so that IV can lobby effectively
3. We have no self respect, we continue to wait for green cards, living without basic rights, instead of packing up and leaving
4. We have big opponents like NumbersUsa.com who lobby against immigration

no people power, no money power, no self respect, plenty of opponents - please tell me why our situation will ever improve?

I guess in some years after there are a few million folks in the queue, sufficient number of people will act on Points 2 and 3 and things will start happening.

Alabaman
09-13-2006, 09:43 PM
I sympathise with Asian. It can be depressing. Although we chose America by choice but that doenst make it a fair system. Some people talk like we are being paid for doing nothing... we are being paid for contributing our skills to this country save that we also pay taxes and don't enjoy the total benefits from those taxes.

All said, I think we need a more aggressive approach...people dont know what we are going through. Even the so called journalists and politicians. We need a rally, we need to mass mail news media, we need to write all our congress men perhaps simultaneously. We need to be more aggressive. We need strong coordination.

go_gc_way
09-13-2006, 10:07 PM
It is raining now. After seeing the visa bulletin, it depresses my mind terribly in this gloomy weather.....

Yes it is very sad to wait so many years in the Que. One can always draw comparisions and down play our situation but fact is this indeed a strange situation.

Such a portability to shift employer is indeed very much required. For example to be able to go to another employer when your I-140 is approved which is immigrant petition.

This year, it self, we need to ask and get atleast the minimum done. Such as recap of unused visas & ability to apply for 485 while numbers are retrogressed.