PDA

View Full Version : another chance for us

rajuram
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
The Senate and the house may be passing the tax refund bill soon (due to slowing economy). There is lot of pressure on the government to act soon.

Can we get them to attach atleast one of our provisions with these bills - the most important and non controversial being recapture of unused visa numbers.

Just a suggestion................I know there is no dearth of suggestions.

rajuram
01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
//\\

solaris27
01-25-2008, 08:03 PM
yes we can just pray

abhijitp
01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, I am sure IV-Core will note them.

Did you send out letters to the WH + IV?
The recapturing of numbers does not need legislation, it can be done by administrative intervention.

PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTERS!
Thanks!

apahilaj
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
yes we can just pray

Not really...

Stand up for yourself and please mail the letters if you haven't done so.

whitecollarslave
01-25-2008, 11:48 PM
The Senate and the house may be passing the tax refund bill soon (due to slowing economy). There is lot of pressure on the government to act soon.

Can we get them to attach atleast one of our provisions with these bills - the most important and non controversial being recapture of unused visa numbers.

Just a suggestion................I know there is no dearth of suggestions.

We should definitely try (in addition to writing letters).

Can we get some more information about this bill? Who are the key players supporting/pushing it, who/how do we contact to try and push some of these reforms?

vivekm1309
01-26-2008, 01:16 AM
Can we contact journos like Neil Cavuto, Sheryl Casone to talk about how giving GC to legals like us can stimulate economy in someway?

I noticed these Business section journos are endlessly talking about ways to prevent the recession.

We can suggest them to talk about recapturing of visas & giving the legals GCs as it can contribute towards (to some extent) a possible stimualtion to the economy(it will surely add to the percentage...) surely we are boosting the spending by making high earning legals spend more on say housing or Autos by giving them GCs...

Not sure if IV gurus are thinking on these lines.

Vivek

anilsal
01-26-2008, 01:30 AM
Can we contact journos like Neil Cavuto, Sheryl Casone to talk about how giving GC to legals like us can stimulate economy in someway?

I noticed these Business section journos are endlessly talking about ways to prevent the recession.

We can suggest them to talk about recapturing of visas & giving the legals GCs as it can contribute towards (to some extent) a possible stimualtion to the economy(it will surely add to the percentage...) surely we are boosting the spending by making high earning legals spend more on say housing or Autos by giving them GCs...

Not sure if IV gurus are thinking on these lines.

Vivek

Vivek, suggestions are always welcome. But we get more folks suggesting than those that actively do something for IV's cause.

I am wondering if you would want to contact these journalists as an IV member. If you want more information or any other details, PM me your email address and phone number and we can co-ordinate off line.

The immediate need of the hour is the administrative fixes campaign success.

hopefulgc
01-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a far shot.. but if government can start distributing money.. why in the name of all that is Holy can they not do this:
"All pending immigration adjustment applications get expedited with an appendage clause that the beneficiaries need to express commitment to staying in US by buying a residence."
How will that not help the ailing real estate market? I know this idea has been shot down gazillion times ... but we need to really stop looking through the cloudy kaliedoscope to atleast give this idea the merit it deserves.

After all these is something called as 'GC by investment'. Why not something in between?

The good part is that then anybody opposing this would then be indirectly opposing the future and much needed growth in US.

<EOM>

vivekm1309
01-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Exactly, if $ 600 check per tax payer is being talked about to stimulate the economy, as one of measures ...I think it makes sense to push thru our point too ...

I will PM Jansilal as he suggested & meanwhile trying to contact my friends in Wall street to get the contact details for these popular Business journos.

abhijitp
01-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Did your write your letter?

15 minutes of yout time could save you 6-12 years of waiting!

rajuram
01-26-2008, 08:22 PM
FYI, I have been in the queue for 6.5 years now. I did write the letter.

Did your write your letter?

15 minutes of yout time could save you 6-12 years of waiting!

abhijitp
01-27-2008, 04:47 AM
FYI, I have been in the queue for 6.5 years now. I did write the letter.

Cool... thank you for your efforts. I didn't want to offend you... just in case you got that impression. The point is, as long as the AOS is pending approval, there is the risk that we can be thrown to the back of the queue because of a rejection of the AOS application for a reason beyond our control.

If that happens... and if we need to re-start then we are looking at about 12 years for our next chance, as it will take at least so long for a PD from 2008 or later to become current... unless:
1) a miracle like June 2007 happens
OR
2) the EB GC process is revamped, which is what IV is trying to make happen!