PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for an improved Legal Immigrants system

usirit
01-28-2008, 02:33 PM
It's amazing the time and energy spent (wasted?) with Sen. Mike Delph illegal-worker bill. Would it be the same for an improved Legal Immigrants system? :rolleyes: I guess not because we are already paying taxes, but unfortunately for us we are stuck in this overkill and non-sense process. My LC (EB3) for instance is waiting to be certified by Chicago DOL since 08/06/07, it got audited in 12/05/07, DENIED on 12/21/07, appealed, and then moved back to "In Process" in 01/10/08. My wife and 3 kids are stuck with their H-4 status while I am an H1-B. Meanwhile, around $20K has been paid between immigration and legal/attorney's fees.

Isn't funny when lawmakers or lack of knowledge people says why you didn't just went Legal? :mad: Regardless the money required to invested in this process, there is so much to know to submit applications that only thru an attorney it's possible; and even having one of the "Best Ones" in your side is not a guarantee.

I'll need to say that I agree and support a fine to employers using illegal workers but this won't stop the immigration to this country; a re-design immigration system with reasonable time and fees as well as clear goals and incentives will definitely improve and solve immigration issues. :)

indianabacklog
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I am sorry to hear you are still wading through the labor cert stuff. Mike Delph has little or no knowledge of how the immigration system works. My family and I found this out over six years ago when he worked for Dan Burton.

Wishing you all the best.

usirit
07-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi Indiana... :)

If you are stuck :mad: with your PERM LC being auditted by DOL, several of us in the same situation are sending letters to them as well as promoting assistance thru Congressmen.

Some of us have got a response :cool: from DOL already about it, so go to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19432 for more details and participate.

Regards,

usirit
07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
20K = Using an attorney for H1B Visa, 4 H4, Renewal of H1B Visa + 4 H4, Sponsorship Company got bought and change name = Re-Issuing H1B Visa, PERM Process....

But still.... people ask why illegals just don't come here legally?????? :mad:

20K ...is that what it cost you so far ??? that is way too expensive ..
I agree how can a poor laborer afford such fees ?

diptam
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
The expenses are definitely required - i probably did more renewals and visas than you but that was borne by my H sponsor employers in all cases. Why did you pay on your own ?? Generally peoples who gets paid in Bill rate and make very good money they pay on their own and they don't care 20-25K given the enormous money that they made in 6+ years of H clock.

Regarding GC - my employer paid LC fees, 140 fees and i picked up the fees for 485/EAD/AP because i wanted control on the AOS. I dont want RFE letters to go my employer or their pet lawyer when i've ported off to somewhere else.

Push your employer - why they are called sponsors in H1 based immigration system ?

20K = Using an attorney for H1B Visa, 4 H4, Renewal of H1B Visa + 4 H4, Sponsorship Company got bought and change name = Re-Issuing H1B Visa, PERM Process....

But still.... people ask why illegals just don't come here legally?????? :mad:

usirit
07-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Diptam;

We have shared some expenses of my H1B Visa -legal & processing fees- however, the ones related to my family were paid by myself. LC has been also splitted between employer and myself.

Although, I don't deny the requirement of processing and legal fees, I disagree on how employers (sponsors) and lawyers/attorneys handle them. Employers on one hand should cover without split or sharing the expense with the employee; just because of the fact of getting our salary -kind-of-locked-.
In the other hand, attorneys ...the ends justify the means...

I think that I am just frustrated with the whole process, MAYBE 20K wouldn't really matter if we were seeing results but we have to beg for an action/update or even worse lay around for who knows how long so the "system" can work.

If I had known what I know now... :rolleyes: everyone's wish!

RNGC
07-01-2008, 05:36 PM
The EM immigration is just a mess....Basically a bunch of congressmen discussed about it and created some rules!

Labor certification is the most ridiculous thing! I-140, I-485 blah blah...., just like the sub-prime mortgage mess these are paper work mess created by US lawmakers. Their intention was good, but the in reality nothing makes sense. I wish the Immigration committe invites H1 people and discuss with them the real issues just like how they speak with businesses.

I think, we should follow the EU way. Do all the stupid paperwork before you bring anyone to US. Once someone is here he/she should have a green card (atleast a temp green card). After 3 years, the temp card should be converted to a permanent green card. What is going on here is just "Modern day slavery"! H1 B people are exploited by Employers/Lawyers.

We dress nice, have cars, sometime homes, but we also have a virtual (invisible) handcuffs which noone sees!

I am just sick and tired!

cygent
07-01-2008, 05:45 PM
20K ...is that what it cost you so far ??? that is way too expensive.. I agree how can a poor laborer afford such fees ?

I am single & have invested $14k towards GC (old labor RIR itself $6,900/140/485/ead/ap/premium fees) & still counting (coming up $1000 for H1 extension, $700 ead/ap renewal). And to think initially my Attorney quoted $7,500 :mad: for the entire process, then manipulated to the current fees.
If I had known all this b4hand, would have just found someone to marry years ago. Now I cannot afford a decent apartment/stable address with all these hurdles. :mad: