View Full Version : EAD for Spouse

01-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Last month i got engaged. I have my EAD & AP and also i'm keeping my H1B. I'm aware i can bring her in H4 visa. But i'm not sure when she will be getting her EAD. Did anyone have more info on this...I'm getting conflicting information some told me only when visa number are available she will get the EAD. and in some other cases as i already have my EAD based on that she will get the EAD within 6 months.Can some one shed some lights on this ...


01-29-2008, 01:19 PM

Question 3. I filed my I-485 before retrogression, when my priority date was current. I am now married and my spouse is in the U.S. Can my spouse file an I-485 as part of my case? Can my spouse get an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within a few months?

No and no. In order to file an I-485 adjustment of status application, it is necessary to have an immigrant visa number available immediately.

01-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks lazycis for the quick response.

01-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes when visa number are available she will be eligible