PDA

View Full Version : Dec Visa bulletin?

waitingnwaiting
11-10-2010, 08:58 AM
When is the December visa bulletin coming? Can someone ask their lawyer?

Why is nobody predicting? Are we all becoming so pessimistic?

sandy_anand
11-10-2010, 10:15 AM
When is the December visa bulletin coming? Can someone ask their lawyer?

Why is nobody predicting? Are we all becoming so pessimistic?

waitingnwaiting, you're probably new here, so just a tip - nowadays the topic of visa bulletin is not very popular.
A couple of reasons for that, people are frustrated by the slow movement, a bulk of the old timers have their dates current and finally Oppenheimer gave a forecast of what to expect over the next few months - which is movement every month by a couple of weeks at the most.
So the whole guessing game of visa bulletin doesn't interest anyone anymore. Our only hope, especially for EB3, but also for EB2 is to meet our lawmakers on a regular basis and push our agenda for legislative change. Other than that, we are looking at years and years of waiting.
My suggestion to you is to become a donor at IV, join your local State chapter and start meeting lawmakers. Hope this helps. Cheers!

tonyHK12
11-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Agree, also Immigration voice needs everyone to join in their cause and support them as Donors and in active volunteering.
New GC applicants generally realize the only way to get relief is through legislative change that Immigration voice is working on.
So rather than wasting time & energy guessing dates, its a good idea to spare 3 bucks a day from coffee for IV and actively campaign for new laws.

BTW the prediction was 1-2 weeks of movement each month for all of 2011, and possibly zero movement sometimes. New Math formulas ,modelling, arent going to change it.

Just look at how many Bills are coming in for Illegal immigration - that is due to active lobbying and generous support of their members.

of course there are many who think wrongly - " Let me instead just have my Star-3-bucks, instead of giving my money to an organization campaigning for Immigration relief. I can fix everything myself"

goel_ar
11-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I think I have joined IV in last 3 years or so...
Donated money once & have called congressmen & senators many times ...

Could someone please tell me -

What has been achieved by IV till date? I know we all meet elected reps, officials in washington dc ..... but I am interested in end result like not wasting visa numbers , implementing spillover & along these lines.

I have asked few friends to join IV but then if they ask me for IV accomplishments - i can't count any....

gc_on_demand
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM

What has been achieved by IV till date? I know we all meet elected reps, officials in washington dc ..... but I am interested in end result like not wasting visa numbers , implementing spillover & along these lines.

I have asked few friends to join IV but then if they ask me for IV accomplishments - i can't count any....

(1) Reversal of July 2007 bulletin
(2) Two year EAD AP
(3) Currently working on Same similar job ( AC 21).
(4) Push USCIS and DOS to publish data.

sandy_anand
11-10-2010, 12:49 PM

If IV has accomplished its objectives, then there is no need for any of us to join. But anyway, the following might be listed...hope this helps.

Immigration Voice Achievements

1. September 2009. Streamlining of Security Screening Process for Foreign Scientists: DHS reduced the wait times for Visa stamping in foreign consulates to 2 weeks. A successful campaign was run by IV members. http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/654080-iv-update-good-news-for-people-stuck-due-to-security-checks-while-waiting-for-visas.html
2. September, 2009. Successful completion of FOIA campaign: After filing hundreds of FOIA requests USCIS released the data of pending applications on their website. http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum16-iv-agenda-and-legislative-updates/630599-iv-update-on-visa-numbers-and-foia-data.html
3. 2008: Admin Fix campaign. 2 Year EAD announced by USCIS for all that have filed AOS.
4. 2008. Successful introduction of 3 bills in the House by Rep Zoe. Lofgren. This included elimination of per country limits Bill on which no other organization or business interest had ever advocated until that time. Immigration Voice successfully advocated these bills, brought in co-sponsors and received support from other interests for these bills.

H.R.5882
Title: To recapture employment-based immigrant visas lost to bureaucratic delays and to prevent losses of family- and employment-based immigrant visas in the future.
Sponsor: Rep Lofgren, Zoe [CA-16] (introduced 4/23/2008) Cosponsors (31)

H.R.5921
Title: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to eliminate the per country level for employment-based immigrants and to end the spill-over of unused immigrant visa numbers between employment-based and family-sponsored categories.
Sponsor: Rep Lofgren, Zoe [CA-16] (introduced 4/29/2008) Cosponsors (24)

H.R.6039
Title: To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to authorize certain aliens who have earned a master's or higher degree from a United States institution of higher education in a field of science, technology, engineering, or mathematics to be admitted for permanent residence.
Sponsor: Rep Lofgren, Zoe [CA-16] (introduced 5/13/2008) Cosponsors (34)
5. September 18, 2007
1. DC Rally: Thousands of high-skilled immigrants march in the US Capital!
2. Lobby day: IV volunteers attend close to 125 meetings with lawmakersí offices to lobby for congressional intervention
3. Paid Advertisement in the Roll Call- the newspaper that covers the Capitol Hill
4. Media coverage: New York Times, Washington Post, Yahoo, BBC, OC Register, Business Week
6. July 2007 Visa bulletin reversal
1. IV breaks the good news!
2. Flower campaign

i. USCIS takes note of the flower campaign

ii. Media coverage: Business Week, Reuters, Washington Post, New York Times, NPR, Others, Video coverage

3. San Jose Rally

i. Media coverage: Business Week

3. CIR 2006: Manager's amendment
1. IV lobbies to ensure that this amendment contains favorable provisions for high-skilled immigrants
2. The amendment was PASSED, although the bill itself did not survive
4. Access to lawmakers
1. IV is in close contact with Hon. Rep. Zoe Lofgrenís office on several issues related to Employment Based Immigration
2. IV closely worked with Hon. Rep. Zoe Lofgren who played an instrumental role in bringing about reversal of July Visa Bulletin
5. Contact with USCIS. IV was the first one to bring news of the July 2007 Visa Bulletin reversal
6. IV Spokesperson invited to conference at top US University
7. Only organization FOR high-skilled immigrants BY high skilled immigrants
1. Most visited site by high-skilled immigrants in the
2. Number of registered members has risen from 50 to 25000 in less than 2 years! The following are approximate figures:

i. 1/2006: 60

ii. 2/2006: 600

iii. 7/2006: 4500

iv. 1/2007: 7500

v. 7/2007: 15000

vi. 8/2007: 20000

vii. 11/2007: 25000

viii. 07/2008: 30000

IX. 09/2009: 36,810

goel_ar
11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Thank you.

- Reversal of July 2007 bulletin
- Two year EAD AP
- Streamlined screening process
- publish visa usage & pending inventory data

tonyHK12
11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
7. Only organization FOR high-skilled immigrants BY high skilled immigrants
1. Most visited site by high-skilled immigrants in the
2. Number of registered members has risen from 50 to 25000 in less than 2 years!

This is true and the only one working actively working for our cause. If this organization is not succeeding to its full potential, its only because high skilled immigrants did not support it to the extent they could. Everyone wants to know what IV acheived - with $175???

you can get an idea of contributions from the ticker on the top of this page -
"Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received:"

The illegal lobby is picking up an average of a few hundred thousand dollars each month - result CIR, Dream, lawsuits and support in Media and chambers of govt.

The other part is getting public support, which I feel we already have. breaking news (apologies to faux haters):
http://nation.foxnews.com/arizona-immigration-law/2010/11/10/texas-goes-arizona-style-immigration-law

nousername
11-10-2010, 02:43 PM
very well said goel.. I said the same thing to IV and I got God knows how many reds. The only time I saw a huge impact was after July fiasco but again it was not IV's alone effort, many other organizations were included.

Honestly IV is a great platform to help members with their questions and exchange knowledge about immigration topics but nothing more.. I don't expect the founders to leave their full time jobs to address immigration issues as without a job they won't have any immigration issues.

To people who say that illegals have huge support and resources that is because they have lobby money from businesses who need cheap labor, lawyers who need new clients and politicians who need (future) votes..

In our case business know that first we are not any cheap and second they can move the jobs overseas.. Lawyers already know that they have us by the b***s and politicians flip - flop depending on who they talk to (citizens or us).

thomachan72
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM

Goel_ar, I dont know why anybody would give you a red for asking this question. It is a very valid question.
I would like to say that dont count what IV has achieved but try to consider the situation "If there was no organization like IV around". Right now even if you have some issues (minor or major) you could communicate with like minded people in one place and hopefully get solutions. If you are a continued donor then IV even helps to solve some of the issues?
There are lot of benefits in being organized and whether you donate or not it is well in our interest that this survives and stays strong. What is a new opportunity arises, immediately we have a platform to jump in, right? without IV existing that would be difficult to organize and arrange at short notice.
Hope this and other posts helps friend;);)

hpandey
11-10-2010, 02:56 PM
This is true and the only one working actively working for our cause. If this organization is not succeeding to its full potential, its only because high skilled immigrants did not support it to the extent they could. Everyone wants to know what IV acheived - with $175???

you can get an idea of contributions from the ticker on the top of this page -
"Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received:"

The illegal lobby is picking up an average of a few hundred thousand dollars each month - result CIR, Dream, lawsuits and support in Media and chambers of govt.

The other part is getting public support, which I feel we already have. breaking news (apologies to faux haters):
Texas Goes for Arizona-Style Immigration Law - Arizona Immigration Law - Fox Nation (http://nation.foxnews.com/arizona-immigration-law/2010/11/10/texas-goes-arizona-style-immigration-law)

Tony -

As you say that the illegal immigrant lobby gets hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Do you think any illegal immigrant is contributing this money. They work for minimum wages and have hardly any money to spare.

I think most of the money comes from businesses that employ these people to cut costs. We don't have any such resource. So I don't think IV not getting enough donations can be blamed on IV users.

I have donated as much as I can without getting my budget in jeopardy with all the mortgage , taxes, "health insurance " .medicare, car payments etc etc that we have to deal with.

Another point I think is that even if IV had a couple of million dollars I don't think it will be able to pursuade the Congress to pass any legislation to bring relief to legal immigrants considering the mood of the people in the Congress . No one would like to hurt their political career with voting for us in the Congress. The politicians do only lip service whether for illegal or legal immigrant bills. They have zero interest in seeing them passed in the Congress.

tonyHK12
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Tony -

As you say that the illegal immigrant lobby gets hundreds of thousands of dollars per month. Do you think any illegal immigrant is contributing this money. They work for minimum wages and have hardly any money to spare.
I think most of the money comes from businesses that employ these people to cut costs.

Yes true, the hispanic groups is also about 50 million in size. I'm sure these businesses are breaking some law in funding, besides employment.
There are large organizations that support our cause too, especially IT. They played a big part in positive H1 reform. Not sure if they were approached or they work independently.
It looks like were averaging $0.05 per IV member though.
I find it hard to believe we don't have 2000 H-1s willing to contribute $25 a month
do people expect 40-50 persons to fund IV for campaigns that can benefit 45,000 members, as they watch from the sidelines?

Another point I think is that even if IV had a couple of million dollars I don't think it will be able to pursuade the Congress to pass any legislation to bring relief to legal immigrants .

I will defer that to core group & Donor Forum, but IV has acheived a lot of things as posted earlier, part of it through active lobby groups and political experts.
Well the illegal lobby is not doing anything much different, it looks like Dream will go through.

blacktongue
11-10-2010, 04:01 PM
waitingwaiting You can see current one. It is as good as new for EB3. There is no chance EB3 will current.

Employment- Based

All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed
CHINA- mainland born INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
1st C C C C C
2nd C 01JUN06 08MAY06 C C
3rd 22JAN05 22NOV03 22JAN02 01MAY01 22JAN05

coolngood4u80
11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
wonder why bulletin hasn't come out yet...

vishwak
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Tomm is Veterans Day holiday and as usual person who responsible might have left in noon without posting it.

I know its rotten joke, please bear with me.

tselva
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
The following is my prediction....

Employment- Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C 01DEC06 22MAY06 C C
3rd 01APR05 01DEC03 01FEB02 01MAY01 22JAN05

lost
11-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Will it be on Friday?

vishwak
11-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I think we should get VB tomm as today its Fed Holiday Veterans Day.

Michael chertoff
11-11-2010, 10:50 AM
The following is my prediction....

Employment- Based

1st C C C C C
2nd C 01DEC06 22MAY06 C C
3rd 01APR05 01DEC03 01FEB02 01MAY01 22JAN05

Dear tselva,

why 22May06 for India EB2, i think your PD is before that. can you please add two more months, that covers mine too.

i dont have any hope in December bulletin, waiting for next year.

Anyways, I hope all of us should get out of this mess ASAP.

Thanks

MC

tonyHK12
11-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Dear tselva,

why 22May06 for India EB2, i think your PD is before that. can you please add two more months, that covers mine too.

MC

Why not 3 more years either :)

Another point I think is that even if IV had a couple of million dollars I don't think it will be able to pursuade the Congress to pass any legislation to bring relief to legal immigrants considering the mood of the people in the Congress . No one would like to hurt their political career with voting for us in the Congress. The politicians do only lip service whether for illegal or legal immigrant bills. They have zero interest in seeing them passed in the Congress.

Well thought I had to answer this better. The answer is YES, we can get bills introduced and passed if we had 2 million dollars. Lets not make assumptions about what congress cares for, we'll let core members handle that. As written previously, we have managed to get quite a lot of change done with minuscule funding, even though we haven't been able to afford the best people.
Maybe right now even achieved a bit more than the illegal immigration lobby.
How exactly do we do it? - Check Donor forum, where we get constant updates on our efforts in Washington DC.

Donations start at a one time of $25, even if that's the only thing you do all year.
There are some thinking why not get everything for free, when IV is already working? Its a tendency of many to save as much as possible, and get the thrill of getting something free. As I speak, Donors are benefiting from IVs efforts. United we can achieve a lot, Divided we fail.

The other common excuse is - "I really don't care, even if I don't get the GC, I can always find a job back home. Pay $1000 for my return flight. Just visiting... "
Well I guess the other option of spending much less, getting a GC in 1-2 years, starting your own business in the USA, making much more money is really something no one wants.

babu123
11-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Lets make current for the benefit of every one :-)

GCHope2011
11-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Why not 3 more years either :)

Well thought I had to answer this better. The answer is YES, we can get bills introduced and passed if we had 2 million dollars. Lets not make assumptions about what congress cares for, we'll let core members handle that. As written previously, we have managed to get quite a lot of change done with minuscule funding, even though we haven't been able to afford the best people.
Maybe right now even achieved a bit more than the illegal immigration lobby.
How exactly do we do it? - Check Donor forum, where we get constant updates on our efforts in Washington DC.

Donations start at a one time of $25, even if that's the only thing you do all year.
There are some thinking why not get everything for free, when IV is already working? Its a tendency of many to save as much as possible, and get the thrill of getting something free. As I speak, Donors are benefiting from IVs efforts. United we can achieve a lot, Divided we fail.

The other common excuse is - "I really don't care, even if I don't get the GC, I can always find a job back home. Pay $1000 for my return flight. Just visiting... "
Well I guess the other option of spending much less, getting a GC in 1-2 years, starting your own business in the USA, making much more money is really something no one wants.
Agree with you Tony - there are so many members of this forum - I find it hard to believe that everyone's budget is so tight, that they cannot afford to divert $25 per-month to a cause that is going to help them directly.

I am not underestimating the value of $300 per-year, but compared to the value that this is likely to drive, it is certainly an investment that can provide handsome returns.

I would rather NOT believe that most people here are with a free-loader mentality - waiting for others to fund and drive the momentum, while they just keep yapping about their problems and concerns about the situation, laws, regulations, illegals, employers etc. etc.

In my opinion people are missing the big picture of that if everyone contributed, there could be significant momentum that could be created - a $25 per-month contribution could lead to a $500K monthly lobbying fund - which is a non-trivial amount to drive our agenda.

tonyHK12
11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Agree with you Tony - there are so many members of this forum - I find it hard to believe that everyone's budget is so tight, that they cannot afford to divert $25 per-month to a cause that is going to help them directly.
I would rather NOT believe that most people here are with a free-loader mentality - waiting for others to fund and drive the momentum, while they just keep yapping about their problems and concerns about the situation, laws, regulations, illegals, employers etc. etc.

Yes but empirical evidence points to the contrary - About 100 something donors out of 45000
Some persons have trust issues with sending money to IV.
Guys Immigration voice is a non-profit, and as core group mentioned in their video, people can be arrested for misusing funds. The annual reports for previous years are available.
Immigration Voice funds disclosure on Yahoo! Video (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/234998/1863489)

In my opinion people are missing the big picture of that if everyone contributed, there could be significant momentum that could be created - a $25 per-month contribution could lead to a $500K monthly lobbying fund - which is a non-trivial amount to drive our agenda.

Yes people need to learn that we are small in number and need everyone to support each others cause. Even 5 bucks a month from everyone is enough to achieve the dream - average lunch money. Sometimes I'm surprised we're dealing with high skilled immigrants here.
While almost everyone has been in a situation of spending hundreds of dollars in immigration fees. I paid $1000 6 months back for premium processing.
Some people have experienced old corruption in Indian politics and think things are the same here. I assure you its not.
So whats the next excuse going to be now? laziness or boredom?

dummgelauft
11-11-2010, 06:29 PM

I am not underestimating the value of $300 per-year, but compared to the value that this is likely to drive, it is certainly an investment that can provide handsome returns.

Thank YOU!!

Dude, I have been sparring with Pappu and Starsun for quite some time now. IV needs to be a "Paying Members Only" organisation.
Per some statistics regularly floating around here, IV has 40,000 odd members. A membership fee as small as $1/month!! ($12/year), will INSURE a steady flow of funds, that will make a HUGE difference.
Even if 20,000 of that 40,000 run away due to the $12.00/yr subscription requirement, that still leaves IV with almost a QUARTER million dollars worth of cash at hand, . True, it wil lbe hard work to keep the membership numbers up, but think about it, a smaller, more focused organisation, with enough liquid cash, to be able to hold events, rallys, make campaign contributions etc......

tonyHK12
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank YOU!!

Dude, I have been sparring with Pappu and Starsun for quite some time now. IV needs to be a "Paying Members Only" organisation.
Per some statistics regularly floating around here, IV has 40,000 odd members. A membership fee as small as $1/month!! ($12/year), will INSURE a steady flow of funds, that will make a HUGE difference.
Even if 20,000 of that 40,000 run away due to the $12.00/yr subscription requirement, that still leaves IV with almost a QUARTER million dollars worth of cash at hand, .

thats a good idea, and at the same time we also need to show our numbers.
I would say, lets make this a $5 monthly membership org. IV can help you much more than your Immigration attorney can.
I'm not aware of any one else who directly deals with USCIS and with chambers of govt.
Yes focus is needed right now, since after 4 years CIR is off the table and its time for piece meal bills which need renewed campaigning
Many are a bit selfish just concerned with their particular case and want a quick answer, but don't want to help the high skilled community as a whole.

you can click on member list and just on top the current count is 45,676

vishwak
11-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Lets make current for the benefit of every one :-)

C for all and collect money for 485 and retro in coming month???

Is that you mean. I believe there are lot of people who has Priority date before 08-May-06 and still waiting for GC.
Lets hope date remains same or jump couple of weeks a head.

vishwak
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Pederson Immigration Law Group, P.C. - December 2010 Visa Bulletin Sneak Preview! (http://www.usvisainfo.com/content/view/192/31/)

What does this mean???

imh1b
11-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Visa bulletin is coming today

Michael chertoff
11-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Pederson Immigration Law Group, P.C. - December 2010 Visa Bulletin Sneak Preview! (http://www.usvisainfo.com/content/view/192/31/)

What does this mean???

The disappointing news is that the projections for EB2 for India born applicants will not advance for several months. For the months of October and November 2010, the Department of State has used 700 EB2 numbers and that does not count the demand for USCIS for EB2 numbers.

besically , nothing going to change.

Thanks

MC

vishwak
11-12-2010, 10:36 AM
That means Eb-2 I screwed....for several months.
God bless all our Eb2-I guys.

dummgelauft
11-12-2010, 10:41 AM
thats a good idea, and at the same time we also need to show our numbers.
I would say, lets make this a $5 monthly membership org. IV can help you much more than your Immigration attorney can.
I'm not aware of any one else who directly deals with USCIS and with chambers of govt.
Yes focus is needed right now, since after 4 years CIR is off the table and its time for piece meal bills which need renewed campaigning
Many are a bit selfish just concerned with their particular case and want a quick answer, but don't want to help the high skilled community as a whole.

you can click on member list and just on top the current count is 45,676

Tony, IV core is not even willing to consider the $12/yr idea, leave alone $5/mth.
Send a message to Pappu and see what he says.

waitingnwaiting
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
That means Eb-2 I screwed....for several months.
God bless all our Eb2-I guys.

They are very much better off now. Their dates will be all current in one-two years. We in EB3 have to wait 20 years. So couple of month wait is nothing.

waitingnwaiting
11-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Visa bulletin is coming today

As EB3 why do you even watch visa bulletins? It is only for EB2. EB3 have to wait 20 years.

TeddyKoochu
11-12-2010, 10:53 AM
The disappointing news is that the projections for EB2 for India born applicants will not advance for several months. For the months of October and November 2010, the Department of State has used 700 EB2 numbers and that does not count the demand for USCIS for EB2 numbers.

besically , nothing going to change.

Thanks

MC

I think we should get VB tomm as today its Fed Holiday Veterans Day.

Guys nothing new in here, EB2 I/C will most likely have to wait till the spillover season starts in Jul 2011 there will be good movement atleast equal to last Year so do not worry, we just need to be patient. for Eb2 I/C folks except if the PD is very close like in May itís time to take a chill pill because the annual allocation is not even enough to take care of PD porting or older applications.

tonyHK12
11-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Tony, IV core is not even willing to consider the $12/yr idea, leave alone $5/mth.
Send a message to Pappu and see what he says.

Well i see their point too, we have to show uscis we have 45000+ members. At the same time we have to get in the range of thousands of donors.
how to do both?

well right now mostly only Donors benefit from IVs efforts.

tselva
11-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Dear tselva,

i dont have any hope in December bulletin, waiting for next year.

Anyways, I hope all of us should get out of this mess ASAP.

Thanks

MC

MC

You will come to know how far I am right at 3.34 PM today!! By the way, it is PST :D

I will start charging for my prediction from next month. I will also extend the prediction for individual cases!!. Who knows I will become a richer than greencard attorneys.

Bottom line is that taking about immigration becomes more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpkml
11-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Visa Bulletin For December 2010 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5197.html)

spicy_guy
11-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Visa Bulletin For December 2010 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5197.html)

Copy Nov Bullet-innnn and Paste ===> Dec Bullet-out! :)

sunny1000
11-12-2010, 05:35 PM
This is their projection for coming months:
---------------------------------------------------

Employment-based: At this time it is unlikely that there will be any cut-off dates in the Employment First preference during the coming months. It also appears unlikely that it will be necessary to establish a cut-off date other than those already in effect for the Second preference category. Cut-off dates continue to apply to the China and India Second preference categories due to heavy demand.
Based on current indications of demand, the best case scenarios for cut-off date movement each month during the coming months are as follows:

Employment Second:

China: none to two weeks

India: no movement

Employment Third:

Worldwide: three to six weeks

China: one to three weeks

India: none to two weeks

Mexico: although continued forward movement is expected, no specific projections are possible at this time.

Philippines: three to six weeks

tonyHK12
11-14-2010, 12:58 PM
This is their projection for coming months:
---------------------------------------------------

Employment-based: At this time it is unlikely that there will be any cut-off dates in the Employment First preference during the coming months. It also appears unlikely that it will be necessary to establish a cut-off date other than those already in effect for the Second preference category. Cut-off dates continue to apply to the China and India Second preference categories due to heavy demand.
Based on current indications of demand, the best case scenarios for cut-off date movement each month during the coming months are as follows:

Employment Second:

China: none to two weeks

India: no movement

Employment Third:

Worldwide: three to six weeks

China: one to three weeks

India: none to two weeks

Mexico: although continued forward movement is expected, no specific projections are possible at this time.

Philippines: three to six weeks

Deja Vu!!!