PDA

View Full Version : EB-2 : Same Job Title in Previous Experience?

kapish
11-10-2010, 11:06 PM
We have the following question related to "Computer and Information Scientist, Research" Job Title for EB-2 Green Card Category.

Now a days under EB-2 if someone is working in the "Software/ IT" field the only job title that is eligible to apply is "Computer and Information Scientist, Research".

Also, under EB-2 for a person with Bachelors degree; 5+ Years experience is required.

My current Job Title with the current company applying my Green Card is already the same from last 6 months approximately. I had different job titles [e.g. Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead/ Programmer Analyst] in my previous work experience but with most of the job duties/ responsibilities matching to “Computer & Information Scientist, Research” Job Title. Also, I had 5+ Years experience prior to joining my GC sponsoring employer. I progressively evolved in my job duties & responsibilities in last few year of time frame & got promoted to the “Computer & Information Scientist, Research” Job Title with my current employer in recent.

My question is "is it mandatory to have the same Job Title i.e. of Computer & Information Scientist, Research for 5 Years prior to joining the current employer sponsoring my GC in order to file under EB-2 category"?

dreamgc_real
11-11-2010, 11:07 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1704522

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC
11-11-2010, 01:47 PM
ASK THE LAWYER FOR FREE int the NOV 11 FREE ATTORNEY CALL
FREE CALLS EVERY WEEK

We have the following question related to "Computer and Information Scientist, Research" Job Title for EB-2 Green Card Category.

Now a days under EB-2 if someone is working in the "Software/ IT" field the only job title that is eligible to apply is "Computer and Information Scientist, Research".

Also, under EB-2 for a person with Bachelors degree; 5+ Years experience is required.

My current Job Title with the current company applying my Green Card is already the same from last 6 months approximately. I had different job titles [e.g. Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead/ Programmer Analyst] in my previous work experience but with most of the job duties/ responsibilities matching to “Computer & Information Scientist, Research” Job Title. Also, I had 5+ Years experience prior to joining my GC sponsoring employer. I progressively evolved in my job duties & responsibilities in last few year of time frame & got promoted to the “Computer & Information Scientist, Research” Job Title with my current employer in recent.

My question is "is it mandatory to have the same Job Title i.e. of Computer & Information Scientist, Research for 5 Years prior to joining the current employer sponsoring my GC in order to file under EB-2 category"?