PDA

View Full Version : USCIS being insensitive towards our situation

iwantgc
09-14-2006, 11:42 PM
I think we should get media's attention and broadcast how serious the problem is that USCIS causes us all. First of all, USCIS is not transparent at all on how they come up with so limited number of visa every month.

:mad:

brb2
09-14-2006, 11:51 PM
FYI - it is the state department that announces the visa availability - NOT USCIS. Further by law DOS is not allowed to exceed capped immigrant visa quotas (diversity, labor etc).

I think we should get media's attention and broadcast how serious the problem is that USCIS causes us all. First of all, USCIS is not transparent at all on how they come up with so limited number of visa every month.

ufo2002
09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
FYI - it is the state department that announces the visa availability - NOT USCIS. Further by law DOS is not allowed to exceed capped immigrant visa quotas (diversity, labor etc).

BTW, how many government depts are involved in EB immigration?
I count 3 so far: Labor, State, and Homeland Security (USCIS belongs to them).

brb2
09-15-2006, 03:06 PM
State labor, Federal labor - DOL, USCIS (including service center and local office and the finger printing agencies), all the background check agencies including the FBI, DOS that is charged with controlling visa numbers. And if one is going the consular processing instead of adjustment of status then over 150 US consulates world wide depending on your country of nationality:)

BTW, how many government depts are involved in EB immigration?
I count 3 so far: Labor, State, and Homeland Security (USCIS belongs to them).

imcdude
09-15-2006, 03:57 PM

As mentioned above, USCIS does not come up with the numbers.

Secondly if you go in to the number of visas available, let us take EB3 for India for example.

There are only 2800 visas that can be issued per year for EB3-India.

The 2800 visas include the primary applicant and his/her family members.

Assuming that in a family, there are 2.5 (on an average) members, there are only (2800/2.5 = 1120) 1120 PRIMARY applicants that will be benifited in a year.

So Dept of State has very few numbers to work with.

The number of visas needs to be increased. That is the crux of the problem.

masti_Gai
09-15-2006, 04:54 PM
i might have to wait another couple of years before i could even dream about the GC i guess:eek: :eek:

purethoughts
09-18-2006, 11:14 AM
As mentioned above, USCIS does not come up with the numbers.

Secondly if you go in to the number of visas available, let us take EB3 for India for example.

There are only 2800 visas that can be issued per year for EB3-India.

The 2800 visas include the primary applicant and his/her family members.

Assuming that in a family, there are 2.5 (on an average) members, there are only (2800/2.5 = 1120) 1120 PRIMARY applicants that will be benifited in a year.

So Dept of State has very few numbers to work with.

The number of visas needs to be increased. That is the crux of the problem.

You will also have to dicount the number of duplicate cases filed by applicants just for "backup scenario". This will also put lots of burden on the system since USICS system is benefit centric not the applicant centric. They actually have no idea how many dulplicate applications are there in the backlog due to this benefit centric approach. The ombudsman of CIS supported and recommended this applicant centric approach to revive the immigration process and to reduce the probelms. Please read the report here http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/CISOmbudsman_AnnualReport_2006.pdf if you really want to learn something about USCIS.