PDA

View Full Version : Dec 2010 Visa Bulletin Out!

sandy_anand
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Visa Bulletin For December 2010 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5197.html)

India - all categories - no change as expected!

desijackass
11-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Also says no change expected in the coming months.
See bottom of the bulletin.
:(

:mad:
F. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

Employment-based: At this time it is unlikely that there will be any cut-off dates in the Employment First preference during the coming months. It also appears unlikely that it will be necessary to establish a cut-off date other than those already in effect for the Second preference category. Cut-off dates continue to apply to the China and India Second preference categories due to heavy demand.
Based on current indications of demand, the best case scenarios for cut-off date movement each month during the coming months are as follows:

Employment Second:

China: none to two weeks

India: no movement

Employment Third:

Worldwide: three to six weeks

China: one to three weeks

India: none to two week

cbpds
11-12-2010, 07:31 PM
why do we even need a bulletin in this case? sheer waste of time for even the folks publishing it,
waste of gov resources, IT guy has to update, gov employee has to check, someone has to send out the release.

Seems to me like its been decided by BO or HC .......go home everyone.

Also says no change expected in the coming months.
See bottom of the bulletin.
:(

:mad:
F. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

Employment-based: At this time it is unlikely that there will be any cut-off dates in the Employment First preference during the coming months. It also appears unlikely that it will be necessary to establish a cut-off date other than those already in effect for the Second preference category. Cut-off dates continue to apply to the China and India Second preference categories due to heavy demand.
Based on current indications of demand, the best case scenarios for cut-off date movement each month during the coming months are as follows:

Employment Second:

China: none to two weeks

India: no movement

Employment Third:

Worldwide: three to six weeks

China: one to three weeks

India: none to two week

GCScrewed
11-13-2010, 05:07 PM
How come they have not posted the demand data for the Dec. bulliten? We need to make sure they post the information to prevent them from moving the date in consistent with their policy. Someone raised the question related to EB3 Mexco... one year vs. the rest 1 or 2 weeks. Mexico should have the slowest movement as its demand is very high based on the Nov. demand data. In addition, Mexico must have a lot of cases in the field office as they can't even predict its movement as indicated in the Dec. bulliten.

Bottom line... we need to closely monitor all the numbers... ideally reconcile them. Otherwise, their imcompetency and unethical behavior will mess up the bulliten again. :rolleyes:

goosetavo
11-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind Mexico's numbers as well. According to the latest cut-off date tables http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf

Mexico has about 5,800 folks total for EB-3 in the queue so far, but we have seen very little movement in the past years. My questions to the forum:

1) Is the slow movement due to so many cases in field offices not yet reported?

2) Do family-based numbers take away from the 7% of 140K visas a year or are these solely for EB?

3) Any idea why movement is so slow for Mexico given the numbers of people currently in the queue?

Theories are welcome.

tonyHK12
11-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind Mexico's numbers as well. According to the latest cut-off date tables http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf

Mexico has about 5,800 folks total for EB-3 in the queue so far, but we have seen very little movement in the past years. My questions to the forum:

2) Do family-based numbers take away from the 7% of 140K visas a year or are these solely for EB?

3) Any idea why movement is so slow for Mexico given the numbers of people currently in the queue?

Theories are welcome.

Yes I agree something doesn't add up. The yearly quota should be at least 2800 visas for EB3 from Mexico.
Maybe they're waiting for the end of quarter to allocate visas.
IV generally follows up for donor members.

willigetgc?
11-15-2010, 11:14 AM

Theories are welcome.

1. Yes, It is be possible that there are many cases in the field offices that are not counted
2. No, the 140K is solely for the EB category, the FB does not take any visa numbers from EB unless there is more visa numbers available than applicants...........which in the current situation is not true

forgerator
11-15-2010, 11:42 AM
why do we even need a bulletin in this case? sheer waste of time for even the folks publishing it,
waste of gov resources, IT guy has to update, gov employee has to check, someone has to send out the release.

Seems to me like its been decided by BO or HC .......go home everyone.

agreed. Very frustrating to see the lack of movement.

Project_A
11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Here is the latest snapshot of the backlog of EB applications:
EB1= 7,595 + 2,961 ( at NVC) + new applications.
EB2= 45,573 + 6,738 ( at NVC) + Huge backlog waiting in line.
EB3= 114,442 + 102,395 ( at NVC) + unknown backlog waiting in line.
*NVC stands for National Visa Center.
** Does not include service centers.

* Spillover to EB3 may not happen for several years due to a large number of EB2's waiting to submit their 485 applications.
* Even if spillover occurs, majority of them will go to EB3 Philippines (please See the NVC backlog).
* From the above, assuming no spillover to EB3-I, it would take (56,640 + 20,873)/2600=30 years.
* With spillover (lets say after 5++ years due to the pending EB2ís), it may take another 5 to 7 years to clear the EB3 backlog.