PDA

View Full Version : Further movement in PD in April VB for Ind/Chi?

iv_only_hope
02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285

mpadapa
02-16-2008, 11:29 PM
we sure can make that good news happen provided we all make the admin campaign a success. Can we??

I have a feeling some good news is round the corner this "Election Year". Lets all keep our fingers crossed for any improvements in the increase of Visa numbers.

meridiani.planum
02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
I have a feeling some good news is round the corner this "Election Year". Lets all keep our fingers crossed for any improvements in the increase of Visa numbers.

what has election year got to do with visa numbers?

mbartosik
02-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Hey, it is welcome, but it is also proof that the people running this system cannot count.
Logically if EB2 India is U currently it means that no visas are left, I know how to count to zero, following the rules they must have found new visas under the carpet or miscounted issued visa, or expecting a lot of spill over from EB1, unless they have changed interpretation of rules for EB2, like EB2 can now take from EB3.

paskal
02-17-2008, 02:30 AM
they have a quarterly limit too which ensures they have Gc numbers in the last quarter. so how did they exhaust the whole year's quota by feb? or was it just quarterly allocation?

humdesi
02-17-2008, 03:13 AM
There's nothing new in that website. EB-2 India for entire FY is GONE.. FINIS.. KHATAM... KHALLAS.

Theoretically there might be some spillover if EB-3 RoW doesn't get used. But with namecheck requirements lifted and EB-3 RoW advanced so early, I doubt there's going to be any spillover.

Bottomline - wait till Oct for EB-2 India. Big question is at what date will it open and how fast will it move. Well, we saw how EB-2 became unavailable even after retrogressing to Jan 2000. So not much hope of going beyond 2001, even after Oct....

mallu
02-17-2008, 04:40 AM
There's nothing new in that website. EB-2 India for entire FY is GONE.. FINIS.. KHATAM... KHALLAS.
That forum posting by Attorney says " ...Charles Oppenheim spoke. Mr. Oppenheim is the officer within the Visa Office tasked with calculating visa bulletin cutoff dates each month. He offered the following thoughts as to cutoff date movement in the upcoming months:

In April, India and China EB2 will be set at 12/01/2003

So ?

humdesi
02-17-2008, 04:59 AM
Which was effectively nullified by

"Default Re: Predicted Visa Bulletin movement
Nothing was said, but logically, unless there is worldwide EB3 movement, EB2 for China and India can't advance. EB for India and China have already maxed out for the year and all additional movement is based on leftovers from the rest of the world."

puvathoor
02-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Even if Charles did say that EB2 India / China will have a cut off date of Dec 2003, how come the lawyers did not question him on this logic?

EB2 India was U from Feb 2008... The way I (and most people) interpreted that was that all visas for FY 2008 were used up... The possibility of new visas was only through spillover from other categories (or recapture of unused visas from other years).

What's happening here that after being moved to Jan 2000 before becoming U in Feb, suddenly things are moving all the way to 2003.

While I would love for this to happen, this seems to be a very remote possibility.

softcrowd
02-17-2008, 10:46 AM
"U" does not mean quota is done for FY 08...it may be "U" becoz for those categoreis, quarterly quota exhausted....USCIS normally does not grab the entire FY's quota at one time...they do it quarterly basis.

Even i think definitely before Oct itself, EB2 India moves ahead.

iv_only_hope
02-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Well, no other sites have posted this. Murthy, AILA etc. so its difficult establishing credibility. Also, dont you find it strange that he says EB3 India wont move? It has been at 2001 since long time (excluding anomalies). If that wont move this year when will it move. Are there so many eb3s ? especially with ppl porting to eb2s?

indianindian2006
02-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, no other sites have posted this. Murthy, AILA etc. so its difficult establishing credibility. Also, dont you find it strange that he says EB3 India wont move? It has been at 2001 since long time (excluding anomalies). If that wont move this year when will it move. Are there so many eb3s ? especially with ppl porting to eb2s?

The reason for only him reporting so far could be that it was a Southern California chapter meeting and he is the local attorney out there.

puvathoor
02-17-2008, 12:02 PM
"U" does not mean quota is done for FY 08...it may be "U" becoz for those categoreis, quarterly quota exhausted....USCIS normally does not grab the entire FY's quota at one time...they do it quarterly basis.

Even i think definitely before Oct itself, EB2 India moves ahead.

Pasted below is language from the Jan 2008 Visa Bulletin..
-------------------
D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE CUT-OFF DATE RETROGRESSION FOR JANUARY

It has been necessary to once again retrogress the India Employment Second preference cut-off date. This is a direct result of continued heavy applicant demand for numbers by CIS for adjustment of status cases despite the retrogression which occurred for December. It is likely that the annual limit for this category will be reached within the next few months, at which time the category would become “unavailable” for the remainder of fiscal year 2008.
-----------------
Based upon the above information in the Jan 2008 VB, I cannot digest that they use visa numbers on a quarterly basis.. I can appreciate visa numbers becoming available in later part of 2008 FY because of spillover from the other categories ( EB1) or ROW categories..

Also, Agree that credibility of this quote is to be questioned.. This is a very specific date / comment (I doubt State dept can predict April #s a month in advance of the actual date of release. Additionally, as discussed in many forums, because of the new no NC required if > 180 days, a lot of older PD applications in all categories will start getting visa # allocated. This is probably starting only in late Feb and pick up steam in March... I would think that state dept will wait and see how many visa # s are being allocated before making a drastic move on any visa categories..

I did some more searches on the Search engines and it did return out this statement across a few law firms' websites..
http://www.subhani-law.com/subhanilaw_subidx_news.aspx?main_idx=GAdmin2003551 43026

So the potential of a movement in the 2nd half because of spill over from Eb1 India / China to Eb2 India / China remains..

There is reason to be optimistic..

chakalov
02-17-2008, 05:16 PM
The spill over will come from EB1 India guys not from ROW.

Googler
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
See more discussion here (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=224161&postcount=211).

FinalGC
02-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I believe the spillover will come from ROW EB3

mallu
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
I believe the spillover will come from ROW EB3

I was wondering what are the rules regarding the 'overflow' stuff. Any document ?

iv_only_hope
02-18-2008, 12:00 AM
What abt the other categories which seem to be current 4th 5th religious workers etc. Where will their visas go if they stay current?

humdesi
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM
I was wondering what are the rules regarding the 'overflow' stuff. Any document ?

It's discussed here in detail:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=205986

eeezzz
02-19-2008, 02:18 PM
I still don't see where this "spill from EB-1 ABC country to EB-2 ABC country" idea coming from.
We all know there's no fixed number of quota for any country in each EB category. There's only "up to" limit for each country. Although some countries may hit their limit early, but that doesn't mean that is reserved quota for that counrty. Since there's no reserved quota for any country, where is the "spill from EB-1 ABC country to EB-2 ABC country" idea coming from ?

"There is some possibility that India EB-2 could again become available if it appears that the demand for India EB-1 will not exceed the annual limit, but, that determination will not be able to be made until the second half of the fiscal year"
I think this means
1. If EB-3 RoW Current, unused quota goes to other countries which is not current, from EB-1 -> EB-2 -> EB-3, either randomly or again by country limit to use these extra quota.
or
2. If EB-3 Row not current. unused quota goes to other countries which is not current, from EB-1 -> EB-2 ->EB-3, either randomly or again by country limit to use these extra quota at 4th quarter in order to not waste any quota.

Googler
02-20-2008, 04:04 PM
More on this at here (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17450).