PDA

View Full Version : How is State Dept calculating cutoff dates?

sh2005
02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
This is a curiosity I have had ever since the July 2007 fiasco happened. Now that USCIS has I-485 applications from those whose labor cert were approved by July/August 2007, is the state dept using that info to control the cutoff dates? In the past, state dept used to predict the date moments based on trends from the previous months (very similar to how we predict visa bulletins here in the forum, except state dept used data ;)). But now, USCIS can feed data to state dept on exactly (ok, maybe almost exactly) how many visas can/will be used if cutoff date is moved forward by a particular number of days for a particular category. Has there been any indication from State dept or USCIS on how this is done currently?

Ram_C
02-20-2008, 03:50 PM
This is a curiosity I have had ever since the July 2007 fiasco happened. Now that USCIS has I-485 applications from those whose labor cert were approved by July/August 2007, is the state dept using that info to control the cutoff dates? In the past, state dept used to predict the date moments based on trends from the previous months (very similar to how we predict visa bulletins here in the forum, except state dept used data ;)). But now, USCIS can feed data to state dept on exactly (ok, maybe almost exactly) how many visas can/will be used if cutoff date is moved forward by a particular number of days for a particular category. Has there been any indication from State dept or USCIS on how this is done currently?

State Dept' is using the famous "Pinky Pinky Ponky" algorithm to control/estimate the cutoff dates :D.

take it easy :)

snowshoe
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
State Dept' is using the famous "Pinky Pinky Ponky" algorithm to control/estimate the cutoff dates :D.

Is this the modified "Inky Pinky Ponky" algorithm :-)

I just read a post by Googler, who spoke with DOS official in charge of setting cutoff dates. Googler said the following "He is waiting for USCIS to give him an estimate of the number of EB-2 India applications that would become eligible if he moves the cutoff dates 12/01/2003".

manderson
02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

iv_only_hope
02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
..and hmm I feel like making the date 2003 today.:).
Someone else comes: No man I have been checking all the sites for predictions, everyone thinks its gonna be 2003. Lets mess with them and make it 1998.