PDA

View Full Version : important

wam4wam
09-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Please everyone

start sending web faxes/Emails to house leader John Boener

Ask him to include the provisons from bill HR5744 ( SKIL bill) in the Border security bill to be passed next week

this is important

act now

mrajatish
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Where is the web-fax, I do not see any link

pappu
09-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Please everyone

Ask him to include the provisons from bill HR5744 ( SKIL bill) in the Border security bill to be passed next week

this is important

act now
please do not name a new thread without any description. This thread only said 'important' as its title.

FYI there is no webfax set up by IV for John Boener. wam4wam is only mentioning individual effort.

There is a webfax for skil bill
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_iv_webfax&task=getContactDetails&Itemid=46
if you have not sent the fax yet you can send the webfax from the link above.

qplearn
09-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Please everyone

this is important

act now

Is there any particular reason for sending a fax to him? Don't get me wrong. I was wondering if he is a supporter of the bill and if he is very influential.

qplearn

wam4wam
09-18-2006, 03:17 PM
he is the person responsible to get the vote done on the border enforcement bill...he is the house majoroty leader...he has a lot of influence on what goes inside a bill...plus he is pro immigration guy ( pro business)

va_labor2002
09-18-2006, 06:07 PM
please do not name a new thread without any description. This thread only said 'important' as its title.

FYI there is no webfax set up by IV for John Boener. wam4wam is only mentioning individual effort.

There is a webfax for skil bill
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_iv_webfax&task=getContactDetails&Itemid=46
if you have not sent the fax yet you can send the webfax from the link above.

Can you set up a web fax from IV site to Mr. John Boener,so that we can send a fax immediately. Can you do that ?

bitu72
09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
good idea..probably core member should think about it

arnet
09-18-2006, 06:27 PM
IV core team,

it has been a long time since one sent webfax to lawmakers (i think the last one was about 2-3 mths ago). please come up with a webfax that deals with present situation problems and allow us to send to all senators/housereps including important policy and decision makers who deals with skill bill or immigration bill. we can ask them to consider to pass skill bill provisions in current session itself. worth a try!!! :)

thanks.

shukla77
09-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Considering it is probably the last chance this year , We should all sent webfax asap to have maximum impact.

aj_jadeja
09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Guys

I m not trying to start a debate about whether fax work or not but at least i have seen that it does not have solid effect.

My suggestion is why don't we try something else ? Else like 'Gandhigiri' applied by Munnabhai !

Why don't we keep on sending or send flowers to senators , powerful media reporters , congressmen etc with a card in it which explains issues faced by LEGAL/high skilled Immigrants for GC process ?

if this idea is crap or too filmy just ignore my request.

Thx

aj

Alabaman
09-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I'd say nice try... thinking outside the box. For us to make an impact we need to think outside the box and tow a unique route. Not just sending blind web faxes. I wonder how many web faxes they get in a day and I wonder how many end up in the shredder. I am not saying we should stop web faxes but we also need to supplement with approaches that will make a senator say: "who could be sending me flowers? Let me see the note that came with it".

Guys

I m not trying to start a debate about whether fax work or not but at least i have seen that it does not have solid effect.

My suggestion is why don't we try something else ? Else like 'Gandhigiri' applied by Munnabhai !

Why don't we keep on sending or send flowers to senators , powerful media reporters , congressmen etc with a card in it which explains issues faced by LEGAL/high skilled Immigrants for GC process ?

if this idea is crap or too filmy just ignore my request.

Thx

aj

nixstor
09-18-2006, 06:45 PM
aj,

I like what you said, but in reality how many folks will send flowers. Also, you have to make sure whether you can send flowers to lawmakers if you are requesting a legislative action that favors you.

Alabaman
09-18-2006, 06:55 PM
aj,

I like what you said, but in reality how many folks will send flowers. Also, you have to make sure whether you can send flowers to lawmakers if you are requesting a legislative action that favors you.

Doesnt have to be flowers. Doenst even have to be a gift Moral of the story? We need to think outside of the box and not just rely on web faxes.

arnet
09-18-2006, 07:03 PM
we can try webfaxes and also the best feasible idea which we thought from "out of box" scenario. because we cant simple ASSUME that webfax goes to shredding (even though it happens).

my idea is try both not one.....

rb_248
09-18-2006, 07:55 PM
This is a great idea. Truly out of the box. IV core members.......please discuss this and give us all a go ahead and a consistent message to include in the card. Flowers cost around $30.00 to $60.00.....even if SKIL bill is not introduced this time, we will get the much needed media publicity. Also if we could also alert the media about this, our voice will definitely be heard.

va_labor2002
09-18-2006, 08:30 PM
This is a great idea. Truly out of the box. IV core members.......please discuss this and give us all a go ahead and a consistent message to include in the card. Flowers cost around $30.00 to $60.00.....even if SKIL bill is not introduced this time, we will get the much needed media publicity. Also if we could also alert the media about this, our voice will definitely be heard.

Excellent idea. We have to do something immediately.

We should send webfax,email,greeting card and some symbolic representation of legal immigrant's sufferings in a carton or picture. How is that idea ? It will give good media attention.

Any comments from Core team ? We have to do it immediately within 2-3 days !

gcnirvana
09-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Saw the movie last weekend and I agree Gandhigiri is a great idea. It need not be flowers, it could just be a 'Thank you (in advance)' card with a note saying:

"Thanks for reading; please support SKIL bill" - a Highly Skilled Immigrant

CoreTeam, what say you?

rb_248
09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Saw the movie last weekend and I agree Gandhigiri is a great idea. It need not be flowers, it could just be a 'Thank you (in advance)' card with a note saying:

"Thanks for reading; please support SKIL bill" - a Highly Skilled Immigrant

CoreTeam, what say you?

Gandhigiri has worked in South Africa during the turn of last century, has worked in India, has worked in U.S.A (Dr. MLK).....and will work now.

va_labor2002
09-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Gandhigiri has worked in South Africa during the turn of last century, has worked in India, has worked in U.S.A (Dr. MLK).....and will work now.

I agree with you. Peace and LOVE will always work. It can change the minds of many conservative congressmen ! We should think in a different angle.

aj_jadeja
09-19-2006, 12:33 AM
aj,

Thx .

As far as i know sending flowers or sending card is not like u r bribing somebody.

Now Q about how many ppl will send flowers, neither i have answer , nor i care . but i m willing to send flowers and card to few important ppl from my state CO.

va_labor2002
09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Thx .

As far as i know sending flowers or sending card is not like u r bribing somebody.

Now Q about how many ppl will send flowers, neither i have answer , nor i care . but i m willing to send flowers and card to few important ppl from my state CO.

Any comments from Core Team ? Atleast,we should send a new FAX now !

pa_arora
09-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Please post addresses and contacts for the senators here.

I am all for sending greeting cards to the Senators etc.

Also will appreciate if you can post the little stories here.

Thanks
-p

gcnirvana
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Please post addresses and contacts for the senators here.

I am all for sending greeting cards to the Senators etc.

Also will appreciate if you can post the little stories here.

Thanks
-p

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=36

It also prioritizes whom should we contact first. I am also planning to send cards but just wanted to get a yay/nay from Core Team.

rb_248
09-19-2006, 01:34 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=36

It also prioritizes whom should we contact first. I am also planning to send cards but just wanted to get a yay/nay from Core Team.

Please wait till we get a go ahead from the core members. Here is what super mod has to says....from another parallel thread.

Please understand the first and foremost, this is a security bill. The only reason this bill is introduced is to convince the voters that GOP is serious about National Security and hope that voters bring them back. This is NOT a comprehensive bill.

Also, we are working on this behind the scenes. Right now, the situation is very fluid. It all depends upon how the two parties play out in the senate (can't reveal much details here).

Believe us, the core team wants the amendments to go in to the bill as much as you do. We are individuals stuck in this mess ourselves and can understand everyone's frustrations.

The problem we are facing with attaching any amendments to the bill is if the powers-that-be include one amendment for us, the lobby for the undocumented will be up against it in arms to have one amendment of theirs introduced. Then the healthworkers (which btw is a very very powerful group) will want one of their issue taken up...and the list goes on. Then the democrats would oppose this piece-meal approach and ask for an actual comprehensive legislation.

GOP does not want to get into something like this as it will show them in poor light again (incapable of passing any legislation).

So please understand the practical difficulties we are facing but rest assured we will try our best..

qualified_trash
09-19-2006, 02:48 PM
As someone who is working with the core team, it is very heartening to see people willing to send flowers/cards etc. to the senators.

IMHO, that is money that you will have wasted. Instead, go ahead and contribute the same to IV so we can have the financial resources to backup the immense work being done by core members on the Hill.

sevenm
09-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Hi qualified trash,
Since we have no idea what that actual work on the Hill is and we see no current results, everyone feels that not enough is done and we need to help in some way. That's why people try to come up with different ideas. I will send flowers myself if it will resume the talk about SKIL bill. Probably we should be advised on what is the most efficient way to influence the lawmakers and be informed of what is actually done at this time. Thank you.

qualified_trash
09-19-2006, 03:17 PM
the only possible way for anything to work, will be to work with the lawmakers. the only way that can be done is by working with QGA as has been reiterated by other members such as pappu, rheoretro etc.

sending flowers is not going to convince a senator or someone from the congress to understand our problems. I have myself contributed (more) money this afternoon and IV will start a thread very soon (next couple of days)to track the same, I request that you contribute today and add your name to the list..............

To address your concern about what is happening, I am sorry but there is no other way to put it. It is not in our best interests to discuss current activities in the open. You are just going to have to trust the IV core group on this one.......

pa_arora
09-19-2006, 03:24 PM
qualified_trash

The card would just cost little $, and I dont think u will be interested to get those small bucks(precisely 2-3$), but will just make some remark.
So I would say lets go for it.

On the other hand, guys, indeed its a good idea to contribute to IV instead of sending 'expensive' flowers to Senators.

ciao
-p

qualified_trash
09-19-2006, 03:26 PM
if the card costs 3 dollars plus 39 cents for the postage, and you want to contribute say 50 dollars, why dont you not send the card and contribute 55 or 60. 10 dollars extra multiplied over say 1000 members is 10000 dollars..........

aj_jadeja
09-19-2006, 03:37 PM
if the card costs 3 dollars plus 39 cents for the postage, and you want to contribute say 50 dollars, why dont you not send the card and contribute 55 or 60. 10 dollars extra multiplied over say 1000 members is 10000 dollars..........

Members are free to do what they want.

Whats harm in trying THIS process too ? why are u soudning negative ?

Nobody here is trying to dictate terms on IV. WE r just suggesting out of box ideas which has chances of working . sending fax idea is outdated. lets innovate.

Flowers cost under $20.

http://products.proflowers.com/roses/ThankYouPetiteRoseBouquet-6483?catid=SSV

with a small note about our problems and perhaps solution.

Card cost has already been discussed. $5 shouldnt be much for every member.

ghost
09-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Personally I'd prefer sending flowers to the IV Core Members as they are putting their personal lives on hold for our cause.

With the recent security scare on the capitol hill, I know where my flowers would be if I sent them to the capitol hill.

Qualified_Trash is just being practical, nothing negative about it!

Nobody here is trying to dictate terms on IV. WE r just suggesting out of box ideas which has chances of working . sending fax idea is outdated. lets innovate.

Flowers cost under $20.

arnet
09-19-2006, 07:04 PM
read this competeamerica article, i posted this news article thread too.

in this article, few stories mentioned about backlog......

so we can create a slide for each story (or) a greeting card for each story (or) webfax/email with these stories, etc. (come up with ideas) and send it to lawmakers and we can urge them to fix the issue. This will make them think.

also IV core team should use this article to voice our cause.....

http://www.hammondlawfirm.com/monthly/CompeteAmerica_article.pdf

qualified_trash
09-19-2006, 09:15 PM

Flowers cost under $20.

I am sorry, I but I am not being negative, just practical. As I have already said time and again, sending flowers etc is of no use.

If $5 is not much for all the members, can you tell me why only 1300 to 1400 members (of the 5k plus registered members) have ever contributed anything to IV? What have the other 3700 members done in terms of money??

You are free to send a card, flowers, a bouquet, chocolates or anything else that you fancy to the lawmakers. I have said it once and will say it again, it is of no use.

As far as thinking out of the box goes, remember this, the best way to get things done in a Bureaucracy is by working in the box and not OUT OF THE BOX...............

The rest is up to you.