PDA

View Full Version : april VB out...india EB2..dec 2003

soma
03-13-2008, 10:32 AM
check mumbai consulate site....EB2 india is dec 2003. ron gotcher was right!!!...yahoooo!!!

the link is http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

hopefulgc
03-13-2008, 10:34 AM
could you please post the link to it. I can't find it. thanks

hopefulgc
03-13-2008, 10:36 AM
found it

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

it is for real!!!!

chanduv23
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
could you please post the link to it. I can't find it. thanks

Immigrant Visas
Cut-Off Dates for Immigrant Visas
We are pleased to announce the April 2008 cut-off dates for immigrant visas for individuals born in India and those born in most other countries.

To qualify for an appointment, an applicant's priority date (the date that the petition was filed) must fall before the cut-off date for the appropriate category.

The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin. If you have additional questions about cut-off dates and your case is being processed at the U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai, please e-mail us or call us at +91-22-2363-7407 between 2 and 4 p.m. IST.

Category India Most Other Countries
F1 22 February 2002 22 February 2002
FX 1 May 2002 1 May 2002
F2A 8 May 2003 8 May 2003
F2B 22 March 1999 22 March 1999
F3 22 May 2000 22 May 2000
F4 22 November 1996 22 July 1997
E1 Current Current
E2 1 December 2003 Current
E3 1 October 2001 1 July 2005
EX Unavailable Unavailable
EW 1 March 2002 1 March 2002
E4 Current Current
E4-Religious Current Current

md_alien
03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks OP for mining out this information. Thats the advantage of being in a forum, members are looking around at all places for information and sharing it with others. Keep up the good work.

GCwaitforever
03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Defintely good news. Now that namecheck problem is gone, we see bit of movement.

BharatPremi
03-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Are we sure that consular processing dates are mirror of AOS bulletin?

prinive
03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I couldnt belive it. But let us wait... I told some one that I will send sugar to them... Let me contact them through PM...

gramesh
03-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Especially since EB3 ROW is not current and it was the overflow from ROW that was supposed to make EB2 move forward ...

NKR
03-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Looks like I need to take up a priests job somewhere and file another GC in E4 category which is current. God willing, I might get GC soon.

BTW I was not expecting EB2 to move forward that much. Would be interesting to see if it moves further in next bulletin..

soma
03-13-2008, 11:06 AM
Are we sure that consular processing dates are mirror of AOS bulletin?

I am sure it is, I am a CP candidate, till now AOS dates mirrored CP dates and vice versa, so this time also it has to be true!!! Usually consulates get the dates b4hand from DOS, as they have to schedule interviews. I hope I'll be scheduled for the interview this april.

leoindiano
03-13-2008, 11:19 AM
One step closer.

With last year crisscrossing, EB2 India most apps are cleared upto september 2004. We should not have too many in 2004 except substitution cases.

Hope it will step into 2005 in next 4 months....

razis123
03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I am sure it is, I am a CP candidate, till now AOS dates mirrored CP dates and vice versa, so this time also it has to be true!!! Usually consulates get the dates b4hand from DOS, as they have to schedule interviews. I hope I'll be scheduled for the interview this april.

Hi Soma,
Can you please elaborate your case as a CP like how you opted for CP and how long you have been waiting? I have applied for 485 and my PD is 2006, so out of question my date will be current soon but i would like to go back to india to take care of my parents and then when my PD is current I can come back.
Thanks

chanduv23
I couldnt belive it. But let us wait... I told some one that I will send sugar to them... Let me contact them through PM...

Good luck - Guess u r through

Gravitation
Looks like I need to take up a priests job somewhere and file another GC in E4 category which is current. God willing, I might get GC soon.
I remember a few "shlokas" from Gita... that should suffice. I wish they allowed interfiling from EB3 to EB4.

chanduv23
03-13-2008, 11:23 AM
One step closer.

With last year crisscrossing, EB2 India most apps are cleared upto september 2004. We should not have too many in 2004 except substitution cases.

Yes, I guess the slowdown will happen when it hits the 2005 mark when PERM was introducted and a lot of EB3 were converted into EB2

soma
03-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Soma,
Can you please elaborate your case as a CP like how you opted for CP and how long you have been waiting? I have applied for 485 and my PD is 2006, so out of question my date will be current soon but i would like to go back to india to take care of my parents and then when my PD is current I can come back.
Thanks

Well, I have been waiting for over 5 yrs now. My case is a simple CP case, I was stuck in BEC, till June. The BEC wait frustrated me, so I had decided I would go for CP wouldn't like to wait for name check and the rest of the waits which comes with 485 filing. For that I had to forgo the luxury of EADs, AC21's and AP. Opted for CP during 140 filing, premium processing of 140 was still there during those times.Finished with that in 4 days and my file moved to NVC and from there to Mumbai consulate in October, and from then I've been waiting!!! Hopefully, I get an Interview date this April. And throughout the process I've been in this country, not India, since its EB category, so that aswers your question regarding moving back to India and coming back when PD is current.

NKR
03-13-2008, 11:36 AM
One step closer.

I might be wrong, but I think EB2 India came only uptil April 2004.

prinive
03-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks ... Yes I guess so...

Good luck - Guess u r through

kaisersose
03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I might be wrong, but I think EB2 India came only uptil April 2004.

And the next month (July) EB2 India became current. That is when visa numbers were issued to already pcoessed Sep 2004 cases and approved.

Jerrome
03-13-2008, 11:49 AM
If this bulletin is true I guess the guy at this link has predicted properly.

http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285

BharatPremi
03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, I guess the slowdown will happen when it hits the 2005 mark when PERM was introducted and a lot of EB3 were converted into EB2

Yep, that's "bull period". But assuming AOS bulletin mirrors CP bulletin, it looks like USCIS has decided to play with EB2-India. According to its own process, if USCIS might be working then this bulletin was not expected. 2 things I can think of. (1)EB3-ROW (From which numbers flow to EB2 -ROW then Eb2-countries) is confirmed empty and thus EB2-ROW is empty too (2) Somehow abrupt decision. If it is no:1 then it is really good news. But if it 2 then it will be bad for EB3-India as EB3-India is the MOST suffered lot during 2002-8. and Per country limit will make it more suffered with this illegitimate forward movement of EB2-India. Let's wait for AOS bulletin.

vnsriv
03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
If this bulletin is true I guess the guy at this link has predicted properly.

http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285

I still don't believe these dates.

leoindiano
03-13-2008, 12:19 PM
it doesnt hurt to believe, you are 9 months away...:-)

As the guy who posted it said, this is a normal process....Consulates will know 3 to 4 days before...

vnsriv
03-13-2008, 12:26 PM
it doesnt hurt to believe, you are 9 months away...:-)

As the guy who posted it said, this is a normal process....Consulates will know 3 to 4 days before...

That is correct, 9 months and then I will return to my country for good.
I am waiting for the day when we get the GC , we will tear it into pieces and throw in front of consulate.

Cheers

pointlesswait
03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I am waiting for the day when we get the GC , we will tear it into pieces and throw in front of consulate.

Cheers
yeah right..;-)

ns33
03-13-2008, 12:56 PM
I seriously hope that this is correct even though it doesn't apply to me : (

Anyway, IIRC, in past there have been incidences where VB posted in mumbai Consulate's website actually did not turn out to be true. Couple of years back - after the retrogression - it predicted huge forward movement which 2 days later turned out to be false hope...
so keep your fingers crossed...
: )

boreal
03-13-2008, 01:03 PM

I believe overall, in 2005 few LCs got certified compared to the previous years..so i am guessing the real slowdown will start from Dec 2005...

malaGCPahije
03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Good news and I am very happy for all Eb2...It seems like EB3 has not much hopes. It is moving at snail's pace, but with all the overflow from EB1 and ROWW going to EB2 only, looks like EB3 will take a long time to reach 2004/2005. If few of us in EB3 category get to see the GC before they leave the US, we should consider ourselves fortunate.

sammyb
03-13-2008, 01:11 PM
like the idea ... but are you going to do that :D :D

Cheers

willwin
03-13-2008, 01:12 PM

Cheers

You are absolutely right!

It is absurd. You need people, so accept labor application and approve it. Then you authenticate the individual by approving I140. Then because this 'number' not being available you let the individual and his/her family in limbo state for 5-6 years.

The mistake is not on their part; it is on our part. We are so desperate for the GC.

I would blame all the dirty politicians back home who have not let the country flourish and thus forcing the so called 'smart' people to seek residence else where on earth.

It is too much for a social animal to go through in 'its' life cycle.

chanduv23
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM

Cheers

It is not easy to tear apart a Green card - u need a sharp instrument - and be careful because u may hurt urself if u do it with the levels of frustration :) :)

BharatPremi
03-13-2008, 01:23 PM
I seriously hope that this is correct even though it doesn't apply to me : (

Anyway, IIRC, in past there have been incidences where VB posted in mumbai Consulate's website actually did not turn out to be true. Couple of years back - after the retrogression - it predicted huge forward movement which 2 days later turned out to be false hope...
so keep your fingers crossed...
: )

That is exactly I was thinking. My first confusion was why the hell people want to check CP dates and create the false thread but then I realize they must not be around/ in the process to realize that CP dates != AOS dates. Some times CP ones equals but not always. Let's hope those equals to AOS dats this time.

malaGCPahije
03-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Do not tear the GC, instead if you ever receive it and decide going back to India, frame it. One may never in his or her lifetime wait for an entity so much desperately as we all have for the GC.

WillWin, I do not agree that India is not moving forward. Infact people in India are raking money. We should not blame politicians or anyone for the state we are in. No one forced us to leave India. Defending our decision to leave India and come here by calling us "smart" is demeaning to our friends back home. Does it mean that they were not "smart" and hence stayed back? If at all, I would say they were the smartest and are reaping the benefits today.

sunny1000
03-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Yep, that's "bull period". But assuming AOS bulletin mirrors CP bulletin, it looks like USCIS has decided to play with EB2-India. According to its own process, if USCIS might be working then this bulletin was not expected. 2 things I can think of. (1)EB3-ROW (From which numbers flow to EB2 -ROW then Eb2-countries) is confirmed empty and thus EB2-ROW is empty too (2) Somehow abrupt decision. If it is no:1 then it is really good news. But if it 2 then it will be bad for EB3-India as EB3-India is the MOST suffered lot during 2002-8. and Per country limit will make it more suffered with this illegitimate forward movement of EB2-India. Let's wait for AOS bulletin.

There is no such thing as a CP and an AOS bulletin. There is only one official visa bulletin every month issued by the DOS's Bureau of Consular Affairs. The input for that comes from the Consulates all over the world who process CP applications and the USCIS which processes the AOS applications. But, both USCIS and the Consulates abide by the same visa bulletin which gives the cut-off dates for priority dates.

jthomas
03-13-2008, 01:41 PM
you had waited for such a long time. I would suggest to take a big break and visit india and come back. In fact you can do the same in EAD. Think forward don't get your emotions in the way.

Cheers

hopefulgc
03-13-2008, 01:48 PM
BharatPremi... think u might be mistaken ...

I have to agree with sunny1000. The consulate page says this in clear text.

"The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin."

That is exactly I was thinking. My first confusion was why the hell people want to check CP dates and create the false thread but then I realize they must not be around/ in the process to realize that CP dates != AOS dates. Some times CP ones equals but not always. Let's hope those equals to AOS dats this time.

ItIsNotFunny
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM

Cheers

Why are you consuming and wasting couple of visa numbers. Pull back your application and I will be couple of hours early getting it.

GC should be received by people who need it desparately not to people like you who just want to get it for personal satisfaction and has no value for it.

since1996
03-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Cheers

donate $5K if you do this.....so Just Do It!

singhsa3
03-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Folks,
This my copyright and very much pertain to our situation:
I left my world in search of prosperity
The prosperity is taking an eternity
My struggle is long and daunting
Making it more and more frustrating

Life at times seems uncontrollable
Flowing with the time unstoppable
Graying hairs testify for the feeling
Fat belly making me further unappealing

Sometimes I think of going back
Try to gather the courage that I lack
But the world I left is not the same any more.
And the world I am in, has lost its lure.

I am on the crossroad of my life
One is forward, one is left and other is right.
I don’t like the choices shown
May be I would have to create a world of my own

Thanks

nish03
03-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Does any one know what the EX and FX categories mean?

indianindian2006
03-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Does any one know what the EX and FX categories mean?

employment and family

nogc_noproblem
03-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Awesome

Folks,

Thanks

ajju
03-13-2008, 02:18 PM
One step closer.

Atleast 5 in my office and 5 in friend circle :-)

But I wish what you say is true that not many left in 2003.. and dates move to 2004 and then further...

meg_z
03-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for put it into words.

Folks,

Thanks

ajju
03-13-2008, 02:20 PM
It is not easy to tear apart a Green card - u need a sharp instrument - and be careful because u may hurt urself if u do it with the levels of frustration :) :)

shredder is a safer choice ;-)

In response to red dots: Guess people can't handle the pun.. and start giving red dots.. I am close to getting fed up and stop wasting my time answering folks...

god_bless_you
03-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Folks,

Thanks

Good one, Thats what we are now .:)

webm
03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Folks,

Thanks

Very nice dude!! keep it up..

natrajs
03-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Folks,

Thanks

Very Nice, Keep it up

nish03
03-13-2008, 02:32 PM
employment and family

Right, but employment and family are further broken into sub categories. Which group is FX (F1, F2,etc) and which one is EX(EB-1,EB-2,etc)? I see these two categories that are generally not in the visa bulletin I see on the state gov's web site:

FX 1 May 2002 1 May 2002
EX Unavailable Unavailable

thanks

BharatPremi
03-13-2008, 03:06 PM
BharatPremi... think u might be mistaken ...

I have to agree with sunny1000. The consulate page says this in clear text.

"The following numbers are derived from the Department of State's Visa Bulletin."

Yes, it says "derived from" it does not say "equals" or "mirror"...Many times CP dates align with AOS dates and many times do not.. so Let's wait. If it will mirror this time we all would be glad.

BharatPremi
03-13-2008, 03:08 PM
There is no such thing as a CP and an AOS bulletin. There is only one official visa bulletin every month issued by the DOS's Bureau of Consular Affairs. The input for that comes from the Consulates all over the world who process CP applications and the USCIS which processes the AOS applications. But, both USCIS and the Consulates abide by the same visa bulletin which gives the cut-off dates for priority dates.

exactly. People started to take pain to see CP dates that's why those terms appear loosely on this thread. ANd everybody here understand that... so do not worry.

mallu
03-13-2008, 03:19 PM
I was wondering how many are in the pipeline with PD up to Nov.2003 ?

sanjay
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Folks,

Thanks

Very true. You had described the plight of 4 out of five immigrants here.

willwin
03-13-2008, 03:43 PM
India has not moved an inch (may be has retarded in its growth) forward when it comes to quality of life or individual freedom or Govt.-public relationship. You can't do just with money. Money doesn't buy everything one need for a peaceful,happy life.

And, an individual or a group in India cannot fight against anything that is evil in India. The option for people is to go places. So, the politicians are responsible. I am not surpirsed by your question "how come the 'inncoent' politicians responisble?" because Indians' thoughts have changed so much that we accept and expect politicians to be evil, corrupt, inhuman etc. I mentioned people as smart in irony and I am sorry that you couldn't understand that!

No one was forced to leave India? What if you join an IT company and if the only option is to come here? Will you resign? Does everyone have the luxury of saying no to a job and pick up what they want? Which world are you? It's rat race back home. Do you know how many people have changed their and their families fortune by coming here?

I am only supporting somebody who said it is so frustrating that we have to wait so much for a GC. He didn't really mean that he was going to tear his GC, once he gets it. He was so much frustrated about it that he wont be feeling happy about it anymore. But, many have started shooting at him already.

Live in peace. I dont think this is a forum to see who is 'smart'.

Do not tear the GC, instead if you ever receive it and decide going back to India, frame it. One may never in his or her lifetime wait for an entity so much desperately as we all have for the GC.

WillWin, I do not agree that India is not moving forward. Infact people in India are raking money. We should not blame politicians or anyone for the state we are in. No one forced us to leave India. Defending our decision to leave India and come here by calling us "smart" is demeaning to our friends back home. Does it mean that they were not "smart" and hence stayed back? If at all, I would say they were the smartest and are reaping the benefits today.

shana04
03-13-2008, 03:46 PM

Thanks

Singhsa, what you said is very true. You have expressed in words and most of us did not.

I wish God would bless all of us and provide a more valuable living (with family) rather than thinking and discussing these immigration laws.

Good luck to all and wish every one is bless with a nice family living.

NKR
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Folks,

Thanks

You mirrored our feelings dude. You put it all together in a nice little poem. Good job.

vikramaditya
03-13-2008, 04:00 PM
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/prioritydates.html
hope this will help us understand e1 and ex

sunny1000
03-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Folks,

Thanks

very well written...;)

ak_2006
03-13-2008, 04:20 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4177.html

If some body already posted this other than Indian consuates...please ignore this...

As far as I see all Numbers are same as Indian Consulate.

Thanks

abhisec
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM

If some body already posted this other Mumbai consuate...please ignore this...

All Numbers are same as Mumbai Consulate.

Thanks

Thank you very much for posting this. This was not refreshed on the main visa bulletin page - how did you manage to find it out? :D

guchi472000
03-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Thank you for posting.... But how did you find this link?

Lasantha
03-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks!! You're the man!!!!

If some body already posted this other than Indian consuates...please ignore this...

Thanks

Hassan11
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
does this mean that EB3 ROW can't use all available visa for 3rd qtr that is why there were visas available for India EB2 (hence the established cutoff date of Dec 2003). but this should only happen if EB3 ROW is current but it is not.
so my question is how can be available visas to spill over to India EB2 if EB3 ROW is not current and it is still retrogressed???

this does not make sense. anybody????

Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual “per-country” limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially.

Thanks

guchi472000
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Congrex EB2.... Cheers.

ak_2006
03-13-2008, 04:38 PM

I saved some old visa bulletin link. When I open that I got March Bulletin. I clicked Archives. From there April 2008 is available.

You can see the link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

Hassan11
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
;) he/she must have some amazing programming skills. thi should show USCIS that they need to keep people with these skills in the US and give them GCs asap.

sledge_hammer
03-13-2008, 04:40 PM
D. INDIA EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act provides that if total demand will be insufficient to use all available numbers in a particular Employment preference category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual “per-country” limit. It has been determined that based on the current level of demand being received, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices, there would be otherwise unused numbers in the Employment Second preference category. As a result, numbers have once again become available to the India Employment Second preference category. The rate of number use in the Employment Second preference category will continue to be monitored, and it may be necessary to make adjustments should the level of demand increase substantially.

Does "calendar quarter" mean that only within a fiscal year unused visa numbers are made re-available, but does not spill over to the next fiscal year?

My take is that there is horizontal spill-over in unused visa numbers - correct?

Lasantha
03-13-2008, 04:41 PM
No, EB3 ROW can use all the available EB3 ROW numbers. But the unused EB2 (ROW/Mex/Phil) have been distributed to the oversubscribed countries.

That's how I interpret that.

The popular belief was that the unused EB2 ROW would first go EB3 ROW but according to this they actually go to the oversubscribed countries in the same category (EB2)

does this mean that EB3 ROW can't use all available visa for 3rd qtr that is why there were visas available for India EB2 (hence the established cutoff date of Dec 2003). but this should only happen if EB3 ROW is current but it is not.

this does not make sense. anybody????

H4_losing_hope
03-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I hope this means more movement in the coming months too, my best to everyone :)

malaGCPahije
03-13-2008, 04:51 PM
If that is correct (same category spill over) EB3 has a very very distant hope of getting some spill over when EB3 ROW becomes C and does not use all numbers. I was of the opinion before that the un-used numbers from EB3 ROW will go to EB1 and then EB2 India.

My best wishes to everyone too....

Hassan11
03-13-2008, 05:12 PM
this must be a change in USCIS policy since in the past the spill over from EB2 ROW went to EB3 ROW and then to India and China EB2.

USCIS must have changed their policy to help established the cutoff date for EB2 India. so now the spill over from EB2 ROW goes to China and India EB2

No, EB3 ROW can use all the available EB3 ROW numbers. But the unused EB2 (ROW/Mex/Phil) have been distributed to the oversubscribed countries.

The popular belief was that the unused EB2 ROW would first go EB3 ROW but according to this they actually go to the oversubscribed countries in the same category (EB2)

eeezzz
03-13-2008, 05:13 PM

If EB2 quota stays at EB-2 and EB-1 quota goes to EB-2 if unused. That really benefits EB-2 India/China and will hurt all the EB-3 filer. I can see many EB-3 filer, no matter they are China/India/RoW may want to interfile and upgrade to EB-2. I wonder if USCIS do this in purpose to make extra revenue? If there are 30% of EB-3 filer try to file EB-2 again, USCIS can really make some bucks out. :eek:

Hassan11
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
accorinf to your PD, you have been current since March VB. is that right??

I hope this means more movement in the coming months too, my best to everyone :)

arindamb
03-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Looks like they have moved the link from the website ? I hope things will not change.

eeezzz
03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I wonder if the figure will remain the same.
If it works the way it says, the EB-2 quota stay at EB-2 for oversubscribed country, then why there's no movement for EB-2 China? Something is not right.

GC9180
03-13-2008, 10:56 PM
when were things right? all along its been fishy....GC for india,china is like a football...kicked around here and there (dates). just thinking what would self-goal mean...GO BACK TO OUR COUNRTY ???? ;-)

chetanjumani
03-13-2008, 11:59 PM
There was a topic where googler had explained that as per DHS employee, unused Eb2 Worldwide goes to Over subscribed Eb2, so Eb2 India and Eb2 China.

It appears that the policy was always this, but since there were no excess Eb1 in the last couple of years, there was no spillovers in the last 2 years, howeever this year there are higher number of unused EB1.

In fact the way it appears is :

EB4 unused ==> spills over to ==> EB1
EB5 unused ==> spills over to ==> EB1
EB1 unused ==> spills over to ==> EB2 world wide.
EB2 Worldwide unused ==> spills over to EB retrogressed.

So before any spill over to EB3, visas are given to EB2 category.

Since the unused EB2 visas are given to retrogressed countries, I believe that more visas are used by country that has more retrogression. But if there is any future movement in EB2, than both India and China could experience it.

From www.immigration-information.com forums, it appears that one of the important driving force behind the visa usage is the actual adjudication of cases from USCIS. Since generally USCIS does not really process enough cases to use all visa's(to ensure they are not wasted), every year there will be a need to have substantial movement in the cut off date to generate more demands for visa's, not just in AOS, but also CP.

chetanjumani
03-14-2008, 02:16 AM
Ok. I agree with everything you say but you still haven't explained why EB-2 China hasn't moved. They never were Unavailable, which means they haven't used their quota but are still retrogressed. Why absolutely no relief for them? Not even a month forward movement?

To be honest, I have no way to know why absolutely no change for China. There have been times earlier where India and China had similar cut out dates, then they changed dramatically, then India became unavailable, and now they are same again. With so much happening, I would say its very difficuilt to have a logical reason with no real data.

All I can come up is that perhaps China might had a little higher demand than India in the last few months, or just that in case of spill overs, most visas might be consumed by countries most retrogressed, or perhaps DHS believes that the number of visas spill over would be only enough to cover EB2 Inida + EB2 china up to a certain date and China was already at that date, so if the demand is less than expected, then we will see movement in both India and China.

Wish best for all Employment based filers. Hopefully some law change comes and justice is done to every one.

I would hate to see different immigrant groups worrying about which group is getting ahead.

Keep contributing to IV effort and hope no one need to go through extended wait times..........

qvadis
03-14-2008, 04:39 AM
ok........this is for all you jealous people who just cringe at the sight of India EB2 moving forward while your sorry EB3 asses are stuck.
go here and read, and educate yourselves.....good luck!!!

Sad to see your Schadenfreude. Anyway, the reason we other EB3s thought of a different distribution scheme is because of November's Bulletin 2005 (http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2712.html)

The AC21 removed the per-country limit in any calendar quarter in which overall applicant demand for Employment-based visa numbers is less than the total of such numbers available.

Isn't it fair to ask for the reasons why the interpretation of the laws has changed?

EB2_Jun03_dude
03-14-2008, 08:32 AM

I get 404 error when clicked on the above url. Did they remove it ? is it again the same July 2007 fiasco ?

bhatt
03-14-2008, 09:31 AM

I get 404 error when clicked on the above url. Did they remove it ? is it again the same July 2007 fiasco ?

Try now, it is back !

immilaw
03-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Ok. I agree with everything you say but you still haven't explained why EB-2 China hasn't moved. They never were Unavailable, which means they haven't used their quota but are still retrogressed. Why absolutely no relief for them? Not even a month forward movement?

Here is my theory and I may be wrong. Until last month China EB-2 was still not U. Maybe over this month (March) the usage of EB-2 China was so high that they were at the verge of U or maybe something like 12/01/2002. So now when the excess EB-2 visas from ROW are getting spilled over to oversubscribed countries, i.e., China and India, both of them are and will be, going forward, moving at the same pace.

As I said just a theory. Let's wait for a better explanation.

Hassan11
03-14-2008, 10:01 AM
You need to relax and change your tone. This tone is very inappropriate in this forum. We are here to ask questions. You have no right to talk to people like this. Just because we are trying to understand a very obvious change in policy from USCIS, it doesn’t mean that we are against you or anybody in the same position as you. I am happy that EB2 India has established a cutoff date, but I can still ASK questions on this forum. Stop patronizing people and CHANGE your tone.

since you seem to be completely unaware, let me rub some salt in....here, go read Act 202(a)(5) and educate yourself.....yeehaw !!!

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=cb90c19a50729fb47fb0686648558 dbe

chetanjumani
03-14-2008, 10:08 AM
We have seen that even after the PD being current, there have been many people whose cases have not been approved. We saw last year in July many cases with later priority date and later receipt dates were approved and people with earlier PD and earlier Receipt dates still waiting,

Now with the 180 day rule for FBI name check, things could be expected to be little better, but we have to remember that since most of the cases are paper based, some one has to physically get to cases from a huge storage, sort it manually, distribute it manually and get it adjudicated.

So even if the visa number is current, just beacuse the number of applications are so high that we still cannot say for sure whose cases are going to be approved.

From www.immigration-information.com, it appears, the biggest factor in getting the GC visa number allocated to a case is, having a case ready to be adjudicated and in the hands of an immigration officer at a time, when both processing date and priority dates are current. It appears that even after the huge retrogression, there were not enough demand for AOS based approvals, so they had to PD current to allow CP based cases to use the visas and ensure they are not wasted. I like the fact that visa were at least not wasted, but I would have loved to see applicants who have been waiting for years to have a first opportunity to that visa, specially because they have done everything that any one could do.

I have been pro-fee increase by USCIS, only provided that they will use this money to expedite the processing, make things eletronic, make things more transparent, and to be honest, I feel the overall improvements are happening. Though I still see a lot of scope for futher improvements.

We have clearly seen that labor processing has been improved dramatically with PERM. Now waiting for years to get Labor is almost history. I hope that IV and all its members direct its efforts towards ensuring that we see the improvements in efficiency that we expected to happen with fee increases.

Lets unite together to work for a system which is fair and efficient for everyone. Lets contribute to IV administrative fixes and any other efforts which will ensure a higher efficiency and better utilization of visa numbers for AOS applications.

vjkypally
03-14-2008, 10:21 AM
We should lobby to stop Portability from EB3 to EB2:).

ak_2006
03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
To my surprise, VISA BULLETIN APRIL 2008 availble now in Archives. But not as current bulletin yet.

vjkypally
03-14-2008, 10:27 AM
HAHAHA, YOU WISH:)Yeah I agree. We should lobby to merge EB2 and EB3. J

gc_maine2
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
I pray your wish come true ....
Yeah I agree. We should lobby to merge EB2 and EB3. J

ak_2006
03-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the support, appreciate it a lot.
We need to put a sticky thread, where we can brainstorm and put best ways to switch from EB3 to EB2 w/keeping older PDs.
Even lobby to allow EB3 to EB2 with the same employer.

Thanks a lot. Together we can. Yes we can….

--------------
nonimmi
Senior Member Join Date: May 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_analys.html

Transfer of the Earlier Priority Date : EB3 to New EB2
©MurthyDotCom
The ability to transfer priority dates from an earlier, approved, I-140 to a later-filed I-140 could provide an alternative for job mobility, both within the current employer's organization or with a new employer. This would be helpful for those who want to make a change but are not eligible to file the I-485 application because of retrogression. It also could help people who are eligible to change from an EB3 classification to EB2. One would be eligible to request a transfer of the priority date from the earlier-filed EB3 petition to a new EB2 petition once the I-140 is approved. The new EB2 petition would need to be based upon a new LC for a position requiring the EB2 level of education and/or experience. (Over time, many people with EB3 cases have become eligible for EB2 cases due to increased experience and/or education, and promotions.)

This strategy potentially could shave off a few years in the queue for available immigrant visa numbers. This may be particularly appealing to those who had EB3 labor certifications filed on their behalf long ago and have had their cases pending while they have gained advanced degrees, acquired several more years of experience, and/or are offered jobs at higher levels. Keep in mind, though, that this involves filing a whole new LC under the PERM system for a new job opportunity and that the employer must actually require the additional degree and/or experience for all persons holding that job classification in order for the new case to be filed as EB2.
----------
I think this will give you some answers!

rb_248
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM

May be EB2 India and China can see some movement in July VB published in June.

eeezzz
03-14-2008, 12:34 PM
We should lobby to stop Portability from EB3 to EB2:).
You probably can't ask to stop portability from EB3 to EB2 or EB2 to EB1. But you can ask for if filers from EB3 goes to EB2, they can't keep the PD from EB3 but get a new PD for the date USCIS process their EB2 application.
That will make people really think if that is worthy to do so. Otherwise every EB-3 filer will want to file again for EB-2 if they can.

Hassan11
03-14-2008, 01:46 PM
please vote on poll here
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17895
Thank you

nixstor
03-14-2008, 02:00 PM

May be EB2 India and China can see some movement in July VB published in June.

This piece in VB is telling that the unused numbers in EB2 will be given to the retrogressed countries in EB2. The VB when it defines the categories, also defines EB2 as 27.6% of 140K and what ever is left over from EB1. EB1 is current for some time now and EB1 also circularly gets unused numbers from EB-4 and 5 which account for around 20K. My thoughts are here (http://nixstor.blogspot.com/2008/03/thoughts-on-april08-visa-bulletin-and.html). I have been under the assumption that EB-3 ROW must become current for EB-2 retrogressed countries to move significantly forward because of spill over and not by the quota they get every quarter. It does not sound like that. Am I just hallucinating or Am I just reading too much or Is it just the VB as usual unpredictable and capricious?

nixstor
03-14-2008, 02:05 PM
There was a topic where googler had explained that as per DHS employee, unused Eb2 Worldwide goes to Over subscribed Eb2, so Eb2 India and Eb2 China.

It appears that the policy was always this, but since there were no excess Eb1 in the last couple of years, there was no spillovers in the last 2 years, howeever this year there are higher number of unused EB1.

In fact the way it appears is :

EB4 unused ==> spills over to ==> EB1
EB5 unused ==> spills over to ==> EB1
EB1 unused ==> spills over to ==> EB2 world wide.
EB2 Worldwide unused ==> spills over to EB retrogressed.

So before any spill over to EB3, visas are given to EB2 category.

Since the unused EB2 visas are given to retrogressed countries, I believe that more visas are used by country that has more retrogression. But if there is any future movement in EB2, than both India and China could experience it.

From www.immigration-information.com forums, it appears that one of the important driving force behind the visa usage is the actual adjudication of cases from USCIS. Since generally USCIS does not really process enough cases to use all visa's(to ensure they are not wasted), every year there will be a need to have substantial movement in the cut off date to generate more demands for visa's, not just in AOS, but also CP.

OK. So I am not all by myself in thinking on this. So there must be a good number of EB-2 Visa numbers available in the final quarter for the retrogressed countries.

akred
03-14-2008, 02:09 PM
You can ask all you want about not allowing porting from EB3 to EB2 or not letting keep the priority date in doing so. IV is not going to endorse it. Reality is job done by EB2 or EB3 especially in IT is very much alike.

Moving from EB3 to EB2 is for worthy cause of getting GC faster in legitimate and ethical way.

True. Us old timer EB3 folks should then ask for a salary based criteria to determine preference category ;).

chetanjumani
03-14-2008, 03:15 PM
We have seen that even after the PD being current, there have been many people whose cases have not been approved. We saw last year in July many cases with later priority date and later receipt dates were approved and people with earlier PD and earlier Receipt dates still waiting,

Now with the 180 day rule for FBI name check, things could be expected to be little better, but we have to remember that since most of the cases are paper based, some one has to physically get to cases from a huge storage, sort it manually, distribute it manually and get it adjudicated.

So even if the visa number is current, just beacuse the number of applications are so high that we still cannot say for sure whose cases are going to be approved.

From www.immigration-information.com, it appears, the biggest factor in getting the GC visa number allocated to a case is, having a case ready to be adjudicated and in the hands of an immigration officer at a time, when both processing date and priority dates are current. It appears that even after the huge retrogression, there were not enough demand for AOS based approvals, so they had to PD current to allow CP based cases to use the visas and ensure they are not wasted. I like the fact that visa were at least not wasted, but I would have loved to see applicants who have been waiting for years to have a first opportunity to that visa, specially because they have done everything that any one could do.

I have been pro-fee increase by USCIS, only provided that they will use this money to expedite the processing, make things eletronic, make things more transparent, and to be honest, I feel the overall improvements are happening. Though I still see a lot of scope for futher improvements.

We have clearly seen that labor processing has been improved dramatically with PERM. Now waiting for years to get Labor is almost history. I hope that IV and all its members direct its efforts towards ensuring that we see the improvements in efficiency that we expected to happen with fee increases.

Lets unite together to work for a system which is fair and efficient for everyone. Lets contribute to IV administrative fixes and any other efforts which will ensure a higher efficiency and better utilization of visa numbers for AOS applications.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask all the smart and creative people here to put some effort and find out what real steps could be taken
- Identify what was expected from the fees increases like
=>more information online about the case status.
=> Some tracking on how much backlog is reduced each month
=> come up with a trend of how much time it would take to complete the backlog.
=> Use the statistics, to keep the pressure on the agencies, to improve effencies.
- Verify that those steps (which needed fee increase) have actually taken place
- Maintain Statistics to show how successful Fee Increase was ....
- Ask for multi year EAD/AP
- Ensure, that once a higher fees is paid for EAD/AP, every one should be treated equally(as in all other renewals should be free)

Keep coming up with what all needs to be done. How we could track it. How could we maintain statistics which would put the needed pressure on agencies which need to improve....

Again I would encourage to come with ideas which will unite the legal immigrants togther and be fair to every one instead of ideas that will divide us and help one group at the cost of other.

We all deserve to get cases processed in a reasonable time. SO lets put ideas together....................

r_ramji
03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
i seriously doubt if the folks out there in uscis analyse the way we do here in these forums. think for a minute... if they work so sincerely and intelligently, they wouldnt be working for 20$/hr. wish there were performance based payment schemes for these folks.
ofcourse if there is a software designed by us, its a different story ;)

prinive
03-14-2008, 03:32 PM
If there is a software designed by us, totally the system may collapse ;)i seriously doubt if the folks out there in uscis analyse the way we do here in these forums. think for a minute... if they work so sincerely and intelligently, they wouldnt be working for 20$/hr. wish there were performance based payment schemes for these folks.
ofcourse if there is a software designed by us, its a different story ;)