PDA

View Full Version : What is your PD for EB3 ROW only???

Hassan11
03-14-2008, 12:50 PM
please answer this poll if you are EB3 ROW only. Thanks

Hassan11
03-14-2008, 12:55 PM
please vote on the poll. Thanks

March 2005.

mbartosik
03-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I interfiled to EB2 but do not trust that they have applied that, service request goes unanswered. So they may be processing as EB3.

Dec 2002.

ak_2006
03-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Please Participate in the EB3 poll. :) for only rest of the world....

I voted in this wrongly as I am belongs to India....please take out one vote from 2006 PD

Hassan11
03-14-2008, 02:22 PM
so far we have 32 votes on this poll. I thought the # of EB3 ROW in this forum is in hundreds. please guys advertise for this poll in other web sites and tell more people in the EB3 ROW category to vote. this will helps us all to have an idea about the # of existing PD in the pipeline.

Thank you

xela
03-14-2008, 03:00 PM
bump:)

Nabeel
03-15-2008, 12:33 AM

Good job Hassan.

Pegasus503
03-15-2008, 11:05 AM
what is the purpose of the poll?

mariusp
03-15-2008, 02:01 PM
It's hard to get a good idea when so few people participate in the poll so I took the data available on and ran a few numbers.
I queried for EB3-ROW I485 pending applications (~700 applications) and copied/pasted the data to a spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pivQbtGMEqKxBgHVI0_y4IQ

Here's a report with a PD distribution chart so you get a better idea on where we stand:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3r2tmt49we
You'll have to zoom in a little to view the labels more clearly. The data is sampled quarterly on the chart.

I uploaded the data to Google Docs in case you want to create different statistics.

luish73
03-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Thank you for the info...My PD is 03/25/2005...A lot of people filed for their RIR or regular LC in the 2nd quarter of 2005 (jan-march) trying to get ahead of new PERM, which was supposed to have greater chance for an audit. Last day of old LC was 03/28/2005 and thus the hike of PD's that quarter...the following quarter you didn't see many LC approvals until lawyers and applicants were confident enough that the PERM system in fact was working as expected to start filinf for new appls, and thus the fewer approvals

It's hard to get a good idea when so few people participate in the poll so I took the data available on and ran a few numbers.
I queried for EB3-ROW I485 pending applications (~700 applications) and copied/pasted the data to a spreadsheet: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pivQbtGMEqKxBgHVI0_y4IQ

Here's a report with a PD distribution chart so you get a better idea on where we stand:
You'll have to zoom in a little to view the labels more clearly. The data is sampled quarterly on the chart.

I uploaded the data to Google Docs in case you want to create different statistics.

Lasantha
03-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Please vote !!! :)

gc4me
03-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Please post the PD distribution report in short.
Many companies blocks this type of shared docs hence can not be viewed till you go home and log in.

illusions
03-17-2008, 01:22 PM
My PD is JUN 2006. I think more will vote as tiem passes by. BTW how can you add info to that google doc ?

RandyK
03-17-2008, 02:43 PM
I took a poll on this website like a year ago.

The results were very similar to the trackkit poll.

In summary, about

50% are with PDs of Year 2000 - 2004 and 50% 2005 - 2007.

I was surprised to find EB3 PDs in 2000 and 2001 but there were few.

So far this poll is also showing similar results.

gc4me
03-17-2008, 02:44 PM
OK, this distribution looks similar to this poll except 2004 data.
People with pd 2004 are not actively voting this poll.
ROW folks, please vote here.

PD %
2000 0.4
2001 3.7
2002 6.4
2003 17.9
2004 23.2
2005 20.8
2006 18.3
2007 9.3

(You can plug this into a excel bar graph to see the histogram)

mariusp
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Please post the PD distribution report in short.
Many companies blocks this type of shared docs hence can not be viewed till you go home and log in.

I'm sorry, I tried to add the file as an attachment to the post but it won't work.
If you know of a different way to post the file here let me know.

Hassan11
03-17-2008, 04:26 PM
we need more EB3 ROW with PD 2004 to vote on poll to get a more accurate picture of # of pending 485s with USCIS.

Please vote on poll.
Thanks

manderson
03-17-2008, 04:56 PM
u can post it as an attachment on immigrationportal website and post that link here

ex: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1877058&postcount=1

I'm sorry, I tried to add the file as an attachment to the post but it won't work.
If you know of a different way to post the file here let me know.

illusions
03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
those charts are really good, seems like ROW EB3 is on the rise, looking fwd to this upward trend.

Hassan11
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Link is here: http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285&page=26

Ron Gotcher said on his reply to some readers questions:
The mystery is solved. I have corresponded with Charlie Oppenheim in the Visa Office. He confirmed that the 27% limit does apply. He explained that during this fiscal year, the CIS consumed an unusually large number of Indian EB2 visas, thus making the category unavailable despite a retrogression in the cuoff date which was intended to hold number use within the limit.

He said that based on his discussions with the CIS, he was informed that the CIS did not feel that the current amount of pending Indian first preference demand would be insufficient to use all available numbers under the limit. Therefore, he allowed some of those numbers to fall down into Indian second preference.

So, the Indian second preference numbers used to establish a cutoff date for April are coming from left over Indian first preference, not worldwide numbers.

Lasantha
03-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Hassan. This explains it but it also contradicts what they said in April Bulletin.

Link is here: http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285&page=26

Ron Gotcher said on his reply to some readers questions:
The mystery is solved. I have corresponded with Charlie Oppenheim in the Visa Office. He confirmed that the 27% limit does apply. He explained that during this fiscal year, the CIS consumed an unusually large number of Indian EB2 visas, thus making the category unavailable despite a retrogression in the cuoff date which was intended to hold number use within the limit.

He said that based on his discussions with the CIS, he was informed that the CIS did not feel that the current amount of pending Indian first preference demand would be insufficient to use all available numbers under the limit. Therefore, he allowed some of those numbers to fall down into Indian second preference.

So, the Indian second preference numbers used to establish a cutoff date for April are coming from left over Indian first preference, not worldwide numbers.

manderson
03-18-2008, 04:33 PM
those charts are really good, seems like ROW EB3 is on the rise, looking fwd to this upward trend.

thank Googler for that. he posted it in another board.

Hassan11
03-18-2008, 04:38 PM
it does contradict with what they said in April VB, but Ron said that his source is Oppenheimer. so I would go with what he said. remember, it was Oppenheimer who told him back in Feb or early Mar that India EB2 will have a cutoff date in April.

Thanks Hassan. This explains it but it also contradicts what they said in April Bulletin.

Lasantha
03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes, that's true.

it does contradict with what they said in April VB, but Ron said that his source is Oppenheimer. so I would go with what he said. remember, it was Oppenheimer who told him back in Feb or early Mar that India EB2 will have a cutoff date in April.

RandyK
03-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Last month Ron G predicted the April visa bulletin and he did have a very good logical reason for it, he did go into details about it on his forum. He was NOT told by Oppenheimer what the bulletin was going to look like.

Ron only wrote to Oppenheimer to clarify the April Bulletinís wording after it came out about visa number flow from EB1 to EB2 Retrogressed countries.

I have to say Ron is pretty impressive, I learned a ton by visiting his forum, he knows a lot about the inner workings of USCIS.

For example I was under the impression that USCIS followed strict procedures when it came to PDs and that processing dates schedules were correct all the time. Now I have a totally different opinion.

xela
03-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Lets see if there more ROWers out there, that have not had a chance to vote!

Bump :)

Hassan11
03-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Randy,

I think you are wrong. you might read his forum but I think you missed this. he did report that Oppenheim offered insight to him and other immigration lawyers about the April VB before it was published. see this message dated 02/14/08 directly from his forum:

Link is here: http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4285

"Last night, at a meeting of the American Immigration Lawyer's Assocation Southern California chapter, Charles Oppenheim spoke. Mr. Oppenheim is the officer within the Visa Office tasked with calculating visa bulletin cutoff dates each month. He offered the following thoughts as to cutoff date movement in the upcoming months:

In April, India and China EB2 will be set at 12/01/2003
EB3 for India and China will slow down for the rest of the fiscal year"

Last month Ron G predicted the April visa bulletin and he did have a very good logical reason for it, he did go into details about it on his forum. He was NOT told by Oppenheimer what the bulletin was going to look like.

Ron only wrote to Oppenheimer to clarify the April Bulletinís wording after it came out about visa number flow from EB1 to EB2 Retrogressed countries.

I have to say Ron is pretty impressive, I learned a ton by visiting his forum, he knows a lot about the inner workings of USCIS.

For example I was under the impression that USCIS followed strict procedures when it came to PDs and that processing dates schedules were correct all the time. Now I have a totally different opinion.

Hassan11
03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
any more votes on the poll???? EB3 ROW only. so far we have 134 votes. does that mean out of 656 members in this forum, only 20% is EB3 ROW???

Admin: does that sound about right?? Thank you

Lasantha
03-20-2008, 03:46 PM
This forum only has 656 members? I thought we had more than that.

any more votes on the poll???? EB3 ROW only. so far we have 134 votes. does that mean out of 656 members in this forum, only 20% is EB3 ROW???

Admin: does that sound about right?? Thank you

Lasantha
03-20-2008, 03:48 PM
You guys noticed that the approval rate has really slumped on for EB3 ROW?

gc4me
03-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes..it has slowed down noticeably.
I guess due to this long weekend.
I guess half the USCIS officers are vacationing @ Bermuda :D

Hassan11
03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
sorry, I meant average active users is around 656 daily. I think the total number is 27,096 members (from IV home page)

This forum only has 656 members? I thought we had more than that.

Hassan11
03-21-2008, 12:33 PM
any more votes on the poll???? Thank you in advance

andvaca
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
11/2006

Lasantha
03-24-2008, 11:26 AM
You need to vote.

11/2006

xela
03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
:D Sorry could not help myself :D

You need to vite.

Lasantha
03-24-2008, 12:02 PM
:D Sorry, it's a Monday morning and I still have a "hang over" from over eating at Easter lunch yesterday. So I can't even type straight! LOL and in my defence I and O are right next to each other on the keypad. :D

:D Sorry could not help myself :D

gc4me
03-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks like approvals has slowed down further.
This is why at the end of the year there are unused visas. All due to inefficiencies of USCIS.
We are doomed.

Hassan11
03-24-2008, 12:48 PM
maybe it is because of the Easter holiday and the long weekend. that can be a reason or maybe it will pick up at the beg of April. I am not sure what s the reason, but we are all worried

This is why at the end of the year there are unused visas. All due to inefficiencies of USCIS.
We are doomed.

stillhopefull
03-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Yes. from Germany.

xela
03-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I hear you! Easter lunch was too much, I did become a godmother on top of it all :)

:D Sorry, it's a Monday morning and I still have a "hang over" from over eating at Easter lunch yesterday. So I can't even type straight! LOL and in my defence I and O are right next to each other on the keypad. :D

Stillhopefull you have been current for a while, so they should be working on yours...one would think...I do believe Texas is behind though, according to the uscis web site Nebraska is processing July and Texas not yet.

Hassan11
03-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Stillhopefull,

I think your GC is coming soon. they are now working on 2003 pd. so your wait is almost over.
good luck to us all

I hear you! Easter lunch was too much, I did become a godmother on top of it all :)

Stillhopefull you have been current for a while, so they should be working on yours...one would think...I do believe Texas is behind though, according to the uscis web site Nebraska is processing July and Texas not yet.

Lasantha
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Congrats on becoming a godmother!

stillhopefull
03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Thank you for the positive outlook! It makes me feel a lot better. I am surprised that Vermont is so far behind TX and NE!

Indeed, Good Luck to all of us!

Lasantha
03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Actually I saw an improvement for 03/20. 6 approvals for that day then it's back to no approvals.

We are doomed.

harpomarx
03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
So what is PD good for? I'm EB3 ROW, I485 still pending, and am seeing EB3 ROW's (same CoC) in with later PDs already approved.

Hassan11
03-26-2008, 11:12 AM
is your PD current in March or Apr VB?? PD has to be current for them to look at your application. also there is also an amount of luck involved in this process

good luck to us all

So what is PD good for? I'm EB3 ROW, I485 still pending, and am seeing EB3 ROW's (same CoC) in with later PDs already approved.

Lasantha
03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, it's not like the week before the April VB was published but I still see approvals trickling in. (On )

doxa
03-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Any body from EB3 ROW consular pr.????
-----------------------------------------
EB3 ROW PD July 2006/I-140 still pending 380day

Lasantha
03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Hi

Does any of you know if we get called for an inteview before the approval of the I-485? I have seen some posts where people were called for interviews but is this standard or do they call you only if they need to verify something?

harpomarx
03-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Yes. PD Oct 2003. Thanks for the reply.

is your PD current in March or Apr VB?? PD has to be current for them to look at your application. also there is also an amount of luck involved in this process

good luck to us all

slammer
03-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Any body from EB3 ROW consular pr.????
-----------------------------------------
EB3 ROW PD July 2006/I-140 still pending 380day

Yupp, we have to go through CP in Montreal. Our PD is Feb/2006. We hope to be current this year ! There seems to be some hope ?????

doxa
03-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Yupp, we have to go through CP in Montreal. Our PD is Feb/2006. We hope to be current this year ! There seems to be some hope ?????

Hi.Where are You from?

illusions
03-27-2008, 11:03 AM

you may be right, there is much speculation on other threads that i have read that EB3 ROW, will be current by this summer, if not it will atleast show significant move. So i've got my fingers crossed

slammer
03-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi.Where are You from?

We are from Germany and living in Canada since a couple of years. And you ?

slammer
03-27-2008, 11:14 AM
you may be right, there is much speculation on other threads that i have read that EB3 ROW, will be current by this summer, if not it will atleast show significant move. So i've got my fingers crossed

Believe me, we have our fingers crossed - and toes.....and whatever possible !!
I've also read the other threads where they mention that EB3 ROW is very likely to be current by July. I feel CP is at a disadvantage because you cannot apply for EAD etc. You can only wait until your PD becomes current. That can be slightly frustrating !
But I guess you all know what I'm talking about.....:(

Hassan11
03-27-2008, 12:31 PM
having PD current and Processing time current does not mean that the applicant will get GC. the state department actually moves cutoff dates in the VB because USCIS is not productive enough (not processing applications on time) to use up all the available visas for that quarter or year and they are afraid that those visas will go to waste. so they move the cutoff date on the VB (make more people current) so Consular processing will have more applications to pull from and then approve more applications.

so now we have to have PD current processing time for that service center is current and also be lucky so an IO will pick up our application to be processed. (it is actually little depressing)

illusions
03-27-2008, 01:55 PM
having PD current and Processing time current does not mean that the applicant will get GC. the state department actually moves cutoff dates in the VB because USCIS is not productive enough (not processing applications on time) to use up all the available visas for that quarter or year and they are afraid that those visas will go to waste. so they move the cutoff date on the VB (make more people current) so Consular processing will have more applications to pull from and then approve more applications.

so now we have to have PD current processing time for that service center is current and also be lucky so an IO will pick up our application to be processed. (it is actually little depressing)
:( dang.... so it's a chance* that they will pick up my app when it becomes current. So it is very likely that I might see my date get current... be that way for some time and still get no LUD; and even worse see another retrogression on it and wait more for PD to get current.... damn damn :eek:

RandyK
03-27-2008, 02:44 PM
There is an advantage to filing through CP when USCIS is slow to process applications. According to statistics this has been the case for last 10 years with USCIS.

CP approvals are pretty fast and when you apply they do not wait till the dates to become current, NVC process the application to the point where the only thing it needs is a visa number.

For example April 1st when an applicants PD is current NVC will request a visa number for the applicant and any derivative applicants around the 10th of April (this is stadard practice). Then typically in the next 60 days (May or June in this case) schedule the interview. You get the visa after successful interview.

If you filed AOS, USCIS is supposed to pull your case and start working on it when PD become current. From what we hear they do not do this properly, they do not follow establised guildlines (FIFO). CP has a distinct advantage in this regard. Only thing is you do not get to have EAD/AP.

Hassan11
03-27-2008, 03:01 PM
I agree with Randy. I think Ron Gotcher mentioned something very similar. what I am not sure about is:
Can one apply for CP after I-485 been pending with USCIS?? is that possible?? does than mean that EAD and AP will be automatically not valid to be used?? do we have to be current in the VB to apply for CP??

Thanks

There is an advantage to filing through CP when USCIS is slow to process applications. According to statistics this has been the case for last 10 years with USCIS.

CP approvals are pretty fast and when you apply they do not wait till the dates to become current, NVC process the application to the point where the only thing it needs is a visa number.

For example April 1st when an applicants PD is current NVC will request a visa number for the applicant and any derivative applicants around the 10th of April (this is stadard practice). Then typically in the next 60 days (May or June in this case) schedule the interview. You get the visa after successful interview.

If you filed AOS, USCIS is supposed to pull your case and start working on it when PD become current. From what we hear they do not do this properly, they do not follow establised guildlines (FIFO). CP has a distinct advantage in this regard. Only thing is you do not get to have EAD/AP.

doxa
03-27-2008, 03:55 PM
We are from Germany and living in Canada since a couple of years. And you ?

We are from Hungary and we waiting here.

RandyK
03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
If you indicated in your I - 140 that you want to do CP, NVC watches for PDs and when someones PD is about to be current they sent out (packet 3) which is the application packet to start CP. They send this sometimes 6 months before your PD is current.

That is it, if you turn around the application packet soon they will start processing until they are done, and wait for visa number.

You can swich from AOS to CP, but I am not sure about the procedures. There is good information on Ron Gotcher's forum about the CP process.

http://immigration-information.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536

doxa
03-27-2008, 04:51 PM

I feel slightly frustrating,because my i-140 still pending by USCIS:(

RandyK
03-27-2008, 05:59 PM
So far on this poll 92 applicants are CURRENT, that is about 1/2 of all the polled applicants.

Can you guys give us an update where things are.... anything happening?

How many of you have already gotten the GC ?

xela
03-27-2008, 06:16 PM
if I get lucky enough to get picked out of the pool of people that will become current and see any LUDs or god forbid a greencard I will let you know....

I am debating if calling them on April 1st to ask for my status will help them pick me? But then there might be so many people calling....??!!

Good luck everyone!

So far on this poll 92 applicants are CURRENT, that is about 1/2 of all the polled applicants.

illusions
03-27-2008, 06:25 PM
looks like i have waiting to do, hopefully it will get current in the near future.

Lasantha
03-27-2008, 06:27 PM
When I get current in April I will keep you posted here in this thread.

myall
03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
If EB3 ROW becomes current, do you need to have an approved I-140 to file for I-485 or Can you fill I-140/I-485 concurrently?

RandyK
03-27-2008, 11:46 PM
According to murthy's website, May VB will not move for EB3, bad news for us.

slammer
03-28-2008, 07:51 AM

We completed package 3 already last August and sent the forms together with ORIGINAL certificates to the NVC as requested. They also asked for the visa fees at that time which we also paid. So I guess we already have visa numbers ?
Our sponsor company in the US is waiting since almost 3 years for my husband to start working for him. I think we're lucky that he's willing to wait so long and didn't give up at some point during this whole process ?

xela
03-28-2008, 09:09 AM
So what a wonderful trick,....in April I am current based on the Visa Bulletin, but now their processing has moved backwards to June and that means no luck for all July filers.....what a joke....:(

RandyK
03-28-2008, 10:15 AM
You should call NVC and check with them the status of your application, most likely they have done all the processing for you. I doubt that they have a visa number for you, if they did they would have called you for an interview already.

We completed package 3 already last August and sent the forms together with ORIGINAL certificates to the NVC as requested. They also asked for the visa fees at that time which we also paid. So I guess we already have visa numbers ?
Our sponsor company in the US is waiting since almost 3 years for my husband to start working for him. I think we're lucky that he's willing to wait so long and didn't give up at some point during this whole process ?

illusions
03-28-2008, 11:09 AM
If EB3 ROW becomes current, do you need to have an approved I-140 to file for I-485 or Can you fill I-140/I-485 concurrently?
you can file is concurrently.

Lasantha
03-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes, it sounds bad. Randy what is your PD?

EB3
©MurthyDotCom
It is expected that the cutoff dates in the employment-based, third preference category (EB3) will remain the same during the month of May 2008. However, this depends on the USCIS's processing of cases, as visa numbers are assigned based on I-485 approvals. Therefore, the number of I-485 applications approved by the USCIS determines, to a large extent, the immigrant visa number usage. (The consulates also use EB3 visa numbers, but far fewer than the USCIS.)
©MurthyDotCom
The EB3 cutoff dates moved forward in March and April 2008 in an attempt to avoid a recurrence of the events of the summer of 2007. As our regular readers, in the summer of 2007, the Visa Bulletin reflected current for most categories in an effort not to have an immigrant visa numbers go unused by the end of the fiscal year. They dates are being moved more quickly in the spring, as there is a potential that USCIS will have to reallocate staff from I-485 cases to naturalization cases to address the backlogs with those filings in order to naturalize eligible individuals prior to the November 2008 general election. Moving the dates forward permits case approvals and full utilization of immigrant visa numbers before the end of the fiscal year.

According to murthy's website, May VB will not move for EB3, bad news for us.

slammer
03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
You should call NVC and check with them the status of your application, most likely they have done all the processing for you. I doubt that they have a visa number for you, if they did they would have called you for an interview already.

Sorry, should have said that the NVC had visa numbers for us - last year. Of course we won't hear anything from them until our PD becomes current.
But thanks for the tip to simply call the NVC and inquire about the status of our application, until now we only called the automated system and sent inquiries by email. Talking personally to someone might give some more information than the automated response :"Numbers are not yet available."
I'll keep you posted ! And good luck to us all in the future ! :)

RandyK
03-28-2008, 12:48 PM
My PD is Aug 2005

Just a month behind :(

RandyK
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Slammer, if you got visa number last year you should have gotten an interview months back, UNLESS your consulate appoinment schedule is backlogged.

Good luck

Sorry, should have said that the NVC had visa numbers for us - last year. Of course we won't hear anything from them until our PD becomes current.
But thanks for the tip to simply call the NVC and inquire about the status of our application, until now we only called the automated system and sent inquiries by email. Talking personally to someone might give some more information than the automated response :"Numbers are not yet available."
I'll keep you posted ! And good luck to us all in the future ! :)

Lasantha
03-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Randy,
Murthy's post sounds somewhat convincing because they heard it from Openheimer. On the other hand Gotcher whom I really respect was very confident in his forum that this category will keep on moving till July. So I have hope that we will see it move few months at least !!! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

BTW Randy, are you SeanD from the Gotcher forum? :cool:

My PD is Aug 2005

Just a month behind :(

doxa
03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Can I begin Cons.Proc.after uscis approved my 140 case?or only when my PD become current?thanks

brit_gc
03-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to rop by and say I received my welcome email today.
Been here since 2001, but my company wouldn't let me file labor until December 2004.

Good luck all, and keep the faith.

Andy

RandyK
03-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Congradulations!!!

Thanks for the update........

Enjoy your freedom...

Hi all,

Been here since 2001, but my company wouldn't let me file labor until December 2004.

Andy

illusions
03-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi all,

Andy

wow that's a long wait to file your labor. Well in any event you got your GC and i wish you could have gotten it sooner since IMO you should have filed your labor much sooner. Good luck in all that you have planned on doing.

willwin
03-31-2008, 12:49 PM
Can I begin Cons.Proc.after uscis approved my 140 case?or only when my PD become current?thanks

Ideally, you should have opted for CP at the time of filing your I140 and that way your I140 approval would have been forwarded to NVC and they would have initiated the CP. If you had opted for 485 9on your I140) then changing to CP is a cumbersome process.

gc4me
03-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Your long wait at the ticket line is over, now sit back, relax and enjoy the game :D
BTW, does anybody here know is there a percentile or graphical ROW RD distribution out there? Please post the link here. Would love to see how many 485 applications for ROW between June to August 2007.

Hi all,

Andy

Lasantha
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
Not neccessarily. If you look at the approved 485s from TSC, you will see that large number of them have RDs in June 2007. But according to the published TSC processing times, they have been lagging in April something for the last two months. So I don't really think these "published" processing times really reflect the current work being done at a service center at least when ones PD is current.

illusions
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
reports that 12 485 approvals (ROW) on the 31st, and EB3 catagory are being approved for PD 2007! mainly from TSC.

Lasantha
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I only counted 7. But strangely enough, there's an approval for a 04/03/2007 PD. (The user Horus). I guess he is just very lucky!!!

reports that 12 485 approvals (ROW) on the 31st, and EB3 catagory are being approved for PD 2007! mainly from TSC.

illusions
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I only counted 7. But strangely enough, there's an approval for a 04/03/2007 PD. (The user Horus). I guess he is just very lucky!!!

yeah 7 for EB3 total of 12 incl EB2. Horus, is one lucky guy i guess.

gc4me
04-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Not necessarily. Remember JULY 2nd.
July 2nd has to be cleared before July 7th!

yeah 7 for EB3 total of 12 incl EB2, yeah there are a few June 07 EB3's in there. Mine is on July07 so i must be close :) ... fingers crossed

illusions
04-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Not necessarily. Remember JULY 2nd.
July 2nd has to be cleared before July 7th!
gc4me, i had made a mistake, i was looking at the "Application Mailed" date instead of the PD, and got all excited.... i have since edited my response.

Lasantha
04-01-2008, 12:08 PM
What is your PD illusions?

gc4me, i had made a mistake, i was looking at the "Application Mailed" date instead of the PD, and got all excited.... i have since edited my response.

gc4me
04-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Can someone please create a poll for ROW RDs. It should be monthly banded
between May to Aug 2007.
I don't find an option for me to create a poll.

Your long wait at the ticket line is over, now sit back, relax and enjoy the game :D
BTW, does anybody here know is there a percentile or graphical ROW RD distribution out there? Please post the link here. Would love to see how many 485 applications for ROW between June to August 2007.

illusions
04-01-2008, 12:56 PM
What is your PD illusions?

It's July 06

Lasantha
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Hassan, How did you create this poll?

between May to Aug 2007.

Hassan11
04-01-2008, 02:26 PM
do you want the new poll for EB3 only?? ROW

between May to Aug 2007.

Lasantha
04-01-2008, 02:40 PM
I think EB3 only. ROW

do you want the new poll for EB3 only?? ROW

Hassan11
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
New Poll for RD is here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18287

Please vote. Thanks

between May to Aug 2007.

slammer
04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Slammer, if you got visa number last year you should have gotten an interview months back, UNLESS your consulate appoinment schedule is backlogged.

Good luck

We called the NVC 2 days ago about the status of our application and the guy on the phone (who was, BTW, very polite and patient) told me that everything was processed and as soon as our PD was current we would get an interview appointment very soon.

We also sent an email-inquiry to the NVC last week and just today we got the reply :
"Unfortunately, this case no longer has a visa number available. This is
because the applicant' visa category is oversubscribed, meaning that
the available numerical limit of visas able to be issued was reached.
Upon reaching the numerical limit of visas able to be issued, only
beneficiaries who have a priority date earlier than listed in the current
Visa Bulletin may be allotted a visa number in this visa category. "

So, that must mean that they had a visa number for us back in August 2007 when they sent us the DS230-I and the bills for the visa fees although according to the VB for August/September 2007 EB3 ROW was "U" ?

Hmm, I have to admit that I have kind of given up on understanding how this all works. I'm just looking forward to that day when we finally receive our GC and are able to move to the States.

Good luck to all of you and even more patience !

RandyK
04-03-2008, 01:19 PM
A visa number gets allocated only when administrative approval is granted by NVC. Most likely when you applied (packet 3) last year your case was current and visa numbers was available, however by the time they approved your case the window was closed and PDs became U.

NVC does not order a visa number for cases pending only for cases that they have approved/completed.

They do this every month around the 10th like clock work, if by the 10th of any month your case is approved/completed by NVC & your PD is current they order a visa number for you from DOS.

We called the NVC 2 days ago about the status of our application and the guy on the phone (who was, BTW, very polite and patient) told me that everything was processed and as soon as our PD was current we would get an interview appointment very soon.

We also sent an email-inquiry to the NVC last week and just today we got the reply :
"Unfortunately, this case no longer has a visa number available. This is
because the applicant' visa category is oversubscribed, meaning that
the available numerical limit of visas able to be issued was reached.
Upon reaching the numerical limit of visas able to be issued, only
beneficiaries who have a priority date earlier than listed in the current
Visa Bulletin may be allotted a visa number in this visa category. "

So, that must mean that they had a visa number for us back in August 2007 when they sent us the DS230-I and the bills for the visa fees although according to the VB for August/September 2007 EB3 ROW was "U" ?

Hmm, I have to admit that I have kind of given up on understanding how this all works. I'm just looking forward to that day when we finally receive our GC and are able to move to the States.

Good luck to all of you and even more patience !

RandyK
04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
According to there are only a few approvals for EB3 ROW in April so far.....

illusions
04-04-2008, 04:18 PM

yeah that sucks, but on the brighter side they are processing EB3 PD's for beg and mid 2005.

Lasantha
04-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, the majority of approvals are from 2005. There's even one with a June 2005 PD. I can't understand why it has slowed down though.

yeah that sucks, but on the brighter side they are processing EB3 PD's for beg and mid 2005.

Hassan11
04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Most of the approvals in in April are from TSC. Hope NSC will catch up soon. good luck everyone

Lasantha
04-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Are you NSC Hassan?

Most of the approvals in in April are from TSC. Hope NSC will catch up soon. good luck everyone

karl65
04-04-2008, 10:24 PM

I HAVE GOT MY APPROVAL TODAY (30 MINUTES AGO) WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY.......I HOPE MORE EB3 APPROVAL WILL BE COMING AFTER MINE......

GCard_Dream
04-04-2008, 10:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! This must be the most exciting weekend for you in the USA. God Bless.

I HAVE GOT MY APPROVAL TODAY (30 MINUTES AGO) WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY.......I HOPE MORE EB3 APPROVAL WILL BE COMING AFTER MINE......

illusions
04-07-2008, 10:06 AM

Great news!, Good luck in all your plans. If i were you i'd take the whole family for a vacation lol :)

Lasantha
04-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Finally there's an approval today on . At least USCIS is still breathing. That's good to know!!!! :D

illusions
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM
yeah it seems that reporing of 485 approvals has slowed down a lot, i rem seeing 10 > a day a few weeks back. The sadest thing is that that one user who reported getting approved today has a PD of 07/15/2004.... i thought they were approving 05 cases.

gc4me
04-07-2008, 03:13 PM
illusions,
They are processing based on RD not PD. I have early 2004 PD but RD is JULY 30, I guess I have wait for a while.

yeah it seems that reporing of 485 approvals has slowed down a lot, i rem seeing 10 > a day a few weeks back. The sadest thing is that that one user who reported getting approved today has a PD of 07/15/2004.... i thought they were approving 05 cases.

illusions
04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
illusions,
They are processing based on RD not PD. I have early 2004 PD but RD is JULY 30, I guess I have wait for a while.
ty for the info. I guess u are way better off than me in that case, i've got a PD of July 06, and RD Mid Sept.... so a long wait..... for me.

Lasantha
04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Your RD cannot be mid September. That must be your Notice Date. I bet your RD (the date CIS received your app) is either July or August.

ty for the info. I guess u are way better off than me in that case, i've got a PD of July 06, and RD Mid Sept.... so a long wait..... for me.

illusions
04-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Your RD cannot be mid September. That must be your Notice Date. I bet your RD (the date CIS received your app) is either July or August.

yes u are right.... snap, so much have been going on since last summer that my brain is fried. As i recall i sent my app early July :), appreciate it Lasantha.

Hassan11
04-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes Lasantha. I am at NSC.

It seems from that USCIS is approving 2003 and 2004 and in April touched couple 2005 PDs with no particular order and without paying attention to RD. high priority is oldest PDs (2003 & 2004) that were stuck in Name Check and now in April since 2005 PD is current, it seems that they touched few of them too.

good luck to both TSC and NSC

Are you NSC Hassan?

xela
04-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I had called them last week and was told the ususal spiel about my processing time not being current. But the lady also slipped with some piece of info that I did not have before: The processing dates are updated every 2 weeks....we do not see that online. While I am not sure that is true, I still figured hey let's call again and see. So yesterday the guy on the phone told me that I am outside their processing times and that he will put in a service request to make sure they will take care of my application....and my RD is July 2nd.....so their might be some truth about them internally updating processing times.....maybe

eeezzz
04-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Just happen to see some RoW EB3 cases at Nebraska center get approved.
One is RD 06/12/2007, which is a little bit more than 06/08/2007 on the Nebraska's RD processing annouced for 3/15/2007.

The other with RD 06/15/2007

P.S: The more I look at , I see there's even one case with RD for 07/13/2007
So it's possible Nebraska will move processing date forward to at least 07/15/2007 at the next processing date annoucement.

Hassan11
04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Xela,

what is your PD?? I don't mean to be pessimistic regarding your application, but it seems that USCIS is processing old PDs 2003 and 2004 without looking at RD ( if it is within the published processing time or not). so if you have a PD of 2004 or older, don't worry about your RD and they will touch yours soon, assuming I-140 already approved. but if you have a PD newer than 2004, it might be a while before they get to those even if your RD is before 06/08/07 (published)

Also regarding the service request. I did a SR back in February to get an update of my case and they asked me to wait 45 days to hear something. I called again today ( 60 days later) and it seems that SR I did disapeared ( I even have a reference #). Customer Service rep said they can start a new SR but not sure if it is gonna do anything. they will get to the application when they can. and right now they are precessing 2003 and 2004.

Hope this helps.

I had called them last week and was told the ususal spiel about my processing time not being current. But the lady also slipped with some piece of info that I did not have before: The processing dates are updated every 2 weeks....we do not see that online. While I am not sure that is true, I still figured hey let's call again and see. So yesterday the guy on the phone told me that I am outside their processing times and that he will put in a service request to make sure they will take care of my application....and my RD is July 2nd.....so their might be some truth about them internally updating processing times.....maybe

Hassan11
04-10-2008, 10:31 AM
The HR Manager at my company wants to send a letter inquiring about the status of my 485 application. My PD is current as of April VB and my RD is within the published Processing time. My application is at NSC.

my question is: what address do they need to send the letter to?? or is there another way to do it??

Thanks

Lasantha
04-10-2008, 11:55 AM
I am not sure if a letter is going to help. I was going to suggest an SR but in your earlier post you said that your SR didn't work either. But if you are going to send a letter then I would suggest sending it to NSC. Your lawyer would have the address.

I also know that sometimes people write to their congressman asking him to look in to the case but I am not sure if that's a good idea.

The HR Manager at my company wants to send a letter inquiring about the status of my 485 application. My PD is current as of April VB and my RD is within the published Processing time. My application is at NSC.

my question is: what address do they need to send the letter to?? or is there another way to do it??

Thanks

Hassan11
04-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks Lasantha for your reply. I am not sure if employer can call on my behalf and get an update on my application??. I did explain to my employer that to get an update I can call USCIS but they want an update from USCIS in writting to keep it on my employee file in the HR dept. I am not sure if USCIS will reply to the inquiry in writing or not. (I think by law, they have to, right??) what is the mailing address at NSC???

I filed for my I-485 myself without the help of a lawyer.

My employer (a small business) has never gone through the GC sponsorship before me and they are not familiar with the process.

I am not sure if a letter is going to help. I was going to suggest an SR but in your earlier post you said that your SR didn't work either. But if you are going to send a letter then I would suggest sending it to NSC. Your lawyer would have the address.

I also know that sometimes people write to their congressman asking him to look in to the case but I am not sure if that's a good idea.

Lasantha
04-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Hassan,

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=96b53591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=52a46c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1 RCRD

USCIS NSC

P.O. Box 82521

Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Thanks Lasantha for your reply. I am not sure if employer can call on my behalf and get an update on my application??. I did explain to my employer that to get an update I can call USCIS but they want an update from USCIS in writting to keep it on my employee file in the HR dept. I am not sure if USCIS will reply to the inquiry in writing or not. (I think by law, they have to, right??) what is the amiling address at NSC???

I filed for my I-485 myself without the help of a lawyer.

My employer (a small business) has never gone through the GC sponsorship before me and they are not familiar with the process.

xela
04-10-2008, 12:18 PM
I have seen that same tendency on ,when I asked about that, I was told that once your PD is current the RD plays the final role, if my RD is before someones with a 2004 PD then mine is done first. Now the service guy was the one telling me that. Question is how much can we believe them. Obviously we are getting mixed info here.
Lets just hope we all get it soon and this confusion they are causing with all the mixed messages is over soon!

Good luck!!!!!!

Xela,

what is your PD?? I don't mean to be pessimistic regarding your application, but it seems that USCIS is processing old PDs 2003 and 2004 without looking at RD ( if it is within the published processing time or not). so if you have a PD of 2004 or older, don't worry about your RD and they will touch yours soon, assuming I-140 already approved. but if you have a PD newer than 2004, it might be a while before they get to those even if your RD is before 06/08/07 (published)

Also regarding the service request. I did a SR back in February to get an update of my case and they asked me to wait 45 days to hear something. I called again today ( 60 days later) and it seems that SR I did disapeared ( I even have a reference #). Customer Service rep said they can start a new SR but not sure if it is gonna do anything. they will get to the application when they can. and right now they are precessing 2003 and 2004.

Hope this helps.

Hassan11
04-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Thanks Lasantha :)

Hassan,

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=96b53591ec04d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=52a46c854523d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1 RCRD

USCIS NSC

P.O. Box 82521

Lincoln, NE 68501-2521

Lasantha
04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
U are welcome! Keep us posted.

Thanks Lasantha :)

pappu
04-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63

IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.

I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.

illusions
04-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63

IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.

I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.

Thanks, and i have. But there seems to be bugs in the tracker. For eg the filtering doesn seem to work and the page looks broken :confused: Would it be possible that these are fixed soon ? Great idea by the way.

pappu
04-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks, and i have. But there seems to be bugs in the tracker. For eg the filtering doesn seem to work and the page looks broken :confused: Would it be possible that these are fixed soon ? Great idea by the way.

Thanks
Please keep sending bugs and features for enhancement via PM to me

xela
04-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Just checked again and the last 2 approvals are

PD 3-15-05 RD 6-12-07
PD 10-21-04 RD 6-29-07

So they are past the June 8th date, looks like they are still processing pre PERM applications though.

PS pappu, I updated what I know exactly (PD RD of I 485), my lawyer has the rest.

karl65
04-10-2008, 08:13 PM

PD 3-15-05 RD 6-12-07
PD 10-21-04 RD 6-29-07

So they are past the June 8th date, looks like they are still processing pre PERM applications though.

PS pappu, I updated what I know exactly (PD RD of I 485), my lawyer has the rest.

I have received approval on April 04 and today I have received GCs for all my family but not for one of my daughters. I checked USCIS and I just realized her application is still pending. She just turned 14 on March and she only did FP 2. Do you think she has to do again FP or they just left her behind......

Lasantha
04-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Friends,

I have some happy news. I received the welcome email today. I am so so so happy!!! I haven't received the card ordered email yet but hopefully I will get it soon.

Thank you so much to all of you for your help !!! This forum is a gold mine and I appreciate all your advice and guidence in this journey!!!

Hassan, Randy, Illusions and others, I have a strong feeling that your turn is right around the corner !!! Just hang in there for just a little longer and you will get yours pretty soon!!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On April 10, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Hewa
04-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Congratulations Lasantha, happy for you.

Hewa

Priority Date-03/27/06 - EB3 ROW
I-140 approved 11/14/2006
I-485 RD 07/23/2007

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Thanks machan!!

Congratulations Lasantha, happy for you.

Hewa

Priority Date-03/27/06 - EB3 ROW
I-140 approved 11/14/2006
I-485 RD 07/23/2007

Wendall
04-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Congratulations Lasantha!!!

My PD is Feb 2005 at TSC, since my PD became current on the 1st April, I have not seen any LUDs on my USCIS account.

Accordingly, I was wondering what was your experience?
Specifically did you get any LUDs before you received the "Welcome New Resident" e-mail?

Thanks!

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Wendall, thanks!
No I did not see any LUDs. I checked the case status about 4 times during the day yesterday and did not see any LUDs and suddenly around 3.30pm got the welcome email. What is your RD? Looks like they are going by Rds. Hope you hear the good news soon !!!

Congratulations Lasantha!!!

My PD is Feb 2005 at TSC, since my PD became current on the 1st April, I have not seen any LUDs on my USCIS account.

Accordingly, I was wondering what was your experience?
Specifically did you get any LUDs before you received the "Welcome New Resident" e-mail?

Thanks!

Wendall
04-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Lasantha,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes my RD was June 15th 2007 but my ND was July 11th 2007.
What was your RD?

xela
04-11-2008, 09:24 AM
I am very happy for you guys!!!!!!:D

indianabacklog
04-11-2008, 09:57 AM

PD 3-15-05 RD 6-12-07
PD 10-21-04 RD 6-29-07

They are definitely approving beyond June 8th but there are many people with RD's from May 07 and before and much older priority dates still waiting. Do not read too much into the approvals you see the approvals are somewhat random to say the least.

EB3 ROW, PD November 2002, RD May 2007. Still not approved. Getting impatient seeing people getting approvals with later priority dates and receipt dates. Think my application has got lost in a corner somewhere.

lazycis
04-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I have received approval on April 04 and today I have received GCs for all my family but not for one of my daughters. I checked USCIS and I just realized her application is still pending. She just turned 14 on March and she only did FP 2. Do you think she has to do again FP or they just left her behind......

Same story here. They will send RFE for biometrics for her. Expect it within a month, if you do not get it in a month, take Infopass/call and ask for biometrics appointment. My daughter's I-485 was approved next day after FP.

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Wendall, My RD was 29th June and my ND was 14th August.

Lasantha,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes my RD was June 15th 2007 but my ND was July 11th 2007.
What was your RD?

Hassan11
04-11-2008, 10:29 AM
:)

Congratulations Lasantha. I am very happy for you. You are a great contributor to this forum and you helped a lot of fellow EB Immigrants with your advice.

You deserve it. go out and celebrate :D
Please do come back to this forum when you get a chance.

Hassan

Friends,

I have some happy news. I received the welcome email today. I am so so so happy!!! I haven't received the card ordered email yet but hopefully I will get it soon.

Thank you so much to all of you for your help !!! This forum is a gold mine and I appreciate all your advice and guidence in this journey!!!

Hassan, Randy, Illusions and others, I have a strong feeling that your turn is right around the corner !!! Just hang in there for just a little longer and you will get yours pretty soon!!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On April 10, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

illusions
04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Friends,

Dude that's awesome news!!!! Mines surely around the corner ... of this year lol... i'm in no hurry i'd rather everybody before me get their GC soon enough. Enjoy machang and if i were u i'll take a vacation :)

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks Hassan !!!!

:)

Congratulations Lasantha. I am very happy for you. You are a great contributor to this forum and you helped a lot of fellow EB Immigrants with your advice.

You deserve it. go out and celebrate :D
Please do come back to this forum when you get a chance.

Hassan

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks man. Yes, i am already planning a vacation. Haven't seen Colombo in almost 9 years now. It will be exciting!!!

Dude that's awesome news!!!! Mines surely around the corner ... of this year lol... i'm in no hurry i'd rather everybody before me get their GC soon enough. Enjoy machang and if i were u i'll take a vacation :)

Hassan11
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
EB-3 ROW: 1 Mar 2006

PD cutoff date moved by 9 months. this is great news for PERM applications with PDs in late 2005. this also tells us that the state dept will move cutoff dates significantly in the last few months of the year so visas will not go to waste.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

VB for May is not published yet. these cutoff dates are from the Mumbai consulate web site.

illusions
04-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks man. Yes, i am already planning a vacation. Haven't seen Colombo in almost 9 years now. It will be exciting!!!

wow 9 years huh... i looked at skyscrapercity and colombo is booming :) if it makes u any better i haven't been to Colombo in 10 years!!!! lol might go there this year.

BTW: seems like the May bulletin is out :

EB3 ROW is 1 March 2006 :) i'm 3 months off lol

eeezzz
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
EB-3 ROW: 1 Mar 2006

PD cutoff date moved by 9 months. this is great news for PERM applications with PDs in late 2005. this also tells us that the state dept will move cutoff dates significantly in the last few months of the year so visas will not go to waste.

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

VB for May is not published yet. these cutoff dates are from the Mumbai consulate web site.

Look forward to see the release of processing time.

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I saw that. The dates will keep moving and I bet you will be current in the June bulletin.

wow 9 years huh... i looked at skyscrapercity and colombo is booming :) if it makes u any better i haven't been to Colombo in 10 years!!!! lol might go there this year.

BTW: seems like the May bulletin is out :

EB3 ROW is 1 March 2006 :) i'm 3 months off lol

illusions
04-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Yeah, I saw that. The dates will keep moving and I bet you will be current in the June bulletin.

i got my fingers crossed, not to mention my toes too lol.

gc4me
04-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Lasantha, I do congratulate you from the bottom of my heart. It has been a uphill journey for everyone. I am happy that you have completed your journey successfully.

One last question,

You mentioned your RD is June 29th. Is it the date from your FEDEX tracking #? Or this date is mentioned on your USCIS 485 receipt? Why am I asking this as because, I sent my application on 30th July, USCIS got it on JULY 31st. I sent it to NSC, USCIS transferred to TSC, TSC issued my EAD, AP and a 485 notice on Sep 22 mentioning that they are transferring my case to NSC. That is why it is very important for me to know if they will consider my JULY 31st date or Sep 22nd?

Friends,

I]

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 11:23 AM
gc4me,

June 29th is the receipt date printed on my Receipt Notice. I think they go by that date. So I am pretty sure they will take July 31st as your RD.

Lasantha, I do congratulate you from the bottom of my heart. It has been a uphill journey for everyone. I am happy that you have completed your journey successfully.

One last question,

You mentioned your RD is June 29th. Is it the date from your FEDEX tracking #? Or this date is mentioned on your USCIS 485 receipt? Why am I asking this as because, I sent my application on 30th July, USCIS got it on JULY 31st. I sent it to NSC, USCIS transferred to TSC, TSC issued my EAD, AP and a 485 notice on Sep 22 mentioning that they are transferring my case to NSC. That is why it is very important for me to know if they will consider my JULY 31st date or Sep 22nd?

xela
04-11-2008, 11:28 AM
They are definitely approving beyond June 8th but there are many people with RD's from May 07 and before and much older priority dates still waiting. Do not read too much into the approvals you see the approvals are somewhat random to say the least.

EB3 ROW, PD November 2002, RD May 2007. Still not approved. Getting impatient seeing people getting approvals with later priority dates and receipt dates. Think my application has got lost in a corner somewhere.

I know, but I cannot help being hopefull, especially since some lucky guys here have finally gotten it. I am glad for them and hope that soon you and me will follow them!
I will send a little extra luck with this for you :)

gettinthere
04-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi

Sorry about my lack of knowledge, but what is EB3/ROW? Is "ROW" a short form? Can someone explain or guide me to a link?

mhathi
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi

Sorry about my lack of knowledge, but what is EB3/ROW? Is "ROW" a short form? Can someone explain or guide me to a link?

ROW = Rest Of the World.

Countries other than China, India, Phillipines or Mexico (retrogressed countries).

Hewa
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
July 31st will probably be your RD. Unless they mess it up. I read somewhere that it got messed up for someone.

I mailed my I-485 to NSC, CSC issued the receipts, and sent me a transfer notice (transferred to TSC). It is now pending at TSC. But the RD is the date NSC received my package.

One last question,

gc4me
04-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks Hewa, Lasanthe for your clarification.

Lasanthe, you had been a great, informative and important member at IV, especially ROW related threads.
I am sure today is the last day will be browsing IV.org to read "congratulation" messages! And going to delete iv.org from your Favourites
:D

July 31st will probably be your RD. Unless they mess it up. I read somewhere that it got messed up for someone.

I mailed my I-485 to NSC, CSC issued the receipts, and sent me a transfer notice (transferred to TSC). It is now pending at TSC. But the RD is the date NSC received my package.

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Nope, I will be around !! :cool:

Thanks Hewa, Lasanthe for your clarification.

Lasanthe, you had been a great, informative and important member at IV, especially ROW related threads.
I am sure today is the last day will be browsing IV.org to read "congratulation" messages! And going to delete iv.org from your Favourites

Springflower
04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I am wondering what is ROW (in EB3) means?

I see some people wrting EB3 ROW. Looks like it's different from EB3.

I appreciate if some body can explain ROW as used in EB3.

Thank you.

------------
so far $300

illusions
04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
read up..... mhathi has explained it.

For more acronyms read this thread, it's a good source to find all the terms used.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17659

Thank you.

------------
so far $300

gc4me
04-11-2008, 01:03 PM

Rest Of the World [excludes India, China, Mexico and Philippines]

Thank you.

------------
so far $300

user1205
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
The dates will keep moving and I bet you will be current in the June bulletin.

This is the selfish part of me speaking but I hope they don't become current but move to April 2008 or something similar.
If EB3 ROW is current then that opens up the numbers to EB3 India and China and we saw last year that India alone got 17K approvals so that cuts from the number of ROW approvals.
Again ... it's the selfish part of me ... in a perfect world, nobody would have to wait this long or make these claculations ...
I'm happy for all the people that get that "card ordered" email but I so hope to get one for myself!!!!

illusions
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
This is the selfish part of me speaking but I hope they don't become current but move to April 2008 or something similar.
If EB3 ROW is current then that opens up the numbers to EB3 India and China and we saw last year that India alone got 17K approvals so that cuts from the number of ROW approvals.
Again ... it's the selfish part of me ... in a perfect world, nobody would have to wait this long or make these claculations ...
I'm happy for all the people that get that "card ordered" email but I so hope to get one for myself!!!!

Hey we are only human after all. I'd be happy if they really made every category out there current, and we can be done with this agony :mad:

Lasantha
04-11-2008, 03:02 PM
I didn't think that EB3 ROW will be "Current" in June. What I meant was that Illusion's PD will be current because he is only 3 months away from May cut off dates.

RandyK
04-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Lasantha,

I am very happy for you!!!!!!!! You deserved it.... Now only thing you have to do is learn to live like a free man after all these years........

Good luck.... do check us out here once in a while...

I am also happy to say that my PD just became current...... hopefully I should get good news soon as well...

Friends,

eeezzz
04-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I have a question here. Since TSC processing time is 04/30/2007 and NSC is 06/08/2007. Does that mean even EB-1 will have to wait until the processing time to their RD ?
eg, If you are EB-1 just file your 485 this month, but the processign center time not get to 04/2008 for another 2 years, then even you are EB-1 which is always current(for right now), you still not able to get your GC in two years ?

user1205
04-11-2008, 03:45 PM
I didn't think that EB3 ROW will be "Current" in June. What I meant was that Illusion's PD will be current because he is only 3 months away from May cut off dates.

By the way ... CONGRATULATIONS for your GC !!!!!

karl65
04-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Same story here. They will send RFE for biometrics for her. Expect it within a month, if you do not get it in a month, take Infopass/call and ask for biometrics appointment. My daughter's I-485 was approved next day after FP.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll do it.

Lasantha
04-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks Randy!!! I am very happy for you too. You are almost there. Expect to see that nice email from CRIS in your inbox any moment now. :)

Lasantha,

I am very happy for you!!!!!!!! You deserved it.... Now only thing you have to do is learn to live like a free man after all these years........

Good luck.... do check us out here once in a while...

I am also happy to say that my PD just became current...... hopefully I should get good news soon as well...

eeezzz
04-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Lasanthe

Just happen to see your signature file and found that you have a RD around end of June 2007 at TSC. I think we can use it as data reference to say TSC processing time will go to at least end of June 2007, from 04/30/2007. That is probably a good news for whose files in TSC.

munnu77
04-14-2008, 01:25 PM

-

speedo
04-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Lasantha, I have a similar profile like yours except for my PD will become current in May and I-485 was filed July 2nd. My question to you is that did you call the service center to inquire about your status, and that triggered approval.

EB3-ROW PD Sep 2005
I-140 approved in 2006
I-485 RD 07/02/2007

H4_losing_hope
04-14-2008, 02:39 PM
hi there,

Just wanted to post that my husband and I finally had our embassy interview for our greencards and are back in the states approved and very happy!

Our interview appointment came very quickly, within 3 weeks of the March visa bulletin. I wish you all the same fortune and hope that the priority dates open up considerably for you all.

My best.

EB3 ROW
PD August 2003, consular processing

Lasantha
04-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Speedo,
Yes I did call the USCIS the day prior to getting the welcome email. Now if that triggered the approval or not I can't be certain.

Lasantha, I have a similar profile like yours except for my PD will become current in May and I-485 was filed July 2nd. My question to you is that did you call the service center to inquire about your status, and that triggered approval.

EB3-ROW PD Sep 2005
I-140 approved in 2006
I-485 RD 07/02/2007

Wendall
04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Lasantha,

When you called TSC prior to your GC approval, what did the IO at TSC tell you?

I'm asking because I know your RD was June 2007, when I called TSC today they told me that they have not got to my I-485 application because they are currently working on I-485 applications with RDs of April 2007 and my RD is June 2007 like yours.

Thanks!

Speedo,
Yes I did call the USCIS the day prior to getting the welcome email. Now if that triggered the approval or not I can't be certain.

Lasantha
04-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Wendall,
All she said was that I will be hearing from them within 60 days. When I tried to ask more questions she said "Sir, I told you 60 days, consider that a very good answer". She would not say any more. Maybe she saw that it was already approved but probably they are not allowed to tell that to us over the phone till we get the approval email and said that in a cryptic way.

Lasantha,

When you called TSC prior to your GC approval, what did the IO at TSC tell you?

I'm asking because I know your RD was June 2007, when I called TSC today they told me that they have not got to my I-485 application because they are currently working on I-485 applications with RDs of April 2007 and my RD is June 2007 like yours.

Thanks!

eeezzz
04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Wendall,

I guess next time you can ask "Will I hear from you in 60 days?", then you might know if you are closer.

illusions
04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Wendall,

I guess next time you can ask "Will I hear from you in 60 days?", then you might know if you are closer.

Perhaps we all can use that line to kind of* figure out how close we are lol :D , provided that our PD is current that is.

Lasantha
04-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Guys,

I received the card in the mail today. It was mailed in Texas on 04/14.

So here is the events from 04/10 when I received the Welcome email.

04/10 - Welcome Email
04/10 - Card Production Email
04/15 - Case approved Email (Shouldn' this be the first one they should have sent? Anyways I'm not complaining :D)
04/16 - Card received.

It felt so good have it finally in my hands!!!!

webm
04-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Enjoy the freedom of having GC...!!!:) after a long wait..like everyone...

---------------------
EB3-I PD Oct 1st,2001
485 RD:June 25th,2007 (TSC)
Waiting continues....

marty
04-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Speedo,
Guys,

I received the card in the mail today. It was mailed in Texas on 04/14.

So here is the events from 04/10 when I received the Welcome email.

04/10 - Welcome Email
04/10 - Card Production Email
04/15 - Case approved Email (Shouldn' this be the first one they should have sent? Anyways I'm not complaining )
04/16 - Card received.

It felt so good have it finally in my hands!!!!

Congrats Lasantha :)

One question: in one thread you mentioned you've also got canadian PR. I did apply for canadian immigration, got approval but have to land before 24th april. My 485 was filed in july 2007, EAD, AP aprpoved and PD for october 2005 got current in the May bulletin. I am thinking of abandoning the CA PR as even if I get that, I will have to abandon it when I will get for US PR. So the question is, what will the CA PR benefit when you already have GC?

Lasantha
04-17-2008, 01:04 PM
It's extremely difficult, if not impossible to maintain PR status in both US and Canada due to the residency requirements. Once you get your US GC the best thing to do is to abandon your Canadian PR if you intend to live in the US and make your home here. Frankly I don't see any benefit of mainatining your Canadaian PR. If you try to do that it might even jeopardize your GC. Google and you will find lots of advice on this issue. I plan to live and work here in the US.

Congrats Lasantha :)

One question: in one thread you mentioned you've also got canadian PR. I did apply for canadian immigration, got approval but have to land before 24th april. My 485 was filed in july 2007, EAD, AP aprpoved and PD for october 2005 got current in the May bulletin. I am thinking of abandoning the CA PR as even if I get that, I will have to abandon it when I will get for US PR. So the question is, what will the CA PR benefit when you already have GC?

marty
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
It's extremely difficult, if not impossible to maintain PR status in both US and Canada due to the residency requirements. Once you get your US GC the best thing to do is to abandon your Canadian PR if you intend to live in the US and make your home here. Frankly I don't see any benefit of mainatining your Canadaian PR. If you try to do that it might even jeopardize your GC. Google and you will find lots of advice on this issue. I plan to live and work here in the US.

Thanks Lasantha. Yes, I have been reading a lot on google about it. Some readers also suggested landing and come back using AVR as I have a valid HIB approval but still I am not feeling comfortable doing it. I guess I will not land there. My whole process until 485 went very smooth, I am in ROW category, and hope all goes well till approval. I am also planning to stay in US.

Damn, this whole thing is giving me headache now :confused:

xela
04-25-2008, 08:51 AM
somebody got really lucky!!!

PD 06/20/2005 Nebraska EB3 RD 07/10/2007

I opened service request on April 8th for my PD 6/17/2005 RD7/2/2007 case, and last time I called nobody had been assigned to my case yet....well oh well I know some of you guys are even further back with dates....so I guess luck is what we need...

eeezzz
04-25-2008, 12:47 PM
somebody got really lucky!!!
PD 06/20/2005 Nebraska EB3 RD 07/10/2007

I really doubt that case is real. But that does cheer people up, if the bubble is not busted.

speedo
05-01-2008, 01:32 PM
What is the number to use to call and check status of I-485 application or open sr?

This is what I have tried:
Dial (800) 375 Ė 5283
Select 1
Select 2
Select 2
Select 6
Select 1
Enter the number xxxxxxxxx
Select 1
Select 3
Select 4

The lady answered the phone and explained that she is not allowed to say or do anything on my case.

EB-3 ROW
Priority Date: 09-25-2005
I-140 Approved 12-12-2006
I-485 Received 7-2-2007
Fingerprint completed

xtronics
05-01-2008, 02:56 PM
2004 June

user1205
05-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Yay! I'm current ... now all I need is A LOT OF LUCK!

Good luck in this new month everybody :)

Lasantha
05-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Good luck man!!! Hope everyone will get good news this month!!!!

Yay! I'm current ... now all I need is A LOT OF LUCK!

Good luck in this new month everybody :)

user1205
05-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks!
I hope you're enjoying the freedom :)

Good luck man!!! Hope everyone will get good news this month!!!!

speedo
05-01-2008, 08:01 PM
I am current this month too. Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for some magic emails.

speedo
05-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Anybody in ROW EB3 from NSC who is current this month got approval?

I am still waiting.

NSC-EB3-ROW, PD 09/2005
I-485 RD 07/02/2007.
Last update: all background check have been cleared and waiting for IO to pick up the file.

ianlock
05-09-2008, 12:31 PM
My PD is 19th June 2006....close..lol... EB3 ROW

I just got sent a packet from NVC to ask to confirm my layers details and my current address. Im hoping the June VB will put me in the current section...?

just gotta wait and see i guess.

RandyK
05-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Ianlock,

Can you tell me when NVC mailed the packet to you (is there a post mark date) ?

I have been waiting for my packet since April 25th and still nothing. NVC told me that they mailed it on the 25th.

Thanks

I just got sent a packet from NVC to ask to confirm my layers details and my current address. Im hoping the June VB will put me in the current section...?

bfadlia
05-09-2008, 01:09 PM

ianlock, you didn't notice this thread http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19012

VB June is out, from mumbai consulate website
sorry to bear the bad news, but eb3 row did not move

khukubindu
05-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Does anyone can predict what will be the cut-off date for EB-3 ROW during the months July to September ? Will it proceed, stop moving or even it could be retrogressed ? what will be the OCT 2008 cut-off date ?
Thanks

GCard_Dream
05-09-2008, 03:48 PM
My PD, Sep 2005, is current as well and has been current since since last month but no magic emails yet. By the way, when I called the CIS today, the officer indicated that my finger print is cleared but name check is still pending. I thought they were the same? Does anyone know what the difference is between the two?

gc4me
05-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I guess it is not going to move any further.
There are more than enough applications waiting to be approved than the visa number available for ROW this year. It will move backwards to 2004 date in October when visa number for 2009 will be available.

Remember, PERM started in March of 2005, and there are floods of LCs with PD > March' 2005. It will take 2/3 years before it can move beyond 2005.

Does anyone can predict what will be the cut-off date for EB-3 ROW during the months July to September ? Will it proceed, stop moving or even it could be retrogressed ? what will be the OCT 2008 cut-off date ?
Thanks

illusions
05-09-2008, 04:32 PM
No movement for us EB-3 ROW... this sucks... sigh just have to wait another month now and see what will happen.

speedo
05-09-2008, 04:42 PM
what is that package about?

GCard_Dream
05-09-2008, 05:02 PM
There are plenty of name check experts around here.. any takers. Come on.

My PD, Sep 2005, is current as well and has been current since since last month but no magic emails yet. By the way, when I called the CIS today, the officer indicated that my finger print is cleared but name check is still pending. I thought they were the same? Does anyone know what the difference is between the two?

RandyK
05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Good article about Homeland Security fact sheet explains security checks for immigration benefit applicants

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

There are plenty of name check experts around here.. any takers. Come on.

GCard_Dream
05-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Thank you Randy. That was a very useful article and did answer my question. Appreciate the help.

Good article about Homeland Security fact sheet explains security checks for immigration benefit applicants

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2006/May/04-878088.html

ianlock
05-09-2008, 06:01 PM
The packet was just asking me to confirm my address, and my soliciters address and details. They sent a copy to me, my soliciter, and my employer.

was mailed to me on the 18th of april.

on the cover letter, it said i had been sent these because my PD was about to become current, and or a visa number would be available for me within the next 3- 6 months.

My take on the Mumbi consulate, VB, is just wait and see. It says most other countries, not ROW...and to be honest, i am not guna belive anything untill i see it on the state dept web site. in the full VB which should be out next week.

Im consular processing, im not even on the USA yet, i have had my job held open for the last 2 years.

i carnt see row moving forward that much but i think it will move a little. i dont think it will move back.

doxa
05-12-2008, 04:29 AM
The packet was just asking me to confirm my address, and my soliciters address and details. They sent a copy to me, my soliciter, and my employer.

was mailed to me on the 18th of april.

on the cover letter, it said i had been sent these because my PD was about to become current, and or a visa number would be available for me within the next 3- 6 months.

My take on the Mumbi consulate, VB, is just wait and see. It says most other countries, not ROW...and to be honest, i am not guna belive anything untill i see it on the state dept web site. in the full VB which should be out next week.

Im consular processing, im not even on the USA yet, i have had my job held open for the last 2 years.

i carnt see row moving forward that much but i think it will move a little. i dont think it will move back.

Hi.Whats Your PD?

ianlock
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
19th June 2006

khukubindu
05-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Do you have any count of how many LC's have been approved with PD between March 28, 2005 to Dec 31, 2005 in the category of EB-3 ROW?
Below is the Count:

PD Approved Approved in Total
in FY 2006 FY 2007
(10/01/05 (10/01/06-
- 9/30/06) 9/30/07)

3/28/05-4/30/05 12 12

5/1/05 - 5/31/05 89 85

6/1/05 - 6/30/05 110 239

7/1/05 -7/31/05 175 334 509

8/1/05 - 8/30/05 421 402 823

9/1/05 - 9/30/05 694 79 773

10/1/05- 10/31/05 944 944

11/1/05 - 11/30/05 906 906

12/1/05 - 12/31/05 1022 1022

1/1/06 - 1/31/06 1007 1007

2/1/06 -- 2/28/06 952 952

3/1/06- 3/31/06 1140 1140

4/1/06- 4/30/06 896 896

5/1/06 - 5/31/06 980 980

6/1/06 - 6/30/06 916 916

7/1/06 - 7/31/06 775 775

Above is the total number of LC approved with priority date between March 28, 2005 to July 31, 2006 ( My PD is July 28, 2006) on monthly basis based on the data published by PERM process.

The first column showed the priority date. The second column showed the approved LC with the PD range but approved in FY 2006 and the third coulmn showed the number of LC with the same PD range but their Labor approved in FY 2007(as different application can approved in different times).

If we assume that all the applicants with PD before July 1, 2005 have been approved then remaining numbers are total of 11979 with PD before July 31, 2006 and after Jun 30, 2005. If we assume that all the applications with PD before March 1, 2006 will be approved within this FY i.e before 9/30/2008 then only 4707 numbers of applications with PD between March 1, 2006 to July 31, 2006 will be left.

Based on above data how could you assume that Cut-off Date will be back to 2004 and it will take 2/3 years to even cross the year 2005.

I guess it is not going to move any further.
There are more than enough applications waiting to be approved than the visa number available for ROW this year. It will move backwards to 2004 date in October when visa number for 2009 will be available.

Remember, PERM started in March of 2005, and there are floods of LCs with PD > March' 2005. It will take 2/3 years before it can move beyond 2005.

khukubindu
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
PD App in FY 05 App in 06 Total

3/28/05-4/30/05 12 12

5/1/05 - 5/31/05 89 85

6/1/05 - 6/30/05 110 239

7/1/05 -7/31/05 175 334 509

8/1/05 - 8/30/05 421 402 823

9/1/05 - 9/30/05 694 79 773

10/1/05- 10/31/05 944 944

11/1/05 - 11/30/05 906 906

12/1/05 - 12/31/05 1022 1022
1/1/06 - 1/31/06 1007 1007

2/1/06 -- 2/28/06 952 952

3/1/06- 3/31/06 1140 1140

4/1/06- 4/30/06 896 896

5/1/06 - 5/31/06 980 980

6/1/06 - 6/30/06 916 916

7/1/06 - 7/31/06 775 775

clairvoyance
05-12-2008, 01:34 PM
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4231.html

E. EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

Demand for numbers, primarily by Citizenship and Immigration Services Offices for adjustment of status cases, is expected to bring the Employment Third preference category very close to the annual numerical limit in June. As a result, this category is likely to experience retrogressions or visa unavailability beginning in July. Such action would only be temporary, however, and a complete recovery of the cut-off dates would occur for October, the first month of the new fiscal year.

speedo
05-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Any EB-3 ROW approvals..

doxa
05-31-2008, 09:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOL filed my application for perm.work permit on March 2006. /so my Pd march 2006/ They approved this application.Then ,we sent the i-140 application form to USCIS.They sent it back,because the DOL made an error concering my salary.The DOL corrected this error and approved once again in October 2006. Now my i-140 is approved,USCIS transfered my case to NVC and to my atthorney in which the priority date is October 2006.Now I waiting for CP .What can I do in this situation? Thanks for Your respondings.

gc4me
06-27-2008, 11:30 AM
To all EB3 members whose PD is current:

Monday is the last day. If you don't get your GC approved, you got to wait for at least 7/8 months before they start moving dates forward. Beginning of each fiscal year, the dates are generally very conservative.

And for ROW EB3, if the bill passes to eliminate country quota, you will be getting your GC in not less than 5 years from now which you could have get it if your f**ing attorney/company would have file it 7 days earlier! Big time screwed! I am one of them!

bfadlia
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM

Monday is the last day. If you don't get your GC approved, you got to wait for at least 7/8 months before they start moving dates forward. Beginning of each fiscal year, the dates are generally very conservative.

And for ROW EB3, if the bill passes to eliminate country quota, you will be getting your GC in not less than 5 years from now which you could have get it if your f**ing attorney/company would have file it 7 days earlier! Big time screwed! I am one of them!

The good thing is eliminating the country quota is always lumped with doubling the total quota and/or recapturing previous years waste, so hopefully the affect evens itself out.. Eliminating the coutry qouta by itself is a disaster.

webm
06-27-2008, 12:29 PM

We are really missing the boat..till Oct'08 FY09 starts..:(

waiting continues....it became routine..

-----------------------------------
PD:EB3 India Oct,2001

gc4me
06-27-2008, 01:35 PM
For me the agony is endless. My deshi employer did not provide me the EVL in time though I was able to file in JUNE. They gave it to me after JULY 20th when I stopped sending timesheets.

I am personally not a big supporter of elimination of country quota. Donít get me wrong. I fully share and understand the endless pain is being gone through by EB3 Indians/Chinese community. Increasing # of EB visa will ease some of their pain.

For an example there are 1000 IT processionals from India wants to come to US with H1/L1/B1. There are ample companies (say 50) owned by Indian and those 1000 IT professionals have enough opportunities to come to US.
On the other hand, for an example, from Ukraine, there are 100 IT professionals are trying to migrate to US with H1/L1/B1 but there are few to none companies (say 1 ) owned by Ukrainians and those 100 IT professionals have few to none opportunity to come to US.
My point is, there are more IT Indians in US do not validate removal of country quota.
Others should get a fair chance Ė NO MONOPOLY is desirable.

Also New Jersey has too may Indians living, may be one day, there can be revolution, and they might ask for a separate country. I am kidding here.

We are really missing the boat..till Oct'08 FY09 starts..:(

waiting continues....it became routine..

-----------------------------------
PD:EB3 India Oct,2001

bfadlia
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
For me the agony is endless. My deshi employer did not provide me the EVL in time though I was able to file in JUNE. They gave it to me after JULY 20th when I stopped sending timesheets.

I am personally not a big supporter of elimination of country quota. Don’t get me wrong. I fully share and understand the endless pain is being gone through by EB3 Indians/Chinese community. Increasing # of EB visa will ease some of their pain.

For an example there are 1000 IT processionals from India wants to come to US with H1/L1/B1. There are ample companies (say 50) owned by Indian and those 1000 IT professionals have enough opportunities to come to US.
On the other hand, for an example, from Ukraine, there are 100 IT professionals are trying to migrate to US with H1/L1/B1 but there are few to none companies (say 1 ) owned by Ukrainians and those 100 IT professionals have few to none opportunity to come to US.
My point is, there are more IT Indians in US do not validate removal of country quota.
Others should get a fair chance – NO MONOPOLY is desirable.

Also New Jersey has too may Indians living, may be one day, there can be revolution, and they might ask for a separate country. I am kidding here.

I agree 100%
The 1 Ukranian IT guy must have waited longer back home till he found a chance to come, so it is fair that he gets a chance to catch up when he arrives here.
I sympathize though with non-IT retrogressed people, there isn't such a monopoly outside IT, so them getting delayed because of the presense of large number of IT people from their country may not be fair.. Then again what's fair about indian born in india being retrogressed while indian born in kuwait is not.. We all acceped to start applications within certain rules, saying "not fair" and adjusting the rules at others' expense should only apply to future applications.

doxa
06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
The bottomline is that for every 10 immigrants, there will be 5 or more from India and China.

doxa
06-27-2008, 06:53 PM
This is an extremely bad bill.With India dominating not only the H1 visa quota and EB green cards applications but also body shops and ďconsultingĒ companies; eliminating the per country quota would massively and unfairly flood America with workers from India

Many defenders of the bill used flawed socio-economic reasons to justify their *shameful and selfish agenda. Unused visa for ROW (Other countries) is NOT because there are not enough skilled workers from other countries but because the uscis/dhs use the quota to conservatively hence at the end of the visa year there are still many quotas left. ROW priority date has never been current for a very long time

Would you prefer to work with 7 immigrants from India and OR 2 from India, 1 from Germany, 1 from Zimbabwe, 1 from Argentina, 1 from Slovakia and 1 from Burma? The bill will not only hurt professional immigrants from other countries but also will hurt diversity, the core and sacred believe of American people

paskal
06-27-2008, 07:53 PM
The good thing is eliminating the country quota is always lumped with doubling the total quota and/or recapturing previous years waste, so hopefully the affect evens itself out.. Eliminating the coutry qouta by itself is a disaster.

the elimination of country quotas alone only redistributes pain...where our goal is to end everyone's pain. we asked for all the measures on our agenda and we support the whole package together. we want a better immigration system for everyone.

bharol
06-27-2008, 09:03 PM
This is an extremely bad bill.With India dominating not only the H1 visa quota and EB green cards applications but also body shops and ďconsultingĒ companies; eliminating the per country quota would massively and unfairly flood America with workers from India

Many defenders of the bill used flawed socio-economic reasons to justify their *shameful and selfish agenda. Unused visa for ROW (Other countries) is NOT because there are not enough skilled workers from other countries but because the uscis/dhs use the quota to conservatively hence at the end of the visa year there are still many quotas left. ROW priority date has never been current for a very long time

Would you prefer to work with 7 immigrants from India and OR 2 from India, 1 from Germany, 1 from Zimbabwe, 1 from Argentina, 1 from Slovakia and 1 from Burma? The bill will not only hurt professional immigrants from other countries but also will hurt diversity, the core and sacred believe of American people

What a lame logic.
How does it matter from which country is the doctor/engineer/scientist is coming from
and with whom I am working.
Your commment sounds like coming directly from numbersusa or Lou dobbs.

bharol
06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
The bottomline is that for every 10 immigrants, there will be 5 or more from India and China.

So?
What is your point?

doxa
06-28-2008, 07:59 AM
So?
What is your point?

I donít buy the argument that only India and China produce the brightest people who are willing to work here in U.S. There are just as many people from Europe and the rest of the world who are just as qualified and who would want to work in the U.S. The problem starts with the H1-B visas, where most of them are taken by these Indian IT consulting companies. Correct me if Iím wrong, but I donít think these IT companies hire non-Indian workers. There are many qualified people from the rest of the world who are willing to work here in U.S, but canít because the majority of the H1-B visas is going to Indians and Chinese nationals. Perhaps, there should be a per-country quota at the H1-B level. I donít think there is anything wrong with the current country quota; if some countries donít use their quotas then these quotas roll into the countries that have higher demand.

Legal
06-28-2008, 09:09 AM
It looks like EAD-AP single document is still being delayed.....

http://www.immigration-law.com/

06/27/2008: USCIS Update From Vancouver: Single EAD-AP Document Plan

This plan is still in place but the USCIS is pushed ahead EAD related programs step-by-step. The USCIS has already launched two-year valid EAD. However, unlike EAD, in the reform of Advance Parole program, the USCBP is also involved since they will have to perform inspection function for the admission of the aliens. Accordingly, the USCIS has been working closely with the USCBP to work out the final plan. Once such coordination is completed, the USCIS intends to launch the single EAD document that can also be used as an Advance Parole travel document. It may take a little bit of time, but it is also a good news that the USCIS will launch this program in the future.

tawlibann
06-28-2008, 12:28 PM
I donít buy the argument that only India and China produce the brightest people who are willing to work here in U.S. There are just as many people from Europe and the rest of the world who are just as qualified and who would want to work in the U.S. The problem starts with the H1-B visas, where most of them are taken by these Indian IT consulting companies. Correct me if Iím wrong, but I donít think these IT companies hire non-Indian workers. There are many qualified people from the rest of the world who are willing to work here in U.S, but canít because the majority of the H1-B visas is going to Indians and Chinese nationals. Perhaps, there should be a per-country quota at the H1-B level. I donít think there is anything wrong with the current country quota; if some countries donít use their quotas then these quotas roll into the countries that have higher demand.

I second that. As long as there is widespread abuse -- large numbers of Indian body-shops and consulting companies that import people by the thousands -- and as long as that skews the numbers, there should also be checks and balances -- per-country limits. Per-country limits and diversity argument are a good way to restore the balance and offset for the abuse.

I'm really tired of hearing people saying that diversity is for FB or for DV visa. What make FB immigration a better candidate for diversity?!? Absolutely nothing. The law provides for diversity in ALL immigration categories -- EB, FB, DV, etc., and there is nothing discriminatory about it. The discrimination comes from companies that abuse the system, import thousands of consulting workers with 3-year degrees who don't really have jobs but sit on the bench for 8-10 months at a time (something that's explicitly disallowed by H-1B law), and then apply for I-140/I-485 going through an unending sequence of RFE's, NOIDs, MTR's, etc. and slowing the system to a crawl. Now these people want the whole world to suffer with them by "distributing" the pain. Why?

If somebody takes care of this abuse, the remaining really qualified Indian/Chinese workers who really deserve to be here will find that they won't need a separate category because there won't be any severe backlogs for their countries.