PDA

View Full Version : changing job on ead?

peer123
03-19-2008, 04:21 AM
has any one changed job on ead?

can you do contracting?

chanduv23
03-19-2008, 07:43 AM
has any one changed job on ead?

can you do contracting?

Yes, you can, the vendor whose w2 u r on, will have to support ur GC petition in case of query.

I am trying to keep h1b as much as possible, but may use EAD as jobs are challenging in this market

Munshi75
03-19-2008, 08:14 AM
I switched to EAD few days back . We spoke to different legal experts, which gave us a deeper view of this whole issue . But finally it all came down to two very important things : an approved I-140 and same or similar job duties.

clif
03-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Munshi75,
Please check your PM. I need some urgent advise regarding EAD use.
Thank you.

skark
03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
After one changes job and works on EAD, when it is time for renewal and we have to send our existing EAD card along with I765 application, what will happen if we dont get our renewal EAD card in time before the expiry of the old EAD? Also since it looks like the processing times for EAD renewal is couple months, what are the risks of being without an EAD card on you?

I put these questions on several threads with no replies....I'm sure this is a concern for people applying for paper renewal application (not online). Does anybody know or has experienced this kind of situation?

virald
03-19-2008, 11:45 AM
After one changes job and works on EAD, when it is time for renewal and we have to send our existing EAD card along with I765 application, what will happen if we dont get our renewal EAD card in time before the expiry of the old EAD? Also since it looks like the processing times for EAD renewal is couple months, what are the risks of being without an EAD card on you?

I put these questions on several threads with no replies....I'm sure this is a concern for people applying for paper renewal application (not online). Does anybody know or has experienced this kind of situation?

You can apply for EAD renewal starting 120 days before the expiry date. That should be enough time to get renewal back.

zoooom
03-19-2008, 01:20 PM
I switched jobs using my EAD recently...I have my I140 approved and job duties are similar.

for_gc
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
I switched jobs using my EAD recently...I have my I140 approved and job duties are similar.

What were your job duties on LC and what are they now on your current job.

I think we should start sharing that info on this forum so that people can make a judgement as to when the job duties are similar.

My LC has job duties for a Project Manager/ Lead wherein I am required to co-ordinate activities of software engineers. Also, outline steps for different phases of development like analysis, design, develop, test etc. It also mentions that I report to a Sr. Manager. Does who you report to matter ?

I wonder what type of jobs I can change into safely ?

Munshi75
03-19-2008, 02:09 PM
You would still maintain the status , as pending AOS but will have to stop working. With most of the cases the renewal happens with in the stipulated time. But I agree a situation where in there could be a delay.
These are some of the issues we all have to come together and address.

Thanks