2. Fight in Iraq

Anymore ideas....

PD_Dec2002
03-21-2008, 12:08 PM
1. Marry US citizen
2. Fight in Iraq

Anymore ideas....

If Single...
1. Work for DOS so you approve your own PERM Labor. Then make your PD current in the Visa Bulletin and apply concurrently for I-140 and I-485. Then switch over to USCIS and discretely approve your own I-140 and I-485.

If Married...
1. You work for DOS, your spouse works for USCIS.

Thanks,
Jayant

venram
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Does DOS, USCIS sponsor H1B? :-)

If Single...
1. Work for DOS so you approve your own PERM Labor. Then make your PD current in the Visa Bulletin and apply concurrently for I-140 and I-485. Then switch over to USCIS and discretely approve your own I-140 and I-485.

If Married...
1. You work for DOS, your spouse works for USCIS.

Thanks,
Jayant

Circus123
03-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Well better luck next time .. Try for the ROW countries in your re-incarnation and karma...

PD_Dec2002
03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Well better luck next time .. Try for the ROW countries in your re-incarnation and karma...

If I could decide where I can be reincarnated, then instead of a ROW country, I would choose USA. I am not picky about a GC...even a US citizenship will do! :D

Regards,
Jayant

sapota
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
& get US GC in the investor category. But at that point, you are better off moving your money to a tax haven island like cayman island etc.

Lasantha
03-21-2008, 12:22 PM
:D

If I could decide where I can be reincarnated, then instead of a ROW country, I would choose USA. I am not picky about a GC...even a US citizenship will do! :D

Regards,
Jayant

Circus123
03-21-2008, 12:23 PM

Regards,
Jayant

Well I assumed that the re-incarnated entry ( like in the movie Om Shanti Om) would be everywhere except USA since we were talking of a green card and not the US citizenship

gc_lover
03-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Try to take birth on US soil

eb3_nepa
03-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Here's a more practical solution.

Each of you 30,000 members contribute $100 EACH. 30,000*100 = $3million. Thats the power of contributions. Then we have our OWN lobby strength and actually might be able to get that GC in a year.

No need for reincarnations, no need for fairytale wishes. No need to work for the USCIS/DOS etc, no need to marry a citizen or even worse fight in IRAQ.

This one is ACTUALLY do-able;)

fromnaija
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
1. Work for DOS so you approve your own PERM Labor.

The only problem here is DOS does not approve PERM LC. That is for DOL, Department of Labor.

greencard_fever
03-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Dudes why you all looking for wrong options and showing your desprateness for Green Card on this Great IV...Think in the way we use to think here like Flower campaign or Organizing some thing like rallying to show our frustation (i know is was not the success last time in DC)...or think to get the eligilibity to file under EB1 by doing research work or Phd's if you are in desparate need of GC..I think Admin Should look at this Thread and delete it.

ajju
03-21-2008, 01:21 PM

just get born here in US... Well you won't get any GC.. but Citizenship is not bad either :-)

kumar1
03-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Make a procedural change, ask immigration officer at port of entry to give Green Card instead of I-94

bobzibub
03-21-2008, 01:48 PM
To paraphrase, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? If the US already gets the services of highly skilled immigrants from around the world, and doesn't have any intention of supplying the economic freedom, well, why should they exactly?

Answer: They (pdf warning)*need* (http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/06/07/Kotlikoff.pdf) us more than we need them.

They have to be told in clear and certain terms that they are not the only (http://www.hireimmigrants.ca/index.php) game in town. (I saw one of their commercials on Canuck TV --CBC prime time-- and couldn't believe it. What a difference!) I'm not saying that Canada is the only game in town, I'm just saying that somehow we have to make it clear to the US that there are greener pastures out there. While we do not hold green cards, we hold more cards than we think. But we have realize our power and incentivize them to make the change. They won't make the change from the goodness of their hearts. They'll change if we threaten to use our economic power.

PD_Dec2002
03-21-2008, 02:17 PM
I am aware this GC backlog has made us all disillusioned and embittered, but I am sure we can still manage to crack a joke and smile. After all, it's a Friday. If you have nothing funny to add, no problem. Just read the entire thread....some of the suggestions should crack you up and jumpstart your weekend!

Have a good one, everyone. ;)

Cheers,
Jayant

vinabath
03-21-2008, 02:21 PM
To paraphrase, why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? If the US already gets the services of highly skilled immigrants from around the world, and doesn't have any intention of supplying the economic freedom, well, why should they exactly?

Answer: They (pdf warning)*need* (http://research.stlouisfed.org/publications/review/06/07/Kotlikoff.pdf) us more than we need them.

They have to be told in clear and certain terms that they are not the only (http://www.hireimmigrants.ca/index.php) game in town. (I saw one of their commercials on Canuck TV --CBC prime time-- and couldn't believe it. What a difference!) I'm not saying that Canada is the only game in town, I'm just saying that somehow we have to make it clear to the US that there are greener pastures out there. While we do not hold green cards, we hold more cards than we think. But we have realize our power and incentivize them to make the change. They won't make the change from the goodness of their hearts. They'll change if we threaten to use our economic power.

Quite an interesting perspective..... but how do we do what you are asking for.... can you step by step approach.... we follow laws here.

vinabath
03-21-2008, 02:22 PM
I am aware this GC backlog has made us all disillusioned and embittered, but I am sure we can still manage to crack a joke and smile. After all, it's a Friday. If you have nothing funny to add, no problem. Just read the entire thread....some of the suggestions should crack you up and jumpstart your weekend!

Have a good one, everyone. ;)

Cheers,
Jayant

You are just Jealous that Naysayers are SMART people....

I HATE YOU!!!!!!

hopefulgc
03-21-2008, 02:26 PM
now we 've come a full circle :)

Does DOS, USCIS sponsor H1B? :-)

PD_Dec2002
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
You are just Jealous that Naysayers are SMART people....

I HATE YOU!!!!!!

What? What did I do? Didn't you start the thread?

Regards,
Jayant

vinabath
03-21-2008, 02:28 PM
What? What did I do? Didn't you start the thread?

Regards,
Jayant

Now act like you are Super Smart. You know it.

PD_Dec2002
03-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Now act like you are Super Smart. You know it.

I swear I have no idea what you are talking about. I really thought this was a funny thread and hence I contributed some funny suggestions. And then when people started yelling at us for being desperate, etc. I just asked them to treat this thread lightly.

I really have no clue about what I did wrong. Seriously, what ruffled your feathers?

Regards,
Jayant

hopefulgc
03-21-2008, 02:31 PM
totally dude!
if someone was to start a poll here asking people to choose between:
1) green card
2) us citizenship

i can bet that most people here (including me) will choose 1)
why: The moment they see "green card", they will waste no time and choose it without reading any further....kinda like they are grabbing a priority datetimestamp.

Well I assumed that the re-incarnated entry ( like in the movie Om Shanti Om) would be everywhere except USA since we were talking of a green card and not the US citizenship

hopefulgc
03-21-2008, 02:35 PM
nope that doesn't work.. i tried it.. when I visited India last year... i carried just one bag filled with US soil. Then when our pregnant dog was ready to pop, we spread out the soil in our yard and out came these puppies on "US soil".

but till date USCIS refuses to accept these puppies as US citizens

Try to take birth on US soil

hopefulgc
03-21-2008, 02:37 PM
POST OF THE YEAR!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Make a procedural change, ask immigration officer at port of entry to give Green Card instead of I-94

hopefulgc
03-21-2008, 02:39 PM
i have a few cows back in india.... if i bring them here and start giving out milk for free .. will i get a GC :D:D:D

vinabath
03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
I swear I have no idea what you are talking about.

Regards,
Jayant

See now GOD will never forgive you........

Circus123
03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Hey guys ,
On a serious note, I think we should change the concept of green to more blue ..... Blue signifies open skies ..... more freedom ....
Green signifies swamp .... gutter that's where we r heading

vinabath
03-21-2008, 02:42 PM
nope that doesn't work.. i tried it.. when I visited India last year... i carried just one bag filled with US soil. Then when our pregnant dog was ready to pop, we spread out the soil in our yard and out came these puppies on "US soil".

but till date USCIS refuses to accept these puppies as US citizens

Our dogs did not have any problems..... did you go to the right Veternary Attorney??

vinabath
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey guys ,
On a serious note, I think we should change the concept of green to more blue ..... Blue signifies open skies ..... more freedom ....
Green signifies swamp .... gutter that's where we r heading

Go COLTS!!!!!!

PD_Dec2002
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
See now GOD will never forgive you........

Wow! If you are going to brand me as guilty, at least have the decency to explain to me what I did wrong. You know what, on second thoughts I don't care. I was trying to be patient and nice so I could apologize to you if I had unintentionally offended you.

Remember, you can never be so smart as to get into someone's head and interpret their thoughts. That's what you are currently doing.

Anyway, I have no interest in being on this thread. I hope you make peace with your issues.

Regards,
Jayant

P.S.: Best wishes for answering your RFE. I am sure it will be resolved and you will get your GC soon.

gc2
03-21-2008, 02:57 PM
if you are single indian, you can use your spouse country of birth for PD to get a GC sooner. You can marry a citizen of rest of the world countries.

GCard_Dream
03-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Some of you guys keep bringing up the notion that some how being part of the ROW is an easy pass to GC. While that may be true for EB1 and EB2 folks it is certainly not true for EB3 folks. I think ROW EB3 folks have done a fare share of waiting in the GC line. I know that the situation for folks from India in particular is very difficult but it doesn't mean that everyone from ROW is getting an easy GC ride. ROW EB3 PD was back in 2002 until few months ago so no free lunches there.

vinabath
03-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow! If you are going to brand me as guilty, at least have the decency to explain to me what I did wrong. You know what, on second thoughts I don't care. I was trying to be patient and nice so I could apologize to you if I had unintentionally offended you.

Remember, you can never be so smart as to get into someone's head and interpret their thoughts. That's what you are currently doing.

Anyway, I have no interest in being on this thread. I hope you make peace with your issues.

Regards,
Jayant

P.S.: Best wishes for answering your RFE. I am sure it will be resolved and you will get your GC soon.

Now you want me to tell you what you did wrong?

I would have told you what you did wrong but as you had second thoughts and you dont care... It doesnt matter.... because you are not going to apologize.

I really dont care whether you hang on to this thread or not because... you dont care......

P.S.: Best wishes with your GC process too. I hope you change your ways and dont hurt nice, simple, handsome, humble people like me.

gcsim
03-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Vinabath and PD_Dec2002 are having lot of fun...pretending to be fighting.Waiting for other ppl to pick up the heat.

vinabath
03-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Vinabath and PD_Dec2002 are having lot of fun...pretending to be fighting.Waiting for other ppl to pick up the heat.

I wish I could think like you. God bless you brother. :cool:

razis123
03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I think its easier to become president of US than to get a GC..but does the white house sponsor h1's .The other option of reincarnation isnt bad coz by the time we are born again i hope the PD's would be atleast 2008..just need to find out if the PD's can be ported to the next life...ha..nice its a weekend now

vinabath
03-21-2008, 04:21 PM
I think its easier to become president of US than to get a GC..but does the white house sponsor h1's .The other option of reincarnation isnt bad coz by the time we are born again i hope the PD's would be atleast 2008..just need to find out if the PD's can be ported to the next life...ha..nice its a weekend now

what is your PD? I can definitely tell a time when you going to get your GC.

raj2007
03-21-2008, 04:22 PM
if you are single indian, you can use your spouse country of birth for PD to get a GC sooner. You can marry a citizen of rest of the world countries.

That's the best option:)

vinabath
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
That's the best option:)

Being a citizen of ROW doesnt mean they are born there.

gcsim
03-21-2008, 04:44 PM
who knows by the time we r born again(in US) there will be fight to get green card for India....and again we will be stuck in the line for ever ......praying to be reincarnated in India

belmontboy
03-21-2008, 04:51 PM
find Bin Laden and hand him over to Bush and u can become a citizen instantly!:D

gcsim
03-21-2008, 04:55 PM
for that we will have to join army.....and by joining army we will get gc:-)

boreal
03-21-2008, 04:56 PM
1. Marry US citizen
2. Fight in Iraq

Anymore ideas....

Become very good in any of the three sports (football, basketball or baseball) and enjoy the absolute attention you receive from the various professional teams that would offer you GC and much more............

boreal
03-21-2008, 04:58 PM

Fantastic and absolutely hilarious!!!! (Can we request this Admin change? Is it too late to edit the letters we sent to WH?) :-)

GCard_Dream
03-21-2008, 05:06 PM
While it may not be an option for lot of us here, winning the diversity lottery is the fastest way to get a GC in US. DV2009 results are supposed to be out in next few weeks. Good luck to those who have applied.

On a lighter note, I wish banks would issue green card as easily as they issue credit cards. We would all have multiple green cards with different benefits; for example you would get your citizenship in 3 years if you get your GC from American Express.

raj2007
03-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Being a citizen of ROW doesnt mean they are born there.

It means that you can use ROW PD.

grupak
03-21-2008, 05:42 PM
It means that you can use ROW PD.

No, I think country of birth not citizenship determines PD.

gjoe
03-21-2008, 10:14 PM
If we can get together and start a company which would one day be like todays google or Microsoft that would prove something about us as a community.(high skilled)

Here's a more practical solution.

Each of you 30,000 members contribute $100 EACH. 30,000*100 = $3million. Thats the power of contributions. Then we have our OWN lobby strength and actually might be able to get that GC in a year.

No need for reincarnations, no need for fairytale wishes. No need to work for the USCIS/DOS etc, no need to marry a citizen or even worse fight in IRAQ.

This one is ACTUALLY do-able;)

BharatPremi
03-21-2008, 11:48 PM
This USCIS employee gives desparate ones a new and horrible kind of tip.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18077

sharathmsc
03-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Hello guys,
Need some advice on my issue.

I have my H1B valid still 2009 march and my company also applied GC for me.
My priority date is Nov, 2006 and last year I applied for I-485 and I got my EAD, AP except my GC.
I haven't used my EAD and am still on my H1B. I was single all this time and getting married this August.

So far so good, now I want to take a full time, with same role, pay and designation. But I have the following questions.

1) I cannot get onto EAD until I bring my spouse to USA (as I cannot add dependent on EAD and if I can also it's gonna take long time)
so I have to be on H1B so that I can get her on H4. So I have to do a H1 transfer from my old company to New company. Am I right?
2) If I do a H1B transfer at this point, Can I request my old company to keep my GC processing open until it's processed. And once it's
processed, Can I take it?
3) To add a dependent on EAD, do I need to wait until the dates are current. I heard mixed responses few say Yes and few say No.
4) How long it's gonna take for I-485 AOS applications in last year window to be processed.

Please advice, Greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sharath.

inspectorfox
03-23-2008, 04:38 AM
Path to US Citizenship for married people...

Step 1>>> Divorce present spouse
Step 2>>> Marry a US citizen to get probationary GC immediately
Step 3>>> Repeat Step 1 after 2 years of getting GC
Step 4>>> Become US Citizen