PDA

View Full Version : EB based immigration awareness using Facebook

goel_ar
12-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I know IV has always targeted EB backlog awareness via lobbying to lawmakers.
Have we tried to educate the actual voters regarding legal immigration. I believe all of us are facebook members & each one of them many voters in their friends list & network is vast.

During debate of Dream Acts, when everyone is reading about illegal immigration - we should do an electronic campaign via facebook to tell why - Visa recapture is more important Dream Act; suffering of legals ; how legals are better investment for US economy than illegals....

There are more chances that your friends will read the post backed by you instead of some anonymous spam email. Plus it is all electronic, no resources wasted, you are posting on your walls - so you are not spamming anyone..

Has IV core thought of this kind of campaign? I feel it will generate awareness about legal immigration at grass root level.

Just my $0.02.

-AG

LONGGCQUE
12-11-2010, 10:28 AM
There is an action item for 485 filing, as part of that we are working on that thought process of how to utilise facebook. get involved there by contacting ashwin, nmdial, snathan or starsun.

h1-b forever
12-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I know IV has always targeted EB backlog awareness via lobbying to lawmakers.
Have we tried to educate the actual voters regarding legal immigration. I believe all of us are facebook members & each one of them many voters in their friends list & network is vast.

During debate of Dream Acts, when everyone is reading about illegal immigration - we should do an electronic campaign via facebook to tell why - Visa recapture is more important Dream Act; suffering of legals ; how legals are better investment for US economy than illegals....

There are more chances that your friends will read the post backed by you instead of some anonymous spam email. Plus it is all electronic, no resources wasted, you are posting on your walls - so you are not spamming anyone..

Has IV core thought of this kind of campaign? I feel it will generate awareness about legal immigration at grass root level.

Just my $0.02.

-AG

Agree with your idea about IV members using facebook/twitter to let family and friends know of the problems faced by immigrants - it is likely to get some supporters from it.
However, I would refrain from making a case against dream act. As many american polls say, majority of americans do support the dream act. And the attitude of my suffering is greater than yours (whether it is true or not) has never worked to benefit the sufferer. Let's make a case based on our standing alone.

sioux
01-03-2011, 08:31 AM
is the IV facebook campaign on?

sage2006
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
One of the members has created a Facebook page after receiving feedback. link will be shared shortly.