PDA

View Full Version : Good News and My personal appeal to all.

CCC
03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
Hello,
Six years after initiating our green card process, I am happy to say that my wife and I have just received our green cards in hand. I have relied on ImmigrationVoice forums to get valuable information about policy changes, ask questions and I have also contributed several times (albeit modestly) to ImmigrationVoice. I remember the days when there used to be appeals made by the Core team asking members to contribute and I used to feel frustrated that I could do no more (at least financially). Granted I should have done more, but I have always felt as a community we all could have and should have contributed more to this grassroot effort. I hope to start/trigger a new fund raising event today by contributing again. Folks I have no reason to do contribute, but I feel I am reaping the rewards of some of the work done by IV. I hope to nudge some of you to re-evaluate your stance on contributing. Think about it, is it that hard to part with $50 or $100?

For everybody who has contribute time, money and effort to ImmigrationVoice; Kudoís and Thankyou. I have listed my previous payments to ImmigrationVoice (including todayís payment) to convince the nay sayers :). I can give you exact Paypal transaction idís also (PM me if you need more evidence :))

Mar. 31, 2008 Payment To Immigration Voice Completed Details -$100.00 USD
Apr. 7, 2006 Payment To Immigration Voice Completed Details -$200.00 USD
Mar. 17, 2006 Payment To Immigration Voice Completed Details -$100.00 USD
Mar. 8, 2006 Payment To Immigration Voice Completed Details -$100.00 USD

PS- Its not my intent to be condescending or to offend anybody by this post. So if you feel so, then I canít help it.. Sorry.

Thank you IV team and Good Luck to ya all..

Circus123
03-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Good luck to you and your family :)

What was your PD date ? ALso when was your labor approved? When was your 485 applied? Some details would help us guage the timelines involved.

Again really happy for this good news.

natrajs
03-31-2008, 06:42 PM
Hello,
Six years after initiating our green card process, I am happy to say that my wife and I have just received our green cards in hand. I have relied on ImmigrationVoice forums to get valuable information about policy changes, ask questions and I have also contributed several times (albeit modestly) to ImmigrationVoice. I remember the days when there used to be appeals made by the Core team asking members to contribute and I used to feel frustrated that I could do no more (at least financially). Granted I should have done more, but I have always felt as a community we all could have and should have contributed more to this grassroot effort. I hope to start/trigger a new fund raising event today by contributing again. Folks I have no reason to do contribute, but I feel I am reaping the rewards of some of the work done by IV. I hope to nudge some of you to re-evaluate your stance on contributing. Think about it, is it that hard to part with $50 or $100?

For everybody who has contribute time, money and effort to ImmigrationVoice; Kudoís and Thankyou. I have listed my previous payments to ImmigrationVoice (including todayís payment) to convince the nay sayers :). I can give you exact Paypal transaction idís also (PM me if you need more evidence :))

PS- Its not my intent to be condescending or to offend anybody by this post. So if you feel so, then I canít help it.. Sorry.

Congrats and Best Wishes

illusions
03-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats !!! enjoy all your new previlages.

CCC
03-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Congrats! Can you tell us how did you go about using cross chargeability?

I am not sure about exactly what you mean "how did we go about using cross chargeablility", but basically since my wife was born in Germany we were able to leverage this rule. We gave our lawyers a copy of her birth certificate (in german) and an official notarized English translation of the birth certificate. They in turn added a document (cover letter perhaps?) that indicated to USICS that we were filing under Germany. I don't believe there was any specific documentation in the 485 application that denoted whether we were using cross chargability. Your lawyers need to provide a cover letter as i understand it.

gsc999
03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello,

----
Thank you for sharing your story. It is very encouraging.
You didn't have to do this but still did, shows your dedication to IV. We should learn from you.

desidude
03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Congrats and enjoy the new privileges...

Hello,

langagadu
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Crap I should find somebody around.

maverick_joe
03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
I am not sure about exactly what you mean "how did we go about using cross chargeablility", but basically since my wife was born in Germany we were able to leverage this rule. We gave our lawyers a copy of her birth certificate (in german) and an official notarized English translation of the birth certificate. They in turn added a document (cover letter perhaps?) that indicated to USICS that we were filing under Germany. I don't believe there was any specific documentation in the 485 application that denoted whether we were using cross chargability. Your lawyers need to provide a cover letter as i understand it.

was the coversheet used at the time of filing the 485 or later on?

meridiani.planum
03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Crap I should find somebody around.

yeah but "what is your country of chargeability" is not a very good pickup line in a bar...

paskal
03-31-2008, 10:33 PM
yeah but "what is your country of chargeability" is not a very good pickup line in a bar...

that is hilarious!!!

CCC- we are all delighted to her the news!
congratulations...have a good life friend :)

GCforme
03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
:D:D:D

gcsim
04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
CCC- congratulations and best of luck for your life ahead.

pappu
04-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Congrats.

Thanks for your support for IV. Pls try to be active on IV and help others in this journey.

gc_eb2_waiter
04-03-2008, 09:47 AM
What is your Current Country of Chargeability? :D:D

Congratulations!!!

hate_me
04-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Congrats dude, you had blues for 7 years but now enjoy your green :D

Hello,