PDA

View Full Version : You all will get GC, no matter what

Hey Ram GC
04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
A man found the cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress.

It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and could go no further. So the man decided to help the butterfly.

He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened!

In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly. What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If God allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as we could have been. And we could never fly. So have a nice day...and struggle a little!

Trust GOD, You all will Get GC, no matter what
I asked for strength and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for wisdom and God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity and God gave me a brain and brawn to work.
I asked for courage and God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love and God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors and God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted and I received everything I needed.

sanjay
04-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If God allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as we could have been. And we could never fly. So have a nice day...and struggle a little!

Good one.

apahilaj
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
A man found the cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress.

It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and could go no further. So the man decided to help the butterfly.

He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.

The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened!

In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly. What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

It's just missing one line:

I asked for GC and God gave me USCIS to realize it's importance.

Just kidding. I am sure we will all get it - it's just a matter of time.

Thanks for sharing.

webm
04-02-2008, 04:39 PM
You are right..good one!!

hopefulgc
04-02-2008, 04:59 PM
I am not a butterfly.... i am a software researcher.
I don't live in a cocoon.. live in a house.
my body is not filled with fluid ... filled with frustration and disappointment.
my wings are not small.. infact i don't have wings ... yet.
i need GC not to fly ... but to survive and move on.

In the light of above arguments ...can i have my gc now please :)

hopefulgc
04-02-2008, 05:01 PM
btw.. does anyone know if the butterfly already had GC?
maybe it was born on US soil.

You are right..good one!!

webm
04-02-2008, 05:03 PM

The original poster had GC.May be ..:)

eb3_nepa
04-02-2008, 05:05 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Good one!

I asked for GC, God gave me the struggle Without it to realize what life would be like With it.

jonty_11
04-02-2008, 05:06 PM

Thanks for sharing.
struggle is right...

I dont think i would ever know (in so much detail) about the functioning of the US legislative, executive and Judicial branches of Govt had it not been for this mess....

So there is learning along to go with the struggle.

onemorecame
04-02-2008, 05:07 PM

Very Nice .........

kumar1
04-02-2008, 05:11 PM
This butterfly is out of status.....went to Canada without getting Advance Parole.

Springflower
04-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey_Ram_GC,

Thanks for a wonderful message you posted.

I heard it earlier, but enjoyed reading it again.

It's some thing we need to keep in mind when we are troubled
thinking about GC.

------------
$300 so far..

immigrationvoice1
04-02-2008, 05:18 PM

The man (read USCIS) watching the butterfly (GC seekers) surely was born on this soil. And after seeing the condition of the butterfly later, he decided to "go-slow" (by not cutting the cocoon or retrogressing/backlogging us).

We should all be thankful to the man (USCIS) for giving us an opportunity to go through a struggle which will enlighten our lives with so much knowledge (about how things work in this country) and preparing us for even worse times ahead (God forbid, but per Mr. Bernenke today, the economy is probably in recession!)

Thank you for NOT cutting my cocoon.:rolleyes:

thomachan72
04-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Let me now try the opposite with God. I am going to cry out to him to give me USCIS to realize its importance, hopefully he will do the other part by giving me a GC.

Hey Ram GC
04-02-2008, 05:24 PM
See, we all will get GC one day or the other, I do understand, saying is differnt than doing, Even for me too: I spent almost 4 hrs, just looking, reading about Immigration news, one way getting information is right but same time, wasting too much time just for GC. i know the day it has to come, will come, but still.

Hope sustains life man, GC is not that imp. there are other things too.
Look at the message I have posted positively, Just wanted to boost your moral, wanted to give you a positive thought, its just a inspiral and motivational story.

thomachan72
04-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I am not a butterfly.... i am a software researcher.
I don't live in a cocoon.. live in a house.
my body is not filled with fluid ... filled with frustration and disappointment.
my wings are not small.. infact i don't have wings ... yet.
i need GC not to fly ... but to survive and move on.

In the light of above arguments ...can i have my gc now please :)

See thats exactly what your problem is. Go get some bear buddy let the fluid flow into your wings.:D
Again this is all for humor. The first post was indeed quite comforting.

H1bslave
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks for boosting us, however with due respect I would like to disagree.
For butterfly that is the normal (and proper) process of gaining life but its can't be compared to GC process because its broken, it follows no rules no regulation. And for most of us here GC is not stopping us from living life, but are golden years of life are going under-utilized. This is time of life when can do lot more then only working 40hrs week for our GC sponsering employer, and this is the time when we must sow the seed for our future (retirement or whatever) and our kids better future.
I don't see a lot of benefit of getting GC when I am 40, I need GC NOW. It may be only my thinking and others may dis-agree with me.

thanks

Hey Ram GC
04-02-2008, 05:32 PM
no man, beer has too much cal. i can not, if I drink, than my wings will be so heavy and out of control, I will not be able to fly.

johnamit
04-02-2008, 05:50 PM
We all have dream of getting GC, which is worth $1M. If we had that kinda money we can apply and get (investor) GC faster. But obviously we don't have that kinda money so apply in EB. EB is slow, hardly moves, even PD is current still can't guarantee because USCIS runs at speed of generation 1 ford car (100+ years old). So we got 2 options, a)- yell at USCIS with the help of IV and other means (sue them), and still wait and try to do things we are LEGALLY allowed to do, and enjoy life to the best we can.
b)- do nothing, curse our luck all the time, lay low and face the life and still wait for GC.
So what you think:confused:

apb
04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
First of all a very nice post.
Butterfly was a act of nature. We going through the growth inside womb, our mothers delivering us through the pain are all natures law and a "struggle" is warranted for right and correct ending.

But if you add human flaws in our life then that struggle definitely strengthens us but the question is Why this is warranted?

Let us say X gets paid on time and Y has to struggle to get his pay:- Does that mean Y's struggle helped/helping him? was it required for Y to go through this man made laws/flaws to be better?

Why is that there is even a struggle to get GC 1) it is not transparent 2) Nobody is sure how it works 3) Lawyers/employers take advantage and all these leading to a 1/4 (10 years out of 40) of productive life into constant battle with oneself... is it really worth it?

If we fix these flaws/laws then this would not be really a struggle.

I understand this GC is no butterfly issue and the struggle is required. But can a man in authority make it a right decision instead of a convenient one? If he cannot then I protest and that is my struggle. Will it be worth it? That is my struggle. Will there be others benefited because of my action but they will never hold hands with me and walk in this? That will be my struggle. Will I be shown doubts along the way? That would be my struggle. Will I have enough faith to carry on? That will be another struggle........

Hey Ram GC
04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I dont agree with : curse your luck all the time,
Just for one thing ( GC< Though its very imp or we have give it so much importance) we should curse, no, We should appreciate and be thankful to GOD for whatever is given to us.

greencard_fever
04-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Excellent well said..good one..

hopefulgc
04-02-2008, 08:23 PM
LOFL...aawesome

This butterfly is out of status.....went to Canada without getting Advance Parole.

hopefulgc
04-02-2008, 08:27 PM
so should i get a bear as a buddy and have beer and wings to get fluid into my wings.... hmmm.. good one

See thats exactly what your problem is. Go get some bear buddy let the fluid flow into your wings.:D
Again this is all for humor. The first post was indeed quite comforting.

Circus123
04-02-2008, 08:40 PM

This article certainly reflects optimism and is very well written.
However in the case USCIS and my green card of course some changes are as follows:
I asked for Labor Certification and USCIS gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for I-140 and USCIS gave me RFE's to solve.
I asked for I -140 again and USCIS gave me a Visa bulletin and a date to work with.
After half a life I asked for 485 approval , lo and behold my PD did not become current.
FInally I am old and will get my GC soon ( in the next 5 years)

stuckinretro
04-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Rather struggle in country we came from rather than struggling here which is going to go on forever.
We clearly have a choice unlike this butterfly.

You should see how economies in India and China are booming currently.

GCmuddu_H1BVaddu
04-02-2008, 09:12 PM
The man looks like my uncle who came here on Green card (through marriage).He doesn't understand why I am in Desi cocoon (consulting firm).

Dhundhun
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM

LOL...
Best shot in heart. Where GOD goes in rejection cases?

Thanks "Hey Ram GC". It is so thoughtful and humorous. I read thoroughly.

GCA
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM
This article certainly reflects optimism and is very well written.
However in the case USCIS and my green card of course some changes are as follows:
I asked for Labor Certification and USCIS gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for I-140 and USCIS gave me RFE's to solve.
I asked for I -140 again and USCIS gave me a Visa bulletin and a date to work with.
After half a life I asked for 485 approval , lo and behold my PD did not become current.
FInally I am old and will get my GC soon ( in the next 5 years)

It reminds me of a song. The poet writes ' .. its like buying an art work by selling ones eyes'. --- We want GC so we can live with 'peace of mind'. Then we are shedding our 'peace of mind' to get our GC.
I am not saying not to buy the 'art piece'. Just saying not to sell your 'eyes' for it. Goodluck All.

Hassan11
04-03-2008, 03:23 PM
LMAO. very funny :D. thanks Kumar1 for making laugh!!!