PDA

View Full Version : IS EB2 Possible with these options...

PERM12
01-04-2011, 06:54 PM
I have this question(s) and i am not sure if this is a possibility.

BS from India - 3 year Graduation

PGDCA -

10 years of work experiance out of which 5 years with same employer

currently pursuing Masters through distance education graduation expected in summer 2011...

1. I have seen several members post that 3yr BS + Masters from India is only considered as bachelors ... if that is the case will i be eligible for EB2 under Masters?

2. Even the 3ys BS + Masters is considered as Bachelors Will i be able to use the 5 years experiance prior to current employer ?

Thanks for your help

forgerator
01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
If your job doesn't require it, you won't be eligible for EB2 even if you have 50 yr experience and PhD.

Bottom line - your position should require at least Bachelor + 5 yr experience, or a Masters degree irrespective of your qualifications. You can establish that by checking with HR .

PERM12
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I am asking this question since there is an opening in my company which has those job requirements. I do not want to apply and go through the process (of course not to mention the emotional ups and downs) unless it can give me EB2.

forgerator
01-04-2011, 10:31 PM
I am asking this question since there is an opening in my company which has those job requirements. I do not want to apply and go through the process (of course not to mention the emotional ups and downs) unless it can give me EB2.

Yes then it should give you EB2. Although I cannot say anything about the 3 yr Bachelors degree. I heard they give tough time during I-140

i4u
01-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Free Attorney Conference Call (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1836583)

I had a good experience getting my questions clarified, you may want to try it.

andycool
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
I have this question(s) and i am not sure if this is a possibility.

BS from India - 3 year Graduation

PGDCA -

10 years of work experiance out of which 5 years with same employer

currently pursuing Masters through distance education graduation expected in summer 2011...

1. I have seen several members post that 3yr BS + Masters from India is only considered as bachelors ... if that is the case will i be eligible for EB2 under Masters?

2. Even the 3ys BS + Masters is considered as Bachelors Will i be able to use the 5 years experiance prior to current employer ?

Thanks for your help

If you have masters degree from US ...you should be good ..

Thanks

seshadsr
01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
BSc+ Msc or MBA is considered as Bachelor degree and you will have to have 5 years experience after completion of Masters.

Bsc + MCA is considered as Masters. In that case you can use Masters with no experience.

I hope this helps.

spicy_guy
01-05-2011, 05:48 PM
BSc+ Msc or MBA is considered as Bachelor degree and you will have to have 5 years experience after completion of Masters.

<b>Bsc + MCA is considered as Masters. In that case you can use Masters with no experience. </b>

I hope this helps.
Are you sure about this? One of my friends (EB3 I Jan 2005) has B.Sc + MCA. But he is debating if this would work.