PDA

View Full Version : what is cross changeability?

mojo_jojo
04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
my GC holder parents partitioned for my GC almost 7 years ago

Can some kind souls please explain to me what 'cross changeability' is and how it works?

If I am born in Malaysia but I am a singaporean citizen, can I use cross changeability to get my green card faster?

thank you for your time

:confused:

sanjay02
04-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Cross chargebility is applicable when either spouse's country of birth is different from one another. It helps when the visa dates are retrogessed for example right now its for India and China. Suppose you are born in India and your wife is born in Singapore or Australia for example then you can apply for your I-485 in ROW(rest of the world category) and you are not affected by the retrogession.

mojo_jojo
04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Cross chargebility is applicable when either spouse's country of birth is different from one another. It helps when the visa dates are retrogessed for example right now its for India and China. Suppose you are born in India and your wife is born in Singapore or Australia for example then you can apply for your I-485 in ROW(rest of the world category) and you are not affected by the retrogession.

How will cross changability affect me if I am not married?

raysaikat
04-09-2008, 11:51 PM
How will cross changability affect me if I am not married?

It does not.

dealsnet
04-10-2008, 10:43 AM
USCIS will consider the country of birth only. Nothing to do with the present citizenship. In your case you will be charged to Malasia, not singapore. If you are filed under EB2, you are current by recent VB. For family based quota, check recent VB.

Can some kind souls please explain to me what 'cross changeability' is and how it works?

If I am born in Malaysia but I am a singaporean citizen, can I use cross changeability to get my green card faster?

thank you for your time

amitga
04-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Does cross changeability work with differnt PDs also. My 485 was filed in July 07, but my wifes PD is earlier than mide. Can I use her PD to process my applications. Her 485 is curretly filed as dependent.

pappu
04-10-2008, 01:05 PM

thank you for your time

Your Profile has fake details

Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63

IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.

I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.