PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone has insight into what's going on at Texas Service Center?

HereIComeGC
04-10-2008, 02:10 PM
From data it seems like Nebraska is firing at all cylinders and Texas is stuck in 1st gear for EB2 cases. I read Googler's post, while it makes sense it still does not explain why there are so few cases being approved from TSC as compared to NSC.

Any insights into this anomaly?

pappu
04-10-2008, 03:00 PM
From data it seems like Nebraska is firing at all cylinders and Texas is stuck in 1st gear for EB2 cases. I read Googler's post, while it makes sense it still does not explain why there are so few cases being approved from TSC as compared to NSC.

Could you please update your profile

Googler
04-10-2008, 03:05 PM

See my posts in the post-April 2008 and Processing Time excuse threads.

Also, if you look at the chart in this post (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=230738&postcount=4), you'll realize that as a result of DOL backlog+I-40 processing time + retrogression many many many EB-2 India with early PDs were not able to file their 485s till June 2007 when the cutoff dates moved forward. If TSC refuse to process applications with RD before 4/30/07 they won't get to the majority of the early PD EB-2 India.
As shows, Nebraska is processing June 2007 applications, so they are busting ahead.

GCwaitforever
04-10-2008, 03:15 PM
This brings another question. Are there any annual/monthly targets decided per center - like so many EB GC petitions, Family petitions, and Naturalizations, Asylum petitions, adoptions etc ...? If one center is done with prescribed quota, do they move resources to something else?

I understand these are internal workings of USCIS. But they are answerable to Senate Judiacry committee and some one at that level is watching over these folks.

Why did TSC decide to go with only April 30th as RD? Did they have bunch of other applications like seasonal agricultural workers from Mexico? I do not know, because The Great Emilio Gonzalez spends time criticizing magazine articles instead of looking inside for processing efficiencies. It is time, one of the immigrants who has gone through the processing hurdles of USCIS becomes its chief. Emileo does not have any empathy for fellow immigrants. So does Elaine Chao.

purgan
04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
We should write to Zoe Lofgren, Chsair of the House Immigration Subcommittee, and Senator Ted Kennedy....USCIS ought to have some accountability. This is pure discrimination based on chance....you'll get your GC sooner if your aplication goes to NSC and it will languish if it goes to TSC. This is not fair. First you have the country quotas that discriminate based on national origin and then you have service center problems like these..

Anyone up for a phone/fax campaign to LOfgren and Kennedy's office. They are as pro-immigrant as one can get in this ebvironment.
GC waitforever, you wnat to initiate a poll on who wants to speed up case processing at TSC? These folks should at minimum then participate in the phone/fax campaign

HV000
04-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I hope one day CBS 60 Minutes comes up with an episode on what exactly goes on behind the walls of these 'service centers'!!!

HereIComeGC
04-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Googler - Thank you now I realize that TSC thinks they have none or little to process! They are using seperate criteria for TSC vs NSC.

NSC: Select * from EB2 Where PD < Dec 03 Order by PD ASC
Returned 10000 Results

TSC: Select * from EB2 WHere RD < April 2007 Order by RD ASC
Returned 1 Result

Also, if you look at the chart in this post (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=230738&postcount=4), you'll realize that as a result of DOL backlog+I-40 processing time + retrogression many many many EB-2 India with early PDs were not able to file their 485s till June 2007 when the cutoff dates moved forward. If TSC refuse to process applications with RD before 4/30/07 they won't get to the majority of the early PD EB-2 India.
As shows, Nebraska is processing June 2007 applications, so they are busting ahead.

webm
04-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I hope one day CBS 60 Minutes comes up with an episode on what exactly goes on behind the walls of these 'service centers'!!!

Yeh, CBS 60 Minutes episode would be good...they will open eyes atleast..

Googler
04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
We should write to Zoe Lofgren, Chsair of the House Immigration Subcommittee, and Senator Ted Kennedy....USCIS ought to have some accountability. This is pure discrimination based on chance....you'll get your GC sooner if your aplication goes to NSC and it will languish if it goes to TSC. This is not fair.

Purgan, read the 2007 Ombudsmans report for other examples of disparity in processing at different centers.

But again, people are losing sight of the main issue: that you cannot set cutoff dates by PD and use RD as the criterial for processing. Either at TSC or at NSC. That is what the campaign/letters should be about.

Googler
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Googler - Thank you now I realize that TSC thinks they have none or little to process! They are using seperate criteria for TSC vs NSC.

Returned 10000 Results

Returned 1 Result

Even NSC may be using their June 8, 2007 RD criteria, but more loosely. What do you get when you do a search with where RD < June 8, 2007 for NSC?

wellwisher02
04-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Even NSC may be using their June 8, 2007 RD criteria, but more loosely. What do you get when you do a search with where RD < June 8, 2007 for NSC?

---
Just go one step further and run an 'Update' statement, approving all unapproved GCs. :)

god_bless_you
04-10-2008, 04:54 PM

Returned 10000 Results

Returned 1 Result

This may not be correct
My RD is March 2007 and PD is March 2002 INDIA EB2
FBI name check completed in November
and answered Medical RFE in Dec 2007
No update till now

Dipika
04-10-2008, 05:02 PM
answer is fairly simple! open visa bulletine on 17th April. Till that only work, work and work!
The result will not change, not even helps. because it wouln't be approved for all! don't increase BP, heart beat by thinking more about TSC.
Be Relax and let others. 'Ron Gotcher' also gets tired of saying wait and watch CIS movement in next bulletine. This is CIS (like ditectives) can do anything at anytime!

ss_col
04-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I called customer service thrice and each told me that the processing time for I140 was Oct 13th and not Aug15th. Not sure if that is correct as I know many people are waiting for their 140's to be cleared including me and my husband. Can anyone else please reconfirm as I have not seen many post mid-July I140's being cleared.

Contributed $300 via google, sent flowers.

Googler
04-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Looks to me that TSC has 8-12 cylinders but NSC is still the old 4 :) So even if they fire all cylinders they can't go beyond a certain limit of power.

I'm stuck at NSC for 11+ months with a simple 140 and my friends has got around at TSC with in 4-6 months of 140 filing and enjoying AC21. I'm sorry to contradict you but that's what i see around - Let me know !

Diptam this discussion about the connection between the visa bulletin EB-2 India cutoff, 485 processing times and PDs. I-140s sadly are another sorry story. On EB-2 India 485s, NSC is indisputably faster than TSC.

Googler
04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
answer is fairly simple! open visa bulletine on 17th April. Till that only work, work and work!
The result will not change, not even helps. because it wouln't be approved for all! don't increase BP, heart beat by thinking more about TSC.
Be Relax and let others. 'Ron Gotcher' also gets tired of saying wait and watch CIS movement in next bulletine. This is CIS (like ditectives) can do anything at anytime!

Dipika, my friend, what are you doing on the IV forums then? eh? :D

whitecollarslave
04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Purgan, read the 2007 Ombudsmans report for other examples of disparity in processing at different centers.

But again, people are losing sight of the main issue: that you cannot set cutoff dates by PD and use RD as the criterial for processing. Either at TSC or at NSC. That is what the campaign/letters should be about.

Well said. Can this be part of the so called "Phase II" of the campaign?

gconmymind
04-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes, the campaigns and administrative fixes solutions should have processing by PD as a key point. Today, FIFO is only a dream. In reality, the processing order is totally random (within the parameter of RD) because of delays at different centers, huge differences between RD and PD, etc.

When I started the GC process, I always thought the approvals were based on Priority dates. I guess I was wrong...

CantLeaveAmerica
04-10-2008, 07:51 PM

Googler, I believe that was what HereIComeGC's question was partially about. Why is TSC stuck in Apr 30, 2007 whereas NSC has moved to June 2007 at a faster rate?

kshitijnt
04-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Nothing is happenning anywhere. They are just living life off of fees you paid and once in a while they sign a form and stamp approval. Very hard working guys!

gcforever
04-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi guys,

If you want mre data on whats going on, I finally got my welcome notice today. My PD is July 24- 2003 EB2 category.

Good luck for everyone is fighting for GC. Everybody's day will come.

Thanks

HV000
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Hi guys,

If you want mre data on whats going on, I finally got my welcome notice today. My PD is July 24- 2003 EB2 category.

Thanks

Congrats! I guess you filed at TSC??

gccube
04-15-2008, 02:37 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks

BTW, what is your 485 receipt date? Also which service center processed your I-485.

Congratulations once again.

mallu
04-15-2008, 02:57 AM

No insight. It is another nightmare. I have PD 2002 and RD 2006. Similarly there are old timers at TSC waiting, while PD 2003 and RD 2007 'pass out' from NSC with flying colors. The thing is that by the time TSC wakes up the India EB2 numbers might be gone ! I hope i get it within this year.

Dipika
04-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Dipika, my friend, what are you doing on the IV forums then? eh? :D

I gave answer of what's going on behind TSC center. It's useless to think or predict as they will move when they like.

natrajs
04-15-2008, 12:26 PM
No insight. It is another nightmare. I have PD 2002 and RD 2006. Similarly there are old timers at TSC waiting, while PD 2003 and RD 2007 'pass out' from NSC with flying colors. The thing is that by the time TSC wakes up the India EB2 numbers might be gone ! I hope i get it within this year.

I see your frunstration, I hope you will get it soon , I really mean it

natrajs
04-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks

Congrats and Best wishes, It is good to see the old timers getting their GC now

EB2_Jun03_dude
04-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks

gcforever,

Were you TSC ? I do not see any approvals on after April 10th for TSC.

For my case (EB2 India, PD Jun 03, RD Jun 05) I had called TSC on 8th April and the IO said she would refer my case to the supervisor and I should hear something in the next 30 days. No soft/hard LUDs, nothing yet .. This wait is killing me... :(

RNGC
04-16-2008, 12:09 PM

Returned 10000 Results

Returned 1 Result

A picture is worth 1000 words...but a Tsql is worth a Million words.

acepb
04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
...its the H1 processing...I heard that TSC gets loaded with those...which might be why they are shifting focus from all the immigration cases to the non-immigrant cases