PDA

View Full Version : New GC filing - ads

Robert Kumar
01-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Hi,

My brother is working for company X.
They have recently got one labor cert approval. The ads are 3 months old which they used for one employee who is working in exactly his skillset and responsibility.
He is planning to ask the company to do one GC for him in same category.

1. Can they use the same ads for him also.
2. If they can use, then what amount of time will it save for him.
3. What are the different things one has to do, before filing labor like wage determination, with specific employee, and how much time each thing take. Are these tied to any specific employee, or can they be used for others also.
4. Somebody told me if valid ads are there, then it can save him 2-3 months, is it true.

Thank You,
Bobby.

Robert Kumar
01-27-2011, 10:06 AM
^^

Robert Kumar
01-27-2011, 01:00 PM
^^^^

xela
01-27-2011, 01:23 PM
If I were you I would post this question in the lawyers section, they will be able to answer it for you. Sadly my H1B advertising happened years ago, so I really am not sure.

Robert Kumar
01-27-2011, 01:55 PM
If I were you I would post this question in the lawyers section, they will be able to answer it for you. Sadly my H1B advertising happened years ago, so I really am not sure.

Xela,
Thank you for the good advice. I just posted the question in lawyer's section,

Bobby.

808hiflip
01-27-2011, 04:28 PM
robert kumar... just my opinion, i think, 2-3 months of savings from wait times doesnt really matter for the type of visa youre brother is applying, as some of us had submitted our application longtime already and on time & in fashion, and were still waiting. i dont know anything about if you can re-use previous ad from previous employee, but my only opinion is, this is just mine, every person is unique from the other, maybe your brother has the same job description as the other but maybe he is more well experience or advance, if you know where am getting at. so it would be advantageous to prepare a different and unique one tailored for your brother. hope i somewhat gave you some sense.

Robert Kumar
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
robert kumar... just my opinion, i think, 2-3 months of savings from wait times doesnt really matter for the type of visa youre brother is applying, as some of us had submitted our application longtime already and on time & in fashion, and were still waiting. i dont know anything about if you can re-use previous ad from previous employee, but my only opinion is, this is just mine, every person is unique from the other, maybe your brother has the same job description as the other but maybe he is more well experience or advance, if you know where am getting at. so it would be advantageous to prepare a different and unique one tailored for your brother. hope i somewhat gave you some sense.

You have given a good point... thanks.. not to rush and make a mistake... but be careful.. good.