PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is going to happen until after elections

r2i2009
05-14-2008, 05:21 PM
2009------we can see something happening.
Until then Visa Bulleting is our best hope and source
Let us pray.

mariner5555
05-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Let us pray.
do you say the above because of presidential election or because of new quota which will be released in oct.
if the first one is the answer - then nothing will happen even after the elections for atleast 2 years ..

mpadapa
05-14-2008, 05:35 PM
On what basis are you saying this?
If EB folks don't want to do anything for their own benefit, there won't be any hope even after 2009. We will be over shadowed by 12 million folks once 2009 kicks in. Good luck finding a solution then.

We already have 2 bills (HR5882 and HR 5921) in the Judiciary committee, did U call U'r lawmaker and seek support from him/her.

PD's don't move forward based on ppl praying, it moves based on supply and demand. Right now the demand is very high and the supply of visa is very low. We can improve the supply situation if the bills goes through.

Let us pray.

reddymjm
05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Let us pray.

Election year nothing happens on these bills. History and trend says so. Lets see if we can change the History

ca_gc
05-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Didn't the last recapture of visas (AC21) happen in 2000, an election year ? Also H1B law was modified to include 20000 visas for US Masters students during 2004. Actually, history is in our favor.

jchan
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
As far as I know, there is another one for US Educated Advance Degree in STEM. But I don't remember the number of the bill.

On what basis are you saying this?
If EB folks don't want to do anything for their own benefit, there won't be any hope even after 2009. We will be over shadowed by 12 million folks once 2009 kicks in. Good luck finding a solution then.

We already have 2 bills (HR5882 and HR 5921) in the Judiciary committee, did U call U'r lawmaker and seek support from him/her.

PD's don't move forward based on ppl praying, it moves based on supply and demand. Right now the demand is very high and the supply of visa is very low. We can improve the supply situation if the bills goes through.

n77
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
You are so pessimistic..
At least you hope something is gonna happen after the elections..:):)

jchan
05-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Didn't the last recapture of visas (AC21) happen in 2000, an election year ? Also H1B law was modified to include 20000 visas for US Masters students during 2004. Actually, history is in our favor.

I was about the say the same thing. I still remember vividly when the 20k new H1B was made available and the nervous waiting for that to be implemented back then. Whew, can't believe it's been 4 years an I am still stuck in this same old waiting game.

r2i2009
05-15-2008, 05:26 PM
The reason for my saying so....this election is different from others. Very tight race and either party do not want to pass any bill that would negatively affect the results.

Our problem is the least of the problems the country is facing right now.
They would pass bill which would stimuate economy not help EB3 folks(who already have EADs) to get GC and make them sleep easily.

So let us be patient. Even if we get GCs...it is not useful for either parties....because we cannot vote.

Secondly, GOVT would lose EAD renewal, AP revenue etc.

So let us get out the illusion that our bills would be passed....it is not going to help the ailing economy. It might help lawyers to earn some good bucks.

Humhongekamyab
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Let us pray.

If you think nothing is going happen then definitely nothing will happen.

mariner5555
05-15-2008, 05:53 PM
The reason for my saying so....this election is different from others. Very tight race and either party do not want to pass any bill that would negatively affect the results.

They would pass bill which would stimuate economy not help EB3 folks(who already have EADs) to get GC and make them sleep easily.

So let us be patient. Even if we get GCs...it is not useful for either parties....because we cannot vote.

So let us get out the illusion that our bills would be passed....it is not going to help the ailing economy. It might help lawyers to earn some good bucks.
my understanding of the US system is this ..a law passes in 2 scenarios ..one is if there is a great need due to urgent issues (example homeland security etc) and the second one is lobbying ..which takes place behind the scenes
(for e.g. nurse lobbyists, university lobbyists - increase of student OPT, oil companies, home builders, tech lobbyists etc etc)
earlier tech lobby was responsible for passage of most immi bills ..but nowadays they have more flexibility and hence they maynot be supporting much in terms of money. (because they simply outsource or they use company to company transfers).

so the only hope is for a new group of lobbyists to come in the picture and the only one that I can think of is the realtors / home builders etc. (for our benefit)
ofcourse the problem for us is that homebuilders / realtors are lobbying for passage of tax credits for new buyers etc (and hence you can see the speed at which housing bill is cruising) ..now if someone were to make a link between immi and housing ..then who knows something could happen

mpadapa
05-15-2008, 05:54 PM
r2i2009,

Rep Lofgren and other reps (who co-sponsor) have put in lots of effort to get 3 bills (HR 5882, 5921, 6039) that address our issues. They are seasoned veterans and they know what will pass when.
U'r comments are extremely rude to their efforts.
How do U know what will pass or not, are U the adviser to the house speaker?

Please channel your energy towards a time critical action item on the following link
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19113

meridiani.planum
05-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Let us pray.

not to be too blunt, but:
http://gracefulflavor.net/2008/04/29/prayer-death/
prayer is not enough. As they say even God helps only those who help themselves. The July VB re-instatement would not have happened if people had just prayed and done nothing else.

So call representatives during the day:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19113
and pray in the evening.

ngopalak
05-15-2008, 08:12 PM

====
I disagree...

In the United States, anything is possible...even if we don't have votes, this is a society that is run on money. If we are able to raise enough funds, we can cause many things to happen (like support candidate's for elections that are pro-immigration).

Again this is the "Land of the brave"....