PDA

View Full Version : How to prove Project manager is not CIS Manager!

cleopatra
02-07-2011, 11:03 AM
My company applied for PERM as a project manager for me. It got classified as Computer information systems manager and got a very high PW.

My company knows the job I am doing is not CIS manager's job. So they appealed it, but the appeal was denied and DOL insists that it is CISM and the pay should be this high.

I have not come across a single PM making this pay (though I wouldn't object to it if I can get it :) ). This is totally absurd.

How do we prove that PM != CIS Manager and get Project manager certified under EB2 with proper wages?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

krishmunn
02-07-2011, 11:17 AM
How much is the diffference ? If the pay (you are getting) and the required pay is not vastly different (say within 10-12 % range) you should be OK if company can prove their ability to pay.

The GC salary offered need not be paid now, it need to be paid after 485 is approved (which possibly will take years)

cleopatra
02-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the response.

The problem is not with current pay vs future pay. The company has other project managers (US Citizens) and will only pay what others get as PMs. The classification gave a pay that is almost 50% more than what other PMs make.

So the company will not commit/be willing to pay that high wage. Why should they? I know my company pays more than average of what PMs get in the industry. BTW it is not a consulting company and I work directly for the company, not clients.

I think the problem is that any kind of manager in computer/IT industry is classified under Computer information systems manager. While there can be hundreds of classifications that are not CIS managers.

To put things in perspective, the classification is for my boss's boss. But the job done by me and my boss and his boss are totally different.

So my question remains. How do we get classification as Project manager under EB2 with proper wages?

krishmunn
02-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Go to FLCDataCenter.com (http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx) . Plug your state and then select the city . In the job list, select Computer and Information Systems Managers.

You will see Four Wage Levels. as long as your wage (or proferred wage) is at least in Level 2 range, it is easy to sail through EB2.

If it is less than Level 2 wage, change the job to something like Computer System Analyst. The wage level is much lower but you will need a very good attorney to establish it as EB2.

HRPRO
02-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the response.

The problem is not with current pay vs future pay. The company has other project managers (US Citizens) and will only pay what others get as PMs. The classification gave a pay that is almost 50% more than what other PMs make.

So the company will not commit/be willing to pay that high wage. Why should they? I know my company pays more than average of what PMs get in the industry. BTW it is not a consulting company and I work directly for the company, not clients.

I think the problem is that any kind of manager in computer/IT industry is classified under Computer information systems manager. While there can be hundreds of classifications that are not CIS managers.

To put things in perspective, the classification is for my boss's boss. But the job done by me and my boss and his boss are totally different.

So my question remains. How do we get classification as Project manager under EB2 with proper wages?

Make the Job Description sound more generic and remove the CIS terminology as much as possible.

cleopatra
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
We did check that. What we wanted was I.T project manager, but it got classified as CIS Manager.

We cannot change the job from Project manager to Computer systems analysts.

I am going to be promoted as Project manager, so we need to get a PM role.

Is there anyone who got "Project Manager" in EB2 classification?

krishmunn
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
There is no IT Project Manager role in flcdatacenter. There is no harm if your role says Project Manager but the wage data is based on CIS Manager (I have gone through that path). What does the Attorney say ?

cleopatra
02-07-2011, 04:28 PM
That is the problem. There is no such thing in the flcdatacenter, but in onet online, there is a
15-1099.11 - Information Technology Project Managers. This is not present in flcdatacenter.

Here is the problem. So by this token, does it mean that IT Project managers either need to be classified as CIS managers or not get classified at all? This is absurd.

The attorney is not giving out any suggestions on what to do as they already filed, got a high PW and appealed which got denied.

The attorney is suggesting to refile, something I don't think is going to change the outcome.

Any suggestions?

hdblue
03-11-2011, 10:58 PM
That is the problem. There is no such thing in the flcdatacenter, but in onet online, there is a
15-1099.11 - Information Technology Project Managers. This is not present in flcdatacenter.

Here is the problem. So by this token, does it mean that IT Project managers either need to be classified as CIS managers or not get classified at all? This is absurd.

The attorney is not giving out any suggestions on what to do as they already filed, got a high PW and appealed which got denied.

The attorney is suggesting to refile, something I don't think is going to change the outcome.

Any suggestions?

Hi everybody,

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions or use search box or this site.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at: Project manager job description (http://www.humanresources.hrvinet.com/project-manager-job-description)
Best rgs