PDA

View Full Version : why are you with your employer yet?

gc_in_30_yrs
10-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Why do you stick to your employer? Please discuss pros and cons of your companies without naming them, unless it is very odd company and you want to share with fellow consultants/contractors. This is just out of my curiosity.

I stick to my employer for two reasons:

1. My GC is going on and waiting for to file for 485.
2. My payroll runs on time and he does not create problems in paying the wages that was agreed upon when H1 was filed.
3. I am a contractor and I decide what billing rate I want to go with.
4. Even though my employer takes a big cut, he is reliable when it comes to payments and maintaining the account about how much still owe to me etc.

Please share your views on this. This thread is not directly related to Green Card Retrogression, but I started here because is retro causing you to stick to the same employer?

dilbert_cal
10-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Why do you stick to your employer? Please discuss pros and cons of your companies without naming them, unless it is very odd company and you want to share with fellow consultants/contractors. This is just out of my curiosity.

2. My payroll runs on time and he does not create problems in paying the wages that was agreed upon when H1 was filed.
4. Even though my employer takes a big cut, he is reliable when it comes to payments and maintaining the account about how much still owe to me etc.

Please share your views on this. This thread is not directly related to Green Card Retrogression, but I started here because is retro causing you to stick to the same employer?

Your two reasons have actually four reasons ( Pts. 1 , 2, 3, 4 ) - Are you asking other folks to pick two of the four OR asking other folks to pick two out of the four for you :-) ( Kidding )

Btw - I think I saw you posting in another thread about FOIA and didnt think you are happy with your employer - OR maybe too many beers make me believe you are what you arent actually :-)

GCwaitforever
10-09-2006, 11:55 AM

Maybe it would make sense to ask existing GC holders this question.

None of the above four reasons apply to me. I am with my employer because my labor petition which has been current PD for the past two years is stuck in BEC for a long long time. It is hope - like a donkey sees the carrot dangling at the end of ther stick.