PDA

View Full Version : Help: RFE-second photo ID for minor

lprseeker
06-28-2008, 05:14 PM
USCIS sent me an RFE asking to submit a second form of photo ID for my minor son who is 8 years old. Passport is the only form of ID he has. He could not apply for a social security card since he is on a H4 visa. I could not get a state ID without two forms of photo ID, and his school never gave him a photo ID. So I am not sure how to respond. Did anyone face similar situation? Could someone give me an advice on this ?

Do I need to notarize the documents? They just asked for copies and did not asked for notarized copies. Many thanks in advance.

Dhundhun
06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
USCIS sent me an RFE asking to submit a second form of photo ID for my minor son who is 8 years old. Passport is the only form of ID he has. He could not apply for a social security card since he is on a H4 visa. I could not get a state ID without two forms of photo ID, and his school never gave him a photo ID. So I am not sure how to respond. Did anyone face similar situation? Could someone give me an advice on this ?

Do I need to notarize the documents? They just asked for copies and did not asked for notarized copies. Many thanks in advance.

Do you have Child Photo I.D. Program @ local police/sheriff office? They give children a photo ID.

Under special circumstance, can school verify photo of child - a letter to USCIS with photo of child from school, certifying photo and other details.

lprseeker
06-28-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks Dhundhu, I will enquire with the police and see if they could give an ID. I don't know if his school can help as they are having summer vacation. I will find out. Thanks again.

nogc_noproblem
06-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I have used my daughter's passport and the US Visa (in the passport) as 2 photo ids to get the state id. You can definitely try this option with your local secretary of state office.

lprseeker
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Thank you nogc_noproblem. I will contact the local secretary of state office for state ID.

I enquired about the photo ID program with our city police. They don't have it.

kumar1
06-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I used passport and US visa as 2 different forms of ID to get US driver's license in 2000. Sure enough, it was pre-911 time when we used to reach airport 5 minutes before the departure time.