PDA

View Full Version : EFiling EAD Questions

smartboy75
07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi All

Sorry if I am asking a question asked earlier....

I am eFiling EAD for me and and my wife and have the following questions:

1> On the Efiling home page, it says that after you have successfully submitted the application you WILL NOT SEE the form in the drop down. I e-filed I-765 form yesterday for myself and received a receipt number, but the form is still visible in my drop down when I log back in again. I do not see any pending activity for the form I submitted.
Does that mean my form was not submitted ??

2> Can I e-file my wife's EAD too using my own efilling account or does she need to create her own account and apply via that ??

3> My wife is working on EAD and under eligibilty section what do I enter her criteria ?? I think it should be Filed-485 too for her ??

4> If I select Filed-485 i.e (9)(c) as the option for my wife , it asks for whether 485 is filed as family based or Employment based. I think the ans is Employment based but my question is since she is a benificiatory and not primary applicant would Employment based option be correct for her ??

Kindly reply ...

Thanks

sweet23guyin
07-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi All

Sorry if I am asking a question asked earlier....

I am eFiling EAD for me and and my wife and have the following questions:

1> On the Efiling home page, it says that after you have successfully submitted the application you WILL NOT SEE the form in the drop down. I e-filed I-765 form yesterday for myself and received a receipt number, but the form is still visible in my drop down when I log back in again. I do not see any pending activity for the form I submitted.
Does that mean my form was not submitted ??

If you succesfully submited, then you should get a receipt# and check with cusotmer support or from online status to know what exatly happend. Also, open the visible form and see is that a duplicate or the original form you filled for urself.
2> Can I e-file my wife's EAD too using my own efilling account or does she need to create her own account and apply via that ??

YES, u can e-file your spouse on the account u opend for urself.

3> My wife is working on EAD and under eligibilty section what do I enter her criteria ?? I think it should be Filed-485 too for her ??

YES

4> If I select Filed-485 i.e (9)(c) as the option for my wife , it asks for whether 485 is filed as family based or Employment based. I think the ans is Employment based but my question is since she is a benificiatory and not primary applicant would Employment based option be correct for her ??

YES, Employment based

Kindly reply ...

Thanks

Bold reply abou

smartboy75
07-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the reply sweetguy....

Your answer for question 2 got me thinking.....If my form is successfully submitted and if I can also submit my wife's EAD renewal through my account, then the form has to be visible twice....once for me and once for my wife....and if true then that may be the reason why the form is still showing in the drop down....

May be...I am not sure...

smartboy75
07-02-2008, 01:18 PM
^^ bump ^^

sweet23guyin
07-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the reply sweetguy....

Your answer for question 2 got me thinking.....If my form is successfully submitted and if I can also submit my wife's EAD renewal through my account, then the form has to be visible twice....once for me and once for my wife....and if true then that may be the reason why the form is still showing in the drop down....

May be...I am not sure...

Successfully submitted applications are not visible; visibility of form is an indication if your application went through or not.
Even if you open any form from the drop down list, just to see how the form looks will automatically saved in ur account. I assume this is done for lawyer/firms to take their own sweet time to complete the application.
Your wife EAD has nothing to do with visibility of forms....you can start an application all together new either for ur wife or to a friends....a total of 20 applications can be saved in ur account and not necessarily the account owners own forms!

intheyan
07-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I had this same question on the other thread but no answers so I am Posting it again here.:confused:

EAD -- Which Filling Center should I need to apply?
Gurus please clarify.

Here is my scenario: EAD Renewal

I applied I-485, EAD, AP to Nebraska during the July 2nd 2007 because I fall under the state that applies to Nebraska.

But our I-485, EAD, AP was send to Texas Service center and has SRCXXXXXXXXXXX…. Receipt numbers on it

Now my Question is… Where Should I need to E-file the renewal of the EAD, AP to Texas or to Nebraska?
I would greatly appreciate the replies.

Thanks in advance

immi_enthu
07-03-2008, 02:05 AM
I had this same question on the other thread but no answers so I am Posting it again here.:confused:

EAD -- Which Filling Center should I need to apply?
Gurus please clarify.

Here is my scenario: EAD Renewal

I applied I-485, EAD, AP to Nebraska during the July 2nd 2007 because I fall under the state that applies to Nebraska.

But our I-485, EAD, AP was send to Texas Service center and has SRCXXXXXXXXXXX…. Receipt numbers on it

Now my Question is… Where Should I need to E-file the renewal of the EAD, AP to Texas or to Nebraska?
I would greatly appreciate the replies.

Thanks in advance

After you finish submitting the e-file application . the receipt gives you the address to which you need to send the supporting document.

immi_enthu
07-03-2008, 02:09 AM
I did E-File for EAD of my wife just now. I clicked on the finish button on the last page, the receipt notice in pdf did not get generated . So I clicked it again . It got generated this time but a page with payment information repeated twice. Now I am worried that I may be charged the fee ($340) twice. Any Ideas or similar experiences ?

spaceguy
07-03-2008, 08:35 AM
If spouse used AP to enter to US back, what should I answer the following

1. What is the status when entering us

Is it PAR-PAROLEE ?

2.What is the current status

Is it PAR-PAROLEE ?

there is no pending Adjustment of Status in the dropdown list
or is it still H4 , if her H4 has valid date

FrankZulu
07-03-2008, 09:06 AM
If entered using Advance Parole, select "DA:Advance Parole" for Last Entered option

ksircar
07-03-2008, 10:12 AM
What should be the answer to the following questions:

Date of application (for prior employment authorization): Is it the Received Date of the first application?
Eligibility Status (to be selected from drop down list): Filed I-485 ?
Please provide information concerning your eligibility status (a free text box): Should I enter the Received Date and Receipt Number of the I-485 application?

Also, is there any difference (pros and cons) between e-filing and paper filing? Is finger printing required in both?

Thanks in advance for your help.

ksircar
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Bumping

sweet23guyin
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
I did E-File for EAD of my wife just now. I clicked on the finish button on the last page, the receipt notice in pdf did not get generated . So I clicked it again . It got generated this time but a page with payment information repeated twice. Now I am worried that I may be charged the fee ($340) twice. Any Ideas or similar experiences ?

Call customer support immediately. I doubt if they will pay back any extra money.....welcome to USCIS working style!

sweet23guyin
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
What should be the answer to the following questions:

Date of application (for prior employment authorization): Is it the Received Date of the first application?
YES
Eligibility Status (to be selected from drop down list): Filed I-485 ?
YES
Please provide information concerning your eligibility status (a free text box): Should I enter the Received Date and Receipt Number of the I-485 application?
"I485 Pending; A#xxxxxx"

Also, is there any difference (pros and cons) between e-filing and paper filing? Is finger printing required in both?

As you might have see in the same forum, if you have patients to read and understand one single page of explanation of how e-file works you should be good to go with e-file and it is quite easy; every thing is outlined before the start of any form in the e-file process.
I e-filed and i got finger print appointment...it hardly took 5minits well before the appointment date to get it done.
No confusion with paper file too; uscis will let you know what to do after they receive paper application.

Thanks in advance for your help.

see green ans abou..

immi_enthu
07-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Call customer support immediately. I doubt if they will pay back any extra money.....welcome to USCIS working style!

I completed my EAD renewal using E-file this morning (The previous one was my wife's EAD renewal, that I completed yesterday night). Turns out the 'FINISH' button is just to generate the receipt in pdf format. The payment occurred before the web confirmation page showed up. So I am ok. Thanks for respoding though. I only clicked once on 'FINISH' during my renewal and the pdf got generated the first time but it still has two pages (identical) with payment information. This is misleading.

sweet23guyin
07-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I completed my EAD renewal using E-file this morning (The previous one was my wife's EAD renewal, that I completed yesterday night). Turns out the 'FINISH' button is just to generate the receipt in pdf format. The payment occurred before the web confirmation page showed up. So I am ok. Thanks for respoding though. I only clicked once on 'FINISH' during my renewal and the pdf got generated the first time but it still has two pages (identical) with payment information. This is misleading.

My dear friend....
There is nothing misleading....here is what the question is
"Now I am worried that I may be charged the fee ($340) twice. Any Ideas or similar experiences ?"

if and only if they charge twice you will not get your money back No matter what; and that is the reason for a call to customer support.

immi_enthu
07-03-2008, 12:32 PM
My dear friend....
"Now I am worried that I may be charged the fee ($340) twice. Any Ideas or similar experiences ?"

if and only if they charge twice you will not get your money back No matter what; and that is the reason for a call to customer support.

I meant the USCIS including an extra copy of receipt in the pdf is misleading, NOT your response. I appreciate your response.

Actually USCIS mentioned in the pdf generated that they are including an extra copy of 'confirmation receipt' for us to have a copy. Totally my bad. I did not read through it.

spaceguy
07-03-2008, 12:34 PM
My dear friend....

There is nothing mis leading.
It clearly mentioned in NEXt STEPS

Do keep one extra confirmation for your records

immi_enthu
07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
There is nothing mis leading.
It clearly mentioned in NEXt STEPS

Do keep one extra confirmation for your records

you are right. Just that I clicked on the 'FINISH' button twice because the first click did not generate a pdf and next thing I saw was two confirmation receipts. I did NOT read through it ( I did this at 1 AM today) and started getting worried. Sorry for the confusion.

jeet
07-03-2008, 12:57 PM
deleted

ksircar
07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
see green ans abou..

Thanks sweet23guyin, for your quick response.

One more question, what documents did you send? Did you write any covering letter? If so, can you please post the template?

Thanks again.

sweet23guyin
07-03-2008, 03:50 PM

One more question, what documents did you send? Did you write any covering letter? If so, can you please post the template?

Thanks again.

I include a copy of EAD, e-file confirmation page,i485 receipt and state id/DL, though not necessary.

ameryki
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Thanks again.

also once you are done efiling at the end you will get instructions on the next step including doc's required etc.