PDA

View Full Version : Riddle to be solved ... URGENT

nihar
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
:eek:My friend is having an issue ie , last year he filed his H1 but got the approval this year feb and was on student visa till then since their was no response to the query and so he decided to apply for his opt and the same he did in feb and he got his opt approved but the same was applied in feb begining . Now the guy has h1 aproved on feb end and since he was not sure wether it will be approved or not he applied for another h1 in feb begining and the same is in RFE from the employer side , now the question is that on wat visa status is the person on and is it advisable to sign the contract wit the 2nd emploer since the same is still not signed by the 1st emploer . his parents applied for his GC in the month of nov 2006 . now what will u suggest as to what shud he do stick to the 1st one or even if he has signed the 2nd emploer contract can his first emploer still market his resume . wat abtt he opt and gc which is parent based ?

meridiani.planum
07-08-2008, 12:47 AM
:eek:My friend is having an issue ie , last year he filed his H1 but got the approval this year feb and was on student visa till then since their was no response to the query and so he decided to apply for his opt and the same he did in feb and he got his opt approved but the same was applied in feb begining . Now the guy has h1 aproved on feb end and since he was not sure wether it will be approved or not he applied for another h1 in feb begining and the same is in RFE from the employer side , now the question is that on wat visa status is the person on and is it advisable to sign the contract wit the 2nd emploer since the same is still not signed by the 1st emploer . his parents applied for his GC in the month of nov 2006 . now what will u suggest as to what shud he do stick to the 1st one or even if he has signed the 2nd emploer contract can his first emploer still market his resume . wat abtt he opt and gc which is parent based ?

he should get engaged to a US citizen and file a K1 visa. Since he already has an F1, 2 H1s, a 485; pretty much the only petition he has not filed is K1, might as well file that too.

cooler
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
he should get engaged to a US citizen and file a K1 visa. Since he already has an F1, 2 H1s, a 485; pretty much the only petition he has not filed is K1, might as well file that too.

Thats funny. I love this forum..

FinalGC
07-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Tell him to get a lawyer....

nihar
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
I would appreciate if someone can suggest somethng serious and not make a mockery ,,, hope u people get tat the times are not great so people will try thngs appreciate if any1 can give serious inputs

nihar
07-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Like wat ...

Desertfox
07-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Like wat ...

Your friend should definitely consult a lawyer. This sound serious and you dont want to rely upon some opinion from a non-professional.

nihar
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Like wat could be the issue ?? the guy is on bench from 1st employer and 2nd one is having rfe and also the opt is their not to forget the new rule in mind ???

loveiv
07-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Like wat could be the issue ?? the guy is on bench from 1st employer and 2nd one is having rfe and also the opt is their not to forget the new rule in mind ???

If I were you/your friend I'll not waste time in asking forums. I'll consult lawyer right away.

sc3
07-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Is your friend's company legit? If he is on bench (from the time he joined) maybe he does not qualify for H1 in the first place.