PDA

View Full Version : H1b to H4 visa or F1 visa

loku
07-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I am on H1b visa and it is expiring in sep 2009 in 2 months. I need some information incase i dont get a project in mean time. I already got RFE for the extension.
Is it better to convert to H4 visa? How much it costs? and how long it takes to convert? Also do we get any kinds of problems in converting to h4 visa?

Also if we converted to h4 visa, can we easily get f1 visa if we want to study later or can we go back to h1b from h4 visa.? what all things are required.

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!!

loku
07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
please reply ASAP

jsb
07-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I am on H1b visa and it is expiring in sep 2009 in 2 months. I need some information incase i dont get a project in mean time. I already got RFE for the extension.
Is it better to convert to H4 visa? How much it costs? and how long it takes to convert? Also do we get any kinds of problems in converting to h4 visa?

Also if we converted to h4 visa, can we easily get f1 visa if we want to study later or can we go back to h1b from h4 visa.? what all things are required.

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!!

Your question is not clear. H1 is a work visa, H4 is for dependants of H1. F1 is family visa. There are no conversions. You get whichever is applicable to your situation.

loku
07-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Hi,

I am on H1b but i was thinking if we can easily convert to f1 student visa or h4 visa dependent.

how much fees it takes to convert.

and can we convert back to h1b after being on h4 visa. it is esay to convert now a days?