PDA

View Full Version : EB2 India fwd movement: Possible Reason

smartboy75
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM
source: www.immigration-law.com

07/11/2008: Indian EB-2 Visa Number in Visa Bulletin August 2008 and Anticipated Expedited Adjudication of Their I-485 Applications to Prevent EB 2008 Visa Number Waste

The movement of the EB-2 visa numbers for Indians is indeed a very good news in that it sounds that the USCIS intends to take out the visa numbers for them before the end of September 2008 as best as they can and attempt to adjudicate the applications before the new fiscal year starts on October 1, 2008. Obviously, there must be a large number of EB-2 cases which were filed during the July 2007 Visa Bulletin fiasco whose priority date is June 1, 2006 or earlier date. It appears that the USCIS has been working hard to get these cases ready for adjudication while their visa numbers are availalbe so that the agency prevents the visa number for FY 2008 from being wasted. Please stay tuned to this web site for this remarkable turn of the events.

sushilup
07-11-2008, 01:49 PM
issue one year EAD and milk more money

07/11/2008: Indian EB-2 Visa Number in Visa Bulletin August 2008 and Anticipated Expedited Adjudication of Their I-485 Applications to Prevent EB 2008 Visa Number Waste

The movement of the EB-2 visa numbers for Indians is indeed a very good news in that it sounds that the USCIS intends to take out the visa numbers for them before the end of September 2008 as best as they can and attempt to adjudicate the applications before the new fiscal year starts on October 1, 2008. Obviously, there must be a large number of EB-2 cases which were filed during the July 2007 Visa Bulletin fiasco whose priority date is June 1, 2006 or earlier date. It appears that the USCIS has been working hard to get these cases ready for adjudication while their visa numbers are availalbe so that the agency prevents the visa number for FY 2008 from being wasted. Please stay tuned to this web site for this remarkable turn of the events.

lord_labaku
07-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I dont think USCIS intends to take out the visa numbers for them.

DOS (who publishes the visa bulletin) wants USCIS to take out the numbers....but USCIS sits all day scratching their bottoms & not approving any cases with current priority dates.

P.S : Pardon my crassness; but people waiting in line would definitely understand frustration.

GCOP
07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your post. Is there any chance for any or Significant movement like this in EB-3. Now it's about time for EB-3 to move ahead. We have been trying for Bills every year, without any luck. Why is it so difficult for any movement in EB-3, which is stuck in 2001 and not moving ahead. It is really frustrating. EB-3 I is really suffering the most. Is there any solution for that ?

Contributed to IV
PD: October 2003, EB-3

jonty_11
07-11-2008, 02:15 PM
again no one can explain the ridiculous date movements by DOS...so there can be no reason for this..Its just that someone saw numbers being wasted...and they randomly applied them to EB2...Now as for getting approvals for all those that are current now...forget it ...since that is USCIS and that is a whole different Animal (a lazy one!!)

smartboy75
07-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for your post. Is there any chance for any or Significant movement like this in EB-3. Now it's about time for EB-3 to move ahead. We have been trying for Bills every year, without any luck. Why is it so difficult for any movement in EB-3, which is stuck in 2001 and not moving ahead. It is really frustrating. EB-3 I is really suffering the most. Is there any solution for that ?

Contributed to IV
PD: October 2003, EB-3
The OFFICIAL answer to you question Is there any chance for similar movement for EB3 ??can only be available in the Oct Visa bulletin under EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY section....

GCOP
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks. Any input in this tough time is really appreciated. All I am trying to get is , any clue , any information to see the light at the end of this Long Dark Tunnel of EB-3.
The OFFICIAL answer to you question Is there any chance for similar movement for EB3 ??can only be available in the Oct Visa bulletin under EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY section....

Dhundhun
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
issue one year EAD and milk more money

First thing came to mind, almost everyone gets 1 year EAD. Perhaps it is not easy to decide who gets 2 years EAD. This movement of dates solves the problem.
.. Most of EB2 gets 1 yr. EAD
.. Most of EB3 gets 2 yr. EAD

webm
07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
again no one can explain the ridiculous date movements by DOS...so there can be no reason for this..Its just that someone saw numbers being wasted...and they randomly applied them to EB2...Now as for getting approvals for all those that are current now...forget it ...since that is USCIS and that is a whole different Animal (a lazy one!!)

It's true..even PD,processing times current scenario also..AOS approval rate was very slow...as it happenend for me 2 months May,June being current EB3-I nothing happened..:(

Crazy CIS and its policies..:mad:

sammyb
07-11-2008, 02:39 PM
USCIS will make more money by issuing 1 yr EAD to more EB2s & EB3s and come Sep/Oct, VB dates will go back to 04 again ...

First thing came to mind, almost everyone gets 1 year EAD. Perhaps it is not easy to decide who gets 2 years EAD. This movement of dates solves the problem.
.. Most of EB2 gets 1 yr. EAD
.. Most of EB3 gets 2 yr. EAD

ss2005
07-11-2008, 02:48 PM
If they want to make money, they no need to say that abt 2 year EAD at all.

And also most of the EAD renewals are free of cost who filed after 30th June 30 2007.

karanp25
07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I agree 100%.

jonty_11
07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
If they want to make money, they no need to say that abt 2 year EAD at all.

And also most of the EAD renewals are free of cost who filed after 30th June 30 2007.
man this is US...here prices of goods are jacked up and then a big SALE sign is posted on the front door....

Same for EAD...hey! will give u 2 year EADs, but only if your PD is not close...and then they make most of ours PDs close to the Cut off date..and Oops...now only 1 year EAD

ss_col
07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Not to be a damper but I think theres something else thats going on and its not for the benefit of EB2. I know many people before April 04 who have not got their GC's. Anyways, lets hope for the best.

hpandey
07-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks. Any input in this tough time is really appreciated. All I am trying to get is , any clue , any information to see the light at the end of this Long Dark Tunnel of EB-3.

Currently the tunnel is closed at the end for EB-3 :mad: and the only way out I see is for us EB-3 folks to dig through. No one cares about EB-3 I folks. That's the way I see it.

gondalguru
07-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I think all the unused EB1 and EB2-ROW visa number trickles down to EB2 - India/China and thats the main reason for a big jump in EB2-India cut off dates.

ItalySeAaTapki
07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
It is same as July07 VB Fiasco. An Error.

Either they will retract or will allow all the people to file I 485 and will issue GC after taking own sweet time.

Unless those 3 bills pass, not much hope.

GCOP
07-11-2008, 03:07 PM
How many applications are pending for EB-3 (I). ?
Currently the tunnel is closed at the end for EB-3 :mad: and the only way out I see is for us EB-3 folks to dig through. No one cares about EB-3 I folks. That's the way I see it.

pointlesswait
07-11-2008, 03:29 PM
i think this move is temp...it will move back..before oct 2008!!

I think all the unused EB1 and EB2-ROW visa number trickles down to EB2 - India/China and thats the main reason for a big jump in EB2-India cut off dates.

raysaikat
07-11-2008, 03:30 PM
In order to use left-over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2-ROW, the PD cut-off for China and India must be locked. That's one of the reason why India's cut-off date has also moved.

485Mbe4001
07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Why didnt the EB2 ROW number trickle to ROW EB3 first?

cableching
07-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I think movement in EB-3 for India nad Chine will be difficult, as most of the folks from ROW apply under EB3 and most of the applicants in EB2 are from India and Chine?
As a result EB-3 quota is used up easily and the per country limits apply for Indians and Chinese. Where as for EB-2, the per country limits do not apply as the ROW applicants are not that many.

jetguy777
07-11-2008, 04:20 PM

Previously, the policy was that all worldwide numbers would fall down into worldwide third and then from there, fall across to the countries impacted by retrogression (i.e. India, China). The policy was recently clarified and today the unused numbers are allocated within the same preference classification.

485Mbe4001
07-11-2008, 04:35 PM
thanks. now wonder EB3 -I is screwed. I just need to apply in EB2.

Previously, the policy was that all worldwide numbers would fall down into worldwide third and then from there, fall across to the countries impacted by retrogression (i.e. India, China). The policy was recently clarified and today the unused numbers are allocated within the same preference classification.

jonty_11
07-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Can you provide the source of this info? a link or something?

sroyc
07-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I posted this in another thread.

There could be two reasons for this huge forward movement for EB2.

1) They want to minimize wastage by making more visas available for CP.
2) There was some heartburn among EB2 China applicants when their PD was set to April 2004. Since there are a lot more EB2 India applicants with PD's earlier than that, they felt that most of the EB2-ROW spillover would go to India. Moving the dates forward to 2006 would ensure that EB2 China gets a decent share of the spillover.

jonty_11
07-11-2008, 05:20 PM
There is a lot of hurtburn among folks here abt a lot of things...Does that mean USCIS is going to cater to every case of heartburn. I dont think so.

jonty_11
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
>>>>>>>>

sroyc
07-11-2008, 05:43 PM
There is a lot of hurtburn among folks here abt a lot of things...Does that mean USCIS is going to cater to every case of heartburn. I dont think so.

What else would explain EB2 China's PD going back to EB2 India's PD (April 2004) when visas from EB2-ROW were made available and then both PD's moving to June 2006 (which was EB2 China's PD before it became unavailable)?

They could have set it to March 2005 and it would have been enough to exhaust the remaining EB2-ROW visas left considering the number of EB2 India applicants in the backlog. The fact is that there are not enough EB2 China applicants left in 2003/2004/2005. The only way they can get a fair share of the EB2-ROW spillover was if PD's for both EB2 India and China were moved to 2006.

Imigrait
07-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Can you provide the source of this info? a link or something?

Here's your link

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4252.html
Look at Section E. I have also pasted the text below.

E. EMPLOYMENT SECOND PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY

There have been questions raised regarding the way numbers have been provided to the China and India in the Employment Second preference categories beginning in April. Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that if total demand for visas in an Employment preference category is insufficient to use all available visa numbers in that category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limit. (For example: If the second preference annual limit were 40,000, number use by “All Other Countries” were estimated to be only 25,000, and the China/India combined number use based on their per-country limits were 6,000, then there would be 9,000 numbers unused. Those 9,000 numbers could then be made available to China and India applicants without regard to their per-country limits.)

Based on the informaiton available, it was been determined that the demand from “All Other Countries” for Second preference numbers, plus the amount of numbers available under China and India Second preference per-country limit, would be insufficient to utilize all available numbers under the annual limit for this category. Therefore, pursuant to Section 202(a)(5) of the Act, the unused numbers have been made available to China and India Second preference applicants. Since Section 203(e)(1) of the Act requires that such unused numbers be made available strictly in priority date order, the China and India applicants have been subject to the identical cut-off date. As there are more Employment Second preference applicants from India and the Indian applicants may have earlier priority dates, it is likely that Indian applicants will receive a larger portion of the available numbers than Chinese applicants.

It should be noted that the Employment Second preference category is "Current" for all countries except China and India. If at any point it appears that demand from “All Other Countries” would utilize all available numbers, then an adjustment would be made to the China/India cut-off date. Therefore, providing the unused numbers to China and India in no way disadvantages applicants from any other country, and helps to insure that the worldwide annual limit can be reached.

gcobsessed
07-11-2008, 09:40 PM
I consider this movement of dates a ticket to enter a lucky draw. Whatever visa numbers remain to be used in last two months of the fiscal year is going to be allocated at random to people who have their PD current in this period. So, congratulations to whoever gets lucky.

Well, your luck might be influenced by a variety of reasons like when you sent your application, whether your 140 is already approved, is it a complicated case, pending RFEs, etc. Nevertheless, it still is good news that so many people are now eligible to participate in the draw...

srini1976
07-11-2008, 10:12 PM
I consider this movement of dates a ticket to enter a lucky draw. Whatever visa numbers remain to be used in last two months of the fiscal year is going to be allocated at random to people who have their PD current in this period. So, congratulations to whoever gets lucky.

Well, your luck might be influenced by a variety of reasons like when you sent your application, whether your 140 is already approved, is it a complicated case, pending RFEs, etc. Nevertheless, it still is good news that so many people are now eligible to participate in the draw...

You are absolutely right dude :)
All (whose PD will be current) the Eb2 India folks try your luckkkkkkkkkkkkk..

ajaykk
07-11-2008, 10:35 PM
My PD is 06/27/06..should I feel happy or fingers x'd or just lucky....

maddipati1
07-11-2008, 11:12 PM
the current 485 processing dates for both NSC and TSC are in July'07.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

which means, processing of all the 485's with a PD before July'07 are completed and ready to be assigned a visa number.

and now VISA numbers are available.

also, i heard abt namecheck ruling, they will give u GC even if ur 485 is stuck in namecheck, which was worst way of getting stuck for lot of guys.

so, every EB2-I with a PD before 01JUN06 will get a GC shortly.

140 pending, RFE, clerical error cases are exception to this.
these guys will definetely get GC in OCT'08.

surely they will make EB2-I unavailable in next month, coz, there are no more VISA #s available for this year,

but in OCT they will resume from 01JUN06 minus 'the guys whose PD is before 01JUN06 and their application processing is completed (140 approved, satisfied RFE etc ) '

it looks all good for EB2-I guys have fun.

natrajs
07-11-2008, 11:49 PM
You are absolutely right dude :)
All (whose PD will be current) the Eb2 India folks try your luckkkkkkkkkkkkk..

Even after your PD becomes current you are still at the mercy of the IO and RD, ND and all the odd's

Its like Mega Million or Power ball lotto. I don't trust USCIS/DOS until I have the GC plastic in my hand.

In mean while we have to focus on the legislative efforts, Especially for EB3-I with out that it will be very hard.

So folks be active and get involved in IV's effort

solaris27
07-12-2008, 09:33 AM
http://www.immigration-law.com/

Even though the USCIS will accelerate processing of some of these cases, these I-485 waiters and their family members may want to take care of following three relief within this month:

I-140 Premium Processing: The first condition of present limited I-140 premium processing is the unavailability of the visa numbers for you. If your H-1B six-year limit will reach within the next two months and one-year increment extension is not available in your situation, please make it sure that you file the premium processing of I-140 petition before the end of July, 2008 for the three reasons: (1) Without the approval of I-140 petition, I-485 cannot be adjudicated. Since the premium processing will not be available from August 1, 2008, you should not fail to file premium processing services. (2) If the circumstances are such that you may have to change employment using approved I-140 petition, approval of I-140 petition by premium processing will be particularly critical. (3) As explained below, approval of I-140 is one condition for the H-1B three-year increment extension. If such extension is critical for you, you should seek premium processing services as quickly as possible within this month.
104(c) Three-Year H-1B Extension Petition: If you filed I-140 and I-485 concurrently during the period of July 2007 Visa Bulletin fiasco, some of you may have obtained the I-140 petition and are just waiting for the adjudication of I-485 application. Again, some of you who fit this description may not be eligible for one-year increment H-1B extension because of specific situation in each case. You may then have to file the three-year increment H-1B petition within this month as the 104(c) petition can be filed only during the visa number is not available for you.

Two-Year EAD Extension Application: If your EAD will expire within the next four months (120 days), you should file the EAD application within this month since the first condition for the two-year EAD is unavailability of visa number for the applicant.

The foregoing actions will be particularly important for the late I-485 receipt date filers. Since the USCIS is likely to adjudicate the I-485 applications in processing queue which is generally determined by the date of receipt of I-485 applications, the later the filing date is, the longer the adjudication will take in general, and the earlier the filing date is, the shorter the adjudication will take unless some issues are involved. Good luck.

Dhundhun
07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Two-Year EAD Extension Application: If your EAD will expire within the next four months (120 days), you should file the EAD application within this month since the first condition for the two-year EAD is unavailability of visa number for the applicant.

To be precise:

USCIS will continue to issue the EAD in one-year increments when the Department of State Visa Bulletin shows an employment-based preference category is current as a whole or the applicant’s priority date is current.

Reference: http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/2yrEAD_FAQ_061208.pdf

The Processing Dates are in Julys. Several applications are Augusts. Movement of Processings Dates are so slow that USCIS must have taken Processing Dates into account alongwith Priority Dates. There was a ball park figure from USCIS last year that it will take 18 month to process files.

Today's Processing Dates are:
TSC EB I485 Processing Date July 17, 2007
NSC EB I485 Processing Date July 28, 2007

rockstart
07-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Simple EB2 takes more priority over EB3 so EB2 ROW flow first to EB2 India & China and if there are more they will go to EB3

ras
07-12-2008, 12:38 PM
am still unclear. Does it mean those who have PD prior to Jun 06 will get their GC? I cant believe it.

At the personal end, I have my GC filed with Dec 06 PD. However, I have a previous I140 approved with Sept 05. I was thinking about porting the priority date. If I port it now will I get my GC based on the previous priority date?

Ofcourse I dont intend to port it at this point of time because am planning to get married in another 3-4months. so can you guys let me know what would be the best approach. Is it porting the previous priority date now or wait till getting married and then port it? In such case will the spouse be eligible to file for 485 when it is current. am confused.

Znan
07-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Guru, please help, my 140 is approved with my original employer who got acquired by a big fish. The Big Fish filed for a new 140 (they called it amendment I guess) and that is still pending. My priority date is Sep'05 EB2. Would I qualify to be lucky in the lottery game with this movement? Please help.

Even though the USCIS will accelerate processing of some of these cases, these I-485 waiters and their family members may want to take care of following three relief within this month: .

Becks
07-12-2008, 03:39 PM
I guess if you are assigned a visa number, they may put your case as pending new 140 approval. Ammendment may not take much time. So keep fingers crossed. Good Luck.

Guru, please help, my 140 is approved with my original employer who got acquired by a big fish. The Big Fish filed for a new 140 (they called it amendment I guess) and that is still pending. My priority date is Sep'05 EB2. Would I qualify to be lucky in the lottery game with this movement? Please help.

srkamath
07-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm killing my own joy here...... the Aug Bulletin says
"Consular officers are required to report to the Department of State documentarily qualified applicants for numerically limited visas; the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security reports applicants for adjustment of status."

Documentarily Qualified (DQ'd)

USCIS and Consulates submitted a list of Documentarily Qualified applicants to DOS on July 8th. The latest PD of the applicants on that list was before 01-June-2006, therefore they have set the PD at 01-June-2006.

What is documentarily qualified?

Znan
07-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Hope that is the case, thank you for the response...

I guess if you are assigned a visa number, they may put your case as pending new 140 approval. Ammendment may not take much time. So keep fingers crossed. Good Luck.

Jerrome
07-12-2008, 06:28 PM
I feel this move is to benefit EB-2 China, Since the EB1 and EB2 overflow are evenly distributed across china and india, keeping PD with 2004 would be a loss for china and gain for India. So by keeping 2006 June, USCIS will have enough visa numbers for China . India's share will be consumed by 2004 and 2005 applicants.

Even if India's PD is going to be in 2006 mid, this would result some adhoc or lucky one in 2006 getting GC than a majority of applicants. PD for india would move back to 2004 or 2005 by october 08.

If USCIS follows the same rule again then by next year end the PD for India will move.

This is my guess.

boreal
07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
the current 485 processing dates for both NSC and TSC are in July'07.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=NSC
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=TSC

which means, processing of all the 485's with a PD before July'07 are completed and ready to be assigned a visa number.

Are you sure about this? That means USCIS has been doing the pre-adjudication for applications whose PD was not current?

dhesha
07-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Are you sure about this? That means USCIS has been doing the pre-adjudication for applications whose PD was not current?

How one can find any VISA number is assigned to him? Also does this VISA number mean the GC number or just an A number?

alterego
07-12-2008, 08:34 PM
I posted this in another thread.

There could be two reasons for this huge forward movement for EB2.

1) They want to minimize wastage by making more visas available for CP.
2) There was some heartburn among EB2 China applicants when their PD was set to April 2004. Since there are a lot more EB2 India applicants with PD's earlier than that, they felt that most of the EB2-ROW spillover would go to India. Moving the dates forward to 2006 would ensure that EB2 China gets a decent share of the spillover.

Point taken, However when EB2 India is moved to June 1 2006, there will be even more EB2 India with PD earlier than it was previously. So whichever date you set as the cut off, EB2 India will have more people with PDs earlier than that. So I guess I am not understanding how that helps Chinese applicants. Unless the USCIS decides which of the petitions they will process with current priority dates and gives preference to Chinese cases. Per my understanding, they are supposed to use RD in such a situation. However who knows what they will do.

justAnotherFile
07-12-2008, 08:53 PM
i believe the argument that this sudden jump was made to help eb2 china is pure hogwash.

quoting from july visa bulletin as someone had pasted before

"Since Section 203(e)(1) of the Act requires that such unused numbers be made available strictly in priority date order, the China and India applicants have been subject to the identical cut-off date. As there are more Employment Second preference applicants from India and the Indian applicants may have earlier priority dates, it is likely that Indian applicants will receive a larger portion of the available numbers than Chinese applicants"

the dos has itself stated that these overflow number have to be allocated strictly according to pd order in order to abide by the law. they are not going to publicly state this and one month later do quite the opposite.

it must be truly a case of the uscis not providing sufficient number of approvable cases. now there could be some leeway there for uscis to help eb2-china by withholding some earlier pd indian applications saying they ar e not in approvable state. but i hope that is not the case.

Dhundhun
07-12-2008, 08:53 PM
USCIS and Consulates submitted a list of Documentarily Qualified applicants to DOS on July 8th. The latest PD of the applicants on that list was before 01-June-2006, therefore they have set the PD at 01-June-2006.

What is documentarily qualified?

This part is self-explanatory. It seems that USCIS made a list of all the applicants to Jul 08 by setting PD to Jun 01, 2006.

Documentarily Qualified might possibly imply:
.. Medically OK
.. FP and Name Check OK
.. Everything in application is consistent (e.g. DOB, Name, Kids, Spouse)
.. Requires No RFE
.. Requires no interview
.. Just requires GC (Visa) Number

My 2 cents input

Dhundhun
07-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I feel this move is to benefit EB-2 China, Since the EB1 and EB2 overflow are evenly distributed across china and india, ...

As I understand overflow is not supposed to be evenly distributed. It is supposed to be distributed based on PD. So overflow make PD of all the countries taking benefit of overflow same.

Dhundhun
07-12-2008, 09:06 PM
i believe the argument that this sudden jump was made to help eb2 china is pure hogwash

I think so.

Unless USCIS took all the pains to compile all EB2 qualified doculements and then to find out on what day China and India EB2 numbers become equal.

It is hard to comprehend.

srkamath
07-12-2008, 09:18 PM
i believe the argument that this sudden jump was made to help eb2 china is pure hogwash.........

Good point, i agree............

srkamath
07-12-2008, 09:26 PM
This part is self-explanatory. It seems that USCIS made a list of all the applicants to Jul 08, 2007 by setting PD to Jun 01, 2006.

.. Medically OK
.. FP and Name Check OK
.. Requires No RFE
.. Requires no interview

My 2 cents input
Thanks for your response,
I did some more searching on the DQ issue... it seems like it is a term applicable only to consular processing. When a visa applicant has responded to something like an RFE by sending a form DS2001 AND has cleared all background checks - he/she is called "DQ".

The equivalent for AOS cases may therefore be
- Completed and signed I-485 + Fees
- All initial evidence sent such as medical etc.
- Background checks cleared (or 180 days have passed)
My guess is DQ does not mean pre-adjudicated (I hope so...)

srkamath
07-12-2008, 09:54 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20141

Somebody with Nov05 PD tried to renew EAD and was given a 3 month EAD.......

Dhundhun
07-12-2008, 10:28 PM
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20141

Somebody with Nov05 PD tried to renew EAD and was given a 3 month EAD.......

Use of "01" instead of "10" has been common mistake by USCIS. I came across couple of such cases. This is typo error and they will fix it.

srkamath
07-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Use of "01" instead of "10" has been common mistake by USCIS. I came across couple of such cases. This is typo error and they will fix it.

i guess i read too much into it........

pkak
07-13-2008, 02:16 AM
i believe the argument that this sudden jump was made to help eb2 china is pure hogwash.

Scanning the FLC database, 5978 Indian Labor applicants with Level III/IV wage rates benefit with this jump, vs 761 Labor applicants from China.

Assuming one labor approval generates 2.5 AOS applications, and dividing the total AOS applications by 2 (attrition, I-140 denials, EB3 cases etc), approx 15K Indians benefit, vs <2K people from China.

Add to this 04/01/2004-03/27/2005 Indian applicants whose labor cases were adjudicated by Backlog Centers (approx 6000 Level III/IV applications , assuming same ball-park as 5853 similar India applicants certified in Fiscal year 2006), approx 7.5K more Indian’s will benefit.

immique
07-13-2008, 03:03 AM
the date is July 8th 2008 and NOT 2007 as you mentioned. July 8th 2008 is when USCIS submitted the list to the State Department regarding the demand for visa numbers. please do not confuse this with July visa bulletin developments of last year.

This part is self-explanatory. It seems that USCIS made a list of all the applicants to Jul 08, 2007 by setting PD to Jun 01, 2006.

.. Medically OK
.. FP and Name Check OK
.. Requires No RFE
.. Requires no interview

My 2 cents input

Dhundhun
07-13-2008, 03:18 AM
the date is July 8th 2008 and NOT 2007 as you mentioned. July 8th 2008 is when USCIS submitted the list to the State Department regarding the demand for visa numbers. please do not confuse this with July visa bulletin developments of last year.

Thanks immique. I am correcting it.

Jerrome
07-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Let us see the approvals trend till october. I am guessing the PD will move back to MID 2005 or 2004 by October for EB-2 India.

sheela
07-13-2008, 09:53 AM
Let us see the approvals trend till october. I am guessing the PD will move back to MID 2005 or 2004 by October for EB-2 India.

I don't agree. It will stay same or forward in small increments with new fiscal yr numbers available. I am saying so because EB2 I stayed for such long at 04/07 and everyone knows fewer LCs were filed/approved between 04 and 05.

alterego
07-13-2008, 10:28 AM
I don't agree. It will stay same or forward in small increments with new fiscal yr numbers available. I am saying so because EB2 I stayed for such long at 04/07 and everyone knows fewer LCs were filed/approved between 04 and 05.

Keep in mind two things. Many, quite possibly most of the July VB fiasco filed 485s have not been processed yet, Eb2 or EB3 India. There have been more recently (in the past couple of months) but still not most. A good number of those filers had earlier PDs.
The quarterly statutory quota for EB2 I or C is so puny (something like 700 visas) that any movement would almost entirely be dependent on the Eb1 and EB2ROW overflow. That is why I feel, once this next two months pass, we will see dates back in 2004 for EB2. Maybe not quite back in April, but sometime in the middle to later 2004. However we could see PDs move at a healthy clip for EB2 I and C next year. It will take most of next years overflow to clear up the EB2 backlog in my view.

delax
07-13-2008, 11:34 AM

Think about this for a minute. By doing so EB3-ROW is given precedence over EB2-Retro country after the ROW within EB2 has been satisfied. I cant see how that can make sense - not that anything in the GC sojourn makes sense. The categorization across employment categories is due to a difference in skill, training and experience level. Once the ROW demand within a category has been satisified, the retro country within the same category needs to get a preference over any lower category - sounds very harsh and heirarchical but thats how it is.

Legal
07-13-2008, 11:35 AM
#67 Today, 09:28 AM
alterego
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2006

Keep in mind two things. Many, quite possibly most of the July VB fiasco filed 485s have not been processed yet, Eb2 or EB3 India. There have been more recently (in the past couple of months) but still not most.

When a few IV members predicted the rapid movment of EB2 -I, they were dismissed as naive, and fantasizing. Yet, here we are with the EB-2-I PD current for June 2006. Lately, I'm having more faith in the philosophical statement -"The truth is unknowable". :) and having less and less faith on the speculations/ predictions of most IV members.

Are you sure about your above statement? My interpretation is since the processing date for 485s at the Nebraska service center is July 27th 2007, all the 485S received before that date have been processed, and are waiting only for visa number assignment.

I would like to fantasize next fee weeks my assumption is correct:). My PD is EB2-I feb 2006, RD July 2nd 2007.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Keep in mind two things. Many, quite possibly most of the July VB fiasco filed 485s have not been processed yet, Eb2 or EB3 India. There have been more recently (in the past couple of months) but still not most. A good number of those filers had earlier PDs.
The quarterly statutory quota for EB2 I or C is so puny (something like 700 visas) that any movement would almost entirely be dependent on the Eb1 and EB2ROW overflow. That is why I feel, once this next two months pass, we will see dates back in 2004 for EB2. Maybe not quite back in April, but sometime in the middle to later 2004. However we could see PDs move at a healthy clip for EB2 I and C next year. It will take most of next years overflow to clear up the EB2 backlog in my view.

They have no reason to pull the dates back. Most 2004, 2005, part 2006 people got to apply during the july07 fiasco. In the past, they have pulled the dates back if new applications flooded in when they pushed the dates up.
USCIS will process in the following order now
1. Pull out cases based on PD, review then approve/deny/RFE
2. While waiting for RFE, process the next based on PD
3. IF the RFE response window is outside of this fiscal, they will re-allocate the visa number to another approvable case.

They will manage to process about 20k cases approving as many as possible by Sep30th2008.

Therefore, only those with pending RFEs will be delayed into next year.

USCIS is not all that inefficient or incompetent, not sure about DOS (to be fair, the Visa Office seems to have got its act together in the recent months)

Legal
07-13-2008, 12:03 PM
srkamath

Mnay July 07 filers have reported LUDs and RFE on their 485 this past year when their priority dates were not current. This means all the files that were received in or before July 27th 2007 at NSC have already been reviewed.

alterego
07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
When a few IV members predicted the rapid movment of EB2 -I, they were dismissed as naive, and fantasizing. Yet, here we are with the EB-2-I PD current for June 2006. Lately, I'm having more faith in the philosophical statement -"The truth is unknowable". :) and having less and less faith on the speculations/ predictions of most IV members.

Are you sure about your above statement? My interpretation is since the processing date for 485s at the Nebraska service center is July 27th 2007, all the 485S received before that date have been processed, and are waiting only for visa number assignment.

I would like to fantasize next fee weeks my assumption is correct:). My PD is EB2-I feb 2006, RD July 2nd 2007.

Fair enough, you are free to fantasize. :) I didn't mean to rain on your party!

I'd wish too that what you said is true. Hey, I am a well wisher of EB immigration.

However my understanding is that many 485s were not receipted like yours. Also the processing dates have stuck at that time now. So although admittedly I am not sure how many of those applications were in fact processed, I suspect it is not the majority. There are indications that there are 200-250K pending EB 485s of which 40-45% are EB India and another 15% or so Chinese. Looking at the bigger picture if 35% of these are EB2. I can't see how the EB2 backlog can be cleared before the end of the next fiscal year.

I whole heartedly agree with you that our speculation and guesswork is often wrong, but it gives us something to do while we wait!

immi_seeker
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
They have no reason to pull the dates back. Most 2004, 2005, part 2006 people got to apply during the july07 fiasco. In the past, they have pulled the dates back if new applications flooded in when they pushed the dates up.
3. IF the RFE response window is outside of this fiscal, they will re-allocate the visa number to another approvable case.

They will manage to process about 20k cases approving as many as possible by Sep30th2008.

USCIS is not all that inefficient or incompetent, not sure about DOS (to be fair, the Visa Office seems to have got its act together in the recent months)

But where are we getting these numbers like say 20k visas are available for EB2..

pkak
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Where the visa numbers in Oct'08 will be will depend on how proactive IV is.

Here is my take on the situation.

DOS said that they used up 80% of EB numbers in first 3 quarters of Fiscal year '08, that leaves 28K (20% of 140K) visas available for last quarter of Fiscal year '08.

Since higher priority categories are already current, this means that most of these visas have to be used by EB2 India/China.

Hence DOS made it an option for USCIS to issue another 25K visas to EB2 India/China.

See my analysis:

I agree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAnotherFile

Scanning the FLC database, 5978 Indian Labor applicants with Level III/IV wage rates benefit with this jump, vs 761 Labor applicants from China.

Assuming one labor approval generates 2.5 AOS applications, and dividing the total AOS applications by 2 (attrition, I-140 denials, EB3 cases etc), approx 15K Indians benefit, vs <2K people from China.

Add to this 04/01/2004-03/27/2005 Indian applicants whose labor cases were adjudicated by Backlog Centers (approx 6000 Level III/IV applications , assuming same ball-park as 5853 similar India applicants certified in Fiscal year 2006), approx 7.5K more Indian’s will benefit.)

If USCIS uses these 25K visas, then in Oct'08, they get the first quarter allocation for Fiscal year '09, and my calculation shows that EB2 India/China will move to atleast Jul 1, 06 (based on 627 India/China Level III/IV labor approvals forthat period).

If USCIS lets the 25K visas to go waste, then in Oct'08, PDs will move back to mid 04.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 01:27 PM
But where are we getting these numbers like say 20k visas are available for EB2..

DOS / USCIS in their congressional testimony in May, stated that they have used up ~ 65% of the 140k EB numbers by April - that left us with ~ 49 k unused then.
Shortly thereafter, the VB said all the allotable numbers for EB3 had been used up and that all EB1 spillover and EB2 ROW leftovers will go to EB2 retrogressed countries.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Where the visa numbers in Oct'08 will be will depend on how proactive IV is.

Here is my take on the situation.

DOS said that they used up 80% of EB numbers in first 3 quarters of Fiscal year '08, that leaves 28K (20% of 140K) visas available for last quarter of Fiscal year '08.

Since higher priority categories are already current, this means that most of these visas have to be used by EB2 India/China.

Hence DOS made it an option for USCIS to issue another 25K visas to EB2 India/China.

See my analysis:

If USCIS uses these 25K visas, then in Oct'08, they get the first quarter allocation for Fiscal year '09, and my calculation shows that EB2 India/China will move to atleast Jul 1, 06 (based on 627 India/China Level III/IV labor approvals forthat period).

If USCIS lets the 25K visas to go waste, then in Oct'08, PDs will move back to mid 04.

If they can approve ~ 150 k total EB cases per year @ ~12,500 / month, with EB3 used up for the remainder of this year, they can definitely process at least 25 k during Aug and Sep.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Mnay July 07 filers have reported LUDs and RFE on their 485 this past year when their priority dates were not current. This means all the files that were received in or before July 27th 2007 at NSC have already been reviewed.

I'm sure most cases have recd at least a computerized review by now, many of the LUDs are for fingerprinting, name checks, change of processing centers etc. Yes there is definitely activity.
However, it does not mean that all pre Jun06 cut-off cases have been pre-adjudicated.

Jerrome
07-13-2008, 01:38 PM
If your guess true, it is good for me.. My PD is 2006 April with RD of July 31st 2007 in TSC with 140 approved. :-)

boreal
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sure most cases have recd at least a computerized review by now, many of the LUDs are for fingerprinting, name checks, change of processing centers etc. Yes there is definitely activity.
However, it does not mean that all pre Jun06 cut-off cases have been pre-adjudicated.

I agree. Infact my application hasnt even been touched once (July 2, RD), no soft LUD either, even after FP .. makes me believe that there might be other applications out there too that have never been touched so far..so we cant assume that all the cases prior to July 2007 have already been pre-adjudicated, just because the processing-dates at NSC say July 2007. I think the processing dates reflect only those cases whose PD was current when the processing-dates timeframe came out. We will know more accurately when the processing-dates are updated next month. If the processing-dates, even after next month's update remain at July, 2007, then we can probably assume that our cases have already been pre-adjudicated. (still makes me wonder how that can happen without any soft LUDs at all, but anything is possible). I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

rajuram
07-13-2008, 03:22 PM
It is just a temporary movement to capture as many visa number as possible. Dates will move back in Oct and surge forward in June 09.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I agree. Infact my application hasnt even been touched once (July 2, RD), no soft LUD either, even after FP .. makes me believe that there might be other applications out there too that have never been touched so far..so we cant assume that all the cases prior to July 2007 have already been pre-adjudicated, just because the processing-dates at NSC say July 2007. I think the processing dates reflect only those cases whose PD was current when the processing-dates timeframe came out. We will know more accurately when the processing-dates are updated next month. If the processing-dates, even after next month's update remain at July, 2007, then we can probably assume that our cases have already been pre-adjudicated. (still makes me wonder how that can happen without any soft LUDs at all, but anything is possible). I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

We should compare the processing date at NSC / TSC with the erroneous receipt date they show in the online case status. Their computer systems are more likely to have recorded that date than the presumably hand-typed receipt date on our I-485 receipt notices......
My actual receipt date is July 2nd, but the online case status shows Aug23 rd, i'm not expecting anything to happen until TSC proc. date gets past Aug 23rd.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 03:31 PM
It is just a temporary movement to capture as many visa number as possible. Dates will move back in Oct and surge forward in June 09.

NO it won't !:);)

rongch60
07-13-2008, 04:56 PM
All the data shows that we have 20K EB2 I/C with PD before 6/1/2006, and it is comparable with the unused 20K quota from EB1 and EB2-ROW. As stated by Openhemer, the 2 year jump is due to the spillover of 20K to EB2 instead of EB3-ROW and there will NOT be any significant retrogression in Oct. However, a petition is being organized in this forum to stopping this spillover. Only if the petition succeed, we will see EB2 date goes back to 2004.

Legal
07-13-2008, 05:49 PM
If they can approve ~ 150 k total EB cases per year @ ~12,500 / month, with EB3 used up for the remainder of this year, they can definitely process at least 25 k during Aug and Sep.

They adjudicated lot more 485s than 25 K last year. This massive adjudication was the reason behind threatened withdrawal of July 07 bulletin.

srkamath
07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
They adjudicated lot more 485s than 25 K last year. This massive adjudication was the reason behind threatened withdrawal of July 07 bulletin.

Yes, they can do a lot more than 25 k in 2 months.
EB2 folks, please get prepared for RFEs - a few possibilities.
1. Medicals, outdated physicals, PPD positive etc.
2. Passport expired since applying for I-485 last summer.
3. Father's or Mother's name misspelled.
4. DOB discrepancies.
5. Translations of documents
6. Find those old pay-stubs, bank records, W2s, I-20s
7. Google yourself and your spouse.

pkak
07-13-2008, 07:00 PM
All the data shows that we have 20K EB2 I/C with PD before 6/1/2006, and it is comparable with the unused 20K quota from EB1 and EB2-ROW. As stated by Openhemer, the 2 year jump is due to the spillover of 20K to EB2 instead of EB3-ROW and there will NOT be any significant retrogression in Oct. However, a petition is being organized in this forum to stopping this spillover. Only if the petition succeed, we will see EB2 date goes back to 2004.

EB2-India folks should also initiate a petition campaign (on lines of the EB3-India folks) to make sure that these 25K visas do get adjudicated before fiscal year ’08 ends.
USCIS may well end up wasting a bulk of these visas, contending that since they are statutorily required to adjudicate all EAD applications within 90 days, and there is a surge in EAD renewals because of (a) July-07 visa bulletin fiasco; and (b) people applying for renewal this month, hoping to get 2 year EAD. Therefore, because of surge in EAD applications, they do not have resources to use up all of this year’s visa numbers.
If this happens even EB3 India will be potential losers also.

akp22
07-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes, they can do a lot more than 25 k in 2 months.
EB2 folks, please get prepared for RFEs - a few possibilities.
1. Medicals, outdated physicals, PPD positive etc.
2. Passport expired since applying for I-485 last summer.
3. Father's or Mother's name misspelled.
4. DOB discrepancies.
5. Translations of documents
6. Find those old pay-stubs, bank records, W2s, I-20s
7. Google yourself and your spouse.

Yes, I got RFE on birth cert....

rajeshalex
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Can IV use FOIA to
1 get the visa numbers allocated by USCIS for the past one year ?
2 pending 485 applns grouped by country/EB category/priority date?

I think this will clear lot of speculations/and if needed we can do something regarding the visa number wastage/retrogression.

Rajesh

gimmegc
07-13-2008, 07:57 PM
We should compare the processing date at NSC / TSC with the erroneous receipt date they show in the online case status. Their computer systems are more likely to have recorded that date than the presumably hand-typed receipt date on our I-485 receipt notices......
My actual receipt date is July 2nd, but the online case status shows Aug23 rd, i'm not expecting anything to happen until TSC proc. date gets past Aug 23rd.

Hi srkamath

My actual RD is 2nd July, my notices show it as 30th of July. Do you think we should try you get that corrected? Is that posssible at all?

Thanks

srkamath
07-13-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi srkamath

My actual RD is 2nd July, my notices show it as 30th of July. Do you think we should try you get that corrected? Is that posssible at all?

Thanks

Lucky you, you might start seeing LUDs on you case by the end of this month. If you do please send me a message.
Reg correcting the dates, USCIS usually takes months to respond to such things. I'm not gonna do anything about it for my case, unless the processing dates show virtually no movement.

My understanding of process.date is that it is the oldest date of completed cases - which means they might be caught up with processing on most cases received till that date (July-20th 2007 ?) I could be wrong, we'll see..

gimmegc
07-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Lucky you, you might start seeing LUDs on you case by the end of this month. If you do please send me a message.
Reg correcting the dates, USCIS usually takes months to respond to such things. I'm not gonna do anything about it for my case, unless the processing dates show virtually no movement.

My understanding of process.date is that it is the oldest date of completed cases - which means they might be caught up with processing on most cases received till that date (July-20th 2007 ?) I could be wrong, we'll see..

Thanks, I will keep you posted. My PD is Nov 04 and I am hopeful that something good is gonna come out of this one......

InTheMoment
07-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Wow.. you think people on the 485 production line are the ones who also do EAD's or get pulled out to do EAD work, nice simple thinking ! :p

The ones who adjudicate EAD's are usually rookie IO's recently from training or IIO's lent to the service center for emergencies, like last year when officers were flown in from disctrict offices during the surge to NSC for adjudicating EAD within 90 days...in addition to transferring to EAD apps to CSC.

I-485 CAO's are usually the most experienced adjudicators.

EB2-India folks should also initiate a petition campaign (on lines of the EB3-India folks) to make sure that these 25K visas do get adjudicated before fiscal year ’08 ends.
USCIS may well end up wasting a bulk of these visas, contending that since they are statutorily required to adjudicate all EAD applications within 90 days, and there is a surge in EAD renewals because of (a) July-07 visa bulletin fiasco; and (b) people applying for renewal this month, hoping to get 2 year EAD. Therefore, because of surge in EAD applications, they do not have resources to use up all of this year’s visa numbers.
If this happens even EB3 India will be potential losers also.

amsgc
07-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I read somewhere that now all the applications - 485/EAD/AP, for one particular applicant, are adjudicated by the same officer. This is a new process change to improve efficiency. I think the article I read indicated that it was already working that way at TSC.

Unfortunately, i don't have the link, but I will post it if i come across it.

Wow.. you think people on the 485 production line are the ones who also do EAD's or get pulled out to do EAD work, nice simple thinking ! :p

The ones who adjudicate EAD's are usually rookie IO's recently from training or IIO's lent to the service center for emergencies, like last year when officers were flown in from disctrict offices during the surge to NSC for adjudicating EAD within 90 days...in addition to transferring to EAD apps to CSC.

I-485 CAO's are usually the most experienced adjudicators.

InTheMoment
07-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the latest info. Would be interested to know about this change...

I read somewhere that now all the applications - 485/EAD/AP, for one particular applicant, are adjudicated by the same officer. This is a new process change to improve efficiency. I think the article I read indicated that it was already working that way at TSC.

Dhundhun
07-14-2008, 12:48 AM

My case (I485) is with NSC. The e-filed EAD renewal also got LIN number, but (may be due to load distribution) it is being handled by MSC.

Does this imply everything will be handled by MSC instead of TSC? I think source article is needed to analyze, what is happening.

pointlesswait
07-14-2008, 10:17 AM
i think this is the most logical reasoning!
but the million $ question is: is for how long! :confused:

In order to use left-over visa numbers from EB1 and EB2-ROW, the PD cut-off for China and India must be locked. That's one of the reason why India's cut-off date has also moved.